Ocean Prime - Denver
1465 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimedenver.com/
- Phone: 3038253663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Sunday 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: 4:00 PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eally Smith
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar! The music begins at 6:30 p.m., Thursday and Friday, and at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers!
A word from Ocean Prime - Denver
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ocean Prime - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Ocean Prime - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
329 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (265)romantic (199)fit for foodies (143)notable wine list (141)hot spot (89)good for groups (86)scenic view (68)vibrant bar scene (55)neighborhood gem (50)great for outdoor dining (37)great for lunch (25)late-night find (19)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- MarkoDined on 8/29/2014Always a great dining experience. Tables on the veranda give an entertaining look at Larimer Square.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantMaryDined on 8/29/2014The food and service were excellent. The staff was friendly and very accomodating every step of the way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Good food, nice ambiance, friendly staff, and fantastic service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie44VIPDined on 8/29/2014We went during restaurant week and had a delicious filet mignon. It was very tender and well cooked. Nice atmosphere and service!Special Features:
- Prime PefectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We went here for Restaurant week and were thrilled we had chosen Ocean Prime. Our service was exceptional and very friendly. They gave us a table by the window overlooking Larimer which was fun. For dinner we chose the teriyaki salmon and the filet with Cabernet jus. Both exceeded our expectations with their wonderful seasonings and sauces. Their French onion soup was perfect, in fact the best I've had, not too salty. I would go here again and highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Very nice atmosphere, GREAT service and GREAT food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Our first time dinning at Ocean Prime. The salmon and filet were outstanding. The service was also outstanding. This was one of our top two meals ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good...butPSmurfVIPDined on 8/28/2014Our first visit here. Food, surroundings, service were all very good and appropriately priced (a high-end place). However, the whole experience was rather lacking in the "personal" feeling. One got the feeling that all was business as usual, as with any multiple-location high-end chain. We could have been at any similar quality steak and seafood restaurant anywhere in the U.S., left satisfied, but never remembering which one we were at. In a city like Denver (and with the foodie town of Boulder nearby), there are so many great & memorable establishments, that there is no particular reason to return here. Well worth trying, and certainly fine for some special celebration.Special Features:
- Great way to celebrate s BIG bday!LeneDined on 8/28/2014My husband and son surprised me by flying in two of my best girlfriends to celebrate my 60th BD. Paul, our server, made it even more special with a special dessert and extra attention. We'll be back! Thank you for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- garylDined on 8/27/2014Great atmosphere, excellent food and friendly, efficient, unobtrusive service.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014My boyfriend and I had a great experience at Ocean Prime. The service was top notch, the food was delicious and our server had an awesome drink suggestion that I greatly enjoyed. We will definitely return for hopefully another great experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014I love this place. I definitely would return to try more dishes. Service was well exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Overall impressiveironwmDined on 8/27/2014We took advantage of restaurant week here. None of the four of us had been to Ocean Prime before and we were all impressed.Very nice ambiance and atmosphere The waiter, Paul, and help staff were superb. We all had Cesar salad; large and very good. I had teriyaki salmon and the others had filet mignon. Notably, the dishes were served pipping hot and prepared perfectly. The steaks were accompanied by Haricot Verts, my salmon was not and I felt like I missed out. The only real draw back was that a party of about 10-12 were seated next to us and were quite loud. The room in the restaurant in which we were seated had few tables and was intimate. It seems that that party should have been seated privately or elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014Ocean Prime is one of our favorites. Went for Restaurant Week and it was great. Besides food being great, service is the best. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280CarolecooksDined on 8/26/2014I love having the opportunity to go out and try new restaurants. Every once in a while you find a real gem. This restaurants is a real gem.Special Features:
- trfinleyDined on 8/26/2014We had an awesome time. The food was outstanding, not too much, which with the price might not be so good, but I hate leaving so full. So this was just right. Our service was great. Everything about it was wonderful. Glad you asked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Salmon was awesome. Service was as well. Great views of Larimer Square from our second floor table.Special Features:
- Ecstatic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014My best friend and I were delighted with the wonderful experience we had on Tuesday. The filet was the best as well as the Carrot cake! The whole meal was perfect as well as the exceptional service! Ocean Prime is most likely the best restaurant in Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch!FitFoodieDined on 8/26/2014I work at a steak & seafood house, and have for years so I'm picky when choosing one to go to. Everything was excellent. We started with happy hour drinks on the patio. Everything was great, and we decided to go ahead and have dinner outside as well instead of moving into the restaurant. The server was friendly and attentive. (She was training someone also). We had the crab cake to start which is my favorite in town. Then we all did the 5280 menu. I had the filet Oscar style. It was cooked perfectly and there were big pieces of crab with the Oscar. I was pleasantly surprised with the portion sizes for 5280. My friend's steaks were slightly overcooked, but other than that everything was amazing. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Denver Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014I felt the menu for restaurant week didn't reflect enough of the specialties of this restaurant. We chose the salmon entrée which was delicious. The service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeTerrabithDined on 8/25/2014Me and my wife went to this restaurant as part of the Denver restaurant week. We made reservations and came a bit early. Got seated within 5 minutes. Main dining hall looks very nice. Our server was quick and very attentive. From fixed menu we tried chicken with shrimp scampi on a side and filet mignon with crab (it was seafood place afterall). Food was awesome including salads and desert. For desert we took carrot cake and lemon sorbet. I am no fan of carrot cake usually, but this one was great. It was moist and not heavy. Overall it was great experience. Also their cocktails were very good as well. Did not try wine, but the list looked large.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly satisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014The food was great, and the customer service was outstanding!! I will definitely be returning!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 2014July2014Dined on 8/25/2014This was a great pick for Restaurant Week, with the 3 course menu. Salad, main dish (steak & mashed potatoes) and dessert were all delicious. Wait staff was very attentive, polite and professional. We went earlier in the evening so it wasn't very busy, which was perfect for us.Special Features:
- the best in DenverKirkDined on 8/25/2014The filet is like butter and the teraki salmon is to die for. Carolyn was our server and what a delight. She is awesome. The best restrauant in Denver. Better than all the big steak places. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kevin & Roxane BelangerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food was awesome. Our Waiter Dennis Sheehe Was SPECTACULAR! He is the BEST in the business. We informed management at the Hyatt Regency that the Ocean Prime should be the first restaurant that they suggest to their quest. And they should ask for Mr. Dennis Sheehe. We will look for the Ocean Prime restaurant every time we travel. WHO DAT!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service was lackingLisaDined on 8/24/2014Have been many times and this is the first time service was not great. I brought my kids and felt we were not given same attention as when I go with adults. My kids are teenagers so not little and was supposed to be a treat for them. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I loved the crab cake they served me, and i am from Maine so it is hard for me to find great seafood in Denver! Everything we ate was awesome!! Service was great! Thank you Denver Restaurant Week for allowing us to try things that are normally expensive (but rightfully so) LOLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night on Aug 23NightowlDined on 8/23/2014We attended the first day of restaurant week. The restaurant is very elegant, clean and modern. The food was fabulous. I ordered the teriyaki salmon; the salmon was a bit burnt. The teriyaki sauce that comes with the dish was light, well balanced and covered most of the burnt salmon taste, but I still would've ate it. I've been to many restaurants and this restaurant by far has the best attention to detail customer service. My date ordered the filet mignon well done, (I like mine medium) anyways our waiter saw that the steak was a bit under cooked and asked if they could grill it a bit more but she was fine with her steak. Overall great restaurant for a special occasion. Yes, I would recommend this restaurant and yes, I would return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night location!SpringscoupleDined on 8/23/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary, best steak I have had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!SabrajettDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful gem for Denver dining and worth every penny. Attention to detail and service are immaculate. The filet mignon was like butter. Make a reservation or you'll wait. The word is out!Special Features:
- A Terrific Choice!LillyDined on 8/23/2014Delicious! This was a great restaurant to explore for Restaurant Week. There were many wonderful menu options, Austin provided excellent service, and it was fun to check out the atmosphere. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekdeanieDined on 8/23/2014In my opinion, not worth the time or money to go for Restaurant Week. We couldn't find a Restaurant Week menu so we thought we'd take a chance but joked that they'd probably have a lame menu with salmon. Our worse nightmare was true. You get 3 choices: salmon, chicken or filet minon. At a place called Ocean's Prime. Plus either french onion soup or a tiny salad and strawberry ice cream or carrot cake. The filet came with moderately bland mashed potatoes, a tasty gravy and green beans. I'm sure the beef was worth more than the price of admission but we were hoping for some shrimp cocktail or you know, some other oceanic food.Special Features:
- Where excellence meets rememberanceCulinaryPassionDined on 8/23/2014Ocean Prime was our first choice to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary. Upon our arrival we were greeted with glasses of Champaign and immediately escorted to our requested window table. From that moment forward my wife and I knew we were going to have an evening we would remember. In today’s hectic and challenging business environment it is rare to see a restaurant that excels in so many aspects of quality and attentiveness. Ocean Prime has found that special formula which melds inter-personal communications, quality of product and outstanding service into an experience that represents a caring business ownership, professional service providers and culinary experts into a memorable experience. Thank you. Allen and CindySpecial Features:
- O.P!JusteatitDined on 8/22/2014Great place to get away!go early to the bar to get a drink and try the wild orchid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Everything was great. excellent food and Service. the restaurant is alive.Special Features:
- Good, but difficult to recommendKingofTyLandDined on 8/18/2014I'll start by saying that nothing about this restaurant was bad, other than a couple cocktails I received (which I sent back). I took my girlfriend there for her birthday as she had requested seafood. Overall the service was attentive and quite good. It took a little longer than it should have to receive some courses. Blame placed on a very large group that came in just ahead of us. Acceptable. Out of 3 cocktails ordered, only one was passable. My Negroni was even butchered. Both of us had fish entrees, and they were good, well-cooked, and fairly simple. There's not a lot of creativity going on here, so don't come looking for that. Considering the price, and the value I feel like I received, I think I'll look elsewhere.Special Features:
- DMW81814Dined on 8/18/2014This was a business dinner and it was a great place for businessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treat for out-of-town guestsHudsonsDined on 8/17/2014Service was excellent from the minute we entered the restaurant - our reserved table was ready and the staff recognized that we had an elderly guest who would benefit from the use of an elevator. Tom, our server, was incredible - he even arranged for a showy non-alcoholic cocktail for our designated driver! Those who ordered steak were very pleased with their selections - those of us who had seafood found them tinged with a fishy aftertaste - especially the lobster adorning the Halibut. So turf was the better option. But the desserts were fabulous and the attentive service and overall ambiance and gorgeous decor make this a special spot to dine and entertain guests.Special Features:
- Issues, but quickly corrected!AnayaDined on 8/16/2014I made resv's to Ocean Prime for Dinner Al Fresco over a month in advance. When we got there the hostess said they only had room inside. I said, no way, the whole reason we came here was to enjoy outside as part of the Al Fresco experience. After a few minutes of moving things around, we were seated to a great table outside. Heather, the GM, quickly came out to introduce herself and gave us her card. We ordered dinner and apps, about 30 minutes later our server said they were out of the scallops I ordered! I had my mind and taste buds zero'd in on those for 4 weeks, bummer! A seafood restaurant out of a menu staple on an important event?! They comp'd my dinner and dessert. Even though we had those issues, I'll be back-awesome staff/food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedDisappointedVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I really looked forward to having dinner at Ocean Prime. We rented a limo for a night out downtown, and brought along our closest friends. Therefore, it was extremely disappointing when the service and food were mediocre. It took 30 minutes to get a drink after we were seated; and when the dinner was served, the portions were ridiculously small. The halibut, one of the more expensive items on the menu, was terrible and heavily laden in salt. The only think reasonable good was the small filet. All of this at a hefty price.