60 Ocean Boulevard
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ocean60.com/
- Phone: 9042470060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Martini Bar open until....
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Groshell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Specialty is providing Top Quality Catering and Event Services while providing a Unique and Personalized Experience for each Client. Food Design, Personalized Service and Artistic Interpretation is What sets us Apart. Experienced Martini Bartenders and Experienced Service Staff with an On site Coordinator and Supervisor Available at All Times.
Corporate Luncheons, Corporate Meetings, Special Corporate Events, Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions and all other events are welcome.
- Private Party Facilities: Ocean 60 is unique as it provides two establishments in one. We have a formal dining room with a Wine Bar that can also be utilized as a private event space holding up to 55 guests, and/or adjacent through a doorway, we have a Martini Room with a Full Bar with Dark imported balinese style furniture which can also be utilized as a private room holding up to 60 guests and provides a more casual but classy amibance. We also offer entire restaurant buyout for private events as well, which would incorporate both rooms providing a total space for up to 100 guests. Since we are Chef Owned & Operated, there is much flexibility in what we can offer. We also can open during daytime hours for any Private event.
- Private Party Contact: Mariela Groshell 9042470060
- Entertainment: Ocean 60 supports local musicians and features live music in the Martini Room throughout the week with a variety of styles, mainly specializing in live Jazz and Latin Jazz styles. Our Monthly music calendar is available on our website. We also feature special guest performances and touring musicians such as Sultry Swing Jazz and Bossa Nova styles to name a few.
- Special Events: Specializing in providing a one of a kind experience for any event!
- Cross Street: Atlantic Boulevard
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Atlantic Beach is a quaint beach community and has street parking all along the beach strip. There is also a public lot located one block from the restaurant that provides paid parking options. If you pay to park, bring receipt and we will be happy to take it off of your dinner bill. Access to parking is all around the restaurant in many public areas and within walking distance.
A word from Ocean 60
Fresh Continental Cuisine with a Tropical Flair best describes Ocean 60. Creating two Establishments in One, you can dine in the Main Dining Room for a more intimate evening or the Martini Lounge for a more casual experience. Local artist, Enrique Mora displays his vibrant paintings on the wall. Located one half block to the Ocean and across from a Resort Hotel, Ocean 60 has something for everyone from a Full Bar Specializing in Martinis and offering Live Music as well as a Quaint Wine Bar in the Dining Room for that intimate feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ocean 60 - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
Ocean 60 reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (70)fit for foodies (67)romantic (52)vibrant bar scene (44)good for groups (27)notable wine list (21)hot spot (20)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Unusual experiencePickyEatersVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was unusually bland. Will give them another chance since it is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeeatsDined on 8/27/2014We love the food at Ocean 60 and the service, provided by Matt, was excellent. My one gripe about Ocean 60, and it has happened more than once, is that the assignment of tables when you come in with a reservation, is a mystery and a disappointment. We went on my wife's birthday, a Wednesday, and had reservations for at least 1 week. When we came in, at 6:30pm, we were told, even though the restaurant was virtually empty, that only 2 tables were available. We accepted this and sat down and the food was great. We noted that a table we would have much preferred to the one we had was still empty and was empty when we left! I will probably go again but there is something I am missing in how they assign tables. Matt is a great server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFredDined on 8/16/2014The food is always great, the staff is friendly and helpful. Never disappointed - oh and leave room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for intimate dinnerNoisyDined on 8/15/2014Ocean 60 separates their active and fun bar scene from the restaurant. This floor plan allows for a nice intimate dinner with excellent food and service. After dinner, walk next door into the lounge and enjoy a beachy bar scene that fits well into the festive atmosphere of ocean front relaxation.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Even though parking was crazy, the resturant was great. Food was amazing and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant@ BeachesRESTAURANTPOLICEDined on 8/13/2014Thanks again for wonderful service and delicious food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatUnhappyVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was our second visit and will always return when in the area. Food is excellent and presentations wonderful. Our waiter was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCETHECOACHDined on 8/9/2014APPETIZER--EGGPLANT TOWER--OK BUT TOO SMALL TO SHARE ENTREE--#1 SURF AND TURF--IMPOSSIBLY TOUGH AND OVER-COOKED HANGER STEAK. ENTREE #2 SOFT SHELL CRAB VERY SMALL PORTION SALAD VERY SMALL PORTION AND TOO EXPENSIVE OVERALL COST WAS FAR TOO EXPENSIVE ($80 )FOR THE MEAL--SMALL PORTIONS WITH NO DESSERT AND NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IIN ADDITION ALTHOUGH NOT CROWDED THE SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW--WAITER APOLOGIZED FOR THE LONG DELAYS FOOD APPARENTLY SAT IN THE KITCHEN TOO LONG AND WAS BARELY WARM WHEN FINALLY SERVED NOTE: UPON OUR COMPLAINT, MANAGER REPLACED SURF AND TURF WITH SHRIMP SCAMPI
- Wonderful PlaceFoodLoverDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Great service. Great place! Nice wine selection. Creative food menu. I really loved that every waiter/waitress was helpful. Not just the one serving our table. Will plan on going again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW.FloridafamilyfoodieDined on 8/8/2014So my husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and we were warmly greeted by Matt with 2 complimentary glasses of champagne with fruit. We started with a cheese platter that was absolutely delicious. For dinner my husband had the Thai Chicken and I indulged in a wonderful ribeye. Omg is all I can say. Matt was so attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu. He made our experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, atmosphereneptunegurlDined on 8/8/2014Perfect in every way. Four courses, wonderful service by Matt, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The service and food were excellent. They have an extensive drink menu, however, the food selections aren't as vast but what we ordered was delicious.
- jaxvlDined on 7/28/2014We had a wonderful meal...the meatloaf was truly memorable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014The fish was dry and the salad boring. Noise level was too loud. Of course, parking is difficult
- excellentluv2eatDined on 7/25/2014very good menu, excellent wine selection, great service, vibrant atmosphere. High recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LMloveditLMloveditDined on 7/23/2014I, as well as my guests who were attending for the first time, enjoyed our meal thoroughly -- We stay at One Ocean all the time (from Jax) and we love coming to Ocean 60Special Features:
- Wow!DocZDined on 7/21/2014From the bread and herbed oil at the beginning of the meal all the way through the dessert, everything was WOW! Whoever the chef is there knows how to combine flavors to create an exquisite dining experience! We were completely happy with everything. And when the meal was over, we stroll a very short distance to enjoy a walk along the ocean front. This is a restaurant that serves amazingly good food!Special Features:
- Liked it but music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Without the music and tables too close to the bar we would have liked it more. We kept getting bumped into by the people at the bar near our dining table (make those bar tables and you are fine). That along with the loud music made an elegant dinner a trip to an expensive Fridays!! Sorry. really great food and service just venue too loud and busy for decent dining
- Good As AlwaysdineoutdinahDined on 7/19/2014We always know we will have a good meal in an enjoyable atmosphere with good service - and that was the case again last Saturday night. We brought guests who had not dined at Ocean 60 before - so they were happy to add Ocean 60 to their list. We had a very pleasant experience with your host, as well - as when we arrived we were first offered a table in the bar - but I knew we would prefer a little quieter location with our guests - so I asked if we could be seated in the main dining room - and we were graciously seated at a lovely table. we were on our way to the theater and the staff also made sure we got prompt service - but were not in any way rushed. so thanks again - lovely evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallMap1714Dined on 7/11/2014Great service, great food, eclectic menu, wine and drinks choices are excellent. We have had dinners for four and up to fifteen and the service is always superb.Special Features:
- Awesome!LadyD13VIPDined on 7/10/2014Took business clients here for a late dinner...food was awesome, service was great and loved the live music. Delicious calamari and awesome scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findSpeechlessDined on 7/9/2014Oceans 60 is a gem. We travel often, & enjoy fine local dining. Oceans 60 was highly recommended by several Friends. We had a 6:30 p.m. Reservation and were seated immediately. It was Happy Hour and we sampled several of their martini's. We selected appetizers; calamari, scallops, and their amazing brussel sprouts. We selected the freshest fish of the day, shrimp diablo, and whole red snapper. Each bite was piping hot, and the Flavor extraordinary. A must do every time we are in Atlantic Beach, Fl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A deliciously good timeBigkeeksDined on 7/4/2014My girlfriend and I stopped here for dinner on 4th of July, and they ran a special holiday menu. My girlfriend is very picky, and I will eat just about anything. The menu was perfect cuz she was able to get a nice ribeye while I got the pecan crusted scallops. Everything was absolutely delicious! We each had a cocktail from the bar before dinner, their maple manhattan was a great choice, sweet and strong. And then with our meals we each had a glass of wine. The bartender let her taste a couple of whites and he was very knowledgable and friendly. All in all we had a great night for around $120. I will definitely be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was holiday weekend will try againLovefoodDined on 7/3/2014The bar was quieter thant the dining area. The food and service was superb!! I will go back when it is a non peak day or weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean 60PapaJaxDined on 7/2/2014Shared our visit with friends. Service excellent, food fabulous. My ONLY problem was the noise level. I couldn't hear anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceKDogDined on 7/1/2014This is an awesome restaurant. We have been here several times and never have a bad experience. Parking can be challenging, but well worth it.Special Features:
- ExcellentJACSDined on 6/30/2014Outstanding food and superior service. We really enjoyed dining at Ocean 60. Service was simply the best. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerShare67Dined on 6/27/2014Great meal... The snapper was awesome and the scallops were cooked perfectly. They did forget to make it an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean 60 Atlantic beach, Fl.YummyDined on 6/23/2014Our server was new to the restaurant but did an excellent job answering our questions and dealing with our special requests. The menu was composed with several items not readily found in other restaurant and the martini bar was impressive. Very nice wine list and the house wine was very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great way to spend our anniversaryKsimsmama40Dined on 6/23/2014This restaurant has it all ! delicious food, fun drinks, and fabulous service. We'll be back. Jenna our service was excellent. Very knowledgeable about the menu. Everything she suggested was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greeted with champagne!SarahDined on 6/21/2014When I booked the reservations, I wrote that it was our anniversary, so as soon as we sat down, they gave us complimentary champagne! We ordered the cheese plate --6 cheeses, meats, figs, grapes and crackers and it was delicious. We also ordered the grouper daily special and the wild mushroom and pasta dish. Decadent, filling, and so flavorful. All in all, the food was spectacular and the service was great (although we had to wait a bit because as they were taking us to the table, they realized it wasn't set up). The place is small and in need of an upgrade/remodel, but we will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulcoastaldoryDined on 6/21/2014Food was very good! Nice drink specials - try the raspberry martini! Good Service, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Tasty Fresh!ccdgoalieDined on 6/19/2014The food was fantastic and the waitress was great. A truly nice experience for a date :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- olive oil Latin herbs with breadLatinSnapperDined on 6/19/2014The flash fried whole Snapper was great! Don't shy away from eating the Snapper's skin, eyeballs, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Jacksonville Gem!CiscoDined on 6/17/2014One of the top three restaurants in Jacksonville. We have never even had an average meal here. If I could afford it I would go once a week ...at least! I wish they would bring back the monthly country of the month they had a few years ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentyumyumVIPDined on 6/16/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner, and liked so many of the specials that we combined them to do a sort of tasting. The French onion soup was the best I've ever had. Imagine conch Johnny cakes! YUM! All dishes had creative influences, including a lamb dish with perfect Greek accompaniments. Wine was delicious, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJaxbeachessDined on 6/14/2014Great place to enjoy dinner with friends. Plenty to pick from for both food and drinks. We had several apps and enjoyed the variaty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We relished our returnhaffbackVIPDined on 6/14/2014As non Florida residents we used Open Table to find seafood restaurants near the beach. Ocean 60 was a great find on 5/27, and we came back on 6/14 for the special mussels dish that the chef has created. Our server was knowledgeable of the wine list and helped us select a dry New Zealand sauvignon blanc over a California version. We'll likely be back a few more times before leaving the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFanaticDined on 6/13/2014We absolutely loved this restaurant! The small bar in the restaurant served up delicious martinis and the dinner was nothing short of amazing! Can't believe it's been here for 13 years and this was our first visit! We will be returning...often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food!flgirlVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our first visit to Ocean 60 and it definitely won't be our last! Jeremy was our server who was attentive, knowledge about the menu, and friendly. Along with the great service the food was fresh and inventive for our eclectic palates. Great chef! Here is what we tried: The Brussels Sprouts (I am still dreaming about them, amazing!), the Goddess Salad, The tomato bisque soup, and the chippino (That was outstanding!) Make a reservation and go go go, you will love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.