Ocean House Restaurant
Ourigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki Beach
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oceanhousewaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089232277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ocean House Restaurant
The Ocean House on the beach at Waikiki offers casual elegance, stunning views, an innovative menu and a promise of a superb dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ocean House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)romantic (58)special occasion (57)great for outdoor dining (49)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (14)great for brunch (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Great location but average foodRBinatlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great locatin on the water with good service however the food was sub par. Overpriced, overcooked sub-par food. Fish filets were full of bonesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for the memoryKevinDined on 8/25/2014Good food and excellent service. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely LovelyLovelyDined on 8/23/2014Hi, I actually scheduled reservations for my mom and dads 20th anniversary and i must say, they thought the service was superb. They also brought home leftovers and I must say, I absolutely loved the scallops served with rice (to make it gluten free). My dad had the sirloin I believe and loved it as well. Thank you so much for having us and best wishes to your business! Sincerely, Customer and New FanSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Outstanding service throughout. Tremendous personal care by manager. Very personable. Enjoyable evening for my visitors (cousin/wife) from Kansas City. Thank you to the Restaurant manager DeanSpecial Features:
- Sunset special was...specialTerryDined on 8/15/2014...in a good way. The prime rib was as good as I've had (and I've had some good ones), and the mashed potatoes that came with it were very good as well (good consistency & taste). Reservation went smoothly (seated within 3 minutes of arriving), and service was excellent (frequent, but not oppressive check ins, and the manager popped over once to check too).Special Features:
- Super seafoodbdubDined on 8/13/2014My experience was a mixed bag. The food, service & view was excellent. However the lack of AC & fans was not comfortable and the check was wrong.Special Features:
- we enjoyed our party for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014everthing was great and excelent. so we will go to your restaurant for dinner next summer.Special Features:
- Good last minute diningdm5414Dined on 8/9/2014Made last minute reservations (30 minutes) I had Pulehu Prime Rib. Wanting to try their different Prime Rib menus. Last time was Cajun spiced. Next time I thing I'll go with their house cut. Our other order was scallops, can go wrong with that. Noise level was high due to a couple enjoying their pre marriage dinner. Congrats to them. The manager came to apologize for the additional noise. It was okay, they were celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- Attentive StaffMomi808Dined on 8/1/2014Hands down very attentive staff, even the managers. Constantly checking to see how we were doing, refilling drinks, replacing utensils, etc. My meal wasnt prepared correctly and they corrected it immediately. Husbands steak was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved itgbandjgDined on 7/30/2014Must state that we have dined here often. Appetizers we find exceptional and mains can vary so we select what we know is good or great. Lobster dynamite is fantastic and the scallops for 12.50 leave the ones at Roy's for 41.00 for dead. Never ordered at Roys since eating here. The meat dishes for mains are usually much better than the seafood mains though. The setting is fabulous and if there is2 or4 of you, come early and ask for a beachside seating. Sunset is fabulous and great for friends or a romantic night. Service has always been a strong point here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningablatorDined on 7/29/2014Service was average. Food was bland. Fried coconut lobster was overfried. Fish entree looked good but had no taste whatsoever. The only thing that was good was the bread. Pricey on top. For that price, plenty of better choices in Waikiki.Special Features:
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Good value meal on the beach, great location. Wide variety of fresh seafoodSpecial Features:
- Careful What You SayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014This WAS one of my favorites in Waikiki but maybe not anymore. When we were shown to a poor table I asked for a seat closer to the ocean (the name is Ocean House after all). I was informed rather haughtily that those were reserved for patrons with reservations. When I pointed out that we had a reservation, we were moved a row closer to the ocean and right into the setting sun. While my spouse and guests were fairly comfortable, I was forced to put on my sunglasses and spent the meal sweating profusely due to being in direct and very warm sunlight. And of course the people who were sat at the table we vacated were served first even though they were seated after we were. The food was very good as always but the staff certainly got back at us.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!SuzabellaDined on 7/24/2014We went for the food and view while we were in Waikiki, remembering it from our visit three years ago. It was even better than we remembered. Great view and seafood, although my adult son had prime rib and said it was the best he had ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Hawiian mealPshiver30Dined on 7/24/2014Great first dinner on my wife's 50th birthday trip. It looks like I hit a home run with this reservation. Great food and service on the beach on Waikiki on our first night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GordonVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great time and dinner during our trip to Hawaii. We always dine here when we come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, medeocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014View was phenomenal, but the food could have been better. Waiter forgot to bring out my wine and I had to remind him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014After waiting almost 90 minutes for our entre....we were starving. Food was mediocre in taste and quality. Service was bad. We complained to the Manager however he told us it was our fault...the order had not been placed earlier. Beautiful setting but very expensive, and service and quality very poor.Special Features:
- Excellent!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014Everything was super! The service was friendly and attentive, the food.....delicious! Save room for the bread pudding.... very yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retirement celebrationjoseVIPDined on 7/5/2014Took a friend out to dinner to celebrate her 40 years in the hospitality industry and the Ocean House provided all of us with a memoralable evening. The table and view were excellent. The service first class and the food, fresh, tasty and perfectly prepared. The waiter even took a picture to capture the moment. If it gets any better than this I must have died and gone to heaven............. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good!!hulagirlDined on 7/2/2014I spent great time. Ocean view is very nice, foods are tasty and volumeful. I'm no doubt to repeat this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMaximusDined on 7/1/2014I booked reservation for my wife and I. We were on our honey moon. She is pregnant and the only thing she could have on the menu was prime rib. She ordered it well done. Drs orders. Our food came out and her steak was med rare. Okay no bight. I figured it wouldn't take longer than 10 min. Steak come out after 15 min, same cut by the way, and nothing ha been done to it. I'm guessing they left it under the heat lamp or something. They order her a new cut and 45 min later after my food got ice cold they brought out a med well steak. How hard is it to cook a prime rib well done? The manager comped her steak an left me hanging high and dry with a 80$ tab.Special Features:
- Ocean House - FabulousRickDined on 6/29/2014We celebrated our 40th anniversary here. Made reservations at 5:30 and got the early special prime rib (smaller portion but plenty). Waiter was Jessie and he and his manager there provided some of the best service ever.Special Features:
- Good but could be gooder !Anozzyst8kluvaDined on 6/28/2014My wife (a diagnosed Coeliac) and I went to Ocean House on the recommendation that it offered a wide range of Gluten Free options. The Appertiser and Entree Menus offered superb Gluten Free choices (a big thank you) but we were dissappinted(and did not order) by the limited and unimaginative GF dessert choices. Our choice of Appertiser was Peppered Scallops (excellent) and we both had Steak dishes for Entree. Both Entees were perfectly cooked but Staff need to be more descriptive in portion sizes as one of our dishes was the Lite Cut (smaller serve) but ended up filling more than half the plate !!! The Lack of any conditioning/fans (in the absence of any sea breeze) made the conditions quite uncomfortable to sit and enjoy our experience.Special Features:
- Great Food and LocationHarveyVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time staying in Waikiki, and we heard the Ocean House is an excellent place for dinner. The meals were delicious. We enjoyed the fresh seafood especially. And we had a table next to the beach -- very scenic while dining. Great service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dinnerpattygVIPDined on 6/24/2014Fabulous meal. Food was delicious. Only complaint was that it was warm. Need fans for circulation. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view and dining experiencebeanies2208Dined on 6/22/2014We visited your restaurant on our first visit to Waikiki last year and had to come back for more this year. For a wonderful meal and ambience and what we consider the best view of Waikiki beach you cannot go past the Ocean House restaurant. The staff were knowledgeable, courteous and friendly and the food outstanding. The complimentary freshly baked bread served with butter and Hawaiian sea salt was a wonderful start to an unforgettable meal. We arrived at 6 and had a table overlooking the beach. We initially thought the fine mesh blinds in front of the tables slightly obstructed the view but then right on cue and with a touch of theatre they were automatically raised in time to witness the Waikiki sunset. This is a must do we will be back!Special Features:
- Usually GreatHappyCustomerDined on 6/22/2014I've eaten here on several occasions with great experiences. Unfortunately, this latest one was a bit sub-par. We had to wait almost an hour for our entree as our waiter either delayed (or forgot) to submit our order which was then place behind two large parties and their orders. He was quite apologetic about the error and thanked us for our patience. From my observations, he appeared to be new, so it was easier to extend him grace as we've all been new to a job at some point. I will absolutely return to Ocean House for another meal. The food is fabulous, and the view is unbeatable. I would recommend installing some ceiling fans to cool the room.Special Features:
- 49th Wedding Anniversary DinershiddentreasureDined on 6/19/2014We celebrated our 49th Wedding Anniversary at the Ocean House Restaurant and absolutely loved it! The sky gave us a gorgeous show of changing colors as the sun started its descent. The service was extraordinary! We enjoyed our dinner menu selections and we were treated to a surprise tasty dessert for two. A photo of the two of us was taken by our waiter, framed and presented as a souvenir gift which we will treasure. There were three wedding parties going on around us which added to the festive atmosphere. For us, it was a totally relaxing and wonderful dining experience. Thank you to the Ocean House staff!Special Features:
- Lovely Beach Front DiningSmileygirlVIPDined on 6/17/2014You can't go wrong with Ocean House. The food is amazig and the service impeccable. Great recommendation by our concierge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerKnightsDined on 6/14/2014We scheduled our reservation for the 13th of June, because that was our anniversary. But then we found out I had to work all day that day, my husband called and you guys gladly changed it for the next evening. We were put in the corner away from everyone, but still had a beautiful view of the beach. The staff was great, the food was even better. We even were given a cute card with our picture that the waitress took. That meant so much to us, we will definitely be coming back, and recommending this place to everyone! Only negative comment is the directions. Maybe on the website there could be better directions. We had a hard time finding the place. But I am sure glad we did! Thanks for the wonderful staff and hospitality!Special Features:
- Memorable ExperienceReturningsoonDined on 6/14/2014A most memorable experience, not only for our Vancouver guests, but for us locals as well. Ocean House exudes the perfect ambience to host visitors from out of town. Manager George and staff were most accommodating always with smiles on their faces. I may consider the Hokkaido scallop appetizers in the wonderful sauce as an entree the next time with some ciabatta. The juicy signature prime rib, grilled, was a bit hit! After drinks, appetizers and entrees, we still enjoyed the molten lava cake ala mode and strawberry panna cotta. Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still one of the bestpapigiulioDined on 6/11/2014Second time we went here, after a 2 year period. Food was once again, superb. Service was outstanding and the view was great. We had a terrific night. Wish this restaurant was in Japan so we could visit more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean HouseOceanHouse1Dined on 6/10/2014Great food; great view; great service! We had breakfast and dinner here and both were excellent. We had the continental breakfast which was a great value. I had the signature prime rib and my spouse had the local Hawaiian fish; both were outstanding. The view is of the ocean and beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TAKADined on 6/7/2014it's adulty. And good location. Foods are really good.Special Features:
- An Excellent ExperienceTwoBsDined on 6/7/2014The food was very good, from the salad through dessert. The atmosphere is fantastic as you can sit covered outdoors right against the beach with a beautiful view. The service was the best. Our waiter, Jason, using their own camera took the best picture ever of us for our anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so Happy BirthdaytravelbuddiesDined on 6/5/2014We were so disappointed, our food took almost an hour to arrive, my fish was dry and not edible, my husbands meal was good and it was his Birthday so I didn't want to make a bigger fuss - I listed on reservation that we were celebrating a birthday, but waiter never acknowledged. For the price, you expect much better service and food.Special Features:
- Best place to enjoy the sunset!VladDined on 6/5/2014We received best table in the house to enjoy the sunset and the food. Perfect location and great service.Special Features:
- JoeVDined on 6/3/2014Only complaint was no air movement and was hot even though we were eating after sunset. Overall great food and service.Special Features:
- oceanhouseVIPDined on 6/1/2014our dinner reservations @ 7:15pm was perfect to get a bit of sunset. I ordered the shrimp scampi disappointed it was a little soupy not as creamy as expected. My husband order the vegetables and Quiona too lemon tasting he did not finish it. Wine list was good. Our waiter George great local personna.. Park at hotel (valet parking) although restaurant validated 1st hour free we had to pay $ 6.00 not bad still wish it was free.....after spending $$$$$ for dinner......overall a pretty good experience....would return to try a new dish maybe the fresh fish.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.