Ocean Prime - Dallas
2101 Cedar Springs Drive
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimedallas.com/
- Phone: 2149650440x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eugenio Reyes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano music in our piano bar! The music begins at 7:00pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers!
A word from Ocean Prime - Dallas
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Ocean Prime - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (178)romantic (132)fit for foodies (90)good for groups (77)notable wine list (65)hot spot (59)vibrant bar scene (48)great for lunch (30)great for outdoor dining (29)scenic view (26)neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (18)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Dinnerbill57kathyVIPDined on 10/15/2014Dinner was fantastic and the food, atmosphere and service were outstanding. This is one of my favorite places to take clients for lunch and dinner because I can always count on the food and service to be excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWEFULJerryDined on 10/13/2014The service was absolutely atrocious; the server was an idiot, never gave us an overview of menu or special, had to be reminded multiple times by other waiters, double-charged us on 1 item, and was obviously perturbed we did not order wine. It was our anniversary and nothing was ever done to acknowledge it. VERY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. I have since contacted to manager to let him know.Special Features:
- Great experience!Miles2GoTXDined on 10/13/2014We were looking for a great dining experience to celebrate a wedding anniversary and a location close to American Airlines Center to attend a concert. Ocean Prime delivered both! The food was great, the service was excellent, the atmosphere was low-key but elegant, and the noise-level was low, so we could actually converse across a large table. Looking forward to going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!BiggsDined on 10/12/2014Ocean Prime is quickly becoming our favorite Uptown restaurant. It seems to get better every time we visit. Amazing food....amazing wine list...impeccable service with a knowledgable wait staff! Thank you once again for a memorable evening! Until next time....Special Features:
- Food good, staff a bit pretentiousAlwaystravelingPJDined on 10/7/2014Walked in and fell in love with the place, great atmosphere. Nice food selection, great wine selections. Then our waitor showed up it was as if he only wanted to recommend the most expensive of everything. He turned his nose up when we asked for things to be split. If we didn't onder his recommendation he seemed insulted. The food was good, for sure try the jalapeño potatoes To die for! And the peanut butter dessert was amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Yes, Steak NoHattieVIPDined on 10/7/2014I took a group of clients there and have had seafood and loved it. Several had the steak and they were good , not great. I had the Ribeye and it was not very good at all . Low on flavor.Special Features:
- Outstanding service!!TexasgalDined on 10/4/2014It seems of late, that authentic quality service is a rare find. Not the case at Ocean Prime. Celebrating a birthday, we chose Ocean Prime based upon a visit to one out of state. They did not let us down. From our initial experience choosing to relax in the bar prior to dinner to our dining, the service staff, seemed so genuinely interested in our enjoying our time. It did not go unappreciated...we continue to recommend Ocean Prime to our friends!! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingdinendashDined on 10/3/2014My girlfriend and I had an amazing experience here at ocean prime. Amazing waitstaff to excellent food. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayOceanSubPrimeDined on 10/3/2014The restaurant is beautiful. We had the calamari, crab cakes, and the chopped seafood salad. The calamari was by far the best dish we had. I found the other items mediocre and a bit on the salty side. Not what I was expecting. The waiter was nice enough and semi attentive at first; however, my daughter and I could not understand him well when he was describing the different dishes-it was our first visit to this place so we asked about specialities of the house. His accent was really thick and I'm from Houston so waitstaff with latin dialects are common, his however, was challenging. I would try the place again but only the bar area because the singer was amazing and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely doneMitchVIPDined on 9/30/2014Attractive dining room, great bars, server was attentive and knew her stuff. Superb tuna tartare. One dish I love is blackened redfish and this may have been the best I have had (go figure, in a chain). Perfect amount of seasoning, not too salty so the flavor of the fish comes through, perfectly cooked. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Prime Oceansag1Dined on 9/30/2014I'm suggesting they change the name, as the prime steaks here are stellar and outshine the seafood. They are also better priced than many of the other steakhouses close by. If the restaurant is full, the clubby booths in the bar are a nice option! Note, the crab cakes and calamari are really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasion!NewfoodieDined on 9/26/2014We went for my 29th birthday! We we made reservations but got sat 15 min earlier! Service was very print! We has Chilean Seabass and another type of fish! Excellent! The blueberries and bubbles cocktail was fun and yummy! The chocolate peanutbutter pie was amazing! Def a little more pricey that what we usually do but glad to say I have experienced it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Dining SpotFoodDivaDined on 9/23/2014Fun, classy, atmosphere, with excellent service and delicious food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousfoodfunDined on 9/20/2014Exceeded all expectations. Everything was great! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SUPERB SERVICEJHAL1Dined on 9/19/2014Food is fantastic and the ambiance and feel of the restaurant is great. What really set this apart from any other night out was the service. From the valet to the hostess everyone was wonderful. Our waiter was simply the best I have ever had. Friendly, outgoing and knowledgeable. I felt like we had know him for years. The flow of the evening was perfect . In a word......OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Nice resto, good overallLouiseabroadDined on 9/17/2014Great salad, excellent red fish, risotto was way too salty. Menu was interesting and service was excellent. Nice surroundings.Special Features:
- OK when the food finally arrivesGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 9/16/2014Ocean Prime is a neighborhood fall back when we don't feel like cooking and are not up for anything more adventuresome. Service is normally fine, the food predictable, and the drinks well poured. But even predictable can have a bad day..... We'll probably go back again, ask for "any server except Stephen", a table that's not hidden and forgotten, and the chance to order entrees before waiting a hour sipping warm drinks and nursing an appetizer. The saddest thing was that all of the tables around us were having similar issues. The manager was roving but seemed unaware or unconcerned.
- TootieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Really good food & wine....service was fine but I had noted it was my friend's bday & not much was mentioned about that : (Special Features:
- Kids Loved ItHappyMomDined on 9/15/2014Ocean Prime is not the first place you think of as "kid-friendly," but they have an amazing kids menu (think mini filet mignon , awesome homemade fries and fresh lemonade). We were there for my husband's birthday celebration with the kids, and they were treated with the utmost respect by the staff. We went early so as not to bother the late night customers, but it was a wonderful experience and definitely would return with the kiddos.Special Features:
- Business MeetingWrghtbrntDined on 9/10/2014This was my first visit with business clients and will definitely be added to my rotation of restaurants to go back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lollyDined on 9/7/2014First, I was impressed that they had a Gluten Free Menu but also were willing to alter other entrees to meet my needs. I chose the pork chop from the gluten free menu and it was excellent - spices and seasonings interesting. Most of the time gluten free means boring. We were there on a Sunday night rather early and the restaurant was not crowded so hard to make comment on noise. We were in a corner and were able to talk and hear. That is the reason we were eating out. Service was excellent, but, once again, very few diners. All in all a good experience that I intend to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with out-of-twon friendsBill75034Dined on 9/6/2014Food was very good, but a little pricey. House salad is a gem. My veal chop was cooked perfectly, but the chop was very fatty. Do not recommend the vinagered peppers as part of the veal chop recipe. They were an odd distraction to an otherwise nice preparation. Service was outstanding... attentive, prompt, our server made some great recommendations. Wine list was extensive, but also pricey. Easy to find the same bottle at other high-end Dallas restaurants for tens of dollars less.Special Features:
- great pre-concert dinner.DallasdudeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a group going to a concert at the Winspear. Half the group wanted fish, half wanted steak. Everyone left happy. And the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our FavoritesGuido1947Dined on 9/6/2014Impeccable service and food. The Calamari appetizer is excellent and the fish entrees are prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally perfectDallasGuy88Dined on 9/5/2014The food was incredible and our waiter was a very charismatic, interesting gentleman who took great care of us. Totally perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th Anniversary DinnerDawgfanDined on 9/5/2014Chose Ocean Prime for something new for our 5th Wedding Annivesary. Did not tell the wife where we were going and she was very pleased with my choice. Great place for a special occasion. The service was great and everyone that came by the table told us Happy Anniversary. Definetly a repeater for a great night out with the wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!DiningExpert1Dined on 9/4/2014The Chilean Sea Bass is incredible! The restaurant is beautiful and service was awesome! We came hereti celebrate my mom"a birthday. She will always find something wrong with a place. She could not say anything wrong at Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGoodfuud4meDined on 9/4/2014Food was amazing! My new favorite place!!! Scallop dish was excellent, drinks were good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!ShariCDined on 9/3/2014Ocean Prime is reliably delicious with great service. Highly recommended for all occasions!Special Features:
- ExcellentLive2EatDined on 9/3/2014We are foodies with a picky pallet. OP is outstanding! From the mouthwatering prime New York strip to the unbelievable salmon, this place was outstanding at every turn. We were seated early, the wait staff was perfectly timed, the menu selections covered a wide spectrum from beef to seafood. We've dined in high end restaraunts from coast to coast and this place can take a seat at the front of the line. Spoil yourself with a night out at Ocean Prime, it will live up to your every expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If You Love SeabasscookieDined on 8/31/2014Ocean Prime has delicious food, especially the Seabass. It quite enough for good conversation and ther is a great wine list. I would recommend a date night!Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Waitress needs work, but the manager noticed the situation and stepped up. Very good food and wine. Great atmosphere. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTheHydesDined on 8/30/2014They wait staff really cater to thier guest. The ambiance is very romantic. The food is very appealing, especially the beautiful desserts. The portions are small for a entree, so don't expect a to go box. The tables are a bit crowded in the dining room, so a booth would be a better option. However, a nice place to check off your bucket list if you are in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steaks anywhereHowardCessVIPDined on 8/30/2014The best rib eye, the best filet mignon, the best new York! And the best corn side to go with those amazing steaks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was just ok. I expected it to be top notch! Yet is was lacking in flavor and taste. The fish was rubbery and the "prime" steak chewy! Yuck! The desert was the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- East Texas DinerDFWDinerDined on 8/29/2014Our second visit and it was just as wonderful as the first. The sommelier helped us pair a great bottle of wine for our price range and she was right on, it was wonderful. The dinner was delicious and the service is always first rate, not too much. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentjslawDined on 8/26/2014The sea bass was one of the best I've ever had! Their peanut butter chocolate dessert was devine! Excellent service! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DowntonLuncherDined on 8/26/2014Recently scheduled a business lunch meeting for three. We all ordered the blackened redfish which was delicious. Portion size was perfect (not too large or small). Service was excellent. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation with the intention of attending the restaurant week event. I got to the restaurant to find that the menu was no longer available - disappointing. I ended up getting a glass of wine, salad, and surf n' turf appetizer, plenty! I also shared the carrot cake dessert with my group. I would return for a special occasion, however I was disappointed by the waitress, she was particularly unfriendly.Special Features:
- HeavenfoodievirgoDined on 8/19/2014Is this what heaven is like. I'm sold. A marvelous place that doesn't take itself too serious. Perfect!Special Features: