Ocean Prime - Dallas
2101 Cedar Springs Drive
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimedallas.com/
- Phone: 2149650440x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eugenio Reyes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano music in our piano bar! The music begins at 7:00pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers!
A word from Ocean Prime - Dallas
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ocean Prime - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Ocean Prime - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (184)romantic (133)fit for foodies (92)good for groups (78)notable wine list (64)hot spot (60)vibrant bar scene (50)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (31)scenic view (31)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (18)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- SUPERB SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Food is fantastic and the ambiance and feel of the restaurant is great. What really set this apart from any other night out was the service. From the valet to the hostess everyone was wonderful. Our waiter was simply the best I have ever had. Friendly, outgoing and knowledgeable. I felt like we had know him for years. The flow of the evening was perfect . In a word......OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- Nice resto, good overallLouiseabroadDined on 9/17/2014Great salad, excellent red fish, risotto was way too salty. Menu was interesting and service was excellent. Nice surroundings.Special Features:
- OK when the food finally arrivesGourmetGourmandVIPDined on 9/16/2014Ocean Prime is a neighborhood fall back when we don't feel like cooking and are not up for anything more adventuresome. Service is normally fine, the food predictable, and the drinks well poured. But even predictable can have a bad day..... We'll probably go back again, ask for "any server except Stephen", a table that's not hidden and forgotten, and the chance to order entrees before waiting a hour sipping warm drinks and nursing an appetizer. The saddest thing was that all of the tables around us were having similar issues. The manager was roving but seemed unaware or unconcerned.
- TootieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Really good food & wine....service was fine but I had noted it was my friend's bday & not much was mentioned about that : (Special Features:
- Kids Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/15/2014Ocean Prime is not the first place you think of as "kid-friendly," but they have an amazing kids menu (think mini filet mignon , awesome homemade fries and fresh lemonade). We were there for my husband's birthday celebration with the kids, and they were treated with the utmost respect by the staff. We went early so as not to bother the late night customers, but it was a wonderful experience and definitely would return with the kiddos.Special Features:
- Business MeetingWrghtbrntDined on 9/10/2014This was my first visit with business clients and will definitely be added to my rotation of restaurants to go back too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lollyDined on 9/7/2014First, I was impressed that they had a Gluten Free Menu but also were willing to alter other entrees to meet my needs. I chose the pork chop from the gluten free menu and it was excellent - spices and seasonings interesting. Most of the time gluten free means boring. We were there on a Sunday night rather early and the restaurant was not crowded so hard to make comment on noise. We were in a corner and were able to talk and hear. That is the reason we were eating out. Service was excellent, but, once again, very few diners. All in all a good experience that I intend to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with out-of-twon friendsBill75034Dined on 9/6/2014Food was very good, but a little pricey. House salad is a gem. My veal chop was cooked perfectly, but the chop was very fatty. Do not recommend the vinagered peppers as part of the veal chop recipe. They were an odd distraction to an otherwise nice preparation. Service was outstanding... attentive, prompt, our server made some great recommendations. Wine list was extensive, but also pricey. Easy to find the same bottle at other high-end Dallas restaurants for tens of dollars less.Special Features:
- great pre-concert dinner.DallasdudeVIPDined on 9/6/2014Had a group going to a concert at the Winspear. Half the group wanted fish, half wanted steak. Everyone left happy. And the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our FavoritesGuido1947Dined on 9/6/2014Impeccable service and food. The Calamari appetizer is excellent and the fish entrees are prepared to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally perfectDallasGuy88Dined on 9/5/2014The food was incredible and our waiter was a very charismatic, interesting gentleman who took great care of us. Totally perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5th Anniversary DinnerDawgfanDined on 9/5/2014Chose Ocean Prime for something new for our 5th Wedding Annivesary. Did not tell the wife where we were going and she was very pleased with my choice. Great place for a special occasion. The service was great and everyone that came by the table told us Happy Anniversary. Definetly a repeater for a great night out with the wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner!DiningExpert1Dined on 9/4/2014The Chilean Sea Bass is incredible! The restaurant is beautiful and service was awesome! We came hereti celebrate my mom"a birthday. She will always find something wrong with a place. She could not say anything wrong at Ocean Prime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeGoodfuud4meDined on 9/4/2014Food was amazing! My new favorite place!!! Scallop dish was excellent, drinks were good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always perfect!ShariCDined on 9/3/2014Ocean Prime is reliably delicious with great service. Highly recommended for all occasions!Special Features:
- ExcellentLive2EatDined on 9/3/2014We are foodies with a picky pallet. OP is outstanding! From the mouthwatering prime New York strip to the unbelievable salmon, this place was outstanding at every turn. We were seated early, the wait staff was perfectly timed, the menu selections covered a wide spectrum from beef to seafood. We've dined in high end restaraunts from coast to coast and this place can take a seat at the front of the line. Spoil yourself with a night out at Ocean Prime, it will live up to your every expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If You Love SeabasscookieDined on 8/31/2014Ocean Prime has delicious food, especially the Seabass. It quite enough for good conversation and ther is a great wine list. I would recommend a date night!Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Waitress needs work, but the manager noticed the situation and stepped up. Very good food and wine. Great atmosphere. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceTheHydesDined on 8/30/2014They wait staff really cater to thier guest. The ambiance is very romantic. The food is very appealing, especially the beautiful desserts. The portions are small for a entree, so don't expect a to go box. The tables are a bit crowded in the dining room, so a booth would be a better option. However, a nice place to check off your bucket list if you are in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best steaks anywhereHowardCessVIPDined on 8/30/2014The best rib eye, the best filet mignon, the best new York! And the best corn side to go with those amazing steaks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was just ok. I expected it to be top notch! Yet is was lacking in flavor and taste. The fish was rubbery and the "prime" steak chewy! Yuck! The desert was the best part of the meal.Special Features:
- East Texas DinerDFWDinerDined on 8/29/2014Our second visit and it was just as wonderful as the first. The sommelier helped us pair a great bottle of wine for our price range and she was right on, it was wonderful. The dinner was delicious and the service is always first rate, not too much. Overall great experience.Special Features:
- ExcellentjslawDined on 8/26/2014The sea bass was one of the best I've ever had! Their peanut butter chocolate dessert was devine! Excellent service! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DowntonLuncherDined on 8/26/2014Recently scheduled a business lunch meeting for three. We all ordered the blackened redfish which was delicious. Portion size was perfect (not too large or small). Service was excellent. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation with the intention of attending the restaurant week event. I got to the restaurant to find that the menu was no longer available - disappointing. I ended up getting a glass of wine, salad, and surf n' turf appetizer, plenty! I also shared the carrot cake dessert with my group. I would return for a special occasion, however I was disappointed by the waitress, she was particularly unfriendly.Special Features:
- HeavenfoodievirgoDined on 8/19/2014Is this what heaven is like. I'm sold. A marvelous place that doesn't take itself too serious. Perfect!Special Features:
- superwillie1Dined on 8/19/2014Food was spectacular....."12 stars". Their "thank you" call for dining with them that we received the next day was a first in our years of dining out. Wait staff: polished in their manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodps7576Dined on 8/19/2014Was here with my section of the firm. The food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an excellent experience.TheTruthDinerDined on 8/18/2014I was absolutely astonished by the level of excellence. I chose this place for dinner and to propose to my girlfriend and I could not have picked a better one. The staff assisted me with organizing a plan, the offered champaign on the house and I recieved a follow-up the next day congratulating us on our engagement. That's what I call amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Sea BassPanameraDined on 8/17/2014The food is always delish!!! I love the Sea Bass it is the best I've tasted. The service is great and I love the Orchid drink. The only thing I would change is the ugly old looking flower arrangements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time!melandersonDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time dining at Ocean Prime. I went with a girl friend for restaurant week. I was so impressed by our waiter Gadi. He was so wonderful and helpful!!! The food and wine was so amazing. I will be going back soon. Thank you!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!RlpplanotxDined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week and will definitely be back! We loved the way the restaurant is divided up in sections so it isn't too noisy. Food and service were fabulous! I had the sea bass and my husband had the filet, both were cooked perfectly and delicious! They have a large bar area so will try happy hour there soon too!Special Features:
- Food & Service Were GreatMamaLLDined on 8/17/2014Had dinner with my husband here and we had a great experience. The filet mignon, chilean sea bass, lobster bisque, chocolate peanut butter pie and carrot cake were delicious! Although, we preferred the carrot cake without the pineapple syrup. Sometimes the classics are perfect the way they were intended to be. Our waiter was very friendly and accessible. We had a great date night for the first time since having our baby!Special Features:
- Great placeglaubDined on 8/17/2014The food and service were exceptional. I will recommend Ocean Prime Restaurant to my friends as well as my customers who ask my opinion for a place to eat.Special Features:
- Overall Good Dining ExperienceKevin57Dined on 8/17/2014Parking lot to table and back very good, nicely paced service. Waiter did a nice job pairing wine for my filet and my wife's Sea Bass. Both were prepared to perfection. All in a setting that is very nicely appointed, yet quite comfortable. We truly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy upscale joint uptownfoodnutDined on 8/17/2014Quite simply, the best filet I have ever eaten. Anywhere. The chocolate peanut butter dessert was outstanding and even though I was full beyond belief, I forced myself to finish it, it was that good. The truffle oil deviled eggs were simply delicious and I don't like deviled eggs. Service was impeccable and the decor was classy and fit the overall vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014it was 4 of us in our table, we were very please with the service, the waiter was very attentive and informative and the food was fantastic - we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsobergEWDined on 8/16/2014Visited for restaurant week. The chilean sea bass was excellent. The salmon was very good as well, but was on the sweet side. The chocolate peanut butter pie was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKCsupperclubDined on 8/16/2014Our supper club chose this restaurant for our DFW Restaurant Week experience . We always ask for a round table and a great waiter. We were not disappointed. Kudos kudos. The food was excellent from the cocktails to the fabulous dessert . The wait staff was helpful and attentive. This is a hidden gem you must try especially if you are a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbiesFoodiesDined on 8/16/2014This is my first year participating in restaurant week. I chose this restaurant based on reviews and photos from Yelp. Overall, our experience was good and the food was good. We had reservations at 5:45 and were seated quickly but they sat us right by the kitchen door-where I had asked NOT to be seated. The noise level was awful. It was very busy and loud. For food, I had the sea bass and it was magnificent. My date had the the filet mingnon. He said it was ok and had better elsewhere-which I expected from the reviews. We both got the carrot cake, which was okay. I'd recommend this place for a special occassion, not a 1st date. For first timers of restaurant week, it wasn't a bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.