Ocean House Restaurant
Ourigger Reef Hotel, Waikiki Beach
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://oceanhousewaikiki.com/
- Phone: (808) 923-2277
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Prime Rib
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ocean House Restaurant
The Ocean House on the beach at Waikiki offers casual elegance, stunning views, an innovative menu and a promise of a superb dinning experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Ocean House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Ocean House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (72)romantic (56)special occasion (51)great for outdoor dining (50)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)hot spot (11)notable wine list (10)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Mother and Daughter Aussie experience!sexyeyesDined on 11/19/2014Mum and I were running late but the Host was very welcoming and took us to our table promptly. Our food and Beverage Waiter always had a smile and was happy which made us feel welcomed. He also helped me to confirm with the Chef my food allergies and by the time we ordered our food it was delivered very quickly. We enjoyed the sunset dinner special wiith Tomato Salad similar to how we make it back home coming from an European background so it was like we were at home! I provided my feedback and said hi to David, Restaurant Manager again as I had eaten at this restaurant 4 years ago and returned last night with Mum for a belated 60th birthday sunset dinner. We will definately return back upon our next visit and continue to recommend this restaurant to family and friends. Thanks for having us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very charmingNtnanzDined on 11/18/2014I immediately loved the view we had from our table. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. I really appreciated that the manager himself came over twice to just strike up a small conversation and make sure we were enjoying our experience. Awesome placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant diningLisaDined on 11/15/2014While nothing spectacular, it was good food and service. Pricing was equitable and location good. It was very still and warm the night we were there. Something to help move the air would have made it more comfortable since we were inside where the ocean breeze didn't penetrate. Waiter was knowledgable and the support staff very attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service disappointingKibidangoDined on 11/10/2014Despite our reservation, we were asked to wait for another half hour before be seated. After seated, waitress did not bring drink list for another fifteen minute while appetizer already served. She also forgot to bring my order for beer. Food was okay but one of the dishes we ordered was somewhat strange in tasting , maybe chef forgot to make proper spice to flavor ahi tuna. Generally it appears understaffed and service was not well attended. We do Not think we will come back again.Special Features:
- DissapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014Seated 20 minutes after reservation. Slow service. Too many tables for the staff. No bread until we finally requested it after we were done w dinner. We were told it was because it wasn't ready yet but three tables seated after us received bread. Opah over cooked.
- Special RequestRHJ88Dined on 11/8/2014Restaurant does not do well with reservations request. They will make excuses not to seat you on the Ocean View area even though they claim first come first serve they do in fact hold tables for some customers while angering others even though a table is open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gnts9rsDined on 11/6/2014We have always enjoyed a very nice dining experience at Ocean House. The atmosphere is great, the service is excellent and friendly and the food is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the beach dining...BenEBeaverDined on 11/4/2014My wife had the Grilled Mahi and I was salivating all day for the Pulehu (Grilled) Prime Rib. The Grilled Mahi was simply prepared with no fancy sauces...it was accompanied with wild rice and topped off with this very tasteful salsa blend. My Pulehu Prime Rib was done superbly, at Medium Well...it was accompanied with horseradish and Maui Onion Mashed Potatoes. We ended our meal with the Apple & Blueberry Cobbler and my wife had the Home-style Croissant Bread Pudding...wife swears this was the best bread pudding she has tasted, bettering the one from Hilton Waikoloa.Special Features:
- Excellent as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I have dined here several times and it is refreshing that a restaurant can be so consistently good. Food is expertly prepared. Portions are good. Prices reasonable for experience. Service impeccable.....Water glass was never allowed go empty. Clean. Wine list could be freshened up a bit especially on the white side. Management runs a tight ship. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant seemed very nice online but when we got there, it was a watered down version of my expectations. The food was okay at best but not worth the price.Special Features:
- Seafood on the beachPaulKenVIPDined on 10/24/2014Excellent food and service. Try for a table overlooking the beach.Special Features:
- Great Sunset BirthdayrnelliottVIPDined on 10/24/2014We came early to celebrate my wife's birthday. Got table by the beach and had a great view of the sunset while we ate a great meal with excellent service. The kale salad was excellent and the right size to share. Drinks were all good. A wonderful and romantic evening. Finished in time to see the Fridaynight fireworks at the Hilton.Special Features:
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014Good service. Food was ordinary - nothing special. Outdoor / exposed dining is great but there were no fans - very warm and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- ParkingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I valet my car because I was told by the waitress it was six dollars for 4 hrs. I paid $40 for 5 hrs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than I expectedgreenkmDined on 10/16/2014First time visit. From the impression that I got from reviews on travel portal website, I imagined Ocean house could be a place for the scenic view, nothing more, but that wasn't true, which was great for us. Food served quite in-tempo, as a little kid together this was very helpful. Staffs are friendly and kind to us including our child, and we loved the Tuna carpaccio entry! Butter-sauted scallops too was great. Also pannacotta with red-wine&strawberry sauce was the dessert for the adults! not too sweet, I loved it. Beautiful sunset view, as a matter of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded ExpectationsKeepingItRealDined on 10/15/2014After several disappointing meals in Honolulu in which the trend had been over-hyped & over-priced, Ocean House delivered a high quality meal with great service. Must try the Ahi Carpaccio and the Blackened Prime Rib which were as good as any I've had. Look forward to our return visit!Special Features:
- Ocean HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014We booked this based on opentable reviews and were so glad to dine here. The food was excellent and the staff had no problems with our dietary requests. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- First Date...SunnyDined on 10/5/2014I took a girl for our first date and it was perfect. It sent a romantic scene, but the formality was casual. We got a seat in one of the half-circle booths and was facing the water. Yes, it was dark and visibility wasn't too great, but it was enough to enjoy the scenery. The food was great for seafood lovers. portions are moderate. Outrigger Hotel also offers Valet Parking, which is cheap when you validate it at a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant on the beachOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014It had a special night feel, maybe because of the clientele and the prices. The food was great. Had prime rib which was verry good meeting expectations for this type of restaurants and the price wasn't too bad , I thought. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomejnr12Dined on 10/3/2014Experience. Service was excellent. Will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceFoodFanaticDined on 10/3/2014This was my first visit & I enjoyed the food, atmosphere & the staff. The staff from our server to management were very attentive and genuinely seems to want is to enjoy our dining experience. I will definitely done here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebbieDined on 10/3/2014Good food, service. Can't beat the ambiance, view! The one complaint on the service, I felt rushed. The waiter was at the table too often, seems odd to say that, but felt rushed along to order. We ordered a second bottle of wine after dinner so we could sit and chat. Not that the service was bad, it wasn't. It was very good. But really I just ordered and did not have the opportunity to look at menu well enough. I probably would have chosen differently.Special Features:
- Like eating dinner on the beach!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014The atmosphere was fantastic, beautiful view, food and ambience. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy a great evening outSpecial Features:
- Great MealHawaiianNightsDined on 9/29/2014Our server Jenine and the rest of the staff were very attentive, professional, and friendly. We were celebrating a belated birthday and Jenine made it very special. Food was delicious! It was an unusually hot evening and the restaurant would benefit by having ceiling fans. Tempurature was very uncomfortable for patrons and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful viewBarbiedollDined on 9/27/2014I took my husband out for dinner, I wanted something with an ocean view. I read all their reviews and the place sounded good so I booked a reservation. The service was great, the view amazing, the drinks were delicious, but my food was a burned. I ordered the New York pepper steak. I probably only took about 5 pieces of the steak because the rest was burned I ordered it well done but it was more than well done and the potatoe fries were also burned. The pieces I ate from the steak were really good, just sucks that most of the steak was burned. I'm the type of person that doesn't like to put complaints or send my food back. I don't return back to the restaurant plain and simple.Special Features:
- Last night in townSugarbearVIPDined on 9/26/2014It was our last night in Honolulu, so we spend it always at Ocean House. We met a couple at the shorebird who had never dined their and we told them all about left them and made our reservation, sat for a second ran and grabbed them and said come have a drink and see what we're talking about, that was at 5, they left us at 6:30 loved it! Introduced them to George who, was spot on superb! The food was to die for!!! Service was impeccable and when we were leaving, George made it a point to come say goodbye, that's a great manager, that will invest in the customer! We will be back in December for supper, and to celebrate our son and new daughter in laws wedding the 13th. We never tire of this gem!!Special Features:
- Romantic Beautiful SettingMickeyDined on 9/25/2014Ocean House is my favourite restaurant in Waikiki. Not only is the service and the menu outstanding the view is so romantic at sunset. Ocean House is always one of our highlights when we visit Waikiki! I hope we have the pleasure of returning again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceMMahonDined on 9/25/2014Ask to see George the manager. He is amazing. Let them know of its your honeymoon etc. We got the ahi appetizer, lau lau and parmesean crusted ona. Then lava cake. All were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Quality and ServiceTrailblazerDined on 9/21/2014The food was good, but the fish was initally overcooked and had to go back. The Manager seemed to have some attitude and even said it was "borderline" overcooked. It was actually tough and significantly overcooked, but the attitude is what I didn't appreciate.Special Features:
- islandlover1Dined on 9/20/2014I have been dining at the Ocean House for probably 10 years or more every time I go to Waikiki. This time my husband and I dined at the Ocean House the night we landed on Oahu. The wait staff is very friendly, attentive, and the food is amazing. We had a booth which enabled us to enjoy the sunset and the ocean breezes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbSugarbearVIPDined on 9/19/2014Once again the service was superb! George was magnificent! Great! Awesome! We met the general manager, Dave, nicest guy there is! It's no wonder we love coming here every time we go to Hawaii and why we chose Ocean House to host our son and future daughter in laws, wedding in December of this year! The OPA was to die for, melts in your mouth to die for, the scallops were beyond incredible. The scenic view never disappoints.... From the moment you walk up to the podium until the moment you walk out it is 5 star!!! We love George and frankly, the friendliest staff in the restaurant business at Ocean House! Thank you!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014Ocean House has always been one of our favorite places to dine, we often refer our clients there as well. I will be thinking of their new curly kale salad, topped with papaya, avocado, and strawberries, so delicious. I always get the opah, my husband usually goes for the special, this time he had the prime rib, awesome! Nikki was a fabulous server, always there, at just the right moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!!GourmandVIPDined on 9/15/2014Fantastic dinner!!! LOVED the lobster skewers!!! Totally enjoyed our dinner and dessert to!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Order steak med-rare got it well done. Went around 8 and was sweating the entire time. Server was nice
- Location, location, locationgiacolovesmayiDined on 9/5/2014Great view of the ocean with excellent service and superb food. It was our anniversary and we were treated accordingly, with a free dessert and gift picture of both of us. Everyone was extremely courteous and professional. We brought our own bottle of bubbly and the sommelier came over to talk about the bottle and compliment us on our choice. Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Great location but average foodRBinatlVIPDined on 8/30/2014Great locatin on the water with good service however the food was sub par. Overpriced, overcooked sub-par food. Fish filets were full of bonesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for the memoryKevinDined on 8/25/2014Good food and excellent service. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great people, good food...DinnerFor10Dined on 8/23/2014Great place with wonderful staff and delicious food!Special Features:
- Absolutely LovelyLovelyDined on 8/23/2014Hi, I actually scheduled reservations for my mom and dads 20th anniversary and i must say, they thought the service was superb. They also brought home leftovers and I must say, I absolutely loved the scallops served with rice (to make it gluten free). My dad had the sirloin I believe and loved it as well. Thank you so much for having us and best wishes to your business! Sincerely, Customer and New FanSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Outstanding service throughout. Tremendous personal care by manager. Very personable. Enjoyable evening for my visitors (cousin/wife) from Kansas City. Thank you to the Restaurant manager DeanSpecial Features: