Ocean Prime - Atlanta
3102 Piedmont Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048460505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: 5:00 PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Brummells
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Ocean Prime - Atlanta
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ocean Prime - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Ocean Prime - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (100)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (53)good for groups (46)hot spot (31)vibrant bar scene (27)great for outdoor dining (26)neighborhood gem (26)scenic view (14)late-night find (12)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I was totally impressed. From the time my wife and I walked into the door, the experience was incredible. The food was absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicetommyDined on 9/16/2014The occasion was my wifes birthday and she was more than pleased. We tried to order small portions (they will give you 1/2 a portion, if you ask) but we were still stuffed at the end of the evening. We would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent!tvlkDined on 9/13/2014We had a great experience, the food was fantastic. Very pricey but worth it for a special occasion. Definitely worth trying out, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014This was a fantastic meal with excellent food and a great modern vibe. The steaks were world class, the truffle Mac n cheese was incredible and the service was sharp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the BestJL0214Dined on 9/13/2014This was my 4th visit to Ocean Prime and each time it just gets better. The entire staff was exceptional and very accommodating but our server Travis was star of the evening. My guests had a great birthday celebration because of all of you and the live music was just what she wanted to accompany a great meal. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST EAT RESTAURANT!!winendine72Dined on 9/13/2014Ocean Prime offers a prime experience in ambiance, service and exquisite food. You will love the live music and modern and sleek atmosphere.Special Features:
- Fantastic!ChrisVIPDined on 9/10/2014Simply the best seafood in Atlanta. Great steaks as well, but the seafood is fresh and perfectly prepared. Fantastic place with five star service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightDinner42Dined on 9/6/2014Wife and I made reservations on a short notice. We enjoyed the food. The presentation of the main dishes was awesome. The service was great. Some of the side dishes were overpriced.Special Features:
- Great experienceicwalterDined on 9/5/2014The entire experience was great. The sea bass was the best fish I've probably ever had. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!luv4foodDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I celebrated our third anniversary here. All I can say is thank you for the food, because it was simply divine, but the overall experience was exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAshleyDined on 8/31/2014Went here for our one year anniversary- great food, friendly service. As they got busier, service slowed a little, but we had a great time just hanging out and enjoying each others company. Would recommend!Special Features:
- great foodMSdinerDined on 8/30/2014Food was great. Place was pretty dead for a Saturday night. Lots of open tables. The service was a bit slow considering the lack of crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itSuperdadDined on 8/30/2014This was my first time visiting Ocean Prime and I will be returning. The food and service was exceptional.Special Features:
- AmazingSpeakerVIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant was nothing less than amazing. The food was so good and fresh. I had the lobster and my husband had the crab cakes. The service was excellent. We will be back.
- Really nice placeNicole3Dined on 8/30/2014The food was good a little pricey for the options though. Overall great experience I enjoyed myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome night!RalaceyDined on 8/30/2014We brought our niece for her 10th birthday. She wanted a "fancy grown-up dinner". The service was outstanding, our server was Jordan, and he went out of his way to make sure Lacey was happy and he treated her like an adult. The manager also came by to wish her a happy birthday. It made her feel so special. My husband and I have been before and the food is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ribeye in the CityVtotheMaxDined on 8/28/2014Took clients in for dinner, they absolutely loved it. Must Try: Tuna Tartar, Ravioli, Ribeye, Blackened Snapper, Truffle Mac n Cheese, Au Gratin Potatoes, Choc PB pie. Service: OUTSTANDING Great wine and spirit selection.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatFmrmxerDined on 8/25/2014The food was tasty, the atmosphere is pleasant, ant our waiter did a very good job. There is a positive standout---The crab cocktail appetizer ROCKS!..you have to try it. All-in-all, we had a very nice dinner. However, it was wildly overpriced. In the past month, my date and I have been to four up-scale Atlanta restaurants. In fact, a couple of them are much nicer than Ocean Prime. Yet, our dinner here was MUCH more expensive than any of the others. This is in spite of the fact that alcohol was consumed at each of the other dinners, but not at Ocean Prime. Verdict - its worth a try on a very special occasion, but prepare your wallet for a shock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb serviceKlawDined on 8/24/2014We were very pleased with this restaurant! Our waitress Emily was great and very hospitable. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Fabulous food and service. Highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass, French Onion soup, carrot cake, and butter cake (if it is available). My husband had the bone-in filet and loved it. Our server gave us smaller portions of two desserts when we couldn't decide between the two. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't bad, but wasn't greatBobMDined on 8/23/2014The service was right on target, but unfortunately there were several tables nearby with children that were screaming from time to time, which impacted the overall experience. The Ahi Tuna appetizer was incredible and so were the two entrees (Crab Cake and Chilean Sea Bass) we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TroyDined on 8/23/2014This is a high end place with a very nice bar, an energized crowd and the food was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- beautiful classyLucyDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I love to eat at Ocean Prime its relaxing food great no kids nothing against kids but if yourgoing out for night on town and spending money you dont want crying baby sitting next toyou Love Love Love ths placeSpecial Features:
- Met my expectationsBubblybeautyDined on 8/23/2014The ambience here is PERFECT! It was bustling, but not noisy, the lighting was just right, and all the little details played a BIG role in the overall tone.The service was impeccable! Our server was knowledgable & made great suggestions. He was kind, pleasant & attentive. We really enjoyed him & will request him on our next visit. The food met my expectations, but didn't exceed them. The lobster bisque was my fave. Although we were satisfied with everything, my crab cakes were more of a deviled crab(still yummy) The carrot cake is my only complaint, it totally missed the mark, it wasn't good. The drinks were A1, my fave: Black Orchid, but Berries & Bubbles is a must try! Overall, Ocean Prime is a GREAT restaurant! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodies4everDined on 8/22/2014From pulling in the drive and entering the restaurant, we knew we were going to have an amazing experience. The staff is extremely knowledgable, polite & satisfaction oriented. We began with drinks in the lounge after checking in, we drink very simple cocktails, though the creations across the bar looked very interesting, the truffle oil popcorn was delicious as well. The very accomidating staff made our transfer from lounge to dinner table as well, where we received great attention & knowledge. The food was incredible as well as plated simply and the Lobster Mashed potatoes were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We had a fantastic experience at Ocean Prime for my husband's birthday. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but save your $$Abad08trdDined on 8/16/2014We chose Ocean Prime based on their reviews. The food was good but it AND the wine was grotesquely over priced. There are plenty of other places to get the same quality at nearly half the price.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingRjh4funDined on 8/16/2014I loved the atmospere and ambiance of this place. The lobster tails were divine. Service was well timed and friendly, wine selection is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicePaulDined on 8/16/2014Very enjoyable and peaceful . Corner large booth is nice and privateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!VictorMVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food! Really glad we tried this place. Sat in the bar and enjoyed the piano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spur of the momentBeBeDined on 8/9/2014Great food & service! Love the decor and the ambiance. Dress code is a little strict but the restaurant is worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereBuckheadMikeDined on 8/8/2014We loved the great food and the service was exceptional. What brought is here was the Piano Bar that was advertised and we were not disappointed. In so many restaurants, the music is too loud and you can't carry on a conversation. Not here. We sat in the dining area, not the bar, and could hear the music perfectly and still have conversations and, of course, enjoy the great food and service. Every dish we had from appetizer to desert was wonderful. For a perfect combination of good food, service, and ambience, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteVineyarddcVIPDined on 8/5/2014The service at this Buckhead gem is ALWAYS first class. The staff is friendly, professional, attentive and knowledgable. The food is always very good and the kitchen will accommodate menu modifications and requests.Special Features:
- Simply PerfectfoodieforlifeDined on 8/3/2014Excellent service. The food was so flavorful, cooked perfectly..no complaints at all. I couldn't stop sharing my experience with family and friends. We will return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotOnSceneInAtlantaDined on 8/3/2014Upon arrival we were treated like Royalty from the Valet to the Bar Tender down to our dinning experience and the Server. I Highly recommend this spot as a number 1, Choice for dinner and a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingLTMTDined on 8/2/2014Service and meal were outstanding. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatsharknadoDined on 8/2/2014We love Ocean Prime. Perfect sized menu with a perfect blend of steak of seafood. The daily special is always a winner too. Ocean prime is a unique restaurant that boasts a higher end dinner with a more modern interior and atmosphere. Go here and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceWeLoveFoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time to Ocean Prime, but it wont be the last! They have several choices for seating, the main dinning room, the bar area and out door seating. We opted for the bar area due to the live music. We started with the Smoking Seafood Tower, talk about presentation!!! It literally came out smoking from dry ice. It was beautiful and included shrimp, raw oysters, king crab legs and jumbo lump crab meat. Everything was super delicious and fresh!!! We then shared the 16 oz. Ribeye Steak with a side of the chophouse corn. The steak was really one of the best we have ever had. The corn is cut fresh off the cobb and sautéed and was so fresh and flavorful, loved it. Needless to say we LOVE this place and will be back!!Special Features:
- Just hanging outQuin720Dined on 8/1/2014This place is a must especially the food, the service and let's keep it real the drinks! Aaron the GM is always approachable. I love the sea bass and this time I tried the jumbo crab cake. It melts in your mouth and believe me I am a seafood lover so when I say it's all crab and no filling please believe it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love at first sightvisitingSAVANNAHVIPDined on 7/30/2014Amazing service and amazing food. Signature cocktail that bubbles and taste amazing with enough kick for everyone. Love everyone here from valet to servers. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.