60 Ocean Boulevard
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ocean60.com/
- Phone: 9042470060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Martini Bar open until....
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Daniel Groshell
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our Specialty is providing Top Quality Catering and Event Services while providing a Unique and Personalized Experience for each Client. Food Design, Personalized Service and Artistic Interpretation is What sets us Apart. Experienced Martini Bartenders and Experienced Service Staff with an On site Coordinator and Supervisor Available at All Times.
Corporate Luncheons, Corporate Meetings, Special Corporate Events, Rehearsal Dinners, Receptions and all other events are welcome.
- Private Party Facilities: Ocean 60 is unique as it provides two establishments in one. We have a formal dining room with a Wine Bar that can also be utilized as a private event space holding up to 55 guests, and/or adjacent through a doorway, we have a Martini Room with a Full Bar with Dark imported balinese style furniture which can also be utilized as a private room holding up to 60 guests and provides a more casual but classy amibance. We also offer entire restaurant buyout for private events as well, which would incorporate both rooms providing a total space for up to 100 guests. Since we are Chef Owned & Operated, there is much flexibility in what we can offer. We also can open during daytime hours for any Private event.
- Private Party Contact: Mariela Groshell 9042470060
- Entertainment: Ocean 60 supports local musicians and features live music in the Martini Room throughout the week with a variety of styles, mainly specializing in live Jazz and Latin Jazz styles. Our Monthly music calendar is available on our website. We also feature special guest performances and touring musicians such as Sultry Swing Jazz and Bossa Nova styles to name a few.
- Special Events: Specializing in providing a one of a kind experience for any event!
- Cross Street: Atlantic Boulevard
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Atlantic Beach is a quaint beach community and has street parking all along the beach strip. There is also a public lot located one block from the restaurant that provides paid parking options. If you pay to park, bring receipt and we will be happy to take it off of your dinner bill. Access to parking is all around the restaurant in many public areas and within walking distance.
A word from Ocean 60
Fresh Continental Cuisine with a Tropical Flair best describes Ocean 60. Creating two Establishments in One, you can dine in the Main Dining Room for a more intimate evening or the Martini Lounge for a more casual experience. Local artist, Enrique Mora displays his vibrant paintings on the wall. Located one half block to the Ocean and across from a Resort Hotel, Ocean 60 has something for everyone from a Full Bar Specializing in Martinis and offering Live Music as well as a Quaint Wine Bar in the Dining Room for that intimate feel.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ocean 60 - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville Beach ›
Ocean 60 reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (68)special occasion (66)romantic (41)vibrant bar scene (39)notable wine list (23)good for groups (23)hot spot (23)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (9)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (1)Show More
- KyleVIPDined on 10/18/2014I was a bit disappointed that after speaking to the manager to assure a nice celebration for my husband's 60th birthday that the only acknowledgement was a line at the top of our menu's saying "Happy 60th Birthday". Nothing from our waiter, no glass of champagne or free dessert, nothing. We did enjoy a very nice meal and our waiter was very helpful with our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for surf AND turf!TomNinaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Even though we came here intending to have seafood, the ribeye and prime rib just looked too good to pass up. We were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014Great food and service. The noise level is unacceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceYummyDined on 10/10/2014I was there for my 50th birthday and the food was great but the service was outstanding. I was give a free slice of cheesecake that was so tasty.😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are Regulars at Ocean 60BeckiePDined on 10/4/2014We love this restaurant and have always had a great experience...until last Saturday. We arrived at 6:30 and had dinner, everything fabulous as usual. We decided to order dessert and coffee. (2 of our selections were not available... and it was only 7:30 and not crowded. That was disappointing. But we will be back.Special Features:
- Great placesarguy64Dined on 10/3/2014I would consider this place to be a great fine for anyone local are coming from out of town. The food,the service and the fact that it's right downtown Atlantic Beach makes it a prime location for a good night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfied customercustomer4lifeDined on 9/29/2014everyone is always so friendly my waiter was always there when I needed him I never had to look for him. The food is always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014The food was excellent and service fabulous. Very friendly place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantVauclusianDined on 9/22/2014An enjoyable evening meal. Will come back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodl & ServiceboomerVIPDined on 9/19/2014The staff was very amicable. The food was delicious and the service was excellent as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Went there for the first time celebrating my husbands birthday. Walked in and greeted by the very polite hostess and asked if we could have a drink at the bar first even though our reservation was at the time we arrived and she gladly accommodated our request and showed us to the lounge area whew we were taken great care of by the bartender who was very friendly and will definitely be back to see him. We then walked back to the dining room side and our table perfectly by the window was all set up for us. Being a F&B person my whole life the special touch was wonderful they even had special menus printed with happy birthday at the top! The whole experience, food, service and management exceeded my expectations! We will be back for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ocean 60Sanns75Dined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The fish was very fresh. We were able to pick a different starch for our meal. Happy Hour is until 7:30 we able to get our drinks at a special price.Special Features:
- Glad we returned!!okdebDined on 9/12/2014It had been years since we dined at Ocean 60, not because we did not like it. . . . just had not returned. I am happy to report we are so very glad we returned. A wonderful meal, with delicious fresh food, and excellent service. Other than the noise level, our dinner was superb!Special Features:
- great seafoodpaulajeanVIPDined on 9/10/2014We enjoyed an excellent meal and also had great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small portions and High pricing.DineNoutDined on 9/6/2014The food was good, but the portions of meat were very small; plate was covered mostly with vegetables. Environment was way too noisy, could not sit across spouse and hear her, had to sit 2 feet next to her to have a conversation. Food took 35 minutes to serve after the order was placed. Do not plan on going back or would not recommend the restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Always deliversPatrickDined on 9/1/2014Ocean 60 consistently delivers in providing outstanding American cuisine with gourmet preparation and presentation. You eat with your eyes first, and everything is beautifully executed. The smell and taste follow right behind and everything is delicious. My favorite items are always the fish or steak special, so no matter what mood you are in, they can please you and the rest of your party simultaneously. It was too hot for soup, but when it cools off they always have something that's hard to resist. We enjoyed splitting a wedge salad with a delicious vinaigrette that was light and balanced between sweet and tangy. On occasion they have really great live music from Chris Thomas making a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unusual experiencePickyEatersVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was unusually bland. Will give them another chance since it is one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMikeeatsDined on 8/27/2014We love the food at Ocean 60 and the service, provided by Matt, was excellent. My one gripe about Ocean 60, and it has happened more than once, is that the assignment of tables when you come in with a reservation, is a mystery and a disappointment. We went on my wife's birthday, a Wednesday, and had reservations for at least 1 week. When we came in, at 6:30pm, we were told, even though the restaurant was virtually empty, that only 2 tables were available. We accepted this and sat down and the food was great. We noted that a table we would have much preferred to the one we had was still empty and was empty when we left! I will probably go again but there is something I am missing in how they assign tables. Matt is a great server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFredDined on 8/16/2014The food is always great, the staff is friendly and helpful. Never disappointed - oh and leave room for desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for intimate dinnerNoisyDined on 8/15/2014Ocean 60 separates their active and fun bar scene from the restaurant. This floor plan allows for a nice intimate dinner with excellent food and service. After dinner, walk next door into the lounge and enjoy a beachy bar scene that fits well into the festive atmosphere of ocean front relaxation.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Even though parking was crazy, the resturant was great. Food was amazing and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant@ BeachesRESTAURANTPOLICEDined on 8/13/2014Thanks again for wonderful service and delicious food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great wait staffLadyRestaurantDined on 8/13/2014I always enjoy our meals at Ocean 60. Living around the corner, it's one of our favorite restaurants. You need a reservation, and make yours early in the evening. It takes the kitchen about an hour and a half to two hours to get your food out to you, so our average time there is at least three hours. However, the food is always fresh, interesting, well presented, and a notch above everything else around. The staff is friendly, the drinks are great. Don't miss the happy hour that goes until 7 pm for $5 martinis. It's wonderful for a special occasion or when you have friends you want to spend a lot of time with. Food is really, really great. Worth the wait.Special Features:
- always greatUnhappyVIPDined on 8/13/2014This was our second visit and will always return when in the area. Food is excellent and presentations wonderful. Our waiter was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCETHECOACHDined on 8/9/2014APPETIZER--EGGPLANT TOWER--OK BUT TOO SMALL TO SHARE ENTREE--#1 SURF AND TURF--IMPOSSIBLY TOUGH AND OVER-COOKED HANGER STEAK. ENTREE #2 SOFT SHELL CRAB VERY SMALL PORTION SALAD VERY SMALL PORTION AND TOO EXPENSIVE OVERALL COST WAS FAR TOO EXPENSIVE ($80 )FOR THE MEAL--SMALL PORTIONS WITH NO DESSERT AND NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IIN ADDITION ALTHOUGH NOT CROWDED THE SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW--WAITER APOLOGIZED FOR THE LONG DELAYS FOOD APPARENTLY SAT IN THE KITCHEN TOO LONG AND WAS BARELY WARM WHEN FINALLY SERVED NOTE: UPON OUR COMPLAINT, MANAGER REPLACED SURF AND TURF WITH SHRIMP SCAMPI
- Wonderful PlaceFoodLoverDined on 8/8/2014Great food. Great service. Great place! Nice wine selection. Creative food menu. I really loved that every waiter/waitress was helpful. Not just the one serving our table. Will plan on going again in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW.FloridafamilyfoodieDined on 8/8/2014So my husband and I went for our wedding anniversary and we were warmly greeted by Matt with 2 complimentary glasses of champagne with fruit. We started with a cheese platter that was absolutely delicious. For dinner my husband had the Thai Chicken and I indulged in a wonderful ribeye. Omg is all I can say. Matt was so attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu. He made our experience wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service, atmosphereneptunegurlDined on 8/8/2014Perfect in every way. Four courses, wonderful service by Matt, can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The service and food were excellent. They have an extensive drink menu, however, the food selections aren't as vast but what we ordered was delicious.
- jaxvlDined on 7/28/2014We had a wonderful meal...the meatloaf was truly memorable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014The fish was dry and the salad boring. Noise level was too loud. Of course, parking is difficult
- excellentluv2eatDined on 7/25/2014very good menu, excellent wine selection, great service, vibrant atmosphere. High recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LMloveditLMloveditDined on 7/23/2014I, as well as my guests who were attending for the first time, enjoyed our meal thoroughly -- We stay at One Ocean all the time (from Jax) and we love coming to Ocean 60Special Features:
- Wow!DocZDined on 7/21/2014From the bread and herbed oil at the beginning of the meal all the way through the dessert, everything was WOW! Whoever the chef is there knows how to combine flavors to create an exquisite dining experience! We were completely happy with everything. And when the meal was over, we stroll a very short distance to enjoy a walk along the ocean front. This is a restaurant that serves amazingly good food!Special Features:
- Liked it but music too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Without the music and tables too close to the bar we would have liked it more. We kept getting bumped into by the people at the bar near our dining table (make those bar tables and you are fine). That along with the loud music made an elegant dinner a trip to an expensive Fridays!! Sorry. really great food and service just venue too loud and busy for decent dining
- Good As AlwaysdineoutdinahDined on 7/19/2014We always know we will have a good meal in an enjoyable atmosphere with good service - and that was the case again last Saturday night. We brought guests who had not dined at Ocean 60 before - so they were happy to add Ocean 60 to their list. We had a very pleasant experience with your host, as well - as when we arrived we were first offered a table in the bar - but I knew we would prefer a little quieter location with our guests - so I asked if we could be seated in the main dining room - and we were graciously seated at a lovely table. we were on our way to the theater and the staff also made sure we got prompt service - but were not in any way rushed. so thanks again - lovely evening..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent overallMap1714Dined on 7/11/2014Great service, great food, eclectic menu, wine and drinks choices are excellent. We have had dinners for four and up to fifteen and the service is always superb.Special Features:
- Awesome!LadyD13VIPDined on 7/10/2014Took business clients here for a late dinner...food was awesome, service was great and loved the live music. Delicious calamari and awesome scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous findSpeechlessDined on 7/9/2014Oceans 60 is a gem. We travel often, & enjoy fine local dining. Oceans 60 was highly recommended by several Friends. We had a 6:30 p.m. Reservation and were seated immediately. It was Happy Hour and we sampled several of their martini's. We selected appetizers; calamari, scallops, and their amazing brussel sprouts. We selected the freshest fish of the day, shrimp diablo, and whole red snapper. Each bite was piping hot, and the Flavor extraordinary. A must do every time we are in Atlantic Beach, Fl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A deliciously good timeBigkeeksDined on 7/4/2014My girlfriend and I stopped here for dinner on 4th of July, and they ran a special holiday menu. My girlfriend is very picky, and I will eat just about anything. The menu was perfect cuz she was able to get a nice ribeye while I got the pecan crusted scallops. Everything was absolutely delicious! We each had a cocktail from the bar before dinner, their maple manhattan was a great choice, sweet and strong. And then with our meals we each had a glass of wine. The bartender let her taste a couple of whites and he was very knowledgable and friendly. All in all we had a great night for around $120. I will definitely be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.