Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City
10250 Santa Monica Blvd. #206
Los Angeles, CA 90067Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://obika.com/portal/US/en/dove-siamo/restaurant-los-angeles/
- Phone: 3105562452x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:45pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Wine Bar, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Simone Santopietro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer full service catering for private occasions and public events. Please contact our Catering Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or see http://www.obika.com for photos and more details.
- Entertainment: AMC movie theater in same Shopping Center
- Special Events: Monthly special dinners based on Italy's regional cuisine and products.
A word from Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City
Obika Mozzarella Bar focuses on using high quality, fresh products. Obika directly imports Mozzarella di Bufala Campana DOP three times a week to be served with other Italian specialties. Obika offers a full Italian wine list and full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City - Best Restaurants in Century City ›
Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (4)special occasion (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- An Original MealPSWeekenderVIPDined on 10/23/2014I never had dinner at a Mozzarella Bar. Have the trio of mozzarella along with some of the side. Bonus on Thursday night was 50% bottle wine. For two of us rather than order two glasses at $16 each we had a lovely bottle of the same wine at $58/2 or $29. The special, the "Nudie" which was essentially the center of a ravioli without the pasta was creative, low carb and rather tasty.Special Features:
- SpunkyMonkeyDined on 9/28/2014Surprisingly disappointing. I took a friend here for her birthday. I had never been to the Century City location, but I frequent the one at the Beverly Center. My friend and I had reservations at another restaurant, but opted to go to Obika as they were starting a brunch menu AND we both LOVE burrata. Well, my friend ordered Eggs Benedict, but they were out of Canadian Bacon/Ham. Um, we arrived at 11:30 a.m. when they opened. This was one of only 4 items on the brunch menu. I opted to get the Burrata Sampler with all three burratas so that my friend could try them. They were out of the smoked burrata---a main item on the menu. Anyway, I doubt I will ever go to this location again though the service and atmosphere were pleasant.
- Great find in a mallyntbomVIPDined on 9/27/2014Thought we would try the little Italian place in the mall/near the theatre. Food was great/service even better. Very good/very convenient.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian FoodfreemaeeDined on 9/27/2014Love this place, not crazy about the location. It can get a bit noisy depending on the day and time, but worth the try. It has become one of my most favorite restaurants for Italian food. Love, love their mozzarella! I can have just that with their amazing wines. The pasta is cooked to perfection, never over cooked, their veggie pizza is my favorite too. Service is great, friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Good food - nice lunchdebbVIPDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed their patio dining this time, and it was lovely! The food at Obika is always great. Got the pizza this time. It looked and smelled wonderful, but the sauce was lacking - tasted watered down. Stick with their pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real ItalianSchincatDined on 9/21/2014The cheeses are so fresh and the pasta is cooked al dente, so it is the best of all worlds. It tastes authentic.Special Features:
- Never a bad mealObikaAddictVIPDined on 9/20/2014I have dined here weekly for the last year and the food is always fresh and delicious. I recommend the prosciutto pizza, lasagna, Branzino, and filet. The mozzarella and heirloom tomatoes are as addictive as cr*ck. This place is truly a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food... nice outdoor seatingShellsVIPDined on 9/19/2014While our service was not the best, the food and ambiance were there. We like the food, and would come back to dine.Special Features:
- such a great findRedFireVIPDined on 9/18/2014and wine list was half off on Thursdays. What?! amazing We got the Buffalo tasting plate with Smoked Salmon...da bomb!Special Features:
- Great business lunch SpotFHEHVIPDined on 9/15/2014Great business lunch spot. Food was great along with the service. Great menu and quick food delivery. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we didn't goOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014And I was chagrined to discover there was no obvious way to cancel the reservation. I thought that was rude of me, but I blame Open Table. I would think that would be something the restaurants would care about.Special Features:
- overpriced and under flavoredLAdinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014We arrived after work on a Monday and asked to sit outside. We were told we couldn't because the waiter outside had too many customers. The weather was great and so they should have expected more people to sit outside and put another waiter outside. We were surprised at such a response and a bit upset. They seated us indoors where we were the only ones. I ordered the prosciutto pizza which the waiter recommended - being their most popular. It was served luke warm and didn't have any flavor. I tried the trio sampler for dessert. The Chocolate cake was terrible and tasted like compressed sawdust. My friend's ravioli was such a small portion for the $16. The prices are too expensive and the quality of food is not good. We wouldn't go back.
- I love the cheese!RobinVIPDined on 8/24/2014The mozzarella is really awesome. I always get the classica and the burrata and love it. The trio di pesti--especially the black olive pesto--is excellent, too. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsFoobahVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food served at Obiko never disappoints. We started with bruschetta and I Tagligieri. The I Tagligieri requires well refined taste buds but the bruschetta is always a good choice. We followed with eggplant parmigiana that was delicious and a marguerite pizza that hit the spot. can only wish I had a menu in front of me to help with the spelling of this review.Special Features:
- ExcellentPeteDined on 8/9/2014My daughter and I always share the tasting platter. Great wine and managed by a lovely person. Perfect pre-movie meal.Special Features:
- Good PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/24/2014I started with the Cold Organic Tomato Soup. After adding a bit of salt, it was quite tasty. The next course was Pizza Fresca. The crust and cheese on this pizza are among the best I have ever tasted. The service was a little slow, but wait staff is friendly. I will definitely return to Obika.Special Features:
- Perfect lunch meetingFields5Dined on 7/16/2014Perfect getaway on the top floor of a busy mall. Met a business associate for lunch and was the perfect combo of relaxed outdoor dining with amazing food - we stayed and talked for a few and they were very accommodating ....they live up to their name - the cheese is superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian Food !YonirVIPDined on 7/12/2014We dined in Obika Century City last night and enjoyed it very much !! The food was a true gourmet Italian with emphasis on true Italian ingredients. You should go, I guarantee that you'll like it. We are definitely going back!!Special Features:
- The following 296 reviews are from the Obika Mozzarella Bar - Century City reviews archive.
- Obika is Italian food at its finestOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/21/2014Many people don't realize that one of L.A.'s BEST Italian restaurants is located near the food court at the Century City Mall. Obika IS authentic Italian cooking at its finest. The freshest ingredients. A wine list unlike any other. Desserts that make me want to revisit regularly. Do yourself a favor. Make the trip to Century City Mall. Free validated parking too! Obika is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better in Florence!PickyVIPDined on 6/14/2014One of our faves in Italy. Not the same here. The food was cold and not very good. They were understaffed and The server was overwhelmed. We were hoping for better, since It's right next to the movies. That would have been convenient. It's much better for lunch, though.Special Features:
- Delicious and authenticKettrocVIPDined on 6/14/2014Finally tried Obika - the name had scared me off because I thought there'd be nothing but mozzarella. Not that I don't love mozzarella, but there's only so much you can eat. Turns out the salad was great, the chicken was healthy and light and the mozzarella...yup, it was fresh and you can almost pretend you're in Positano. My new go-to for Century City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MozzarellaRobinVIPDined on 5/17/2014Very pleasant restaurant to sit outside and have a nice lunch. The mozzarella really is the best I've ever had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/4/2014Excellent selection and combinations of cheese/meat/pastas and wines.Special Features:
- JackVIPDined on 5/3/2014Delicious DOP mozzarella. Friendly staff. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasant surpriseojaicutieDined on 4/28/2014Very nice light fare, with excellent mozzerella. Outstanding Italian wines -- great place to go before or after the moviesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mozzarela Ever!steadyDined on 4/23/2014Very good food and service. We enjoyed the mozza tasting and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Vita e Bella!GraceMiloDined on 4/7/2014My favorite restaurant in Century City by far! I die for the burrata.Special Features:
- Great food and great service!!!Carmel123Dined on 4/3/2014Our server was very knowledgeable about the menu, and the food was delicious. We enjoyed a few pizzas for the table and ordered a bottle of wine for 50% off. Will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value in Century CityDavidLVIPDined on 4/3/2014Obikka is a godsend in Westfield Century City Mall. Great food, good value and terrific service. Perfect for befre or after AMC theatre, or for lunch. Staff is so well trained and if you're running late, they can serve an excellent meal in less than an hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty but pricey!WendyVIPDined on 3/13/2014The food taste was outstanding but ....... we thought the prices were out of line with most of the portion sizes and given, the location in a shopping mall-- the pricing seemed out of line especially for the pizza, the lasagna, and the salami add-on to the burrata. Only The burrata itself seemed to be priced appropriately for the portion size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The grand tasting platterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014The grand tasting platter was fine. But, nothing to write home about. Was expecting more food for the cost. And $12 for a well Manhattan. Won't go back.
- An oasis close to home.cookieDined on 3/9/2014What a find! Soooo happy I found it so close to home. You don't expect to see such an elegant place in a mall. Everything was first class. The staff, food and ambiance are first rate. Definitely a place for foodies. A bit pricey, yes, but everything else is a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual dining with flairLadybergVIPDined on 3/9/2014This place is perfect for a nosh before or after a movie or shopping. We were seated on the patio. It was a lovely evening. The service was attentive & friendly. The mozzarella tasting platter was a great way to try a few things. Our party of 3 shared that, a pasta & a side of heirloom tomatoes. It was just enough to take the edge off. The tiramisu was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with great servicefromNJDined on 2/13/2014The service was very good. The food was tasty and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terific food and great peopleGaryvDined on 2/9/2014we had prosciutto di San Daniele and prosciutto di Parma, plus mozzarella di bufala e burrata as an appitizer and it was fabulous. wonderful and kind people waiting on us...there were 4 of us and we had a great meal.Special Features:
- Definitely will be back!Love2eatVIPDined on 2/1/2014Don't let the name Okiba fool you. It is a mozzarella bar! The food is good, the service is great and the wine and beer list is all italian, so it is fun to try something different. We like meeting friends there at Century City before a movie for a relaxed dinner, or after, if we want to dine. They also have a patio area for nice nights. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- My husband and I went fordawnDined on 1/29/2014My husband and I went for the Dine LA event. The service was excellent and the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fruit FliesSDEaterVIPDined on 1/28/2014My boyfriend and I love this restaurant because it's close and the food and wine are great. The last two times we've dined there though, there have been an odd amount of fruit flies flying around our table. The last time it got so bad we had to move to another table. It seemed OK and then the fruit flies started swarming. There were 6 flying around us! The service was great and everyone was apologetic, it was just so bizarre. I hope they fix the problem because we love this place!
- DineLA brought us here, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2014DineLA brought us here, but the service and food will bring us back. We got a nice taste of a lot of different menu items and everything was very good. The service was a mix of European American. Very warm and friendly in a natural way. I felt like our waiter enjoyed our enjoyment of the food as much as we did (and not just for his tip's sake). But don't go there if you're in a hurry. As in Europe, the meal is meant to be savored and there's no rush to get your food out to you as quickly as possible. It's a bit expensive for the portion sizes, but let's face it, larger portions don't make for better food. This is quality over quantity.Special Features:
- We love Obika - The food isOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/26/2014We love Obika - The food is always amazing and so fresh - I feel like I am in italy - everything is so authenticSpecial Features: