OCEAN - Hawks Cay Resort
61 Hawks Cay Blvd
Duck Key, FL 33050Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
OCEAN - Hawks Cay Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3057437000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Wheelchair Access
A word from OCEAN - Hawks Cay Resort
Ocean Discover a place where fresh flavors and regional ingredients transcend the dining experience. Ocean features locally grown, never frozen, and environmentally sustainable Mediterranean cuisine. As the restaurant’s décor and menu transform from breakfast to dinner, guests will delight in the elegantly rustic ambiance of a restaurant that is as progressive as its customers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
OCEAN - Hawks Cay Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (7)good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Gourmet Flavor in casual settingLove2eatDined on 8/24/2014Ocean was a taste of the gourmet in a very casual setting. Not a place to be wine and dined, but for sure delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.TamBGDined on 8/21/2014Food Ok. Services terrible...Good area. Nice Resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TreeDined on 7/26/2014The staff and food was great. I was disappointed because I reserved this dinner 2 weeks in advised and requested a birthday cake to be delivered to the table for my husband and when we got there they said they needed 24 hour noticed and only brought a slice of cake. I requested the birthday cake when I made the reservation and talked to the dining room 2 days before my family and I came. Other than that it was a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ok serviceIveeDined on 6/28/2014Showed up with a party of 10 for dinner. Opted to get the buffet for everyone. The food was great and flavorful. The service was surprisingly slow considering the restaurant was not full. The waiter didn't write anything down, which I see a lot in restaurants but this waiter got a lot of our orders wrong especially our drinks. We dealt with the issues but he took a long time to get things for us including the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Understaffed and overcookedMomoftwoDined on 6/14/2014Food was overdone. My kids even skipped the 14 dollar burger (left uneaten) and ate the provided french rolls instead. I was craving grouper and it was overfried and tough. The best thing on the menu is guacamame- made with edamame - and plantain chips. The chocolate cake took adults pushing HARD to get a fork through. As for buffet- it is ok- but expensive for a good salad you make yourself
- SurprisingDaveDined on 6/13/2014After a few discouraging meals at Hawks Cay over the years this new restaurant was a nice surprise. The service was excellent, and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No driving necessarysobefoodiesVIPDined on 6/8/2014What a great spot at Hawks Cay for lunch or dinner. We chose outdoor always. Inside looks too much like a rec cafeteria room. While outside it is candle lit and view of moon, stars and fire pit. Wonderful service and food. We all opted for menu selection versus the brunch.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the OCEAN - Hawks Cay Resort reviews archive.
- Good buffetdvsindyVIPDined on 3/14/2014Not many choices at this resort, so the buffet is a good value (especially if you have kids under 4-they eat for free!) Great fruits, salads and cheeses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go again.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/13/2014Food was just ok but service was beyond horrible. Wasn't just our table either. Took 27 mins for waiter to come to table, 33 to get bread and 55mins for dinner to be served. U acceptable for a family resort.
- Great experienceGinaMDined on 12/21/2013Good food, very attentive service. A little pricey and an extremely limited beer menu... Nothing on tap.Special Features:
- Overall great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2013Pricey but tastey! Crab cakes were excellent. Buffet was well stocked and quality. Only issue we ran into was the kids Mac-n-cheese was too fancy for our 3-year old's taste. We sat outside and had a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Vastly over-ratedPostbluDined on 11/9/2013Hostess was apathetic, waiting staff were poorly trained, food was hugely overpriced, all in a huge barn of a rom with zero charm and atmosphere.
- Lousy service, mediocre food.ConchjohnDined on 8/22/2013We waited twenty minutes for our drink order only to have it served after the food was served, I was told the bartender is slow. The waiter had no clue about "gluten free" so I played it safe and ordered half a roast chicken which turned out to be two legs ( guess that is half if you cut it that way). Never before have I had the waiter request my credit card before presenting the check. Jusy a lousy experience especially with $15 dollar Martini's and $15 dollar glasses of wine.
- Needs a lot of improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013This restaurant was a huge disappointment. The food wasn't that good and was over priced. The menu was small and the dinner buffet was small and of poor quality. The servers don't really seem to be interested in your experience, gratuity is included so why would they? The ambiance is more like a pool house which made it loud and lacking privacy and comfort. And don't get excited for the breadsticks, they are the worst I've ever had anywhere. Overall, spend your money elsewhere because this resort restaurant is more like a school lunch cafeteria.Special Features:
- Great staff-food could be betterMomof2Dined on 5/26/2013This restaurant as well as throughout the entire resort has a great staff who are well trained. It's a shame the management can't get better food services. The food is just ok. But a great casual place to bring the kids at the end of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet not good and menu itemsGabriVDined on 3/26/2013Buffet not good and menu items uninteresting. Totally over priced. Don't go here if you know good food when you see it or if your husband is in the restaurant business. Was only good for kids but still forgettable. Made me remember why we go to the neighborhoods to eat on vacation. Waiter was the best part. A resort like hawks cay needs to do better than this!Special Features: