200 SE 15th Rd
Miami, FL 33129Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://obbasushimiami.com/
- Phone: 3058569016x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Walter Zapata
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Obba Sushi
Obba Sushi and More a rapidly growing innovative sushi restaurant offering exclusive dishes and a variety of over 30 original sauces by Argentine Master Chef Walter Zapata. Zapata’s fusion of unique Latin and Japanese Sushi combinations makes this little nook on Brickell’s Bay the local hot spot for Sushi lovers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Obba Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (6)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great find!CesarAntonio63Dined on 8/20/2014Had walked several times in front if it and finally decided to step in, what a great find! Food is very well prepared and crafted, hreat indulgence for the senses. I has to go two nights in a row!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but poor service.DManVIPDined on 8/1/2014They have an eclectic menu with a variety of rolls, appetizers, soups, etc. Their sushi differs from most other spots in Miami. But, the service is slow. Expect to wait awhile for your food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodST9116Dined on 7/26/2014Good food, small place, nice view, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average310LakesideVIPDined on 7/23/2014Sushi not bad but nothing great. Service was adequate. Good standard sushi, but I tend to like more exotic pieces. No uni on the menu and they were out of sweet shrimp. If you like the standard sushi (California rolls, tuna rolls, etc.) it's fine. If you want more variety, there are other places.Special Features:
- Wish there were less kidsanonymousDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant is at the lobby floor of a hotel. As such, there are kids there even at 9 or 10 at night. The place is nice, good food, 7-8 pages of options on the menu, and a scenic view of the ocean. It can be a romantic night out if there weren't kids running around the restaurant so it can be hit or miss if that's the ambiance you're looking for.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGBdimoVIPDined on 6/17/2014Best Sushi I've had in a long time!! Everything was great. Even the rolls that were ok...were really great! Definitely have to try the Obba Sandwich and the Shrimp Tempura Salad! Amazing!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/9/2014We stumbled upon Obba sushi, and were so pleased we did. The food and service was spectacular. Everything was extremely fresh. Lots of choices of different rolls, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Obba Sushi reviews archive.
- Great place.GrtmealDined on 2/14/2014We visited for Valentine's Day and it was a GREAT choice. The sashimi ordered was very fresh. The kitchen food (salmon) was very good also. All of the food was very tasteful and fresh. Dessert was exquisite. The staff was friendly. The location was cozy and although a bit hectic the experience was pleasant. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemorittaDined on 8/31/2013The place was comletely renovated this year but is still very small and tight on the weekends. Food is good and fresh and well presented and not overpriced. I love the spicy tuna and my husband is addicted to the garlic noodle soup. Don't forget the fruit fondue platter for dessert.Special Features:
- Great SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2013Great sushi rolls, very creative chef and very good prices, however, I recommend to ask for the sushi rolls as they get ready because the chefs normally make all of them and brings them at once to the table and when it's busy it can take 30-45 minutes.Special Features:
- Its our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/9/2013After a search on open table for a nice place to go for our 1st year Anniversary, I found this sushi place. After looking at pictures I made a request to sit by the window to have a few of the water. When we got to the restaurant, the waitress greeted us, and sat us at our table which had a reserved sign on the table. As she sat us she said Happy Anniversary. I thought this was very generous of her to actually read my request and remember that detail. The food was great and the presentation was very nice. The crowd was nice there wasn’t kids running around and it was very quiet. I think we will continue to go to this spot for sushi as it was reasonable priced. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi spot We usuallyManny32VIPDined on 1/17/2013Great Sushi spot We usually take out but the food is always delicious. Service was good as well. If you like good sushi thats fresh and dont want to pay The Mandarin Prices...Obba is the way to go
- The service was sub-par. Myk8skateDined on 12/22/2012The service was sub-par. My spouse & I were the only 2 in the restaurant that evening, another couple didn't come in until we left. We had to ask for water. We had to ask to order, repeatedly. Unable to get the waitress' attention we did without a bottle of water or a refill of tea or water- or anything during our meal. When ordering dessert we received incomplete answers to our questions. We were offered the check, we said yes, that we were ready to pay. Then spent several minutes trying to flag down the waitress to get the bill. The food wasn't good enough to endure this again.