Ocean Prime - Dallas
2101 Cedar Springs Drive
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceanprimedallas.com/
- Phone: 2149650440x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eugenio Reyes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live piano music in our piano bar! The music begins at 7:00pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Special Events: Join us in our Blu Lounge for Prime Hour, Monday - Friday, from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Enjoy selected specially priced appetizers, handcrafted cocktails and world class wines.
On Sunday evening, enjoy half-priced bottles of wine in our dining room as we offer over 200 selected* bottles from our collection. Cheers!
A word from Ocean Prime - Dallas
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Ocean Prime - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
241 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)romantic (119)fit for foodies (81)good for groups (70)notable wine list (62)hot spot (52)vibrant bar scene (51)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (34)scenic view (33)neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (23)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014I made a reservation with the intention of attending the restaurant week event. I got to the restaurant to find that the menu was no longer available - disappointing. I ended up getting a glass of wine, salad, and surf n' turf appetizer, plenty! I also shared the carrot cake dessert with my group. I would return for a special occasion, however I was disappointed by the waitress, she was particularly unfriendly.Special Features:
- superwillie1Dined on 8/19/2014Food was spectacular....."12 stars". Their "thank you" call for dining with them that we received the next day was a first in our years of dining out. Wait staff: polished in their manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodps7576Dined on 8/19/2014Was here with my section of the firm. The food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was an excellent experience.TheTruthDinerDined on 8/18/2014I was absolutely astonished by the level of excellence. I chose this place for dinner and to propose to my girlfriend and I could not have picked a better one. The staff assisted me with organizing a plan, the offered champaign on the house and I recieved a follow-up the next day congratulating us on our engagement. That's what I call amazing service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Sea BassPanameraDined on 8/17/2014The food is always delish!!! I love the Sea Bass it is the best I've tasted. The service is great and I love the Orchid drink. The only thing I would change is the ugly old looking flower arrangements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time!melandersonDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time dining at Ocean Prime. I went with a girl friend for restaurant week. I was so impressed by our waiter Gadi. He was so wonderful and helpful!!! The food and wine was so amazing. I will be going back soon. Thank you!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience!RlpplanotxDined on 8/17/2014We went for restaurant week and will definitely be back! We loved the way the restaurant is divided up in sections so it isn't too noisy. Food and service were fabulous! I had the sea bass and my husband had the filet, both were cooked perfectly and delicious! They have a large bar area so will try happy hour there soon too!Special Features:
- Food & Service Were GreatMamaLLDined on 8/17/2014Had dinner with my husband here and we had a great experience. The filet mignon, chilean sea bass, lobster bisque, chocolate peanut butter pie and carrot cake were delicious! Although, we preferred the carrot cake without the pineapple syrup. Sometimes the classics are perfect the way they were intended to be. Our waiter was very friendly and accessible. We had a great date night for the first time since having our baby!Special Features:
- Great placeglaubDined on 8/17/2014The food and service were exceptional. I will recommend Ocean Prime Restaurant to my friends as well as my customers who ask my opinion for a place to eat.Special Features:
- Overall Good Dining ExperienceKevin57Dined on 8/17/2014Parking lot to table and back very good, nicely paced service. Waiter did a nice job pairing wine for my filet and my wife's Sea Bass. Both were prepared to perfection. All in a setting that is very nicely appointed, yet quite comfortable. We truly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy upscale joint uptownfoodnutDined on 8/17/2014Quite simply, the best filet I have ever eaten. Anywhere. The chocolate peanut butter dessert was outstanding and even though I was full beyond belief, I forced myself to finish it, it was that good. The truffle oil deviled eggs were simply delicious and I don't like deviled eggs. Service was impeccable and the decor was classy and fit the overall vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014it was 4 of us in our table, we were very please with the service, the waiter was very attentive and informative and the food was fantastic - we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five starsobergEWDined on 8/16/2014Visited for restaurant week. The chilean sea bass was excellent. The salmon was very good as well, but was on the sweet side. The chocolate peanut butter pie was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKCsupperclubDined on 8/16/2014Our supper club chose this restaurant for our DFW Restaurant Week experience . We always ask for a round table and a great waiter. We were not disappointed. Kudos kudos. The food was excellent from the cocktails to the fabulous dessert . The wait staff was helpful and attentive. This is a hidden gem you must try especially if you are a foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NewbiesFoodiesDined on 8/16/2014This is my first year participating in restaurant week. I chose this restaurant based on reviews and photos from Yelp. Overall, our experience was good and the food was good. We had reservations at 5:45 and were seated quickly but they sat us right by the kitchen door-where I had asked NOT to be seated. The noise level was awful. It was very busy and loud. For food, I had the sea bass and it was magnificent. My date had the the filet mingnon. He said it was ok and had better elsewhere-which I expected from the reviews. We both got the carrot cake, which was okay. I'd recommend this place for a special occassion, not a 1st date. For first timers of restaurant week, it wasn't a bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StephDined on 8/16/2014The food was absolutely excellent. This is a great spot for all of those special times (anniversary, engagements, etc.)Special Features:
- DisappointedAntonEgoDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went for restaurant week. The atmosphere was nice. The service was good. The bread was excellent. My wife and I had the lobster bisque which we both liked. Then came our main course and I must say I was disappointed. I had the filet mignon which was cooked pefectly but that's all I can say about the dish that was good. The 10 dollar sauce that I added was not worth it. The mashed potatoes tasted like instant and the vegetables were mundane. My wife had the salmon which was very but the rice it came with was over cooked and the sauce was so rich you felt like that is what got you full. Both of our desserts were not that great. We both finished about half and left. Try oceanairSpecial Features:
- DeliciousDined on 8/15/2014Amazing food!!!! Couldn't ask for a better piece of fish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time ExcellentGlobalDinerDentonDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time at Ocean Prime Dallas. Service by Taylor was tops, profession and on the mark. One of the best dinners I have had in a couple of years (Sea Bass Oscar style). Deserts were a creation. Well done guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale experiencebeforditeDined on 8/15/2014Food was supurb, Ala cart menu. Best to go on someone else's tab. Great ambiance and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High standards across the boardOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014From arrival to departure, the focus here is on guest service and a high quality dining experience. We went during restaurant week and the restaurant week menu reflected a level of quality, preparation and presentation commensurate with their daily menu offerings. Service was attentive and timely. Management was present and visible; available to address any questions and to ensure smooth FOH operations on a busy evening. If you like to order bottled wine under $50/bottle, the choices are somewhat limited. If you like much higher end wine, there are plenty available from $60 - $100 and up. Enjoyed the atmosphere. Not too loud, even with a full house. I rated 4 overall since OP, by rating standards, is not a 5-diamond establishment.Special Features:
- Didn't meet our expectationslgrohDined on 8/15/2014We went for restaurant week and were really excited to check this place out. At high end restaurants like this one, the service should be impeccable, however, it was horrible. We had to ask for drinks two or three times, EVERY TIME. Then, for every meal, someone didn't get served. We had to ask all 3 courses where the 6th person in our party's meal was. That is just so unacceptable to me. We spoke to the manager about our experience when he came to our table and all he said was that he had to talk to the chef about that. He never returned to our able to apologize or try to make it right. This was our first and last time we will eat at ocean prime.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningEditDined on 8/15/2014Our experience at Ocean Prime was delightful. We did order from the Restaurant Week menu and everything we had was very good and beautifully srve. Our waiter was attentive and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experiencelrodgDined on 8/15/2014This was the first time we had dined at Ocean Prime and it won't be the last. The food was wonderful, presentation was delightful, and I can't say enough about the carrot cake. YUM YUM. The service was the best I have ever experienced.Special Features:
- Great ServiceTroyDined on 8/14/2014Our waitress Shelby took great care of us. She was very knowledgable about wine pairings with our entrees. Great service overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationBigDadySWBDined on 8/14/2014It was my Wife's 51st Birthday and the restaurant and staff made this a fantastic evening for my Wife and I....Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for restaurant weektrilifeDined on 8/13/2014I like that they seated us even though we were waiting for one person. Staff was really nice. Pretty place and nice crowd. We all enjoyed our meals and sampled each other's food. Sea bass, lobster bisque, salmon and filet were all top notch. carrot cake and chocolate peanut butter cakes were yummy and good size. we all had leftovers. Half price wine was a nice bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodcallieDined on 8/13/2014Limited menu and busy because of restaurant week, but excellent food - filet, lobster bisque, desserts. The salad was a tad wimpy, but who goes out for a wedge? The extra "Blue Cheese Crust" was a little too much flavor for the meat and very salty. The filet stood on its own - it was the star, so the green beans and potatoes which accompanied it were not impressive. Our primary server was just excellent and other wait staff also did well. But there were too many of them, maybe because of how busy they were. Managers inquired too times - not overwhelming, be we didn't need all that attention. Luckily, that doesn't distract from the quality of the food. I will go back for the sea bass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Prime Restaurant Week 2014ReavitupDined on 8/13/2014Their Restaurant week menu had great choices to choose from. We were interested in all three entrees so they let us order all three for a nominal amount. I loved the presentation of martinis, shaken at the table. Apps, entree, dessert, were all very notable. Well done Ocean PrimeSpecial Features:
- Another Great Experience!MortgagemasterVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was our second visit to Ocean Prime and it was as memorable as the first. We introduced another set of friends to the restaurant. We started in the bar and enjoyed cocktails with some truffled popcorn. We were seated promptly in a fabulous booth and were privileged to have Scarlett again as our Server. The Restaurant Week menu was wonderful. Scarlett anticipated the changes needed to the first and main courses to make them safe but still delicious for my wife. This is by far our favorite restaurant in Dallas for the food, decor, service and overall experience.Special Features:
- Great food, service not to parSidecarDined on 8/12/2014It was restaruant week so it was busy for a Tuesday. For food, we ordered calamari, wedge salad, 2 filets (ordered medium rare plus, came out medium well), lobster tail, mashed potatoes, Mac and cheese, and carrot cake. A lot for 2 people but I like to try a lot. The food was great, slightly unique (in particular the calamari), and cooked properly beside the steaks. Service lacked in the following: I ordered a bottle of Krug so I was expecting service that would normally be attributed to a nice champagne but my glass was empty more than it was full which wouldn't be a problem if they had set the bucket on the table so I could pour, no steak knives w/ mains, and the server didn't check on us as much as I would have preferred. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Our first visit to Ocean Prime greatly exceeded our expect expectations! The venue was first class and lovely. The service was impeccable and the meal was amazing. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chicchic5VIPDined on 8/12/2014I had the sea bass and it was the best I have ever had. For desert I had the carrot cake which had a lot of thin layers that made it rather dry and very sweet, I would not get it again. My spouse had the Chocolate peanut butter pie and it was delicious. We will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but a few misstepsRedeemedWretchDined on 8/12/2014It's always easier to point out flaws rather than praise the positive. And, the positives do far outweigh the negatives at Ocean Prime. The good? The atmosphere and decor are pleasing, and the service was outstanding. We were celebrating an anniversary, and the staff made the experience memorable including rose petals and a specially signed desert. The food overall was great. My lobster bisque with a corn fritter was outstanding, and the chocolate peanut butter pie was the best desert I have ever experienced. My steak was cooked perfectly. The flaw? the two vegetables with my entree' were very sub-par for an upscale dinning experience. Haricot Verts were slightly under cooked and bland. The potatoes were thin, tasked like instant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaudeDined on 8/12/2014We went because of Restaurant Week but will deffinantly go back. Really good food and great service from all involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean Prime is good for Prime TimeAlbertj30Dined on 8/11/2014We were a party of four doing Restaurant Week dinner on Monday night! Two of us did the Restaurant Week menu for Lobster bisque, Chilean Sea bass, and Carrot cake. Excellent value and high quality offering! We also ordered many appetizers and we loved them all! Ocean Prime has many Excellent appetizer dishes, all are excellent! The service was outstanding, worthy to be a 5-star restaurant! Ocean Prime reminds me of Eddie V, except it's a bit better! The restaurant had great ambience and gave you a great feeling! The only flaw I could think of is that the tables may be cramped a bit too close! I definitely consider Ocean Prime a good find and will certainly be back again for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous RestaurantMizmekaDined on 8/11/2014This was my first visit. We went for Restaurant Week. It is beautiful from the moment you walk in until you sit down. The servers were top notch and very friendly. Made great recommendations. Would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findBeardianneDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed every minute of our restaurant week dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceskinnyfoodieDined on 8/9/2014We had a table of five and found the dining room to be very busy but not loud or disruptive to conversation. The black sea bass was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The lobster bisque was very tasty as well as their signature desserts. It's rare to have a perfect dining experience but Ocean Prime exceeded our expectations. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Restaurant was good not great. Good feel and decor, very good service. Waiter forgot an appetizer or I would give service 5 stars. Halibut was salty but flavorful. Sea bass was good but not extremely flavorful. Deviled eggs were bland. Wedge salad was great. Overall, for the same price I would Choose capital grille or Bobs.Special Features: