Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
4700 N Virginia Dare Trail
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://obbistro.com/
- Phone: (252) 261-2546
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Weekdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Donny King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are capable of providing food and cocktails for a large variety of events, on- or off-premise. We often host birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical dinners, etc. in the restaurant. For larger events such as wedding receptions and large scale anniversary parties, we can cater in your rental property or selected banquet area with a full scale, personally designed menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Within the restaurant, we are capable of seating as many as 22 people upstairs for a semi-private event. In our wine room, we can accommodate up to 12. If needed, we can book the downstairs dining area to handle up to 60.
- Private Party Contact: Donny King 252-261-2546x
- Entertainment: After Dinner (10:00pm) on Friday Nights we offer live music with local and regional bands until 1:30am. During the Spring, Summer and Fall, we often have a solo acoustic performer on our Oceanside patio.
A word from Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar is an upscale dining restaurant on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We pride ourselves in using fresh local and regional ingredients, in season, to create interesting and flavorful meals. We have a comprehensive wine list and have been awarded "Best of the Beach - 2014" for our Martini Bar. We also have an oceanside patio, across the street from the beach, for drinks and waiting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar - Best Restaurants in Kitty Hawk ›
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)special occasion (64)notable wine list (46)romantic (46)neighborhood gem (39)scenic view (20)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (7)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Always Our First StopDianaVIPDined on 11/14/2014We can always count on our dinner here to be great. Husband had the swordfish special, which came with crabmeat, mussels and scallops, accompanied with a garbanzo bean cake, Carolina greens and a light cream sauce. He started with the caesar salad. I started with the pumpkin soup, spicey and smokey, topped with pecan bits. I had the flounder special - two large pieces of grilled flounder topping a cauliflower risotto, with Carolina greens in a butternut cream sauce. Oh my. We barely had room for the creamy pumpkin cheesecake, which we split.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprise on the BeachFriarTuckDined on 11/14/2014We had heard good things about this place. What a surprise amongst all the "beachy" places to find a nice restaurant with great food. Creative selections. Next time we go, we want to sit at one of the chairs overlooking the kitchen. Obviously the place to be in a restaurant that specializes in great cooking. We really enjoyed the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite!KeaniDined on 11/14/2014Excellent service! Relaxed yet elegant atmosphere. Appetizer mussels were scrumptious and the bread and butter were the best ever! The Seven Leaf salad was out of this world! Our entrees were almost perfect, the tuna was a bit dry, the swordfish too, but not as much. The sauces, scallops, shrimp, and greens were perfect! All was delicious, and as far as I am concerned, Ocean Boulevard is the best on the OBX!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad server, great foodBE1978Dined on 11/7/2014The food was great but the server was not. We were out celebrating our engagement and the server interrupted my asking to do something special to ask for our drink orders. He then had no clue on the specials and had to read them in a very confused manner from his notes. Two times we waited almost 10 minutes for drink refills. White the food was great, the service put a little bit of a damper on our celebration. Fortunately for the restaurant, the other servers seemed to be on their game, and we just happened to end up with the one that wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!MoondoggieVIPDined on 10/31/2014This has always been one of the best fine dining spots on the OBX and this trip lived up to that reputation in every respect. I have probably eaten here 3 dozen times over the years an it is always on my "can't miss" list of restaurants when I visit the area. As always, I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Restaurant week - waitstaff was not pleasant with the large group all wanting to order from the special menus offered. :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!BeachyDined on 10/24/2014Great service, delicious food, attentive staff! We are looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must visit in the Outer BanksLandJDined on 10/24/2014We found Ocean Boulevard a number of years ago. On our first visit, we knew that we would be returning. Great good, great service, extensive wine list, amiable bat tender(s). We always go there when we visit the Outer Banks - usually in the fall and most every year. We highly recommend stopping by to see for yourself. We are sure you will be pleased.Special Features:
- Consistently great!corgigirlDined on 10/22/2014We've been coming year since the beginning, and it remains one of my favorite restuarants on the northern OBX. The food is unfailingly creative with a delicious melding of flavors, the service always knowledgable and professional (several of the staff have been here a long time). The bottled wine list is always exciting, and even the glass list (when your partner isn't a wine person!) has some interesting offerings. This is one place where I cannot pass up dessert no matter how full I am. Even in off-season reservations are good to be safe, since they do have large parties and events occasionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KatieVIPDined on 10/20/2014We never would have found this restaurant if it wasn't for Open Table since we only vacation here once a year! Located off the main highway in Kitty Hawk this is a real gem which is now our favorite spot in the 'Banks'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OBX most reliable restaurantJimKDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I have been vacationing in the OBX every other year for 12 years and we always make it a point to dine at Ocean Blvd. at least once or twice. No restaurant is perfect, but we've rarely been disappointed in the food or service. The cherry on top is the outstanding wine list which not only includes many fine wines but also offers them at extremely reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed our meal n environment One of the most upscale restaurants in outer banksSpecial Features:
- Ocean Boulevard - a must in OBX!KatewomanDined on 10/16/2014We always go to Ocean Boulevard when in the Outer Banks, and this time it was even better than ever. Our martinis were perfect, and the wine selection was great. My pork cutlets with sweet potato fritters were outstanding, as was the ahi appetizer! Our reservation was for four, but they easily accommodated our last-minute addition with no hassle. Everyone raved about their food and we hated to see the evening end. We will go back again next time -- it has now become one of the traditions on our annual trek to Duck, NC. Expensive, but worth every penny (you can make it cheaper if you go with small plates).Special Features:
- Beer Tasting EventWaddellDined on 10/9/2014Bell's Beer came to OB and did a paired meal. The food was awesome, the concept was great, and it was a lot of fun to talk beer with the guys who know it best while enjoying that awesome OB cuisine!! Keep an eye out for these events, I almost missed this one... and that would have been a shame!Special Features:
- DinnerobxdinerDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful dinner that would be hard to impossible to fine elsewhere. Presentation of food was picture perfect. Flavors and combinations were unique. Service was outstanding and professional. Outer Banks dining at its finest.Special Features:
- Food Was Good, But Not GreatSFwriterDined on 10/3/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice fine dining restaurant to go to for our last night in Kitty Hawk. We checked out Ocean Boulevard's menu online and decided to give it a try. Once we got there we realized that they had changed to their Autumn menu, so it was not the same as what we saw online. I ordered the Half Chicken, which came with heirloom grits (yum) and greens (okra, string beans and kale). The chicken was just OK, nothing special, and the greens over powered and smothered the dish. My boyfriend ordered the lamb entree which came with a chickpea salad. Another "just OK" dish. My Bellinitini was delicious. We probably won't be back when we visit OBX again simply because the prices don't match the quality of the dishes.Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodlovegoodfoodDined on 10/3/2014We always enjoy our meals at Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Grill. They have a wonderful wine list and the food is excellent. The combination of flavors is so creative and always delicious. The diversity of entrees will satisfy everyones food preferences.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The service was very good,however the two scallop entree's we ordered were so over seasoned that we both were unable to taste the delicate flavor of the scollops. We didn't find to many of them,hidden under the okra !
- Quality on OBXHistoryLoverVIPDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant stands for quality, good service, & sumptuous cuisine. On a recent fall night we savored the duck entree & delicious salads, & finished w/ an excellent cheese plate. Service was attentive, & preparation was outstanding. Easily our best meal on OBX, & we ate at some "named" venues. Now that a venerable OBX icon is gone, Ocean Blvd. is easily the best dining venue.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and Servicek6rotDined on 9/30/2014Excellent soups, crisp salads, exquisite entrees, and incredibly friendly and fast service.Special Features:
- Rare find on OBXLove2eatDined on 9/29/2014This is a truly great restaurant with the best food on the Outer Banks. We enjoyed martinis before dinner and a wonderful chocolate mocha peppermint cheesecake for dessert! The entrees were so good too, duck and flounder. We love Ocean Boulevard and hope you will too! Request Kim, she's a great waitress!Special Features:
- always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014fresh, creative dining that's what happens with Mike thomas at Ocean Blvd. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's night outConnieDined on 9/20/2014We found Ocean Boulevard to have wonderful service and delicious food. I had 2 friends down for the weekend and wanted to share one of my favorite spots with them. It was not a disappointment either. We arrived in time for our reservation and did not wait even five minutes to be seated. Annette and team are just great. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Good, but........thecaptdinesDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service and food preparation. But, for me, the sauces, broths and vegetables, accompanying the featured food were over done. I guess I prefer simpler food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guaranteed Can't MissMayoplanVIPDined on 9/18/2014As always my dinner was great. The duck was wonderful. Moist and tender and melted in the mouth. The Writers Block Zinfindel was rich and bold and perfect. The bar is a great place to socialize and meet the localsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedLocalMasterVIPDined on 9/18/2014The bar is really a bar! They didn't have to be told what a "stinger" is (after dinner) and they know what a real gin martini is. The food was generally excellent. We really liked the 7 lettuce salad and found the fried okra special appetizer and Tilefish special dinner plentiful and very good. The "ice cream sandwich" with ginger ice cream was very good as well. The only blip in the evening was that the scallops dinner came with overcooked, barely warm scallops. Our server was friendly and generally attentive on a not very busy evening. We'd go back any time we're on the Outer Banks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special foodfood2Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is just perfect for a celebration dinner with friends. It is not huge and there is plenty of room to sit and watch the open kitchen bustle. The food was excellent, all four diners loved what they had, including scallops, crab cake and duck. All were presented nicely with flair.Special Features:
- Great !!KBB3Dined on 9/5/2014Recommended by friends who own rental property in the area... Fantastic service on a busy Friday evening! Very enjoyable evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the beachgreatfoodcraversDined on 9/4/2014The fresh fish was prepared very creatively and the taste of interesting herbs and spices was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist to NCOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar was a delightful suprise. My salad was crisp with a delicious dressing. And, my scallops were outstanding. I was not expecting to have such a delicious meal in Kitty Hawk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itCindyEVIPDined on 9/3/2014I have been coming to the Outer Banks for 20 years. This is our first visit to Ocean Blvd Bistro and I was going on the recommendations of previous diners. The prices are outrageous and I wouldn't mind but the food was just ok. Decor s nothing speculation $30 for 1 crab cake with mostly breading. She crab soup was $11. Go to Collington Cafe. Better atmosphere,food and prices. MP 7.5 on Collington Rd
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Very good food; over-priced drinks; very loud due to size of room, crowd at bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale diningLisaDined on 9/1/2014In contrast to most of the fun, casual restaurants in the OBX, this restaurant is cozy and upscale. White tablecloths, attentive service, wonderful menu. I had 2 of the specials (chilled beet soup & tilefish over grits), which were both unusual (which I love when dining out) and perfectly done. We've had a lot of great dining experiences in the OBX, but this was above the norm and unique. Understandably, it's on the pricey side, so go with your eyes (& wallet) open, but definitely go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosemanDined on 9/1/2014Local popular place. Very good food and great friendly waiters/waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for vegetariansflutrbyDined on 8/31/2014We dined here over Labor day and had a great experience. I wish the vegetarian menu was posted online, but we had to ask for it. Both of us dined off that menu and had wonderful meals. I wish there were more options, only 4 entrees listed.Special Features:
- 17 years and countingfeedmepleaseDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our daughter's 16th birthday where it all began, the restaurant and martini bar -- home of one of our first dates. Dinner was fabulous as always. Our server feels like an old friend. (And he rocks. How could he remember Jim's martini order when we only come once a year??) It was the perfect end to a perfect vacation.Special Features:
- A gemdiner123VIPDined on 8/28/2014We visit twice every year we are in the Outer Banks for a week. A really special restaurant.Special Features:
- Never disappointsrayzdocDined on 8/27/2014They blend foods/flavors so very well and make the best, most creative martinis we've every enjoyed!Special Features:
- Excellent. Always fresh. YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014My only thought is the chef was trying to be a little too creative with the lamb chops. The chops themselves were excellent. The rest of the plate has too many strong flavors that competed with each other and didn't allow you to find the lamb. I will definitely go back and recommend to others!.Special Features:
- The best on the outer banksLove2eatDined on 8/26/2014We have been dining here for years and it is always delicious, unique, the staff are so gracious and helpful! I can't say enough wonderful things about it. It is a very special spot for us when we visit OBX!Special Features: