Ocean House Restaurant
Ourigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki Beach
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oceanhousewaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089232277x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ocean House Restaurant
The Ocean House on the beach at Waikiki offers casual elegance, stunning views, an innovative menu and a promise of a superb dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Ocean House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Ocean House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (64)romantic (49)great for outdoor dining (48)special occasion (47)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (11)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (8)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I valet my car because I was told by the waitress it was six dollars for 4 hrs. I paid $40 for 5 hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expectedgreenkmDined on 10/16/2014First time visit. From the impression that I got from reviews on travel portal website, I imagined Ocean house could be a place for the scenic view, nothing more, but that wasn't true, which was great for us. Food served quite in-tempo, as a little kid together this was very helpful. Staffs are friendly and kind to us including our child, and we loved the Tuna carpaccio entry! Butter-sauted scallops too was great. Also pannacotta with red-wine&strawberry sauce was the dessert for the adults! not too sweet, I loved it. Beautiful sunset view, as a matter of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsKeepingItRealDined on 10/15/2014After several disappointing meals in Honolulu in which the trend had been over-hyped & over-priced, Ocean House delivered a high quality meal with great service. Must try the Ahi Carpaccio and the Blackened Prime Rib which were as good as any I've had. Look forward to our return visit!Special Features:
- Ocean HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014We booked this based on opentable reviews and were so glad to dine here. The food was excellent and the staff had no problems with our dietary requests. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- First Date...SunnyDined on 10/5/2014I took a girl for our first date and it was perfect. It sent a romantic scene, but the formality was casual. We got a seat in one of the half-circle booths and was facing the water. Yes, it was dark and visibility wasn't too great, but it was enough to enjoy the scenery. The food was great for seafood lovers. portions are moderate. Outrigger Hotel also offers Valet Parking, which is cheap when you validate it at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014It had a special night feel, maybe because of the clientele and the prices. The food was great. Had prime rib which was verry good meeting expectations for this type of restaurants and the price wasn't too bad , I thought. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomejnr12Dined on 10/3/2014Experience. Service was excellent. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodFanaticDined on 10/3/2014This was my first visit & I enjoyed the food, atmosphere & the staff. The staff from our server to management were very attentive and genuinely seems to want is to enjoy our dining experience. I will definitely done here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 10/3/2014Good food, service. Can't beat the ambiance, view! The one complaint on the service, I felt rushed. The waiter was at the table too often, seems odd to say that, but felt rushed along to order. We ordered a second bottle of wine after dinner so we could sit and chat. Not that the service was bad, it wasn't. It was very good. But really I just ordered and did not have the opportunity to look at menu well enough. I probably would have chosen differently.Special Features:
- Like eating dinner on the beach!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The atmosphere was fantastic, beautiful view, food and ambience. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy a great evening outSpecial Features:
- Great MealHawaiianNightsDined on 9/29/2014Our server Jenine and the rest of the staff were very attentive, professional, and friendly. We were celebrating a belated birthday and Jenine made it very special. Food was delicious! It was an unusually hot evening and the restaurant would benefit by having ceiling fans. Tempurature was very uncomfortable for patrons and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewBarbiedollDined on 9/27/2014I took my husband out for dinner, I wanted something with an ocean view. I read all their reviews and the place sounded good so I booked a reservation. The service was great, the view amazing, the drinks were delicious, but my food was a burned. I ordered the New York pepper steak. I probably only took about 5 pieces of the steak because the rest was burned I ordered it well done but it was more than well done and the potatoe fries were also burned. The pieces I ate from the steak were really good, just sucks that most of the steak was burned. I'm the type of person that doesn't like to put complaints or send my food back. I don't return back to the restaurant plain and simple.Special Features:
- Last night in townSugarbearVIPDined on 9/26/2014It was our last night in Honolulu, so we spend it always at Ocean House. We met a couple at the shorebird who had never dined their and we told them all about left them and made our reservation, sat for a second ran and grabbed them and said come have a drink and see what we're talking about, that was at 5, they left us at 6:30 loved it! Introduced them to George who, was spot on superb! The food was to die for!!! Service was impeccable and when we were leaving, George made it a point to come say goodbye, that's a great manager, that will invest in the customer! We will be back in December for supper, and to celebrate our son and new daughter in laws wedding the 13th. We never tire of this gem!!Special Features:
- Romantic Beautiful SettingMickeyDined on 9/25/2014Ocean House is my favourite restaurant in Waikiki. Not only is the service and the menu outstanding the view is so romantic at sunset. Ocean House is always one of our highlights when we visit Waikiki! I hope we have the pleasure of returning again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMMahonDined on 9/25/2014Ask to see George the manager. He is amazing. Let them know of its your honeymoon etc. We got the ahi appetizer, lau lau and parmesean crusted ona. Then lava cake. All were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality and ServiceTrailblazerDined on 9/21/2014The food was good, but the fish was initally overcooked and had to go back. The Manager seemed to have some attitude and even said it was "borderline" overcooked. It was actually tough and significantly overcooked, but the attitude is what I didn't appreciate.Special Features:
- islandlover1Dined on 9/20/2014I have been dining at the Ocean House for probably 10 years or more every time I go to Waikiki. This time my husband and I dined at the Ocean House the night we landed on Oahu. The wait staff is very friendly, attentive, and the food is amazing. We had a booth which enabled us to enjoy the sunset and the ocean breezes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSugarbearVIPDined on 9/19/2014Once again the service was superb! George was magnificent! Great! Awesome! We met the general manager, Dave, nicest guy there is! It's no wonder we love coming here every time we go to Hawaii and why we chose Ocean House to host our son and future daughter in laws, wedding in December of this year! The OPA was to die for, melts in your mouth to die for, the scallops were beyond incredible. The scenic view never disappoints.... From the moment you walk up to the podium until the moment you walk out it is 5 star!!! We love George and frankly, the friendliest staff in the restaurant business at Ocean House! Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Ocean House has always been one of our favorite places to dine, we often refer our clients there as well. I will be thinking of their new curly kale salad, topped with papaya, avocado, and strawberries, so delicious. I always get the opah, my husband usually goes for the special, this time he had the prime rib, awesome! Nikki was a fabulous server, always there, at just the right moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!!GourmandVIPDined on 9/15/2014Fantastic dinner!!! LOVED the lobster skewers!!! Totally enjoyed our dinner and dessert to!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Order steak med-rare got it well done. Went around 8 and was sweating the entire time. Server was nice
- Location, location, locationgiacolovesmayiDined on 9/5/2014Great view of the ocean with excellent service and superb food. It was our anniversary and we were treated accordingly, with a free dessert and gift picture of both of us. Everyone was extremely courteous and professional. We brought our own bottle of bubbly and the sommelier came over to talk about the bottle and compliment us on our choice. Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Great location but average foodRBinatlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great locatin on the water with good service however the food was sub par. Overpriced, overcooked sub-par food. Fish filets were full of bonesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for the memoryKevinDined on 8/25/2014Good food and excellent service. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people, good food...DinnerFor10Dined on 8/23/2014Great place with wonderful staff and delicious food!Special Features:
- Absolutely LovelyLovelyDined on 8/23/2014Hi, I actually scheduled reservations for my mom and dads 20th anniversary and i must say, they thought the service was superb. They also brought home leftovers and I must say, I absolutely loved the scallops served with rice (to make it gluten free). My dad had the sirloin I believe and loved it as well. Thank you so much for having us and best wishes to your business! Sincerely, Customer and New FanSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Outstanding service throughout. Tremendous personal care by manager. Very personable. Enjoyable evening for my visitors (cousin/wife) from Kansas City. Thank you to the Restaurant manager DeanSpecial Features:
- Sunset special was...specialTerryDined on 8/15/2014...in a good way. The prime rib was as good as I've had (and I've had some good ones), and the mashed potatoes that came with it were very good as well (good consistency & taste). Reservation went smoothly (seated within 3 minutes of arriving), and service was excellent (frequent, but not oppressive check ins, and the manager popped over once to check too).Special Features:
- Super seafoodbdubDined on 8/13/2014My experience was a mixed bag. The food, service & view was excellent. However the lack of AC & fans was not comfortable and the check was wrong.Special Features:
- we enjoyed our party for dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014everthing was great and excelent. so we will go to your restaurant for dinner next summer.Special Features:
- Good last minute diningdm5414Dined on 8/9/2014Made last minute reservations (30 minutes) I had Pulehu Prime Rib. Wanting to try their different Prime Rib menus. Last time was Cajun spiced. Next time I thing I'll go with their house cut. Our other order was scallops, can go wrong with that. Noise level was high due to a couple enjoying their pre marriage dinner. Congrats to them. The manager came to apologize for the additional noise. It was okay, they were celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- Attentive StaffMomi808Dined on 8/1/2014Hands down very attentive staff, even the managers. Constantly checking to see how we were doing, refilling drinks, replacing utensils, etc. My meal wasnt prepared correctly and they corrected it immediately. Husbands steak was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we loved itgbandjgDined on 7/30/2014Must state that we have dined here often. Appetizers we find exceptional and mains can vary so we select what we know is good or great. Lobster dynamite is fantastic and the scallops for 12.50 leave the ones at Roy's for 41.00 for dead. Never ordered at Roys since eating here. The meat dishes for mains are usually much better than the seafood mains though. The setting is fabulous and if there is2 or4 of you, come early and ask for a beachside seating. Sunset is fabulous and great for friends or a romantic night. Service has always been a strong point here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing eveningablatorDined on 7/29/2014Service was average. Food was bland. Fried coconut lobster was overfried. Fish entree looked good but had no taste whatsoever. The only thing that was good was the bread. Pricey on top. For that price, plenty of better choices in Waikiki.Special Features:
- Great choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Good value meal on the beach, great location. Wide variety of fresh seafoodSpecial Features:
- Careful What You SayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014This WAS one of my favorites in Waikiki but maybe not anymore. When we were shown to a poor table I asked for a seat closer to the ocean (the name is Ocean House after all). I was informed rather haughtily that those were reserved for patrons with reservations. When I pointed out that we had a reservation, we were moved a row closer to the ocean and right into the setting sun. While my spouse and guests were fairly comfortable, I was forced to put on my sunglasses and spent the meal sweating profusely due to being in direct and very warm sunlight. And of course the people who were sat at the table we vacated were served first even though they were seated after we were. The food was very good as always but the staff certainly got back at us.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL!SuzabellaDined on 7/24/2014We went for the food and view while we were in Waikiki, remembering it from our visit three years ago. It was even better than we remembered. Great view and seafood, although my adult son had prime rib and said it was the best he had ever eaten!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Hawiian mealPshiver30Dined on 7/24/2014Great first dinner on my wife's 50th birthday trip. It looks like I hit a home run with this reservation. Great food and service on the beach on Waikiki on our first night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GordonVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great time and dinner during our trip to Hawaii. We always dine here when we come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, medeocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014View was phenomenal, but the food could have been better. Waiter forgot to bring out my wine and I had to remind him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.