Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
4700 N Virginia Dare Trail
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://obbistro.com/
- Phone: 2522612546x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Weekdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Donny King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are capable of providing food and cocktails for a large variety of events, on- or off-premise. We often host birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical dinners, etc. in the restaurant. For larger events such as wedding receptions and large scale anniversary parties, we can cater in your rental property or selected banquet area with a full scale, personally designed menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Within the restaurant, we are capable of seating as many as 22 people upstairs for a semi-private event. In our wine room, we can accommodate up to 12. If needed, we can book the downstairs dining area to handle up to 60.
- Private Party Contact: Donny King 252-261-2546x
- Entertainment: After Dinner (10:00pm) on Friday Nights we offer live music with local and regional bands until 1:30am. During the Spring, Summer and Fall, we often have a solo acoustic performer on our Oceanside patio.
A word from Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar is an upscale dining restaurant on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We pride ourselves in using fresh local and regional ingredients, in season, to create interesting and flavorful meals. We have a comprehensive wine list and have been awarded "Best of the Beach - 2014" for our Martini Bar. We also have an oceanside patio, across the street from the beach, for drinks and waiting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar - Best Restaurants in Kitty Hawk ›
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)fit for foodies (75)notable wine list (56)romantic (52)neighborhood gem (46)scenic view (41)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (10)late-night find (10)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great for vegetariansflutrbyDined on 8/31/2014We dined here over Labor day and had a great experience. I wish the vegetarian menu was posted online, but we had to ask for it. Both of us dined off that menu and had wonderful meals. I wish there were more options, only 4 entrees listed.Special Features:
- 17 years and countingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our daughter's 16th birthday where it all began, the restaurant and martini bar -- home of one of our first dates. Dinner was fabulous as always. Our server feels like an old friend. (And he rocks. How could he remember Jim's martini order when we only come once a year??) It was the perfect end to a perfect vacation.Special Features:
- A gemdiner123VIPDined on 8/28/2014We visit twice every year we are in the Outer Banks for a week. A really special restaurant.Special Features:
- Never disappointsrayzdocDined on 8/27/2014They blend foods/flavors so very well and make the best, most creative martinis we've every enjoyed!Special Features:
- Excellent. Always fresh. YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014My only thought is the chef was trying to be a little too creative with the lamb chops. The chops themselves were excellent. The rest of the plate has too many strong flavors that competed with each other and didn't allow you to find the lamb. I will definitely go back and recommend to others!.Special Features:
- The best on the outer banksLove2eatDined on 8/26/2014We have been dining here for years and it is always delicious, unique, the staff are so gracious and helpful! I can't say enough wonderful things about it. It is a very special spot for us when we visit OBX!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner w/hubbyBnkrldyDined on 8/24/2014Ordered appetizers and entrees... We were not disappointed for either! Loved the pace of the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outer banks dining findLovestoeatRichmondDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have been going to Ocean Blvd whenever we visit the beach (3-4 times a year) for many years. The food stands out dramatically from what else is available on the outer banks. Feels like fine dining in any large city. My wife generally gets the scollops or the duck and I get the lamb, duck, haddock...whatever looks interesting. The chef's preparations and presentations change seasonally and are outstanding. Donny and his staff are welcoming and responsive. And they are generous with their recipes...I now make their wonderful "Rosy Cheeks" martini when we return home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always can expect greatnessdinerDined on 8/23/2014being a couple that loves a great dining experience you can always count on that with Ocean BlvdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful everything!BeachyDined on 8/21/2014What we would like to say to the restaurant owners: We were thrilled with our night at your restaurant! It was our wedding anniversary weekend, and we wanted everything to be perfect. You helped to make that happen. Wonderful food, excellent cocktails, attentive and friendly service! Thank you and see you again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Loud..food was outstandingBlondeeDined on 8/21/2014Excellent food and service was efficient just not friendly but place is small & has open cramped seating and is very loud. The spoiler for our evening here was being charged 10.00 for stuffed olives for a dirty martini. A good martini bar would not charge a la cart for olives. Left full but disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Find for First Time VisitorBlackhawkDined on 8/21/2014This dining experience exceeded our expectations. The service was great; the menu selections were adequate; and the food was prepared expertly. The entrées provided an unique experience with the creative combinations of different foods and tastes. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Off NightJohnDined on 8/20/2014Four of us ate at OB earlier this week. It was thought to be one of the best in the area, but it must have been an off night. The halibut in the Chef's Special was so overcooked and dried out as to be inedible. Another's chicken was undercooked! Still another thought the meal was not up to expectations. If we return, it will only be if we can confirm that the chef who gave OB it's reputation will be working that night - and then, if it's as bad as what we just experienced, we will not be coming back again.
- Annual date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Ocean Blvd has become my wife's and my vacation date night spot. We have tried other locations twice but then always come back to this reatuarant the following year. I doubt we will ever go anywhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr Aaron PetersDocAaronDined on 8/14/2014Excellent find! Food was fantastic, the location was great, & ambiance was perfect. The only drawback to the experience was the pacing of the meal was a bit slower than it should have been. Even so the food was well worth waiting a few extra minutes! Will definitely return next time we visit the Outer Banks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Service and food were excellent - will definitely return.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Always amazing food and service. we have been many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ocean view with dinnerortleyitesDined on 8/13/2014doesnt look like much from the outside, but once in, its a charming quality place, drinks were made with passion and food was creative and scrumtious. a must do in the outer banks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Overall Great ExperienceTCulver1Dined on 8/2/2014My Wife and I went for our anniversary, and were very pleased with the whole experience. The food was outstanding, the service the same. The entire staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about the menu and wine selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Let the Exterior Fool You!MJ2EVIPDined on 7/31/2014We saw this on Open Table and it had really good reviews but we had never heard of it even though we are longtime visitors to the area. So we plugged it into our GPS and were surprised when we saw the restaurant - all this time we thought it was a local bar. Inside, the atmosphere is lovely, almost elegant. And our food was great - I had fresh swordfish and my husband had a decent crab cake (we're from Maryland so we're biased!) Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Very enjoyable evening. Nice casual beach attire is appropriate. The owner stopped by and admitted the exterior puts a lot of people off. Don't let that happen to you. Give it a try. A pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful experience4BamDined on 7/30/2014From the pouring of icy water from indigo bottles into like glasses, to the wine selection Nd the wide range of meSls--large and small, Ocean Boulevard is our top go-to spot on the OBX.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverSteakLoverVIPDined on 7/29/2014This as a great find at the Outer Banks. This is an established restaurant with delicious food and great service. We ordered seafood dishes and found them to be quite tasty. Although somewhat pricey, it was worth the cost. Flavorful dishes and luscious desserts made for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in OBXWineanddineDined on 7/27/2014I have to say, I had the best meal in OBX in last five years, my fish was so originally and creatively prepared that I can still taste that middle eastern cuscus and pickled peppers!!! No kids menu? No problem, they made the kids Mack & cheese to die for, and cooked a chicken for them to split. The wine list is extensive but Cali heavy, not my kind of list but has all the great napa wineries! It has some interesting wines like Musar, but their 3rd wine!!! Overall, I think it's the best place with great character, worth the 30 min drive from Duck!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious! But.....byebyeDined on 7/26/2014Food is outstanding...fun to watch the cooks cook in kitchen...waiter was unfriendly and rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChaseVIPDined on 7/23/2014Ocean Boulavard has been a favorite of ours for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at OBBMDOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014This is our second trip to OBBMB. I recommend the restaurant for its creative menu choices, both land and sea based and special drink selections. The food is creatively prepared and delicious. The wine list while not huge (don't forget to check the reserve list also) presents a variety of selections at multiple price points and levels of taste. The true foodie and wine aficionado will be very satisfied with both the food and wine selections. Service was attentive helpful and polite. By the way there's an outdoor patio/serving area where live music is performed. It's a great place to finish off what's left of your wine or have an after dinner drink. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- obxfoodieDined on 7/22/2014Every time my wife and I visit Ocean Boulevard we exceptionally pleased with our experience. It seems as if Donny, the owner, never stops reinventing the menu and offers a wonderful selection of exceptional food. Any time we take guests from out of town they cannot stop talking about the dining experience of Ocean Boulevard. We would rate it as our number one choice for fine dining especially fit for special occasions. The wait staff and ambience are also outstanding. As always, thank you for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014The food and service were both outstanding! I am a vegetarian and they have a special vegetarian menu, which I really appreciate. My fiance loved his steak too, so it was great for both of us. Ocean Boulevard is catering our wedding in the fall and we are very excited for our guests to share in their amazing food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's counterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2014Best seat in the house. Watch first hand as the chefs prepare your meal. You are only a few feet away from the action and questions are gladly received.Special Features:
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014The service was spectacular and the food was great. Only a slight ocean view but there was also a musician out on the deck which was great to see.Special Features:
- Great food- ocean views tootimOBXDined on 7/16/2014Ocean Blvd has been a special place we go now and then. It can get a bit pricey, but the food has always been fantastic. It's always fresh and you can tell it's mostly all local seafood used here. If it's not fresh, it's not here. I had the swordfish and since it is not always fresh or in season seeing it as a special was a treat. It was fantastic and very fresh and not at all "fishy" which means it was fresh. My wife had the crab cake which is also only available when local blue crabs are in season. I don't much care about the martinis, but they seem popular with many that go here.Special Features:
- Chic sophisticated venueTinktoyDined on 7/15/2014We have eaten here four times now, and love the chic dining room, the amazing service, the small, inventive menu, and the ocean view. Our last dinner there was very good, but one of our mains (the tenderloin of beef) was medium, and we ordered it medium-rare. Ditto for the pork tenderloin. The other items were delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014There were 9 of us for dinner. My meal personally was delicious. One person was not satisfied with her strip steak and thought it lacked flavor. I have been to Ocean Blvd. many times and not once have I been disappointed! It is our go to place for a great meal. We will continue to go there for a great meal and the best service.Special Features:
- Always going backClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 7/12/2014I always go back during my stay. started with a rye Manhattan and salad. tuna was the special fish for the day and its always good. great service. wonderful placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 7/8/2014I think the Best of the Banks. Great Manhattan to start! Salads and beef tips to start things off. main dishes of chicken, crab cakes and tuna provided for another wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Came early, sat on patio across from beach, Had a delicious fried green tomato appetizer with cocktails. At our reservation time we were lucky to be able to sit at the table with window overlooking beach on second floor. Just a special evening for two old folks eating great food at one of their favorite places we've been to..Special Features:
- Summer DiningRichardVIPDined on 7/3/2014A trip to the Outer Banks is not complete without dinner at Ocean Boulevard. I don't consider myself to be a "foodie" but I do travel extensively and spend more than 300 nights "on the road". The idea of just "one more dinner out" as opposed to just a quiet meal at the cottage is always overcome by the fact that Ocean Boulevard provides for an outstanding "dining" experience in a setting where one is made to feel like a welcome guest. I always tend toward the swordfish - it's always prepared differently (my favorite was "poached in parchment") - but I have often deferred my - "at the beach/eat seafood" mentality and had the duck. The best part of Ocean Boulevard is the service; it's not the "kids of summer" trying to make a quick buck.Special Features:
- One special placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2014OB never fails to deliver terrific food flavors and presentation. Chef Mike is the best. The veal shortrib appetizer was yummy. Sitting at the chefs counter always adds to the experience. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Adult Hot SpotTinaMarieDined on 6/28/2014We live in Nags Head, where are many fun and funky "tropical" OVERCROWDED bars and nice restaurants. Ocean Blvd is definitely and ADULT, classy scene. There were NO screaming children sitting at the bar -- like you can find in most of the funky OBX bars (ANNOYING). If you have a special occasion in which you would like a peaceful, romantic, fabulous tasting fresh food, Ocean Blvd is your place. They have a Martini Menu to die for... I love the Hot and Dirty... Delicious.Special Features:
- FirstVisitDined on 6/26/2014First visit and the food and the martini were outstanding! Great decor and a wonderful view if you are lucky enough to get a window seat! Will definitely go back.Special Features: