333 N First St
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oceangrille.com/
- Phone: 904-849-5555
- Hours of Operation:
Dining / Tuesday thru Sunday - 5pm - 10:30pm
Lounge Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service
- Executive Chef: Scott Ostrander
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music on the patio on weekends.
A word from Ocean grille
Located in the heart of the Jacksonville Beach dining and entertainment district, Ocean Grille features contemporary dining served in the beaches most gorgeous oceanfront culinary venue. Chef Scott Ostrander and the culinary team created a modern yet rustic menu that highlights fresh local seafood, farm-raised Certified Angus Beef, hand-crafted pastas, inventive sushi and the best seasonal fare. Complementing the menu is a carefully curated wine list featuring artisan wines from around the world and a selection of craft and local beer on tap. Ocean Grille offers guests expansive views of the Atlantic Ocean with floor-to-ceiling windows in the main dining room as well as outdoor dining on the largest patio on the beach. Additionally, the lower level features a lounge with full bar and additional seating including a large community table.Continued
Complimentary valet nightly.
Complimentary valet nightly.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ocean grille reviews from OpenTable diners
- First visit to this restaurant.phylVIPDined on 3/2/2013First visit to this restaurant. My mahi mahi meal was excellent and the prices were also very reasonable. No table cloths or place mats was a turn off for me and the concrete floors but I assume they are going to cater to the beach crowd this summer so I assume that explains that. If the food continues to be good, I think this restaurant might be more successful than the ones in the past at that location. They also have a separate room for a bar that wasn't being utilized the night that we were there. I'm sure it will be very popular when the weather warms up. Since it is a new restaurant, it appeared the waiters were still in the training stage. There are few good restaurants on the ocean so they have a really good chance of making it.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Great food, sushi was awesome, definately recommend the gator tail as an appetizer. service was outstanding and attentive. Food presentation was top of the line.Special Features:
- second visit. first time veryBillDined on 9/2/2012second visit. first time very good. second time a disaster. very very noisy - could not talk - had to yell. after 1 hour we were told that we had a forty five minute wait before we could order sushi. again the noise of the band and crowd outside was incredible. looks like they want it to be a young folks hang out and not a beach restaurant. good luck to them. believe they will be out of business soon
- Sakana is by far the bestAbcdVIPDined on 8/25/2012Sakana is by far the best Sushi restaurant in Jacksonville beach. The restaurant has a great atmosphere with an energetic vibe and amazing view of the ocean. We had dinner in their dinning room area, then to the Blue Bar, which has great music and drinks.Special Features:
- The sushi was fabulous asOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2012The sushi was fabulous as well as the lettuce wraps!Special Features:
- Food and sushi were overallOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/18/2012Food and sushi were overall pretty good. I wouldn't say 5-star, but good. The part that brings down the restaurant is that is feels more like a bar than restaurant. This is purely the location of the restaurant and that they have a large bar and outdoor bar area. There was a wide array of people and I heard 3 different sets of music because they had a guitar player and singer on the outdoor patio, inside was other music, and then I think the bar had a third set. It just felt disjointed and actually did a disservice to the food, which was overall good.Special Features:
- Wish they did a brunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Wish they did a brunch on weekends, or lunch weekdays. Way too noisy inside but luckily, the temps were okay for outside. Food was excellent if pricey. LOVE the sushi rolls!Special Features:
- Third visit and again veryOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/15/2012Third visit and again very good. Working our way through the menu. Pork belly and angry fish still at top. Pho quite nice too. Fun patio bar with music.Special Features:
- the location is interesting...StephDined on 8/11/2012the location is interesting... one of the few waterfront/beach dining spots. well-done on the inside but still has that trashy, hose off the floor feel from the cement floors. Also, VERY loud. do you really do a live band at 6 p.m.? on a Saturday? can't hold off until 8? we came at 7 and could barely hear each other (group of four).Special Features:
- Dinner was amazing. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Dinner was amazing. The service was top notch and everything the server recommended was amazing. The restaurant is beautiful and the live band was awesome.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner. So gladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Enjoyable dinner. So glad there was valet parking since it was a rainy night. Wait staff attentive but overly so. Good menu selections, not too pricey.Special Features:
- Wish the outside was moreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2012Wish the outside was more of a lounge area with couches rather than tables. Otherwise, great food and restaurant!Special Features:
- Sakana did not disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/27/2012Sakana did not disappoint on my first visit. Free valet parking made getting in a breeze, despite construction and paid lots all around 1st Street. The ambiance inside Blue Bar and Sakana is much improved from the former Ocean Club and accented with cobalt glassware and othe nice touches. If you're with a group, ask for the large booths in the back for best seating. Food was delicious. Edamame dumplings are highly recommended, as are any of the specialty sushi rolls. I like the creativeness from the sushi bar, using strawberries and kiwi on Valentines roll (yum!) and a vegetarian option with the Green Buddha (which I'll probably order every time).Special Features:
- Second visit and was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/24/2012Second visit and was excellent. The Angry Fish and Vietanmese Pork Belly especially good. Had nice service. Will returnSpecial Features:
- This is a wonderful new restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2012This is a wonderful new restaurant in Jax Beach. I have been waiting for a higher end sushi / Asian place to go for a long time. The Tune Tartar Tacos and Angry Fish were to die for. The bar and outdoor area look like a great place to hang out right on the ocean.Special Features:
- Horrible service, atrociousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012Horrible service, atrocious coordination between kitcken prep and sushi bar, very very noisy, extremely high corcking fee, good food.
- Sakana Fusion Bistro is soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Sakana Fusion Bistro is so beatifully designed you could expect to see it in New York or Los Angeles. The food is fabulous and the service impeccable. I had the vegetarian sushi (Green Buddha) and it is about the best I ever had. Prices were reasonable too considering the portions and how lovely the decor is. Everyone enjoyed their meals as we sat at a window table with a beautiful view of the beach.Special Features:
- Dont goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012To expensive, wasn't all that good tasting .. your better off going to a sushi joint that has been around for awhile and is fresh. Atmosphere is loud. Who sells misso soup on the side for 7 dollars and a salad for 8 no bueno.
- This was our first visit toHavepreferencesVIPDined on 7/13/2012This was our first visit to Sakana. We may not have ordered the best dishes and may want to try it again. We ordered the edamame dumplings to share as a starter - which were just okay - the dumplings were very soft (I like them to be a little firmer like a pot-sticker) and the sauce was very sweet versus savory. I had Pad-Thai with chicken which was good. My dining partner had the Katsu chicken - which was unremarkable. The service was very good and the view is excellent. I read the review in the Florida Times Union and the writer mentions several dishes that we did not try - so we may need to venture back to try some of those.Special Features:
- Don't order the Cod, but theBeebsDined on 7/13/2012Don't order the Cod, but the Angry Fish is wonderful.Special Features:
- Food was good. Initial serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012Food was good. Initial service was slow coming especially with all the staff walking around and standing around.
- Food was amazing. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/12/2012Food was amazing. Service was definitely worst I've been to. SLOW SLOW SLOW. And then the waitress disappears.
- Four dined, every dish wasOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/12/2012Four dined, every dish was first rate. Great menu. Nice patio. Entertainment the night we were there. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/8/2012This was our first visit to Sakana. We were impressed with the quality of the appetizers and the entrees and John's service was excellent as well. The view of the ocean was one of the draws.Special Features:
- Great outdoor and indoor ambiance.AbcdVIPDined on 7/7/2012Great outdoor and indoor ambiance. The food is amazing and staff is friendly. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Has some kinks to work outLawyerMomDined on 7/7/2012We had a reservation and were seated promptly by a friendly, competent hostess. The service went downhill from there. The waitress was slow and distracted, except at the end when she kept trying to rush us out the door. The food was definitely better than the service. The fish was very fresh and delicious. Overall, a great find! Let's just hope that our waitress was not the norm.Special Features:
- Overall, the restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2012Overall, the restaurant was good but it is better suited to a young crowd. The appetizers, salads, soups and sushi were the hit and very good. The entrees were hit or miss and the pad thai was very below average. The service was rushed and the waitress did not have a good grasp of the menue. The place was very noisy and not suited for going out to dinner. I would recommend for sushi and drinks on a Saturday or after work.Special Features:
- From the moment we walkedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012From the moment we walked through the front door, we felt like we were in a special place. The immediate ambiance had a great vibe. We were greeted by a couple of lovely young women who suggested seating (we had made a reservation) but were completely fine with our decision to eat at the very cool bar with ocean views. We would have sat outside as many others were but it was just a bit too hot for us. We will definitely take advantage of that in the future. After reading the newspaper review prior to our first visit, we were compelled to order the Angry Fish, a specialty of Chef Ostrander. That dish, as well as the two sushi rolls we ordered, were fantastic. The service was timely and most pleasant. We had a great evening and will be back!Special Features:
- Great food, service needsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2012Great food, service needs to be better, it was slow and inattentive. Nice atmosphere, music a little fast paced for a sit down restaurant.Special Features:
- Good place to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2012I went to try te food and was impressed. The scene felt more like a beach bar than a restaraunt. Either way the food and service was good just not the scene I expected.
- Finally! We needed a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Finally! We needed a place like this in Jacksonville....South Beach vibe and upscale feel. It's like One Ocean but with a great outside bar area and a great menu.Special Features:
- Great new spot, ocean frontAbcdVIPDined on 6/12/2012Great new spot, ocean front dining, phenomenal food and drings. Best sushi in town, served until 2am!Special Features:
- Opening night at SakanaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2012Traditionally new restaurants struggle the first week, sometimes the first month and beyond. We were prepared for first night problems. There were none. The food came out promptly, hot and delicious. Our table of 6 ordered 10 different items from the menu and not only would we be anxious to order any one of them again but we are now anxious to see if the rest are as good as those. Seriously, from appetizers (edamame dumplings, tempura shrimp, duck spring rolls) to sushi (Green Buddha, Black Widow, Jho, can't remember name of the other) to entrees (skirt steak, angry fish, halibut) every one could be someone's favorite. The help was attentive and our server (Kelly) was very knowledgable considering it was the first night.Special Features:
- This place was absolutelyJzanoVIPDined on 6/6/2012This place was absolutely fabulous! There were three of us and we all really enjoyed our food. The menu is very diverse so if you don't like sushi not to worry there are plenty of options and those that do like sushi. Well hold on to your taste buds because it’s pretty amazing. We definitely look forward to our next dinning adventure here. Oh and did I mention the ocean view?? This place is a must stopSpecial Features: