235 Ferry St
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ocean235.com/
- Phone: 6105597211x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
CLOSED: Sunday - Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Enjoy tapas and nouveau American cuisine in a sultry and sleek setting. OCEAN offers a variety of dining options ranging from a large communal table to a lower level lounge complete with a private bar.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining Coordinator 8888406475
A word from Ocean 235
Dining at Ocean has been described as, "A unique experience that touches all the senses." Enjoy tapas and nouveau American cuisine in a sultry and sleek setting. Choose from a large communal table and group tables on the main level or our lower-level lounge complete with a private bar. Please join us for daily happy hour from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm at our main level bar. We are now offering half price bottles of select wines every Tuesday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ocean 235 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food and serviceDontgooutenoughDined on 2/15/2014Always enjoy the visit to Ocean! It's hard to call what the do "service" because it's so personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On Gluten Free OfferingsGlutenFreeGrlDined on 2/14/2014I was pleased to find that the protein dishes could mostly be made/already were gluten free. The duck was well cooked. I wasn't a fan of the sauce, but it was fancy and beautiful. My date did not require a gluten free plate and loved his gnochi with shrimp. He described it as fresh and tastey. Love the atmosphere! We had a cushiony booth with a possibly hand carved wooden table. High scale and laid back? Yes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but poor table planningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014Been here before and would go back again. Food is great and usual table service is also great. However this should be noted after dining this past Saturday night. Even though I made a reservation through OpenTable early the week ahead, arrived for reservation and was told it would be an additional 15-20 minutes to be seated. While this is not typical, I tried to be understanding. Another person came in while waiting by the door and the hostess dismissed them telling them that the restaurant was booked for the night. The person stated they just went on opentable and it was filled with vacant reservations. While I waited I decided to check and this was indeed true. They really need to properly plan and communicate on reservation availSpecial Features:
- You better go...GkienzDined on 2/1/2014Have visited Ocean before and finally got back there with a group of friends. The food, service and atmosphere were all excellent. We tried a number of small plates and dinners with no one being disappointed. It should not be missed if you are eating in Easton. Recommended wines were unique and matched well with our food.Special Features:
- Excellent in Every WayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014A local favorite. Brought two out of town friends this evening - one a definite foodie. Meals were wonderful. Service was exceptional. Evening was great. Excellent in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!MaryDined on 1/24/2014Ocean is one of our favorite restaurants. It is a little pricey; we don't mind because the food is always so good. The service is very good & the manager/owner is always so friendly and makes sure you are satisfied.Special Features:
- Fell Short of ExpectationstasterschoiceDined on 1/22/2014I dined at Ocean last September and the experience was amazing. The duck and lobster mac were amazing (although I'm not so sure about using orzo for mac, but that's just my preference. Maybe cavatappi?) I'm hoping it was a restaurant week rush/scramble but the food was not nearly as good as it was the first time. Crab cake was good, lobster bisque was meh - a bit bitter and tasted burnt, seems like it was just ground up lobster shells/heads with a hit of cream and maybe some stock, the "Crispy Chicken" skin was hardly crisp, a bit soggy actually but had good flavor.
- Good food, but that's it.NJGirlDined on 1/18/2014The food was good, but expensive. We had lousy seats by the door and had tables about 6 inches from us on either side (it's a bench seat on one side that is shared by all the tables with chairs on the other side). Candles were LED, which is lame. Bill was $90 before tip for 2 drinks each, 2 dinners, and 1 biqsue. Mixed drinks weren't very good. And the martini was kinda warm. Would not return.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in EastonLuv2eatDined on 1/17/2014This is by far the best restaurant in Easton. The food is absolutely amazing. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Night!2ndchancesDined on 1/14/2014I loved the incredibly warm romantic feel of this place - quite and subtle. Crabcakes were ever do delicious and the seared salmon was absolutely amazing. So many choices of desserts we had a hard time deciding. I look foward to returing to try other entrees. Service exceeded our expectations and the prices were affordable. You are missing out on a romantic evening with excellent food and great service if you do not visit Ocean.Special Features:
- Food and Service AmazinglovefoodDined on 1/14/2014The food and service was amazing!!! Little pricey but so worth it. Best salmon I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealDEVODined on 1/11/2014The Easton restaurant scene is exploding with new restaurants opening every month. Ocean 235 is up to the challenge from these new comers and always provides a solid dining experience. Evidently, we're not the only ones who feel this way, the place was packed on our most recent Saturday night visit. Don't miss this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third time backWinesnobDined on 1/10/2014This was our third time back to Ocean 235, and I can honestly say it gets Better with each visit. For some reasons our portions appeared bigger and more satisfying as compared to our first visit just over one year ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern atmosphereMulticulti9Dined on 1/10/2014It was my first time. My husband I really liked it. Very modern interior and great Food.The combination of food was different than any other places. If you like something different, you will love this place. We just moved here from the south. I am glad to find a nice restaurant like this. See you soon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Always greeted as someone that is known from repeat visits. Never had anything I did not like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood and MoreGreyhoundDined on 12/31/2013Of all the wonderful Easton restaurants, Ocean remains my favorite. Attention to detail in all categories, friendliness of staff, superb drinks and awesome food puts this restaurant right up there with the best NYC has to offer. For those who want food specifics, the calamari, ahi tuna in any way that they serve it and the rack of lamb can not be beat. Even on New Year's Eve and a full house, the noise level was moderate because of the lack of large groups whooping it up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/28/2013Wifey and I are in our mid-30s and barely ever get to go out. With 3 little ones at home, we're lucky if we have a "date night" once every 6 months. We know we wouldn't go wrong with "ocean" Great menu, excellent quality, and the ambiance of an upscale Manhattan Resturant. Prices are reasonable given the tremendous quality. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AN EASTON GEMbestinshownumber1Dined on 12/27/2013WE HAVE BEEN THERE SEVERAL TIMES AND ARE NEVER DISAPPOINTED WITH THE QUALITY AND PEFORMANCE OF THE STAFF AND FOOD... THIS RESTAURANT SHOULD RANK AT LEAST A 4 STAR RESTURANT IF NOT 5.... I AM ALWAYS EXCITED TO VISIT WITH NO HESITATION TO THROW OUT THE OCEAN NAME WHEN ASKED FOR A GOOD RESTAURANT IN THE AREA... STAFF IS TOP NOTCH INCLUDING DEVON HER ASSISTANTS AND OWNER CHIP.. THEY EVEN HAVE READING GLASSES FOR THOSE WHO HAVE FORGOTTEN TO BRING THEIR OWN! WHAT AN AMAZING EATERY.... THERE CALAMARI IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER TASTED. IF YOU WANT A GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2013Had Christmas Eve dinner there. The mussels carbonara appetizer and the plum glazed cod entree were out of this world! Can't wait to go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely SuperbsilverspoonDined on 12/24/2013We love Ocean. We have been there numerous times and the total dining experience is superb from appetizers to dessert. Prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is fitting for many different occasions. The manager and staff are wonderful. We would highly recommend Ocean as a dining destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!!PrimDined on 12/21/2013There were 4 in our party and we all ordered different apps and entrees........and everyone was totally happy! The food was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was like a NYC crowd......trendy and classy!! Cannot wait to go back!! Service was excellent also. Very pleasant and had recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Place!JeepDvaDined on 12/20/2013Besides the great food & ambiance, every time I visit Ocean 235, the customer service has been outstanding! The owner walks around and chats with patrons, making sure all is well & My FAVORITE server, Nate, is always asuring a fun experience!!Special Features:
- Unique dinner!BethanneDined on 12/19/2013We completely enjoyed or dinner, stepping outside our norms. We split 4 " small plates " to try a number of things. Rabbit pot pie...with pumpkin gnocchi, a meatball dish on toast points, a crab cake, and a modern Mac and cheese with orzo and Guerre cheese. Every bite was wonderful. We tried a New Zealand wine..also fantastic. The interior atmosphere is small...a converted row building neighborhood in the historic area.....but modern with cool glass panels that did feel ocean like. A great spot for grownups who want to try something a little outside of chicken Marsala.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2013I have never had a bad experience at Ocean. The food is outstanding. As a former Chef I look for "something different" when dining out, and Ocean is above ordinary. They put a spin on the average that makes this one of my top 2 restaurants in the Lehigh Valley. Friendly staff,attentive but not so much as to be a bother. I would recommend for either an intimate dinner for 2 or group outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Ocean! Best bartenderBecaballVIPDined on 12/18/2013Good is always fresh and delicious. Great drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.themanatthenexttableDined on 12/18/2013Food varied from pretty good to very good (rabbit pot pie). Wines good, although $12 a glass is a lot to us. We spent the whole time being unable to avoid hearing a loud man 18 inches away go on and on about his resentments about division of an inheritance. To us that quailfied as too noisy.
- This was our 1st visit toniteoutDined on 12/7/2013This was our 1st visit to this restaurant. We were celebrating our anniversary, so we were a little put off by the noise level when we walked through the door. However, our seats were fine and the staff was attentive. Our wine selection was delightful. As our meals unfolded the evening just got better. The short ribs just melted in the mouth and the risotto, under the diver scallops, was creamy and luscious as risotto should be, but rarely is. I would recommend this restaurant and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner in EastonEmmausfoodieDined on 12/6/2013Fun and creative menu. The booths are cozy and the dimmer lighting adds to a romantic night out with your special someone. Food is always top notch both in taste and appearance. My fiance loves the Ocean lemonade, but be warned that it is a strong beverage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!LeroyDined on 12/5/2013This was our second visit to Ocean and this time we tried the entree instead of a selection of small plates. The food was fabulous with such a depth of flavors in each entree. The scallops with risotto was excellent and the duck confit gnocchi was wonderful. My wife took home a portion of the duck entree for lunch the next day. This will be one of our favorite special occasion restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place never disappoints.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013This place never disappoints. Top notch service, food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent-my companionJR4foodDined on 11/30/2013Food was excellent-my companion and I both had the salmon which was delicious. I would try something else next time. Service was great-waitress was terrific and timing was great. Overall definitely a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/30/2013Hadn't been to Ocean in at least six months yet was recognized upon arrival, by the waitress and the general manager. Food was truly delicious. Drinks were unique and excellent. A super evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After beating Lehigh!!LoriDined on 11/23/2013We celebrated with a large group of family and friends after winning the Lafayette/Lehigh 149th rivalry football game. Staff was friendly and accommodating and the service was excellent. The food was superb and our beef eaters were pleased to see the menu held some great entrees as well. This restaurant has become one of our new favorites and we will be visiting the next time we return to Easton and Lafayette.Special Features:
- Another great mealPhilDined on 11/23/2013This was our 3rd time to Ocean. Each time the food has been excellent - fish, fowl or beef. On a Saturday night, the noise levels were up in a very busy but small space. However, the wait staff was attentive and helpful. One of our group is fish should be over-cooked fanatic - the salmon was cooked to perfection. Definitively one of our favorites in our backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EnergyalzeisloDined on 11/22/2013Went on a Friday night for dinner with my husband. Waited a little for our reservation, but the hostess was very helpful to find us space at the bar to relax while we waited. Server was new but very good. Food came out very fast and tasted great. Wish the Martini menu described the selections and not just the names of the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoriteTrudes57Dined on 11/21/2013I don't get to Ocean as often since I moved farther away, but I will have to make it a point to get back more often. Everyone in our party had a different entrée and we were all very pleased with our meals. The short ribs were perfectly cooked, lean, boneless, and very tasty and the medium rare filet was cooked perfectly and had an excellent flavor. The tuna entrée was excellent as well. The restaurant offers excellent service. In fact, it was very busy for a week night as there was a show in town, and the meals were served very promptly to accommodate our schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceEvedinerVIPDined on 11/16/2013Food was excellent and the server Nate was extremely helpful. Duck confit gnocchi tuna tartare and hit wings were all excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small slice of HeavenFoodguruDined on 11/16/2013Wonderful atmosphere. Variety of choices. Shared all entrees and appetizers with friends and not disappointed with anything I fact everything delicious and cooked to perfection. Will definately come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so it happenedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013I was at Ocean's Restaurant on Friday, November 15, 2013 to have dinner with a friend. I ordered a beer. While drinking my beer I cut my lip because the glass was broken. The owner was very polite about the situation by buying me another beer. If this was my restaurant or if I was the manager, I would have offered the meal free or 1/2 off. But I realize this is a small restaurant so they really couldn't and I did understand. Just thought this would have been more reasonable. I would return to this restaurant because this is one of my favorites. "SO IT HAPPENED" ;-)Special Features:
- Excellent birthday dinnerJzzdancerDined on 11/9/2013Took my parents for my mom's birthday and we had an outstanding time. Certainly pricier menu, but we got entrees and drinks, so it wasn't pricier than I expected. We had the tuna - cooked perfectly, melted in my mouth and flavors were delicious, the scallops - also cooked perfectly (which isn't common for scallops) and the sauce was really special, and the salmon - again, just right with melt in your mouth, buttery amazingness. We shared the calamari, which I agree was delicious and much fresher tasting than other places to normally serve calari, but it was also really greasy and heavier than I expected. The spicy bbq sauce it's served with was really terrific, though. Overall, a great and special experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.