Ocean Prime - Atlanta
3102 Piedmont Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048460505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: 5:00 PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Brummells
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Ocean Prime - Atlanta
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ocean Prime - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Ocean Prime - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (96)fit for foodies (60)notable wine list (55)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (30)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (15)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)Show More
- WOW!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Ocean Prime. We were greeted warmly and were sat immediately with our reservation. They welcomed us to the table with a Champagne toast! Dinner and Service was amazing, everything was perfect! (Don't pass up on the Seabass) We were stuffed and were not planning on doing dessert, but they insisted. Dessert came out with "Happy Anniversary" on the plate, which definitely was nice touch. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone - 5 Stars across the board!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonesyDined on 10/16/2014Great food and atmosphere. Teriyaki salmon was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No strike 3 there out at 2NotakeoutDined on 10/11/2014Our second time at OP and our last - we came back with a gift card (gave to us buy management) because our first experience was not a good one The ambiance is good the waiter great but food not so much - drinks good,starters ok , main course no taste and tuff ( actually were told after that the steak was actually what they used for "Dine around Atlanta" so maybe try another dish ( I guess Dine around gets sub grade cuts ) The manager was very apologetic and tried to make it right. This time same as above (but with fish ) with same outcome , all well until main course it had very strong fish taste and sent back , manager was again apologetic and tried but we were over the night - had a dessert 1 good 1 could have been better - then homeSpecial Features:
- Great new formatRazchrisDined on 10/10/2014Former Sambucca got a great facelift in a restaurant that has a lot of great features for a special occasion night-out. The musician playing the piano, the ambient lighting and quiet atmosphere, combined with good food and reasonable prices makes Ocean Prime a hidden gem which is yet to be discovered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPeteDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant was only 1/2 full, which was surprising. We have visited before only to see 1-2 hour wait if you did not have reservation, no problem on this visit. The service and food were both perfect. After diner went to bar to hear music at piano, very enjoyable experience. Would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased!!!winedinehappyDined on 10/10/2014It is so satisfying to dine at a new restaurant and leave knowing it has become one of future favorites. The wine, food, live music and ambiance was perfect for me and my out of town guest. What a way to impress as the service was great and each person truly enjoyed their entree selection. Will recommend to others I know that love great dining.Special Features:
- B FooksBSFoodieDined on 10/4/2014What an amazing experience! We have dined here before but, this time more than I expected. Maybe because my husband and I were celebrating my birthday but, wow! Complimentary champagne after we were seated, attentive server. My husband had the twin lobster tails; I enjoyed the sea scallops with Parmesan Risotto. We also had to try the lobster mashed potatoes. Everything was outstanding! The meal was topped off with a "birthday" dessert...White chocolate Key Lime Tart!! We dined on a Saturday night and there was live music. A single piano player that sounded like a full band! He was really enjoyable. So, to sum it all up...I had a wonderful birthday dinner and we will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodiemomVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our first time at Ocean Prime in Atlanta and it did not disappoint. Everyone had steaks and everyone raved about their meal. The location in Phoenix was my favorite but now this one is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimersluvniceplacesDined on 9/27/2014My wife and celebrated her birthday her and had a wonderful time dining at Ocean Prime. The ambiance, food and service was great! Only one draw back for me was for the amount of money you spend I expected a little more food! Other than that everything was on point! I would for sure recommend trying them at least once in your life!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary / BDay approvedSurpriseDined on 9/26/2014I took my fiancé to Open Prime for a surprise Birthday celebration dinner. Let just say, "Amazing," was the word of the night. The service was top notch, the food was perfectly cooked, the wine was delicious and they even brought out a complimentary birthday cake with a candle for my fiancé! That's what I call 5 star treatment. We felt like VIPs...which we were =)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointeddrlouieDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit to OP. We came with great expectations given the reviews and left vowing never to return. Our server brought our appetizers and didn't return for our dinner order. We finally found an assistant to go find her. We ordered the Chilean Sea Bass. It was so tough and hard we had to use a knife to cut it. Server never checked on us to inquire about food. The wine is over priced. There are so many excellent restaurants in this city it would be a hard push to get us back there.
- Awesomermb5602Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best, if not THE best dining experiences both my date and I have ever had, a great birthday dinner for her!!Special Features:
- AwesomeBday2014Dined on 9/20/2014I was totally impressed. From the time my wife and I walked into the door, the experience was incredible. The food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicetommyDined on 9/16/2014The occasion was my wifes birthday and she was more than pleased. We tried to order small portions (they will give you 1/2 a portion, if you ask) but we were still stuffed at the end of the evening. We would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!tvlkDined on 9/13/2014We had a great experience, the food was fantastic. Very pricey but worth it for a special occasion. Definitely worth trying out, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was a fantastic meal with excellent food and a great modern vibe. The steaks were world class, the truffle Mac n cheese was incredible and the service was sharp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestJL0214Dined on 9/13/2014This was my 4th visit to Ocean Prime and each time it just gets better. The entire staff was exceptional and very accommodating but our server Travis was star of the evening. My guests had a great birthday celebration because of all of you and the live music was just what she wanted to accompany a great meal. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST EAT RESTAURANT!!winendine72Dined on 9/13/2014Ocean Prime offers a prime experience in ambiance, service and exquisite food. You will love the live music and modern and sleek atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic!ChrisVIPDined on 9/10/2014Simply the best seafood in Atlanta. Great steaks as well, but the seafood is fresh and perfectly prepared. Fantastic place with five star service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightDinner42Dined on 9/6/2014Wife and I made reservations on a short notice. We enjoyed the food. The presentation of the main dishes was awesome. The service was great. Some of the side dishes were overpriced.Special Features:
- Great experienceicwalterDined on 9/5/2014The entire experience was great. The sea bass was the best fish I've probably ever had. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!luv4foodDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our third anniversary here. All I can say is thank you for the food, because it was simply divine, but the overall experience was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAshleyDined on 8/31/2014Went here for our one year anniversary- great food, friendly service. As they got busier, service slowed a little, but we had a great time just hanging out and enjoying each others company. Would recommend!Special Features:
- great foodMSdinerDined on 8/30/2014Food was great. Place was pretty dead for a Saturday night. Lots of open tables. The service was a bit slow considering the lack of crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itSuperdadDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time visiting Ocean Prime and I will be returning. The food and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- AmazingSpeakerVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant was nothing less than amazing. The food was so good and fresh. I had the lobster and my husband had the crab cakes. The service was excellent. We will be back.
- Really nice placeNicole3Dined on 8/30/2014The food was good a little pricey for the options though. Overall great experience I enjoyed myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome night!RalaceyDined on 8/30/2014We brought our niece for her 10th birthday. She wanted a "fancy grown-up dinner". The service was outstanding, our server was Jordan, and he went out of his way to make sure Lacey was happy and he treated her like an adult. The manager also came by to wish her a happy birthday. It made her feel so special. My husband and I have been before and the food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye in the CityVtotheMaxDined on 8/28/2014Took clients in for dinner, they absolutely loved it. Must Try: Tuna Tartar, Ravioli, Ribeye, Blackened Snapper, Truffle Mac n Cheese, Au Gratin Potatoes, Choc PB pie. Service: OUTSTANDING Great wine and spirit selection.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatFmrmxerDined on 8/25/2014The food was tasty, the atmosphere is pleasant, ant our waiter did a very good job. There is a positive standout---The crab cocktail appetizer ROCKS!..you have to try it. All-in-all, we had a very nice dinner. However, it was wildly overpriced. In the past month, my date and I have been to four up-scale Atlanta restaurants. In fact, a couple of them are much nicer than Ocean Prime. Yet, our dinner here was MUCH more expensive than any of the others. This is in spite of the fact that alcohol was consumed at each of the other dinners, but not at Ocean Prime. Verdict - its worth a try on a very special occasion, but prepare your wallet for a shock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb serviceKlawDined on 8/24/2014We were very pleased with this restaurant! Our waitress Emily was great and very hospitable. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Fabulous food and service. Highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass, French Onion soup, carrot cake, and butter cake (if it is available). My husband had the bone-in filet and loved it. Our server gave us smaller portions of two desserts when we couldn't decide between the two. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't bad, but wasn't greatBobMDined on 8/23/2014The service was right on target, but unfortunately there were several tables nearby with children that were screaming from time to time, which impacted the overall experience. The Ahi Tuna appetizer was incredible and so were the two entrees (Crab Cake and Chilean Sea Bass) we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TroyDined on 8/23/2014This is a high end place with a very nice bar, an energized crowd and the food was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- beautiful classyLucyDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I love to eat at Ocean Prime its relaxing food great no kids nothing against kids but if yourgoing out for night on town and spending money you dont want crying baby sitting next toyou Love Love Love ths placeSpecial Features:
- Met my expectationsBubblybeautyDined on 8/23/2014The ambience here is PERFECT! It was bustling, but not noisy, the lighting was just right, and all the little details played a BIG role in the overall tone.The service was impeccable! Our server was knowledgable & made great suggestions. He was kind, pleasant & attentive. We really enjoyed him & will request him on our next visit. The food met my expectations, but didn't exceed them. The lobster bisque was my fave. Although we were satisfied with everything, my crab cakes were more of a deviled crab(still yummy) The carrot cake is my only complaint, it totally missed the mark, it wasn't good. The drinks were A1, my fave: Black Orchid, but Berries & Bubbles is a must try! Overall, Ocean Prime is a GREAT restaurant! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodies4everDined on 8/22/2014From pulling in the drive and entering the restaurant, we knew we were going to have an amazing experience. The staff is extremely knowledgable, polite & satisfaction oriented. We began with drinks in the lounge after checking in, we drink very simple cocktails, though the creations across the bar looked very interesting, the truffle oil popcorn was delicious as well. The very accomidating staff made our transfer from lounge to dinner table as well, where we received great attention & knowledge. The food was incredible as well as plated simply and the Lobster Mashed potatoes were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We had a fantastic experience at Ocean Prime for my husband's birthday. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but save your $$Abad08trdDined on 8/16/2014We chose Ocean Prime based on their reviews. The food was good but it AND the wine was grotesquely over priced. There are plenty of other places to get the same quality at nearly half the price.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingRjh4funDined on 8/16/2014I loved the atmospere and ambiance of this place. The lobster tails were divine. Service was well timed and friendly, wine selection is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.