Ocean Prime - Atlanta
3102 Piedmont Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeatlanta.com/
- Phone: (404) 846-0505
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: 5:00 PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Brummells
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Ocean Prime - Atlanta
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ocean Prime - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Ocean Prime - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (107)romantic (96)fit for foodies (59)notable wine list (53)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (33)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (32)great for outdoor dining (24)late-night find (17)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (6)scenic view (6)Show More
- Excellent Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014This was our first visit to Ocean Prime - Atlanta and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant. Our server was Courtney and she was fantastic. She provided excellent service and was very friendly. Also, we talked to the General Manager who was very nice. We are definitely coming back in the future and we will be requesting Courtney again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014I can't think of my server name but he was the best ever our first time their and he took the time to explain everything to us and always had a smile on his face and I loved that I will see you all soon bringing my son their next month for his 30th Birthday👍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-salted and over-prioedPatrickDined on 11/19/2014First time at restaurant this week. Met a colleague for dinner. The "Surf and Turf" appetizer was well cooked and over-salted, but not so much as to ruin the dish. I had the Sea Bass, and was very disappointed at the very small portion size for the not-insignificant price. This dish was also over-salted to the point that it compromised my enjoyment of the food. My colleague had the blackened redfish and his dish was also over-salted and somewhat disappointing in size. Our waiter had a bad habit of interrupting our conversation (as do so many servers nowadays), despite the fact that the restaurant was almost empty. The hostesses and valets were friendly, so not a total loss. Will not return.
- tuna appetizer is excellentGreentailcatDined on 11/15/2014Excellent service by Hannah and Michaell. Fresh Tuna appetizer was the bestbive had in years. Seafood was excellent; however, ages steaks are worth the moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BubblyLuv2dineDined on 11/15/2014Easy to find the location. Valet was on point. Prompt to be seated. Sever Terry was very attentive. Loved his drink recommendation. Drink was made with dry ice. Beautiful multi cultural staff members loved the dress code.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!FoodLoverVIPDined on 11/13/2014I've been here several times and it's always great food and service.If you haven't been you should DEFINTELY check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceYumiDined on 11/13/2014Went in expecting amazing food for the price but I say it was fair. I wanted to take my husband somewhere nice for his birthday but was let down with the taste of the food. I got the sea bass and he got new york strip and we won't go back there to eat.
- The best in town!ChrisVIPDined on 11/12/2014This place is fantastic! Simply the best environment and food in town, especially the seafood. Everything is fresh daily and it simply cannot be beat. The service is excellent and it is a very romantic location. Large rooms for business or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!!!!!BriiDined on 11/11/2014I had an wonderful time here. I loved everything about it from the moment I walked in. The food and service was great. I will be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like to ENJOY very good food, but wasn't thereDiscouragedVIPDined on 11/8/20142nd time I have been here. Would I go back.....No. Service wasn't up to par, similar to the first time. Food was a lot to be desired. Steak had to be sent back. Butter and water had to be asked for. Cocktails took 20 minutes to get. A lot to be desired at this establishment. Very high priced for what is received. Better quality, prices, and service elsewhere.
- 2muchGoodDined on 11/7/2014Server was very attentive. Food was great. The atmospere was great with live music.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014Too expensive for the overall experience. Not worth it!
- tldebDined on 11/4/2014My new best restaurant,outstanding dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service, welcomingRobtdoDined on 11/3/2014Welcoming from the start, with a casual, upscale bar. The food selection and quality were excellent. Service was personal and attentive. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodDatuDined on 11/1/2014The service was engaging! Christina was very helpful and a pleasure. The food was delicious. Steak was perfect inside with the outside crisp! The crab cakes were succulent and fresh. Try the berries and bubble martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best seafood in Atlantaatlantabest100VIPDined on 11/1/2014This is our favorite seafood or steak place in Atlanta. The Food is great, the service is wonderful. Go and try them out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner outTeamATLDined on 11/1/2014This was the first time that we visited Ocean Prime in Atlanta and it was outstanding. I had taking clients to the location in Tampa and recommended it to my significant other for a romantic dinner along with a show at the Fox Theater.He hadn't been to Ocean Prime before and he absolutely loved it. He had the salmon and I had the scallops. We also had a great bottle of wine that was recommended by our server.We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatButterflyFoodieDined on 10/30/2014Overall, service was the best!!! The food was good but not for $$$. My sea bass was a tad bit overcooked with too much butter. Creamed spinach wad more cream than spinach. The appetizers were better...crab cake and lobster bisque. Not a wide wine selection by the glass.....more so limited to domestic. Will prob go back for happy hour though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014This was my first time eating here and the food and service was all top of the line great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best timeJDC07Dined on 10/26/2014Love it ... From the moment we walked in we felt part of their family. Food was great, service was excellent. We really had an awesome timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was best everCornbreadDined on 10/26/2014you need to give our waitress Christine a raise she was so excellent with us!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the sea bass! Great sides!!CarotoppVIPDined on 10/25/2014I had a fabulous martini with stuffed olives! Loved this place right off the bat.it was my fourth visit. Stuck on the sea bass. Truffles Mac & cheese is superb. Creamed spinach was a bit salty but I loved it. Too full for dessert but I love my cappuccino...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014A simply gorgeous restaurant with a lively lounge & impeccable service. The hospitality is second to none and everyone you encounter has a smile on their face.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014The services was great. It was for a birthday dinner and it was our first time there. The food, drinks, and dessert were all great. Courtney was the server and she was great. I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hyrdznsHyrdznsDined on 10/23/2014Great restaurant, always treated special and service is top notch.Special Features:
- WOW!MikeRDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Ocean Prime. We were greeted warmly and were sat immediately with our reservation. They welcomed us to the table with a Champagne toast! Dinner and Service was amazing, everything was perfect! (Don't pass up on the Seabass) We were stuffed and were not planning on doing dessert, but they insisted. Dessert came out with "Happy Anniversary" on the plate, which definitely was nice touch. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - 5 Stars across the board!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love It!!!LuvnLifeDined on 10/18/2014I absolutely love this restaurant! Steaks are great. Service is wonderful....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonesyDined on 10/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. Teriyaki salmon was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No strike 3 there out at 2NotakeoutDined on 10/11/2014Our second time at OP and our last - we came back with a gift card (gave to us buy management) because our first experience was not a good one The ambiance is good the waiter great but food not so much - drinks good,starters ok , main course no taste and tuff ( actually were told after that the steak was actually what they used for "Dine around Atlanta" so maybe try another dish ( I guess Dine around gets sub grade cuts ) The manager was very apologetic and tried to make it right. This time same as above (but with fish ) with same outcome , all well until main course it had very strong fish taste and sent back , manager was again apologetic and tried but we were over the night - had a dessert 1 good 1 could have been better - then homeSpecial Features:
- Great new formatRazchrisDined on 10/10/2014Former Sambucca got a great facelift in a restaurant that has a lot of great features for a special occasion night-out. The musician playing the piano, the ambient lighting and quiet atmosphere, combined with good food and reasonable prices makes Ocean Prime a hidden gem which is yet to be discovered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPeteDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant was only 1/2 full, which was surprising. We have visited before only to see 1-2 hour wait if you did not have reservation, no problem on this visit. The service and food were both perfect. After diner went to bar to hear music at piano, very enjoyable experience. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased!!!winedinehappyDined on 10/10/2014It is so satisfying to dine at a new restaurant and leave knowing it has become one of future favorites. The wine, food, live music and ambiance was perfect for me and my out of town guest. What a way to impress as the service was great and each person truly enjoyed their entree selection. Will recommend to others I know that love great dining.Special Features:
- B FooksBSFoodieDined on 10/4/2014What an amazing experience! We have dined here before but, this time more than I expected. Maybe because my husband and I were celebrating my birthday but, wow! Complimentary champagne after we were seated, attentive server. My husband had the twin lobster tails; I enjoyed the sea scallops with Parmesan Risotto. We also had to try the lobster mashed potatoes. Everything was outstanding! The meal was topped off with a "birthday" dessert...White chocolate Key Lime Tart!! We dined on a Saturday night and there was live music. A single piano player that sounded like a full band! He was really enjoyable. So, to sum it all up...I had a wonderful birthday dinner and we will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodiemomVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our first time at Ocean Prime in Atlanta and it did not disappoint. Everyone had steaks and everyone raved about their meal. The location in Phoenix was my favorite but now this one is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersluvniceplacesDined on 9/27/2014My wife and celebrated her birthday her and had a wonderful time dining at Ocean Prime. The ambiance, food and service was great! Only one draw back for me was for the amount of money you spend I expected a little more food! Other than that everything was on point! I would for sure recommend trying them at least once in your life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary / BDay approvedSurpriseDined on 9/26/2014I took my fiancé to Open Prime for a surprise Birthday celebration dinner. Let just say, "Amazing," was the word of the night. The service was top notch, the food was perfectly cooked, the wine was delicious and they even brought out a complimentary birthday cake with a candle for my fiancé! That's what I call 5 star treatment. We felt like VIPs...which we were =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointeddrlouieDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit to OP. We came with great expectations given the reviews and left vowing never to return. Our server brought our appetizers and didn't return for our dinner order. We finally found an assistant to go find her. We ordered the Chilean Sea Bass. It was so tough and hard we had to use a knife to cut it. Server never checked on us to inquire about food. The wine is over priced. There are so many excellent restaurants in this city it would be a hard push to get us back there.
- Awesomermb5602Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best, if not THE best dining experiences both my date and I have ever had, a great birthday dinner for her!!Special Features:
- AwesomeBday2014Dined on 9/20/2014I was totally impressed. From the time my wife and I walked into the door, the experience was incredible. The food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicetommyDined on 9/16/2014The occasion was my wifes birthday and she was more than pleased. We tried to order small portions (they will give you 1/2 a portion, if you ask) but we were still stuffed at the end of the evening. We would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.