O'Brien's Irish Pub
134 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
O'Brien's Irish Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.obriensnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123911516
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Music every Wednesday through Sunday A mixture of Rock n Roll, Irish Ballads and Chart Hits. Sunday is Live Traditional Irish Music.
A word from O'Brien's Irish Pub
Two Floors, Two Bars, One Great Irish Pub....O’Brien's in the Heart of Time Square is not your typical Irish Pub. Come in to enjoy our warm, cozy atmosphere with Good Pub Fare and a friendly welcome for everyone. "The Sin Bin", our upstairs restaurant and party room, which is available for Private Events, also has an outdoor balcony where you can enjoy the entire atmosphere that Time Square can throw at you. TV's for every sporting occasion, Live Music 5 nights a week, a cold beer in your hand and good food to fill any appetite, you can't go wrong here at O'Brien's Irish Pub & Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O'Brien's Irish Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Best burger!Fuzzysox123Dined on 6/14/2014We picked this restaurant at random from a list given to us by the tour group we travelled with. What a find! We were a group of five. Three of us had the O'Brien burger, two had the turkey club. The beef in the burger was exceptionally tasty. The cheese was delicious and the Limerick bacon was something we had never eaten before but very flavorful. Those eating the turkey club were very happy with it. I can't comment more on that since I did not taste it. The portions were large so no room for dessert! The service was just right. We definitely would eat lunch here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the O'Brien's Irish Pub reviews archive.
- Bar scene, good foodGB05Dined on 5/9/2014Great food, good service. I was in a rush and I was served my food within twenty minutes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not GoJudiVIPDined on 5/7/2014Entered and sent to dine upstairs and told we couldn't as other couple joining us needed elevator. Then they moved us to the front by the open window/doors. It was chilly and we asked if they could close the door and was told no. Then the music above our head was blaring and we asked if they could turn it down and again told no. They are not customer friendly and would never go back
- AverageAndreaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Average pub in the city, decent food, and pretty good service. I has made a reservation on opens table, but no one knew how to check me in. I was concerned that it would flag my account if someone didn't compete the check in, but the manager came through, sat at the bar upstairs and the bartender was excellent!Special Features:
- Good food - but very noisyJay7Dined on 3/18/2014The food was excellent - like good home cooking. The service was ok - but not energetic. The bar, which is most of the restaurant is too vibrant for us. We could not talk to each other because of the music, TV's, and large crowds around the bar who have had a few. The language around the bar was excessively sprinkled with four letter words. NOT for children. The staff ignored the colorful language. It felt like a scene out of the movie, 4th of July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall this restaurant isSusanDined on 2/1/2014Overall this restaurant is really just a bar. It was filled with drunken people the night before the Super Bowl. We stupidly brought our children and it is not a place for kids or Tweens. We had to squeeze through the crowded bar to get to and from the restaurant upstairs. The upstairs smelled like smoke during our dinner as we had what I thought was a decent table by the balcony but it was a smoking balcony! Then we smelled the odor of marijuana waft in from outside!! Enough said!Special Features:
- Friendly but slowGingerDined on 1/24/2014Overall we had a good time here. Went with a group of friends to eat, drink and chat. The bar is really nice and has a friendly feel. The staff was very nice too. My only complaint is that service was very slow. It could have been because there was a private party going on upstairs. Who knows. I intend to go back some other time. Will update my review then.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a reservation for sevenJeannineDined on 12/13/2013I had a reservation for seven o'clock and our table was ready! Thanks goodness as we had a large group of twelve. It was great at O'Brien's Irish Pub. We had a private alcove upstairs. Great for the three little ones that we had with us. So happy I had this reservation. The food was excellent and reasonably priced...I will go back again. Shepards pie was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good Atmosphere wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/29/2013Food was good Atmosphere was fun. We ate in the main bar area on the main level. Then we went upstairs for an after dinner drink at the bar upstairs. EnjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place before theaterBarbarafhVIPDined on 7/26/2013great place for a burger before theater. Sat upstairs, so noise level was good. Waitress couldn't have been nicer, although our salads never came. Wouldn't break your pocketbook either.
- Decent FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013It is a bar and not a restaurant at all. It had decent food, but poor service. Everything was decently priced though.
- We were fortunate to get aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2013We were fortunate to get a reservation for 12 at O'Brien's in its upstairs level for St. Patrick's Day as that day is probably the busiest of the year for restaurants and bars in Manhattan. The service was very attentive, the food was great for its type that day and our group had a terrific time. We definitely would go back again, especially for a group celebration.Special Features:
- Open Table, what's that?mc4bbsVIPDined on 2/27/2013Good food, but the staff is completely unaware of Open Table.Special Features:
- We were looking for an inexpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/16/2012We were looking for an inexpensive place to spend time with some friends during this holiday season. The décor is what you expect from a New York pub. The food was adequate but pubs are not usually known for having the fineness cuisine. I had a Grilled Chicken Sandwich and washed it down with some Gin & Tonics. The service was just OK. Not a very memorable experience but not a terrible one.Special Features:
- Nothing Irish about the Pub!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012This is not an Irish Pub! I did not see one Irish person working in restaurant or behind the bar. I made the reservation on Open Table - when I called the restaurant to advise that we would be a few minutes late - I was advised that they do not accept reservation. When I complained -they accommodate the party - in hindsight, I wish they hadn't. The food was nothing special - all fried & mass produced. It was a disappointment.
- It fits the bill. One of manyWarren47VIPDined on 11/21/2012It fits the bill. One of many Irish theamed bars in mid town where one can get a good burger, a beer, a sports event on TV and conversation should you desire it.
- Not good... not bad...HappyVIPDined on 9/9/2012Not the best of the midtown Irish pubs... however, it is not the worse either.. There is nothing wrong with the food, nor the service. It is an uninspired menu with little options. Seems to be a standard menu for those who believe they are getting Irish pub grub and only end up with some poor American uninspired immintation.
- great place in the theaterJRJRDined on 7/13/2012great place in the theater district, good food, good selection, nice peopleSpecial Features:
- O'Brien's Irish Pub was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2012O'Brien's Irish Pub was fine for what we wanted - not a formal dinner before the theatre. It was very noisy but that was to be expected on a Friday night. The service was very good and the server was very pleasant. She came to our table to check that we had everything we needed even though she was very busy because the upstairs dining room was packed. I would recommend O'Brien's.Special Features:
- Comfort food - Good GuinnessOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2012We were just looking for a quick bite before a show, and we weren't looking for anything special. O'Brien's pours a good Guinness and our meals were fine - comfort food nothing memorable per se.
- Nice Irish PubOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2012Pretty much what you would expect from an Irish Pub. Food and Beer were very good, the atmosphere was friendly and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Our recent visit was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012Our recent visit was great. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. If I lived in NYC I imagine I would visit O'Brien's frequently.Special Features:
- Went after the SUnday matinee.Sue2YouDined on 2/19/2012Went after the SUnday matinee. Not too crowded, quiet upstairs, two piece band playing downstairs. Food was good, nice variety
- Reliable, consistent and occasionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Reliable, consistent and occasionally inventive menu items.
- Guinness was chilled. So waslilgerryVIPDined on 11/5/2011Guinness was chilled. So was the stew. Sent it back to be warmed up...and I send things back maybe twice a year... and it came back luke warm. Fish & chips ... fish was warm, chips were half warm, half cold. It wasn't busy. It was just bad. Smoking out on the patio... but the door doesnt close right and the smoke gets pretty far into the second floor dining area.
- We had lunch on a rainy dayFoodseekerDined on 8/25/2011We had lunch on a rainy day when there weren't too many customers at the restaurant. Service was very good. The food was decent and of good value based on the price. I had a burger and my friend and a bowl of chili.
- Traditional Irish PubOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2011You know this is an authentic Irish pub when you walk in the door. Everyone that works there has an Irish accent. The menu includes traditional Irish fare. I had the guinness Beef Stew on my last visit for lunch and it was excellent. The other people at my table had the O'Brien's Burger with Irish Cheddar and Limerick Bacon and a Classic corned beef sandwich. The Limerick bacon was lean and had grill marks. It tasted better then it looked and it looked great. The corn beef was very lean and the menu said hot mustard and it had a nice spicy kick to it. Did I mention the Guinness on draft? I had been in before and tried all the appetizers. The Artichoke and Spinach dip and Crabmeat Asiago Gratinee are my favorites. I will be back!Special Features: