Ocean and Vine at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
1700 Ocean Ave.
Santa Monica, CA 90401Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Ocean and Vine at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/restaurants/ocean-vine/overview
- Phone: 3105763180x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast, Daily, 6:30am- 11:30am
Lunch, Daily, 11:30am-2:00pm
Dinner, Tuesday - Saturday, 6:00pm- 10:00pm
Sunday Brunch, 11:00am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Breathtaking views and the award-winning cuisine combine to make Ocean & Vine the perfect spot for your next event. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, the staff at Ocean & Vine will ensure a perfect evening for you and your guests. Group menus are available for parties of 11 or more. Space is available for up to 120 guests. Custom menus can also be designed by the chef based on your preferences starting from $36 per person.
- Private Party Contact: Catering Department 3104586700x2167
- Special Events: Brunch is Back at the Beach!
Take in the best view in Santa Monica while sipping champagne and enjoying both traditional and inventive brunch favorites at our new Sunday Brunch. 11am to 2pm, $49 per person
A word from Ocean and Vine at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
Enjoy Santa Monica at its best at Ocean & Vine where breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and Santa Monica Pier are just the beginning. Our contemporary California coastal cuisine offers the freshest Farmers’ Market fruits and vegetables, artisan cheeses and locally-caught seafood. Offering every element of the perfect dining experience, regardless of time of day, lunch features seasonal salads, sandwiches, fish tacos and all the classic comforts. In the evening, dine fireside or out on the beautiful spacious patio while enjoying a glass of wine expertly paired with seasonal specialties, including Carpaccio of Vintage® Prime Beef, Maple Brined Prime Pork Chop, Tarragon Tiger Shrimp & Lobster Risotto or Pacific Steelhead Salmon. Or, join us for SUSHI AT SUNSET featuring a wide variety of creative sushi, nigiri, sashimi and house rolls that combine the flavors and textures of the freshest fish with innovative techniques and house-made sauces.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ocean and Vine at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (32)great for outdoor dining (26)romantic (20)great for brunch (15)special occasion (15)great for lunch (14)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Surpassed expectationsGeniusLilyDined on 8/29/2014We were able to make a reservation for 6 for a Friday evening on the same day and got a fantastic table, great service and were very impressed by the food quality and presentation. Started with oysters - very fresh and served with four condiments/sauces, next a summer salad (grilled peaches, strawberries, goat cheese, balsamic) which was perfect. Seafood trio, scallops, sea bass and grilled veggie with burrata rounded out the meal. All delicious! We were entertaining out of town guests, and the food, service, and view of the pier blew them away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/24/2014Great Sunday brunch. The jalapeño bacon, the oatmeal and the blueberry malt waffles are fantastic! Sit outside overlooking the Pier and Ocean.Special Features:
- Ocean and VinePaulDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful experience! Awesome food! Perfect service! Beautiful view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view good foodCRM1VIPDined on 7/28/2014CAme for an early lunch - 11.30am so caught the tail end of the breakfast trade. Our waitress quickly brought water and menus but there was a short delay until the kitchen switched up to lunch. I had very juicy fish tacos served with little pots of guacamole, Mexican potted cheese and salsa. VEry delicious but messy. My friend was very happy with the cobb salad. A pleasant place to sit and chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast ends at 11:30 on SundayWaffleCityDined on 7/27/2014I like Sunset & Vine restaurant at Loews Hotel a lot. Waffles are great. The waitress did an excellent job. (Note that the Sunday brunch buffet runs longer, but if you just want a light breakfast, get there before 11:30.)Special Features:
- Loved the foodKat0306Dined on 7/15/2014The food and beach view was a WIN! Service was a little slow, there was only one other table in the entire restuarant other then us so that's why I couldn't believe the service was slow. With that said the ambience and food made up for it.Special Features:
- ExcellentfrancesDined on 7/14/2014Great in every way! Staff very attentive. Food was great. View was great. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodoceanfoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014Our server, Barbara, was probably the best I ever had. She was so sweet and hospitable. The crab salad and fish tacos were excellent, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchCRM1VIPDined on 7/10/2014A table with a view of Santa Monica pier and also in the shade. attentive waiters and a diverse menu. I had a delicious Cobb salad and my companion had a sHort rib pizza which she said was amazing. we looked at the dessert menu but the choices were a little heavy for lunch - something fruity would have been nice Instead of cheesecake and brownie concoctions. Would happily return for another meal here.Special Features:
- Girlfriends Day OutJaneRDined on 7/6/2014Every few months a group of us go out for lunch or brunch. This was our second time selecting this restaurant. Great atmosphere and good service. We plan to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonerful eveningkathe90035VIPDined on 7/1/2014The rack of lamb was so very good and so was the serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for a datetheronesDined on 6/28/2014My date and I decided last minute to grab a bite here and were very pleased with the romantic atmosphere. They gave us a table next to the fire pit. We each had a wonderful salad that included fruit and goat cheese and then split their short rib pizza which was very tasty. We moved out to the pool area which had a fabulous view of the Santa Monica pier and sat in lovely, cozy chairs.Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014We tried it with a Blackboard Eats coupon -- never heard of the place, but a good location before our concert. The location is obscure - not even a sign in front of the hotel. Lovely view from the outdoor tables, excellent food and service. They accommodated gluten free diners and a vegetarian with aplomb. Very impressed - we will return.Special Features:
- No table for us when we arrivedUpsetDined on 6/23/2014I booked the reservation and when we arrived, the regretted to tell us the restaurant was closed on Monday. This was an important business meeting and I was quite embarrassed. They could not accommodate us at all. We ate in the bar, which was casual, noisy, and instead of a more sophist end environment, there were beach-goers with paraphernalia lying all around the tables or couches. The service was extremely slow. This is a lovely hotel, but I would not go again.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseSurpriseVIPDined on 6/10/2014We ate there once before as a large dinner party of 17 and were not impressed with the food though we had a very good time and were treated very nicely. My wife and I returned just the two of us at 8:30 on a Tuesday night for dinner. The place was almost empty. The wine prices are outrageous and uncalled for. However, the pepperoni/chorizo pizza was just fine and the big surprise was the fabulous cauliflower/cheese soup with a little toasted sheese sandwich and the seafood fava bean "chili". My wife did not enjoy her salmon and they took it off the bill which was very nice of them. I took my leftovers home and enjoyed it just the same the next night. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great food & ambiencejb2000Dined on 6/10/2014I went here with a group of 4 people. We had a variety of different appetizers and main courses (salads, sushi, chicken, etc.) and everything was excellent. Really enjoyed the view.Special Features:
- Great food and service!jvh0804Dined on 6/7/2014I went to ocean & vine for dinner to celebrate my brothers bday. We ordered some apps (calamari, SM Chili, surf n turf roll) and each one was delicious. We then ordered some drinks and entrees (I got the beef tenderloin, it was superb!). We had some cocktails and they were also tasty! We finished off with dessert ( which was an assortment of mini desserts, all great) we sat on the patio although it was a little chilly the staff made all accommodations to keep us warm ( moved us, and offered blankets). Overall service was great they were very attentive and checked in on us as needed. I would definitely go back and recommend this place! Request Melissa! She's swesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shameful dinner / decent brunchGrazingFoodbizProDined on 6/7/2014My family and I were staying at the hotel and thus trapped to some degree. We thought we'd get ahead of the game by calling in advance to clear our Celiac daughter's dietary needs which aren't uncommon or severe (Gluten-free, period). Our server was nice but utterly clueless. She promised to check with the kitchen about specific items we could offer her. She never responded so we ordered carefully. No gluten issues but the food itself was beyond horrible. Crab cakes were horrific -- the cheapest shredded mulch, zero lump. Unseasoned. Both risotti were cooked to death and utterly flavorless. Unseasoned again. Steelhead unseasoned. Shrimp were so old and faded we spat them out. Too many other things to mention in so little space.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014I've been here several times. You get the best ambience, classy & quiet and their service is the best. We took my mom for her 67th birthday for lunch on June 7 and had a great time.Special Features:
- Date nightMandiDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time here for a massage and dinner and it was amazing. The people who worked there were very nice, and personal. I loved it and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchthatguyDined on 6/1/2014Our daughter and I took my wife to Ocean and Vine for a Sunday brunch on her birthday...we ordered off the menu (the brunch buffet didn't strike us as a good deal) and had terrific food with exceptional service. Prices weren't unreasonable. We look forward to going back, they took great care of us.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchIowaGirlDined on 6/1/2014Brunch was pricey. You need regular bacon and pork sausage. You also need regular Eggs Benedict in addition to the Crab Benedict. The short ribs had way too much sauce which ruined the flavor, Toaster was really slow ... eggs got cold waiting for toast to toast. Omelets, waffles and French Toast were great.Special Features:
- Memorial Day breakfastVeniceButterflyDined on 5/26/2014Positives: Went here for a nice Memorial day breakfast and it was delicious. The eggs Benedict were amazing and the potatoes that come with it are delicious. The negatives: There was really loud construction going on down on the street below and could barely hear eachother talk. The waiter wasn't very knowledgeable, and they only had orange juice loaded with pulp which I hate. Overall very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2014The restaurant wasn't busy, but it took a very long time for the waitress to take our order. And then when it came time to pay the check, our bill was sitting with our credit card on the table for 30 minutes without anybody picking it up. I had to go up to the front desk to give them our check and credit card, and then it still took 10 minutes after that for them to bring the credit card receipt to our table.Special Features:
- AmaryllisVIPDined on 5/15/2014We had lunch on the patio and loved the beautful view we had of Santa Monica Beach and the Ocean. The service may not be all that speedy, but otherwise really great and friendly; and our server's recommendations were bang on. We were more than delighted with the Chicken Cobb Salad, and the Scallops With Spinach Salad that she steered us to. (On a prevous visit we had the Fish Tacos and the Santa Monica Chili -- brilliant as well.) When a Westside location works with our itinerary, this spot's a fave for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long wait in, long wait out.melimamaDined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation at 1:30 and were seated around 2:00. The Mother's Day buffett was very good. I enjoyed crab legs, shrimp, salmon, eggs benedict and the like, as did my family. The dessert section was a little lacking, I didn't mind, but my sons would have liked to see something more. This was our second time we had Mother's Day brunch there and probably the last. The first time we waited for over a half hour for our valet-parked car. This time we joked that we hoped it wasn't the same. Alas, it was worse. It turned out that a hotel employee parked his car in front of ours, blocking it in and the valet had to run in the hotel to find him and get him to move it. This took 40 minutes. Not a good way to cap off the event.Special Features:
- GreatnessLovefluffyDined on 5/10/2014I took my mother to celebrate Mother's Day at this nice location with a great oceanview in Santa Monica . The food was amazing the pricing was affordable , we had the best service buy all the staff ... We defiantly will be coming back very soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 384 reviews are from the Ocean and Vine at Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel reviews archive.
- Neighborhood Gem!Marsee3VIPDined on 4/27/2014We enjoyed our meal at Ocean and Vine. My husband ordered the macadamia butter and banana pancakes. Yummy! I ordered an omelette that I could select three ingredients for. The pancakes were fantastic ,but the omelette tasted too well done. Our server was the best ! He was both pleasant, and courteous and came frequently to pour coffee. We would return because of our excellent service.Special Features:
- Always excellent - Ocean & VineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/23/2014Service was excellent. Great table on the patio, as requested. Fantastic view of the pier. Beautifully prepared and presented food. All was delicious...and excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointedEllaDined on 4/11/2014We really were excited to try this beautiful restaurant. Everyone at the table mentioned that our food was overly salty. The atmosphere was beautiful but the service was also slow. At times we didn't see our server for 20-30 minutes. We are not sure if the area tends to me more laid back because it seemed another restaurant we visited the next day took 20 minutes to place our order.Special Features:
- Rude Waiter but Good Foodeh246Dined on 3/25/2014Having stayed at the hotel as a guest many times i booked a table at Ocean & Vine to show my partner one of my favourite spots to have dinner within view of the pier. Food was great, drinks also very nice. Unfortunately the waiter was condescending and rude. Very much an attitude of "you don't belong here" towards us which i find very offensive. Big song and dance made of ID'ing us for drinks, which is fine to do but a bit of professionalism is required. To put it in perspective we are in our late 20s, and as Brits this concept is bizarre to us to be carded at our age as it is without him making a show of us in front of the whole of the restaurant. No guidance on food choices either- ended up with WAY too much, Overall disappointing.
- Just okay.1foodieDined on 3/22/2014Overall a mediocre dining experience. Good location and nice view. Everything else (food, service, ambiance) was just okay.Special Features:
- Overall dining was good. ServerreviewVIPDined on 3/22/2014Overall dining was good. Server was friendly and helpful, Julio. We had the oyster appetizer. New it was going to be cooked but you had so much veggie on top of the oyster, you could not taste the oyster very well. Plus they give you condiments as if you were having just oysters. Pork chop was excellent according to my husband. The local sea bass was okay. Not much flavor and it was cooked a tad too much for my liking. Risotto not creamy. Had the banana split for dessert,was good. Berries were fresh. Here is the really disappointing part, you could not see the ocean except what was beyond a tower out the window. I guess you needed to eat on the patio to get the good view. That was one of the main reasons we picked this place.Special Features:
- A Little OverwelmedTinaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Hi We Recently Dined At Ocean and Vine Restaurant Last Saturday, The Restaurant Was Not Very Busy . For Some Reason Our Service Was Greatly Delayed In Service Of Both Drinks And Food We Have Been Going To Ocean And Vine For Sometime . I Believe Our Server Was Overwhelmed Since We Had To Wait A Long Time Between Each Course Including Drinks We May Not Go As Often As Before. Food Was Fine But Not As Great As It Was Before . Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything But the ServicePebblesVVIPDined on 3/8/2014Ocean & Vine has an ideal location overlooking Santa Monica Pier and the menu is good. It is great to go for the ambiance. This would be a 4 or 5 star review if their service was better. Servers are nice but incredibly slow, and with only 3 tables full on a Saturday night, it made no sense why (a) the hostess made us wait 10 minutes for our table despite the reservation on Open Table (even though 75% of the tables were available the moment we walked in on time) and (b) food took so long to arrive. If it was a busy night would excuse it, but it wasn't, and it makes me wonder if they make people wait just to appear trendy. Food is good, ambiance is excellent. If they only improved their service they would do better.Special Features:
- Lowes at the BeachIowaGirlDined on 2/22/2014This was a very pleasant experience. We had out of town guests in and chose this as a central location to meet for lunch. The food and service was amazing. We booked the reservation on line and everything went off without a hitch. It is also great that the parking is a flat fee as it made it great for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, the bestCocoVIPDined on 2/15/2014Excellent service, the best ocean view in the restaurant, delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSteveVIPDined on 2/6/2014I think the service although attentive was not up to par for a fine restaurant. The restaurant was not busy and there was no need to rush the service. We finished our appetizer and as we put down our forks they placed the entrée if front of us and removed the plates from the appetizer. Any fine restaurant would give you more time.
- De-VineBeanDined on 2/6/2014Corn Chowder sample was delish. Highly recommend Butternut Squash salad. Vodka Martini very tasty, chicken cooked to perfection, fingerling potatoes yummy. The entire meal was very good and ambiance very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ocean view that day...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/29/2014...but a terrific lunch nonetheless. The two salads I had, albacore Nicoise and spinach/scallop, were delicious and well presented. The apple desert was also very good. I understand there is no "chef" in the kitchen right now, but whoever is in charge is doing a wonderful job of filling in. Unfortunately, there was too much fog and too few patrons, but we three ladies had a very nice time, and the wait staff was terrific and very friendly. I definitely will go back, on a hopefully sunnier day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.