60 Ocean Boulevard
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ocean60.com/
- Phone: (904) 247-0060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Martini Bar open until....
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Groshell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Specialty is providing Top Quality Catering and Event Services while providing a Unique and Personalized Experience for each Client. Food Design, Personalized Service and Artistic Interpretation is What sets us Apart. Experienced Martini Bartenders and Experienced Service Staff with an On site Coordinator and Supervisor Available at All Times.
Corporate Luncheons, Corporate Meetings, Special Corporate Events, Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions and all other events are welcome.
- Private Party Facilities: Ocean 60 is unique as it provides two establishments in one. We have a formal dining room with a Wine Bar that can also be utilized as a private event space holding up to 55 guests, and/or adjacent through a doorway, we have a Martini Room with a Full Bar with Dark imported balinese style furniture which can also be utilized as a private room holding up to 60 guests and provides a more casual but classy amibance. We also offer entire restaurant buyout for private events as well, which would incorporate both rooms providing a total space for up to 100 guests. Since we are Chef Owned & Operated, there is much flexibility in what we can offer. We also can open during daytime hours for any Private event.
- Private Party Contact: Mariela Groshell 9042470060
- Entertainment: Ocean 60 supports local musicians and features live music in the Martini Room throughout the week with a variety of styles, mainly specializing in live Jazz and Latin Jazz styles. Our Monthly music calendar is available on our website. We also feature special guest performances and touring musicians such as Sultry Swing Jazz and Bossa Nova styles to name a few.
- Special Events: Specializing in providing a one of a kind experience for any event!
- Cross Street: Atlantic Boulevard
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Atlantic Beach is a quaint beach community and has street parking all along the beach strip. There is also a public lot located one block from the restaurant that provides paid parking options. If you pay to park, bring receipt and we will be happy to take it off of your dinner bill. Access to parking is all around the restaurant in many public areas and within walking distance.
A word from Ocean 60
Fresh Continental Cuisine with a Tropical Flair best describes Ocean 60. Creating two Establishments in One, you can dine in the Main Dining Room for a more intimate evening or the Martini Lounge for a more casual experience. Local artist, Enrique Mora displays his vibrant paintings on the wall. Located one half block to the Ocean and across from a Resort Hotel, Ocean 60 has something for everyone from a Full Bar Specializing in Martinis and offering Live Music as well as a Quaint Wine Bar in the Dining Room for that intimate feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ocean 60 - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
Ocean 60 reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (59)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (28)hot spot (26)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Night!AndreaWilliamDDined on 11/15/2014We had a fantastic night! Ocean 60 is always an excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOutwithoutKidsDined on 11/8/2014Dined at Ocean 60 the other night. Food and service were quite good. Waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu items, very friendly and attentive. Only complaint was the noise. We sat in the dining area and was still very noisy. If you're looking for a quiet dinner spot this may not be the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overwhelmedRonBDined on 11/7/2014Too busy to look after us. Very very loud that mightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Place to DinekarenackDined on 11/4/2014I always enjoy Ocean 60 whether we go for dinner or drinks. The atmosphere is great, and the service is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousShabnamGordanDined on 11/1/2014This place is amazing. THe food is so deliciously off the chart! I would go eat there everyday! all the items on their menu is unique and one of a kind and they taste really good. The service is also very good. We loved our server. it is very important for me to not get rushed out of a restaurant that I spend so much money on and our server made sure she gives us our space and time to sleect our food and to enjoy it. She did not rush us and made sure she brings each course in a very timely manner. We would go back again and again! Plus they have some outside seating so you can bring yoru dog along with you! the fisrt time I ate at Ocean 60 I brought my puppy and they treated her really well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FindWistarmoDined on 10/31/2014Found them and their menu on the internet. Everything was perfect. One of our best meals dining out. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great dining experience4keepsDined on 10/31/2014We were stuck in traffic, and I was unable to get a call through to the resturant to let them know we would be late. The resturant called to verify we were still planning to dine with them! Great happy hour prices. The food was excellent. Our waiter was attentive and offered great suggestions. We were not rushed. Wonderful "date night"Special Features:
- Meatloaf is spectacularKDogVIPDined on 10/29/2014Best meatloaf ever. Service was great. Fun night with friends!Special Features:
- Consistent qualityfullstatDined on 10/29/2014The food and service quality remains consistently high.Special Features:
- Very pleasedpivotmtDined on 10/25/2014I had not eaten at Ocean 60 for some time and was pleasantly surprised. We had the Trigger special and the Whole Snapper. Both were perfect and we will definitely be back soon. The service was good. It was a little noisy but on a Saturday night at a busy restaurant, this was to be expected.Special Features:
- Ocean 60JoeLDined on 10/25/2014This was our 4th time dining at Ocean 60 This was our last time sitting indoors. The restaurant and bar was extremely loud. As time went on the noise level got much louder...we could not hear each other speak. All surfaces in the restaurant are hard there are no sound abatement material at all that could absorb the din that is produced from many voices and music. Our dinner was wonderful and our server, who we were fortunate to have had on previous visits was also excellent. I do think we will be back (only to sit outside) because we love the menu and the trained staff, but we also enjoy talking to each other which we could not do easily on Saturday. Sorry....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014food was very good, and service was great, parking was a little hard to findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!BaltimoretoLGDined on 10/21/2014We were celebrating our 35th anniversary when we ate at Ocean 60 the other night. The food and service were wonderful, and they made it feel like the special night that it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KyleVIPDined on 10/18/2014I was a bit disappointed that after speaking to the manager to assure a nice celebration for my husband's 60th birthday that the only acknowledgement was a line at the top of our menu's saying "Happy 60th Birthday". Nothing from our waiter, no glass of champagne or free dessert, nothing. We did enjoy a very nice meal and our waiter was very helpful with our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for surf AND turf!TomNinaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Even though we came here intending to have seafood, the ribeye and prime rib just looked too good to pass up. We were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and service. The noise level is unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceYummyDined on 10/10/2014I was there for my 50th birthday and the food was great but the service was outstanding. I was give a free slice of cheesecake that was so tasty.😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are Regulars at Ocean 60BeckiePDined on 10/4/2014We love this restaurant and have always had a great experience...until last Saturday. We arrived at 6:30 and had dinner, everything fabulous as usual. We decided to order dessert and coffee. (2 of our selections were not available... and it was only 7:30 and not crowded. That was disappointing. But we will be back.Special Features:
- Great placesarguy64Dined on 10/3/2014I would consider this place to be a great fine for anyone local are coming from out of town. The food,the service and the fact that it's right downtown Atlantic Beach makes it a prime location for a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfied customercustomer4lifeDined on 9/29/2014everyone is always so friendly my waiter was always there when I needed him I never had to look for him. The food is always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent and service fabulous. Very friendly place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantVauclusianDined on 9/22/2014An enjoyable evening meal. Will come back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodl & ServiceboomerVIPDined on 9/19/2014The staff was very amicable. The food was delicious and the service was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Went there for the first time celebrating my husbands birthday. Walked in and greeted by the very polite hostess and asked if we could have a drink at the bar first even though our reservation was at the time we arrived and she gladly accommodated our request and showed us to the lounge area whew we were taken great care of by the bartender who was very friendly and will definitely be back to see him. We then walked back to the dining room side and our table perfectly by the window was all set up for us. Being a F&B person my whole life the special touch was wonderful they even had special menus printed with happy birthday at the top! The whole experience, food, service and management exceeded my expectations! We will be back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ocean 60Sanns75Dined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The fish was very fresh. We were able to pick a different starch for our meal. Happy Hour is until 7:30 we able to get our drinks at a special price.Special Features:
- Glad we returned!!okdebDined on 9/12/2014It had been years since we dined at Ocean 60, not because we did not like it. . . . just had not returned. I am happy to report we are so very glad we returned. A wonderful meal, with delicious fresh food, and excellent service. Other than the noise level, our dinner was superb!Special Features:
- great seafoodpaulajeanVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed an excellent meal and also had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions and High pricing.DineNoutDined on 9/6/2014The food was good, but the portions of meat were very small; plate was covered mostly with vegetables. Environment was way too noisy, could not sit across spouse and hear her, had to sit 2 feet next to her to have a conversation. Food took 35 minutes to serve after the order was placed. Do not plan on going back or would not recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Always deliversPatrickDined on 9/1/2014Ocean 60 consistently delivers in providing outstanding American cuisine with gourmet preparation and presentation. You eat with your eyes first, and everything is beautifully executed. The smell and taste follow right behind and everything is delicious. My favorite items are always the fish or steak special, so no matter what mood you are in, they can please you and the rest of your party simultaneously. It was too hot for soup, but when it cools off they always have something that's hard to resist. We enjoyed splitting a wedge salad with a delicious vinaigrette that was light and balanced between sweet and tangy. On occasion they have really great live music from Chris Thomas making a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual experiencePickyEatersVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was unusually bland. Will give them another chance since it is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeeatsDined on 8/27/2014We love the food at Ocean 60 and the service, provided by Matt, was excellent. My one gripe about Ocean 60, and it has happened more than once, is that the assignment of tables when you come in with a reservation, is a mystery and a disappointment. We went on my wife's birthday, a Wednesday, and had reservations for at least 1 week. When we came in, at 6:30pm, we were told, even though the restaurant was virtually empty, that only 2 tables were available. We accepted this and sat down and the food was great. We noted that a table we would have much preferred to the one we had was still empty and was empty when we left! I will probably go again but there is something I am missing in how they assign tables. Matt is a great server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFredDined on 8/16/2014The food is always great, the staff is friendly and helpful. Never disappointed - oh and leave room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for intimate dinnerNoisyDined on 8/15/2014Ocean 60 separates their active and fun bar scene from the restaurant. This floor plan allows for a nice intimate dinner with excellent food and service. After dinner, walk next door into the lounge and enjoy a beachy bar scene that fits well into the festive atmosphere of ocean front relaxation.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Even though parking was crazy, the resturant was great. Food was amazing and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant@ BeachesRESTAURANTPOLICEDined on 8/13/2014Thanks again for wonderful service and delicious food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great wait staffLadyRestaurantDined on 8/13/2014I always enjoy our meals at Ocean 60. Living around the corner, it's one of our favorite restaurants. You need a reservation, and make yours early in the evening. It takes the kitchen about an hour and a half to two hours to get your food out to you, so our average time there is at least three hours. However, the food is always fresh, interesting, well presented, and a notch above everything else around. The staff is friendly, the drinks are great. Don't miss the happy hour that goes until 7 pm for $5 martinis. It's wonderful for a special occasion or when you have friends you want to spend a lot of time with. Food is really, really great. Worth the wait.Special Features:
- always greatUnhappyVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was our second visit and will always return when in the area. Food is excellent and presentations wonderful. Our waiter was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCETHECOACHDined on 8/9/2014APPETIZER--EGGPLANT TOWER--OK BUT TOO SMALL TO SHARE ENTREE--#1 SURF AND TURF--IMPOSSIBLY TOUGH AND OVER-COOKED HANGER STEAK. ENTREE #2 SOFT SHELL CRAB VERY SMALL PORTION SALAD VERY SMALL PORTION AND TOO EXPENSIVE OVERALL COST WAS FAR TOO EXPENSIVE ($80 )FOR THE MEAL--SMALL PORTIONS WITH NO DESSERT AND NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IIN ADDITION ALTHOUGH NOT CROWDED THE SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW--WAITER APOLOGIZED FOR THE LONG DELAYS FOOD APPARENTLY SAT IN THE KITCHEN TOO LONG AND WAS BARELY WARM WHEN FINALLY SERVED NOTE: UPON OUR COMPLAINT, MANAGER REPLACED SURF AND TURF WITH SHRIMP SCAMPI
- Wonderful PlaceFoodLoverDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Great service. Great place! Nice wine selection. Creative food menu. I really loved that every waiter/waitress was helpful. Not just the one serving our table. Will plan on going again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW.FloridafamilyfoodieDined on 8/8/2014So my husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and we were warmly greeted by Matt with 2 complimentary glasses of champagne with fruit. We started with a cheese platter that was absolutely delicious. For dinner my husband had the Thai Chicken and I indulged in a wonderful ribeye. Omg is all I can say. Matt was so attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu. He made our experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.