Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City
10250 Santa Monica Blvd. #206
Los Angeles, CA 90067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://obika.com/portal/US/en/dove-siamo/restaurant-los-angeles/
- Phone: 3105562452x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Simone Santopietro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full service catering for private occasions and public events. Please contact our Catering Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or see http://www.obika.com for photos and more details.
- Entertainment: AMC movie theater in same Shopping Center
- Special Events: Monthly special dinners based on Italy's regional cuisine and products.
A word from Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City
Obika Mozzarella Bar focuses on using high quality, fresh products. Obika directly imports Mozzarella di Bufala Campana DOP three times a week to be served with other Italian specialties. Obika offers a full Italian wine list and full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City - Best Restaurants in Century City ›
Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (7)notable wine list (6)romantic (4)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- overpriced and under flavoredOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014We arrived after work on a Monday and asked to sit outside. We were told we couldn't because the waiter outside had too many customers. The weather was great and so they should have expected more people to sit outside and put another waiter outside. We were surprised at such a response and a bit upset. They seated us indoors where we were the only ones. I ordered the prosciutto pizza which the waiter recommended - being their most popular. It was served luke warm and didn't have any flavor. I tried the trio sampler for dessert. The Chocolate cake was terrible and tasted like compressed sawdust. My friend's ravioli was such a small portion for the $16. The prices are too expensive and the quality of food is not good. We wouldn't go back.
- I love the cheese!RobinVIPDined on 8/24/2014The mozzarella is really awesome. I always get the classica and the burrata and love it. The trio di pesti--especially the black olive pesto--is excellent, too. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsFoobahVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food served at Obiko never disappoints. We started with bruschetta and I Tagligieri. The I Tagligieri requires well refined taste buds but the bruschetta is always a good choice. We followed with eggplant parmigiana that was delicious and a marguerite pizza that hit the spot. can only wish I had a menu in front of me to help with the spelling of this review.Special Features:
- ExcellentPeteDined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I always share the tasting platter. Great wine and managed by a lovely person. Perfect pre-movie meal.Special Features:
- Good PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014I started with the Cold Organic Tomato Soup. After adding a bit of salt, it was quite tasty. The next course was Pizza Fresca. The crust and cheese on this pizza are among the best I have ever tasted. The service was a little slow, but wait staff is friendly. I will definitely return to Obika.Special Features:
- Perfect lunch meetingFields5Dined on 7/16/2014Perfect getaway on the top floor of a busy mall. Met a business associate for lunch and was the perfect combo of relaxed outdoor dining with amazing food - we stayed and talked for a few and they were very accommodating ....they live up to their name - the cheese is superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian Food !YonirVIPDined on 7/12/2014We dined in Obika Century City last night and enjoyed it very much !! The food was a true gourmet Italian with emphasis on true Italian ingredients. You should go, I guarantee that you'll like it. We are definitely going back!!Special Features:
- Obika is Italian food at its finestOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2014Many people don't realize that one of L.A.'s BEST Italian restaurants is located near the food court at the Century City Mall. Obika IS authentic Italian cooking at its finest. The freshest ingredients. A wine list unlike any other. Desserts that make me want to revisit regularly. Do yourself a favor. Make the trip to Century City Mall. Free validated parking too! Obika is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better in Florence!PickyVIPDined on 6/14/2014One of our faves in Italy. Not the same here. The food was cold and not very good. They were understaffed and The server was overwhelmed. We were hoping for better, since It's right next to the movies. That would have been convenient. It's much better for lunch, though.Special Features:
- Delicious and authenticKettrocVIPDined on 6/14/2014Finally tried Obika - the name had scared me off because I thought there'd be nothing but mozzarella. Not that I don't love mozzarella, but there's only so much you can eat. Turns out the salad was great, the chicken was healthy and light and the mozzarella...yup, it was fresh and you can almost pretend you're in Positano. My new go-to for Century City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MozzarellaRobinVIPDined on 5/17/2014Very pleasant restaurant to sit outside and have a nice lunch. The mozzarella really is the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- The following 291 reviews are from the Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 5/4/2014Excellent selection and combinations of cheese/meat/pastas and wines.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 5/3/2014Delicious DOP mozzarella. Friendly staff. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surpriseojaicutieDined on 4/28/2014Very nice light fare, with excellent mozzerella. Outstanding Italian wines -- great place to go before or after the moviesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mozzarela Ever!steadyDined on 4/23/2014Very good food and service. We enjoyed the mozza tasting and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Vita e Bella!GraceMiloDined on 4/7/2014My favorite restaurant in Century City by far! I die for the burrata.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!!!Carmel123Dined on 4/3/2014Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, and the food was delicious. We enjoyed a few pizzas for the table and ordered a bottle of wine for 50% off. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value in Century CityDavidLVIPDined on 4/3/2014Obikka is a godsend in Westfield Century City Mall. Great food, good value and terrific service. Perfect for befre or after AMC theatre, or for lunch. Staff is so well trained and if you're running late, they can serve an excellent meal in less than an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty but pricey!WendyVIPDined on 3/13/2014The food taste was outstanding but ....... we thought the prices were out of line with most of the portion sizes and given, the location in a shopping mall-- the pricing seemed out of line especially for the pizza, the lasagna, and the salami add-on to the burrata. Only The burrata itself seemed to be priced appropriately for the portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The grand tasting platterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014The grand tasting platter was fine. But, nothing to write home about. Was expecting more food for the cost. And $12 for a well Manhattan. Won't go back.
- An oasis close to home.cookieDined on 3/9/2014What a find! Soooo happy I found it so close to home. You don't expect to see such an elegant place in a mall. Everything was first class. The staff, food and ambiance are first rate. Definitely a place for foodies. A bit pricey, yes, but everything else is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining with flairLadybergVIPDined on 3/9/2014This place is perfect for a nosh before or after a movie or shopping. We were seated on the patio. It was a lovely evening. The service was attentive & friendly. The mozzarella tasting platter was a great way to try a few things. Our party of 3 shared that, a pasta & a side of heirloom tomatoes. It was just enough to take the edge off. The tiramisu was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great servicefromNJDined on 2/13/2014The service was very good. The food was tasty and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terific food and great peopleGaryvDined on 2/9/2014we had prosciutto di San Daniele and prosciutto di Parma, plus mozzarella di bufala e burrata as an appitizer and it was fabulous. wonderful and kind people waiting on us...there were 4 of us and we had a great meal.Special Features:
- Definitely will be back!Love2eatVIPDined on 2/1/2014Don't let the name Okiba fool you. It is a mozzarella bar! The food is good, the service is great and the wine and beer list is all italian, so it is fun to try something different. We like meeting friends there at Century City before a movie for a relaxed dinner, or after, if we want to dine. They also have a patio area for nice nights. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- My husband and I went fordawnDined on 1/29/2014My husband and I went for the Dine LA event. The service was excellent and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fruit FliesSDEaterVIPDined on 1/28/2014My boyfriend and I love this restaurant because it's close and the food and wine are great. The last two times we've dined there though, there have been an odd amount of fruit flies flying around our table. The last time it got so bad we had to move to another table. It seemed OK and then the fruit flies started swarming. There were 6 flying around us! The service was great and everyone was apologetic, it was just so bizarre. I hope they fix the problem because we love this place!
- DineLA brought us here, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2014DineLA brought us here, but the service and food will bring us back. We got a nice taste of a lot of different menu items and everything was very good. The service was a mix of European American. Very warm and friendly in a natural way. I felt like our waiter enjoyed our enjoyment of the food as much as we did (and not just for his tip's sake). But don't go there if you're in a hurry. As in Europe, the meal is meant to be savored and there's no rush to get your food out to you as quickly as possible. It's a bit expensive for the portion sizes, but let's face it, larger portions don't make for better food. This is quality over quantity.Special Features:
- We love Obika - The food isOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/26/2014We love Obika - The food is always amazing and so fresh - I feel like I am in italy - everything is so authenticSpecial Features:
- Great mozzarella and terrific winesDesiDinerDined on 1/25/2014Had a great meal during DineLA week. Burrata sampler was yummy as was my pork dish. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too HOT & a Little BlandOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/25/2014I was really looking forward to this restaurant, but was little disappointed by the end of dinner. The service was perfect. Loved our server!!! My take on the food is this: If you are just going for their mozzarella bar menu, with the cheeses and meats you will enjoy the food (a little pricy, but amazing flavors). If you venture on to a main course, expect some of the food to have little flavor, in need of salt and the pasta to be very, very al dente. Not to the point of raw, but close. My husband had the risotto and said it was spot on. Be prepared if you sit outside in their covered patio that it will be blazing hot and you will want to leave as quickly as possible before you are overcooked, unlike the pasta.
- Good FoodTraciDined on 1/24/2014The mozzerella & burratta sections were amazing. Definitely recommend the truffle salami with the burrata. The pizza was great, but what you would expect. Bread was ok. Service was ok. Would go back because it's convenient and the food is tasty, but more of a casual place, especially since it's in the mallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italy close to home!AlexfamilyVIPDined on 1/10/2014Obika is a wonderful little gem tucked away in Century City Mall. Always great food and service! Truly a little bit of Italy in our backyard!!Special Features:
- Authentic Italy in Century City!MalibuMarcVIPDined on 12/30/2013Raimondo and Alessandra are the best. Obika is an authentic, friendly and seriously delicious Italian restaurant. They set a very high bar for all of the other (mostly chain) restaurants at CC Mall... Obika-LA feels more like a warm, neighborhood treasure (in Milan!). We have been going for years and have always been amazed by the quality of the experience. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service +Great Food=Great ExpWendyVIPDined on 12/27/2013So we stumbled upon Obika at the Century City mall and are so glad we did. Our waiter Michaela (sp?) really went all out to make sure we experience real Italian hospitality and the food reminded me of the REAL Italian food-not the sanitized version one usually encounters in LA. If I went back, would stick to the Mozzarella and other starters-the pizza was good but not as good as the very generous starters. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Cheese such as Burrata Excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/25/2013Cheese such as Burrata Excellent. Eggplant salad wonderful. Nice entrée selections. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was really good,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/20/2013The food was really good, however the service left a lot and effected my dining experience. I was sat at the bar, fine with me, however it took over 9 minutes for anyone to come up to me, and they took the order of someone sat after me first. Then when I did get a server, it took them another 10 minutes to get back to me to place an order. I was very happy with the meal, just not the service, so if you have a while to wait, I would say yes, if you want a normally paced meal, go elsewhere.
- Not good qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/10/2013Poor to Mediocre. How does one make cheese, especially burratta, so blah? I'd love to know how they not only achieved this, but effectively managed to excel at it as well. When I cut open the burratta, there was no creamy center. Seriously, how is this even possible? The bread was stale, all three (small) baskets of it, even the one that allegedly just came out of the oven. The pizzetas were even worse than the cheese. Flat flavor, greasy cheese on a crust that could not begin to stand up. The tomatoes, basil and pesto were also blah. The pesto was also meh. The prosciutto di parma was good and their only saving grace.
- Italy replicated in Century CitysfrefVIPDined on 11/27/2013My wife and I are regular travelers to Italy (at least one trip per year) and we have been to almost all of the Obika Mozzarella Bars in Italy over the past several years. They are simply marvelous. We are pleased to say that the Century City location in the U.S. very authentically replicates the Italian experience in every way - the menus, food quality (both ingredients and finished product), ambiance and service - not an easy feat. Grazie mille! Delizioso! Una vera bonta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what was expectedPeachesDined on 11/22/2013First time dining here, 530 reservation on a friday night. The special white wine, ran out, after one round, so not very special then... the other option given was quite good. The Mozzarella was very good. Best Balsamic Vinegar i've ever had. almost filled up on bread and oil & vinegar. Service was slow, but good, restaurant not very busy while party was there. Sea Bass was poorly filleted (more than 15 bones and half of skin side still had scales.) though cooked amazing, potatoes on dish, were uncooked. One member of table ordered Calzone, did not receive until half the table finished their meals. this is Half praising amazing food. but the rest was sub-par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.