Ocean Prime - Atlanta
3102 Piedmont Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Prime - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oceanprimeatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4048460505x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Friday - Saturday 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Sunday 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Blu Lounge: 5:00 PM - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mitchell Brummells
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Ocean Prime features live music in our piano bar on Friday and Saturday.
A word from Ocean Prime - Atlanta
We create an extraordinary supper club experience serving the freshest seafood, prime steaks, handcrafted cocktails and world-class wines in a warm, welcoming atmosphere with genuine hospitality. Our executive chef uses only the finest and freshest ingredients to create inventive preparations of traditional favorites. Made from scratch dishes showcase simple, pure and regional flavors, and our menu features an array of appetizers, salads, seafood, steaks, family-style sides and house-made desserts from refreshing ahi tuna tartar, jumbo lump crab cakes & tender filet to creamy black truffle mac and cheese, succulent Chilean sea bass and decadent ten-layer carrot cake. Our well-trained bar chefs handcraft exciting cocktails, including our signature cucumber gimlet and smoking berries & bubbles. With our red carpet hospitality, Ocean Prime is the perfect destination for cocktails after work, dinner before or after the theatre, business meetings, social gatherings & everyday celebrations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ocean Prime - Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Ocean Prime - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (161)romantic (138)fit for foodies (77)notable wine list (69)good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (41)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (36)great for outdoor dining (35)great for brunch (26)scenic view (18)late-night find (16)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Best Ribeye in the CityVtotheMaxDined on 8/28/2014Took clients in for dinner, they absolutely loved it. Must Try: Tuna Tartar, Ravioli, Ribeye, Blackened Snapper, Truffle Mac n Cheese, Au Gratin Potatoes, Choc PB pie. Service: OUTSTANDING Great wine and spirit selection.Special Features:
- Good, but not greatFmrmxerDined on 8/25/2014The food was tasty, the atmosphere is pleasant, ant our waiter did a very good job. There is a positive standout---The crab cocktail appetizer ROCKS!..you have to try it. All-in-all, we had a very nice dinner. However, it was wildly overpriced. In the past month, my date and I have been to four up-scale Atlanta restaurants. In fact, a couple of them are much nicer than Ocean Prime. Yet, our dinner here was MUCH more expensive than any of the others. This is in spite of the fact that alcohol was consumed at each of the other dinners, but not at Ocean Prime. Verdict - its worth a try on a very special occasion, but prepare your wallet for a shock.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb serviceKlawDined on 8/24/2014We were very pleased with this restaurant! Our waitress Emily was great and very hospitable. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Fabulous food and service. Highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass, French Onion soup, carrot cake, and butter cake (if it is available). My husband had the bone-in filet and loved it. Our server gave us smaller portions of two desserts when we couldn't decide between the two. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't bad, but wasn't greatBobMDined on 8/23/2014The service was right on target, but unfortunately there were several tables nearby with children that were screaming from time to time, which impacted the overall experience. The Ahi Tuna appetizer was incredible and so were the two entrees (Crab Cake and Chilean Sea Bass) we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TroyDined on 8/23/2014This is a high end place with a very nice bar, an energized crowd and the food was absolutely fantastic.Special Features:
- beautiful classyLucyDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I love to eat at Ocean Prime its relaxing food great no kids nothing against kids but if yourgoing out for night on town and spending money you dont want crying baby sitting next toyou Love Love Love ths placeSpecial Features:
- Met my expectationsBubblybeautyDined on 8/23/2014The ambience here is PERFECT! It was bustling, but not noisy, the lighting was just right, and all the little details played a BIG role in the overall tone.The service was impeccable! Our server was knowledgable & made great suggestions. He was kind, pleasant & attentive. We really enjoyed him & will request him on our next visit. The food met my expectations, but didn't exceed them. The lobster bisque was my fave. Although we were satisfied with everything, my crab cakes were more of a deviled crab(still yummy) The carrot cake is my only complaint, it totally missed the mark, it wasn't good. The drinks were A1, my fave: Black Orchid, but Berries & Bubbles is a must try! Overall, Ocean Prime is a GREAT restaurant! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerFoodies4everDined on 8/22/2014From pulling in the drive and entering the restaurant, we knew we were going to have an amazing experience. The staff is extremely knowledgable, polite & satisfaction oriented. We began with drinks in the lounge after checking in, we drink very simple cocktails, though the creations across the bar looked very interesting, the truffle oil popcorn was delicious as well. The very accomidating staff made our transfer from lounge to dinner table as well, where we received great attention & knowledge. The food was incredible as well as plated simply and the Lobster Mashed potatoes were excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014We had a fantastic experience at Ocean Prime for my husband's birthday. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but save your $$Abad08trdDined on 8/16/2014We chose Ocean Prime based on their reviews. The food was good but it AND the wine was grotesquely over priced. There are plenty of other places to get the same quality at nearly half the price.Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingRjh4funDined on 8/16/2014I loved the atmospere and ambiance of this place. The lobster tails were divine. Service was well timed and friendly, wine selection is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicePaulDined on 8/16/2014Very enjoyable and peaceful . Corner large booth is nice and privateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!VictorMVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food! Really glad we tried this place. Sat in the bar and enjoyed the piano!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spur of the momentBeBeDined on 8/9/2014Great food & service! Love the decor and the ambiance. Dress code is a little strict but the restaurant is worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereBuckheadMikeDined on 8/8/2014We loved the great food and the service was exceptional. What brought is here was the Piano Bar that was advertised and we were not disappointed. In so many restaurants, the music is too loud and you can't carry on a conversation. Not here. We sat in the dining area, not the bar, and could hear the music perfectly and still have conversations and, of course, enjoy the great food and service. Every dish we had from appetizer to desert was wonderful. For a perfect combination of good food, service, and ambience, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FavoriteVineyarddcVIPDined on 8/5/2014The service at this Buckhead gem is ALWAYS first class. The staff is friendly, professional, attentive and knowledgable. The food is always very good and the kitchen will accommodate menu modifications and requests.Special Features:
- Simply PerfectfoodieforlifeDined on 8/3/2014Excellent service. The food was so flavorful, cooked perfectly..no complaints at all. I couldn't stop sharing my experience with family and friends. We will return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotOnSceneInAtlantaDined on 8/3/2014Upon arrival we were treated like Royalty from the Valet to the Bar Tender down to our dinning experience and the Server. I Highly recommend this spot as a number 1, Choice for dinner and a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingLTMTDined on 8/2/2014Service and meal were outstanding. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatsharknadoDined on 8/2/2014We love Ocean Prime. Perfect sized menu with a perfect blend of steak of seafood. The daily special is always a winner too. Ocean prime is a unique restaurant that boasts a higher end dinner with a more modern interior and atmosphere. Go here and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceWeLoveFoodVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our first time to Ocean Prime, but it wont be the last! They have several choices for seating, the main dinning room, the bar area and out door seating. We opted for the bar area due to the live music. We started with the Smoking Seafood Tower, talk about presentation!!! It literally came out smoking from dry ice. It was beautiful and included shrimp, raw oysters, king crab legs and jumbo lump crab meat. Everything was super delicious and fresh!!! We then shared the 16 oz. Ribeye Steak with a side of the chophouse corn. The steak was really one of the best we have ever had. The corn is cut fresh off the cobb and sautéed and was so fresh and flavorful, loved it. Needless to say we LOVE this place and will be back!!Special Features:
- love at first sightvisitingSAVANNAHVIPDined on 7/30/2014Amazing service and amazing food. Signature cocktail that bubbles and taste amazing with enough kick for everyone. Love everyone here from valet to servers. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Atlantaatlantabest100VIPDined on 7/30/2014Quite simply the best. I have never had a bad experience; the food is always great, the service first class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Just what I was looking for in a great dining experience. Thanks for making it special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food&Service/Not good musicSteveMDined on 7/26/2014We celebrated our Anniversary there this past weekend. The food and service were fantastic. We had the filet with creamed spinach, brussel sprouts, twice-baked potato and cream brulee for desert. She had Chardonnay and I had a Cab. GREAT food and service. The music, however, was disappointing. Billed as a "crooner/classic music" venue, we didn't hear anything earlier than 1985 in the two-plus hours we were there. We went for the music and were disappointed but will definitely go back for the food/service.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceDispleasedVIPDined on 7/25/2014The ambience was nice and low-key; I had a reservation on a Friday night and the noise level was just right for old friends catching up after many years. The meal and drinks were excellent. For those who enjoy fruity cocktails, I'd recommend the Pineapple Saffron. The most exceptional aspect of the experience was the service, though. My friend asked about an item that she was familiar with from the Ocean Prime in Dallas. Although the Atlanta location didn't have it on the menu, it was familiar with the dish and its staff went to the grocery store, got the ingredients and prepared it for us on the spot. The sous chef and our server, both named Justin, couldn't have been more attentive and gracious. Everything was top notch.Special Features:
- OutstandingRonShookVIPDined on 7/23/2014My wife and I had the opportunity to visit Ocean Prime in Indianapolis for the first time last month and was surprised to find out there was one in Atlanta. Upon returning back home we immediately made a reservation and would recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting wonderful food and great service. You must try the lobster in the mashed potatoes, so tasty. The Halibut was delicious and there is also a great selection of beef. Kimberly, our server, was a real jewel and very helpful in our selections.Special Features:
- MdwhallDined on 7/21/2014This was definitely the perfect place for our 19th anniversary. We have been to other fine dinning in buckhead, and I must say this place was by far one of the best. The food was excellent, and the service was great. I ordered the fried lobster tail and my husband had a steak. The chop chop salad was the best. They also gave us complimentary champaign for our anniversary. I will recommend Ocean Prime to friends & familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Date Nighthatrac35VIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I frequently drive to Atlanta for a weekend getaway. This time we decided to get outside of our comfort zone and try a new restaurant...and we sure are glad we did! Although the location is off of a main road don't blink or you may miss the entrance. We were asked if we wanted to be seated in the bar area but for a romantic date we opted for a table in the main dining room. It's decorated beautifully but my only complaint is that we were seated next to the kitchen (which is separated by a glass partition) and it was a little loud. Our waiter, Guy, was amazing! He was well versed with every item on the menu and gave terrifc suggestions. I had the salmon and my husband had the sea bass. We both loved our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ChrisVIPDined on 7/18/2014I've dined here a number of times with business associates and my family. It's is always fantastic. The seafood is always fresh and prepared perfectly. The seafood appetizer is a must. Steaks rival some if the best places in town. Ceasear salad a must. The bar, great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE IT!IloveithereDined on 7/12/2014I felt like beyonce, literally. The waiter was GREAT his name was Jeff, I talk about him to everyone. And our Hispanic waiter who ran the food, was soo sweet! I love the look, the ladies at check in called an secured my reservation, I had a private room so AMAZING! The drink bubbles n berries was soo good! I love this place, and I def will be back! I had an amazing 25th thanks to ocean prime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a perfect ten!Go4dinnerDined on 7/12/2014Great steaks! Incredible service! Great place to go for drinks or for dinner. We look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Ocean Prime Always Deliversarmymomatl1Dined on 7/10/2014You can't go wrong at Ocean Prime - it is great for date night as well as work dinners. The food is excellent and service is top notch - they always make you feel special!Special Features:
- WowToddiVIPDined on 7/6/2014My first time at Ocean Prime but will not be my last. I celebrated my birthday and everything from the glass of champagne for my bday to the carrot cake was nothing but amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect end to our romantic weekendWashingtonsDined on 7/5/2014The service was absolutely outstanding!! From Tyree to Kimberly, the staff far exceeded our expectations. I will definitely dine at Ocean Prime again on our next Atlanta visit. I ordered the twin lobster tails. I did not enjoy them as much as I hoped I would. They were delicious, but I should have ordered something different. The five layer chocolate cake, DIVINE!!Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Dinner was great and the service was exceptional with a very entertaining waiter. You do pay a premium for the good food and service. Would recommend for a very special event/occasion.Special Features:
- Let's do it againmmmCharismaDined on 7/5/2014Ocean Prime remains consistent with its offerings. The staff is well trained and serves their clientele impeccably. I've never once encountered a service failure or food related issue and that is what keeps me coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Went there with a group of six. Two of our party were on restricted diets and the restaurant was very accommodating about modifying their menu to suit our requirements. We ordered a wide variety of foods, from shrimp cocktail served in bowls of dry ice (dramatic presentation) to filet mignon, perfectly crusted on the outside and finished as ordered inside, to redfish, and salads that were very fresh. Our waiter was very attentive to start, but slowed later in the evening, and we found ourselves sitting another half hour past when everyone was ready to check out. He may have simply been otherwise occupied but this was a distraction. Overall, we highly recommend this place for upscale dining and a different experience.Special Features:
- July 3 visitcatladyDined on 7/3/2014My husband liked his salad (house) and entree (Alaskan halibut); said they were very good. I had the Prime Signature Scallop dish. For a dish billed as "Signature" it was VERY boring. Scallops had not been seared sufficiently--was like eating a soft mattress--no taste. The risotto was salty. This is one of those restaurants where they refill your water glass every time you take one sip, which just annoys the hell out of me. I was extremely disappointed because the menu looked very good on line and my husband had eaten @ OP in Orlando and had a good experience. Also $33 is a lot to pay for 4 small scallops and a blob of risotto. We will not be returning.