Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
4700 N Virginia Dare Trail
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://obbistro.com/
- Phone: 2522612546x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Weekdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Donny King
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We are capable of providing food and cocktails for a large variety of events, on- or off-premise. We often host birthdays, anniversaries, rehearsal dinners, pharmaceutical dinners, etc. in the restaurant. For larger events such as wedding receptions and large scale anniversary parties, we can cater in your rental property or selected banquet area with a full scale, personally designed menu.
- Private Party Facilities: Within the restaurant, we are capable of seating as many as 22 people upstairs for a semi-private event. In our wine room, we can accommodate up to 12. If needed, we can book the downstairs dining area to handle up to 60.
- Private Party Contact: Donny King 252-261-2546x
- Entertainment: After Dinner (10:00pm) on Friday Nights we offer live music with local and regional bands until 1:30am. During the Spring, Summer and Fall, we often have a solo acoustic performer on our Oceanside patio.
A word from Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar
Ocean Boulevard Bistro and Martini Bar is an upscale dining restaurant on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. We pride ourselves in using fresh local and regional ingredients, in season, to create interesting and flavorful meals. We have a comprehensive wine list and have been awarded "Best of the Beach - 2014" for our Martini Bar. We also have an oceanside patio, across the street from the beach, for drinks and waiting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar - Best Restaurants in Kitty Hawk ›
Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)fit for foodies (72)notable wine list (54)romantic (49)neighborhood gem (47)scenic view (28)great for outdoor dining (15)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Better than goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Really enjoyed our meal n environment One of the most upscale restaurants in outer banksSpecial Features:
- Ocean Boulevard - a must in OBX!KatewomanDined on 10/16/2014We always go to Ocean Boulevard when in the Outer Banks, and this time it was even better than ever. Our martinis were perfect, and the wine selection was great. My pork cutlets with sweet potato fritters were outstanding, as was the ahi appetizer! Our reservation was for four, but they easily accommodated our last-minute addition with no hassle. Everyone raved about their food and we hated to see the evening end. We will go back again next time -- it has now become one of the traditions on our annual trek to Duck, NC. Expensive, but worth every penny (you can make it cheaper if you go with small plates).Special Features:
- DinnerobxdinerDined on 10/9/2014Wonderful dinner that would be hard to impossible to fine elsewhere. Presentation of food was picture perfect. Flavors and combinations were unique. Service was outstanding and professional. Outer Banks dining at its finest.Special Features:
- Food Was Good, But Not GreatSFwriterDined on 10/3/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a nice fine dining restaurant to go to for our last night in Kitty Hawk. We checked out Ocean Boulevard's menu online and decided to give it a try. Once we got there we realized that they had changed to their Autumn menu, so it was not the same as what we saw online. I ordered the Half Chicken, which came with heirloom grits (yum) and greens (okra, string beans and kale). The chicken was just OK, nothing special, and the greens over powered and smothered the dish. My boyfriend ordered the lamb entree which came with a chickpea salad. Another "just OK" dish. My Bellinitini was delicious. We probably won't be back when we visit OBX again simply because the prices don't match the quality of the dishes.Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodlovegoodfoodDined on 10/3/2014We always enjoy our meals at Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Grill. They have a wonderful wine list and the food is excellent. The combination of flavors is so creative and always delicious. The diversity of entrees will satisfy everyones food preferences.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014The service was very good,however the two scallop entree's we ordered were so over seasoned that we both were unable to taste the delicate flavor of the scollops. We didn't find to many of them,hidden under the okra !
- Quality on OBXHistoryLoverVIPDined on 10/1/2014This restaurant stands for quality, good service, & sumptuous cuisine. On a recent fall night we savored the duck entree & delicious salads, & finished w/ an excellent cheese plate. Service was attentive, & preparation was outstanding. Easily our best meal on OBX, & we ate at some "named" venues. Now that a venerable OBX icon is gone, Ocean Blvd. is easily the best dining venue.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and Servicek6rotDined on 9/30/2014Excellent soups, crisp salads, exquisite entrees, and incredibly friendly and fast service.Special Features:
- Rare find on OBXLove2eatDined on 9/29/2014This is a truly great restaurant with the best food on the Outer Banks. We enjoyed martinis before dinner and a wonderful chocolate mocha peppermint cheesecake for dessert! The entrees were so good too, duck and flounder. We love Ocean Boulevard and hope you will too! Request Kim, she's a great waitress!Special Features:
- always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/27/2014fresh, creative dining that's what happens with Mike thomas at Ocean Blvd. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's night outConnieDined on 9/20/2014We found Ocean Boulevard to have wonderful service and delicious food. I had 2 friends down for the weekend and wanted to share one of my favorite spots with them. It was not a disappointment either. We arrived in time for our reservation and did not wait even five minutes to be seated. Annette and team are just great. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- Good, but........thecaptdinesDined on 9/20/2014Excellent service and food preparation. But, for me, the sauces, broths and vegetables, accompanying the featured food were over done. I guess I prefer simpler food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guaranteed Can't MissMayoplanVIPDined on 9/18/2014As always my dinner was great. The duck was wonderful. Moist and tender and melted in the mouth. The Writers Block Zinfindel was rich and bold and perfect. The bar is a great place to socialize and meet the localsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedLocalMasterVIPDined on 9/18/2014The bar is really a bar! They didn't have to be told what a "stinger" is (after dinner) and they know what a real gin martini is. The food was generally excellent. We really liked the 7 lettuce salad and found the fried okra special appetizer and Tilefish special dinner plentiful and very good. The "ice cream sandwich" with ginger ice cream was very good as well. The only blip in the evening was that the scallops dinner came with overcooked, barely warm scallops. Our server was friendly and generally attentive on a not very busy evening. We'd go back any time we're on the Outer Banks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special foodfood2Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is just perfect for a celebration dinner with friends. It is not huge and there is plenty of room to sit and watch the open kitchen bustle. The food was excellent, all four diners loved what they had, including scallops, crab cake and duck. All were presented nicely with flair.Special Features:
- Great !!KBB3Dined on 9/5/2014Recommended by friends who own rental property in the area... Fantastic service on a busy Friday evening! Very enjoyable evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at the beachgreatfoodcraversDined on 9/4/2014The fresh fish was prepared very creatively and the taste of interesting herbs and spices was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist to NCOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Ocean Blvd Bistro and Martini Bar was a delightful suprise. My salad was crisp with a delicious dressing. And, my scallops were outstanding. I was not expecting to have such a delicious meal in Kitty Hawk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itCindyEVIPDined on 9/3/2014I have been coming to the Outer Banks for 20 years. This is our first visit to Ocean Blvd Bistro and I was going on the recommendations of previous diners. The prices are outrageous and I wouldn't mind but the food was just ok. Decor s nothing speculation $30 for 1 crab cake with mostly breading. She crab soup was $11. Go to Collington Cafe. Better atmosphere,food and prices. MP 7.5 on Collington Rd
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2014Very good food; over-priced drinks; very loud due to size of room, crowd at bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale diningLisaDined on 9/1/2014In contrast to most of the fun, casual restaurants in the OBX, this restaurant is cozy and upscale. White tablecloths, attentive service, wonderful menu. I had 2 of the specials (chilled beet soup & tilefish over grits), which were both unusual (which I love when dining out) and perfectly done. We've had a lot of great dining experiences in the OBX, but this was above the norm and unique. Understandably, it's on the pricey side, so go with your eyes (& wallet) open, but definitely go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RosemanDined on 9/1/2014Local popular place. Very good food and great friendly waiters/waitresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for vegetariansflutrbyDined on 8/31/2014We dined here over Labor day and had a great experience. I wish the vegetarian menu was posted online, but we had to ask for it. Both of us dined off that menu and had wonderful meals. I wish there were more options, only 4 entrees listed.Special Features:
- 17 years and countingfeedmepleaseDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated our daughter's 16th birthday where it all began, the restaurant and martini bar -- home of one of our first dates. Dinner was fabulous as always. Our server feels like an old friend. (And he rocks. How could he remember Jim's martini order when we only come once a year??) It was the perfect end to a perfect vacation.Special Features:
- A gemdiner123VIPDined on 8/28/2014We visit twice every year we are in the Outer Banks for a week. A really special restaurant.Special Features:
- Never disappointsrayzdocDined on 8/27/2014They blend foods/flavors so very well and make the best, most creative martinis we've every enjoyed!Special Features:
- Excellent. Always fresh. YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014My only thought is the chef was trying to be a little too creative with the lamb chops. The chops themselves were excellent. The rest of the plate has too many strong flavors that competed with each other and didn't allow you to find the lamb. I will definitely go back and recommend to others!.Special Features:
- The best on the outer banksLove2eatDined on 8/26/2014We have been dining here for years and it is always delicious, unique, the staff are so gracious and helpful! I can't say enough wonderful things about it. It is a very special spot for us when we visit OBX!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner w/hubbyBnkrldyDined on 8/24/2014Ordered appetizers and entrees... We were not disappointed for either! Loved the pace of the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outer banks dining findLovestoeatRichmondDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I have been going to Ocean Blvd whenever we visit the beach (3-4 times a year) for many years. The food stands out dramatically from what else is available on the outer banks. Feels like fine dining in any large city. My wife generally gets the scollops or the duck and I get the lamb, duck, haddock...whatever looks interesting. The chef's preparations and presentations change seasonally and are outstanding. Donny and his staff are welcoming and responsive. And they are generous with their recipes...I now make their wonderful "Rosy Cheeks" martini when we return home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always can expect greatnessdinerDined on 8/23/2014being a couple that loves a great dining experience you can always count on that with Ocean BlvdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful everything!BeachyDined on 8/21/2014What we would like to say to the restaurant owners: We were thrilled with our night at your restaurant! It was our wedding anniversary weekend, and we wanted everything to be perfect. You helped to make that happen. Wonderful food, excellent cocktails, attentive and friendly service! Thank you and see you again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Loud..food was outstandingBlondeeDined on 8/21/2014Excellent food and service was efficient just not friendly but place is small & has open cramped seating and is very loud. The spoiler for our evening here was being charged 10.00 for stuffed olives for a dirty martini. A good martini bar would not charge a la cart for olives. Left full but disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Find for First Time VisitorBlackhawkDined on 8/21/2014This dining experience exceeded our expectations. The service was great; the menu selections were adequate; and the food was prepared expertly. The entrées provided an unique experience with the creative combinations of different foods and tastes. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Off NightJohnDined on 8/20/2014Four of us ate at OB earlier this week. It was thought to be one of the best in the area, but it must have been an off night. The halibut in the Chef's Special was so overcooked and dried out as to be inedible. Another's chicken was undercooked! Still another thought the meal was not up to expectations. If we return, it will only be if we can confirm that the chef who gave OB it's reputation will be working that night - and then, if it's as bad as what we just experienced, we will not be coming back again.
- Annual date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Ocean Blvd has become my wife's and my vacation date night spot. We have tried other locations twice but then always come back to this reatuarant the following year. I doubt we will ever go anywhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dr Aaron PetersDocAaronDined on 8/14/2014Excellent find! Food was fantastic, the location was great, & ambiance was perfect. The only drawback to the experience was the pacing of the meal was a bit slower than it should have been. Even so the food was well worth waiting a few extra minutes! Will definitely return next time we visit the Outer Banks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014Service and food were excellent - will definitely return.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Always amazing food and service. we have been many times and are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ocean view with dinnerortleyitesDined on 8/13/2014doesnt look like much from the outside, but once in, its a charming quality place, drinks were made with passion and food was creative and scrumtious. a must do in the outer banks!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.