4-820 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa, HI 96746Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oasiskauai.com/
- Phone: 8088229332
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Saturday: Bar open at noon, Happy Hour 4-6pm, Dinner 4pm-9pm Sunday: 10am-2pm Brunch, 2pm-4pm Drinks Only, 4pm-6pm Happy Hour, 4pm-9pm Dinner
- Payment Options: Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Joey Cole
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Situated on a beautiful waterfront location, Oasis provides the perfect backdrop for a memorable celebration. Conveniently located in Kapaa, the award winning restaurant is happy to cater to your specific needs for parties of any size or occasion and offers exclusive and non-exclusive events.
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Freeman 8777737969
- Entertainment: We feature live music on Wednesdays during Happy Hour and Sundays during brunch. Join us for our monthly full moon parties. Check website for current details.
- Special Events: Oasis is available for private and semi-private events.
A word from Oasis
Oasis is a beautiful oceanfront location that showcases the best of what Kauai has to offer in cuisine, service and ocean views. We strongly believe that residents and guests of Hawaii want to experience Hawaii. We use local sources for almost 90% of our ingredients, and work closely with Kauai"s farmers and fishermen to provide you with the best and freshest possible ingredients. We work to highlight the quality and freshness of our ingredients in a style that captures the diversity of local cultures and influences without burying the delicious flavors that our local ingredients offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Oasis - Best Restaurants in Kapaa ›
Oasis reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (61)scenic view (61)fit for foodies (44)romantic (42)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (28)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (10)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (3)Show More
- Full and Half PortionsPTWithyVIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was fabulous, being able to get half portions let us sample several dishes in on sitting. Farmer's curry with local fish of the day was the tops! Service was very attentive, too. We were dining on the open air lanai as Hurricane Ana approached and the staff was careful to adjust the glass partitions to block the wind from sweeping across our table, but at the same time allow a breeze through to keep us cool.Special Features:
- Always fresh and newUbcool2Dined on 10/17/2014I love the location- one of the few ocean view restaurants. The food is all harvested fresh from what's currently available on Kauai so the menu always had fun specials - plus you can order full or half servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local to the core.BakingInHawaiiDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant is doing the right thing on the little island of Kauai, sourcing their menu primarily from local food sources. They visit the farmers' markets just like we do to buying seasonal produce to feature in their tasty dishes. Fish is locally caught and they occasionally have very interesting choices of local, but less known, catches. The bar makes many of its drink materials from scratch and has an excellent Mai Tai that is made with fresh Lilikoi (passionfruit) juice and is worthy of a try. The view is unbeatable and right on the beach and East side trade winds will keep you comfortable through your meal.Special Features:
- celebrationcelebrateDined on 10/12/2014This was our 36 Wedding Anniversary and we were very happy with everything.But to make it the best was having Henry our caretaker for the evening!!!!!! We will be back before we leave Kauai ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigDaddyCoolDined on 10/11/2014This restaurant was a bit understaffed leading to service that was a little slow but our waitress worked hard and did her very best in adifficult situation. We liked her very much. The view, ambiance and most of all the food were memorable. We will certainly visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seaside Dining at its BestFriendlyVIPDined on 10/6/2014A gem hidden within the rough of the beachside hotel grounds. Fabulous food with local ingredients and great island flavors. A real Winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful viewcraigwVIPDined on 10/6/2014Great setting; look-of-Hawaii bar; excellent, tasty, variations on menu. Mango Manhattans, calamari, Philly cheesesteak, and fish very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Finally, LOCALLY SOURCED GOOD FOODalohakeakuaDined on 10/5/2014Went with friends to try Oasis, had heard they really try to locally source everything. I would highly recommend this place for people who want to try authentic, Kauai food. This is not spam and rice, this is local beef done beautifully, fresh fish, local fruits and veggies turned into a great dining experience. Delicious and service was outstanding (thank you Henry!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food fantastic serviceBatgirlDined on 10/3/2014We have eaten here many times and still find new and exciting food choices. The entire staff divers excellent service.Special Features:
- Great servide and food!!gus1216VIPDined on 9/22/2014We had a delghtful time and are so glad that we tried the restaurant. Our server, Henry was excellent and very knowlegeable about the menu and wines. The setting is perfect and honestly one of the prettiest restaurants we have been to on the Island. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinnerRickAZVIPDined on 9/18/2014We start our vacation width dinner here last week. We enjoyed our final diner of our trip there last night. Lamb meatballs were a great change from my daily seafood entree. We enjoyed a great kale salad, our entrees, dessert and a fine wine. We started the evening with their remarkably potent Mai Tai. Oasis is a fantastic mid-island restaurant ... We will be back during our next trip.Special Features:
- SlowaaaaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Very slow service (although comped for drinks).Food was good.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerAliciaDined on 9/12/2014We came here for dinner our second night on the island and loved it. The Bruchetta was to die for. I had the catch of the day, ono, grilled over sweet potatoes and it was melt in your mouth good. My hubby had the burger and is still talking about it. Who keeps talking about a burger? You would if you had that one. It was really good. Even the dessert was unique and delicious. The wine list is short but I had the pinot gris and it was perfect. It appeared that all of the wines were of excellent quality. We really enjoyed our dinner here and highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great ambianceNickDined on 9/12/2014Everything about this dining experience was great. The menu was interesting. We especially liked the small portion option Not everyone likes "supersize" The drinks were unique . The wine list a bit pricey but varied.Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerRickAZVIPDined on 9/12/2014A gorgeous location with excellent service and food ... It was perfect ... Our best central coast dining to date ... We have 6 trips to Kauai and have stayed north, south and east. Try The Oasis.Special Features:
- Romantic nightCossieguyDined on 9/9/2014We had a absolute fantastic evening at Oasis Outstanding waiter,delicious cocktails,high quality food and an amazjng view towards the ocean.Super eveningSpecial Features:
- Vow renewalJackieBillDined on 9/7/2014We were seated closest to ocean after our vow renewal as well as given champagne! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis is an ocean view gem!DragonflyDined on 9/6/2014Celebrating my hubby's 60 in Kauai, I read deep into reviews and blogs. Oasis aimed to please. The food, service and ambience was most memorable on this special occasion. The stroll by the koi pond and around the lazy river pool to get to the restaurant is lovely. Make your reservation early to get the unobstructed view. We were greeted with champagne and a mini appetizer. The menu is small in size but makes up in excellence. Seared ahi was my choice on a bed of Hawaiian sweet potato/bok choi. Dessert was delicious as we both had the apple\banana spring roll and the dark chocolate mousse with biscotti. Steven, sous chef, came out to congratulate my DH. We made reservations for the next night and had a repeat experience!Special Features:
- Great grass fed burgerGreatfoodDined on 9/2/2014The waitress was amazing and really knew her menu! The grass fed burgers were surprisingly tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Our ocean-side lunch at Oasis was very nice. The manager sat us at our table, acknowledged my nut allergy, and even offered us complimentary champagne for the final lunch of our honeymoon. The service was great--not too much, check backs when appropriate. The decor of the restaurant was lovely, and I must say the bathroom looked great! We are definitely glad we came and would have liked to have had the chance to come by for dinner. If you are looking for great ocean-side dining with a romantic atmosphere, come here!Special Features:
- Great food and locationluvsteakVIPDined on 9/1/2014This is one of the neatest restaurants on Kauai. Located right next to the beach in back of a resort. Run like a small boutique restaurant with an innovative menu. All fresh local ingredients. Very unique drink menu. One of the best features is they have half plates on entree items so you can keep the portions small if you so desire. They take reservations except for Wednesday evening, 5 to 7, when they have a local ukulele player who is fantastic. Every year this is one of our favorite spots. I believe Happy Hour is 4 to 6 and has special food and drink items. Don't miss this if you are on Kauai.Special Features:
- Great Attention to ServiceMarkDVIPDined on 8/25/2014While we really enjoyed our meal, the staff is five star. From the moment we walked up to the host stand to leaving the attention to good service never wavered. Our waitress was friendly without being intrusive, pleasantly suggestive with both entrees and wine. The support staff was never absent, filling water and seeing if we needed anything. The cozy atmosphere reflected the crowd that as happy with the experience as we were. This is not to short the food which was inventive without being overly complex. Everything was fresh, high quality, prepared perfectly and full of flavor. You have to try the desert spring roll.Special Features:
- Great Food, Service, Alohahapihonu54Dined on 8/19/2014on an island where great food and service and ambience are sometimes very difficult to find, OASIS is a gem! truly great food and service with authentic heartfelt aloha. MaiTais are outstanding and the Ahi is among the very best interpretations I have enjoyed anywhere. ask for Henry C, phenomenal waiter ... and enjoy a post-dinner "Port Allen Porto" ; )Special Features:
- great food, ocean view,JulieDined on 8/18/2014Farm to table fresh with excellent service , Right on the water for ocean view,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can only describe Oasis as GreatDonhDined on 8/16/2014We used Open Table to find good restaurants on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. Oasis in Kapaa is a wonderful find! We had previously had a wonderful lunch with cool ocean breezes blowing adding to the ambience and even that experience was surpassed by having dinner at Oasis. We had one of their best tables, under the stars and within feet of the ocean waves. Though their menu only has a small selection of dishes, they really put their best efforts into those preparations. I had the curry with a piece of Ono and the fish tasted so fresh it seemed as if they went out and caugth the fish just for my dish. My wife had a burger from local beef and the combination of sauces, goat cheese and bacon jam really made this much more. Recommended!Special Features:
- A Kapaa surpriseRochesterMaryDined on 8/5/2014We literally stumbled over Oasis after a local recommendation and were ecstatic about everything..Literally on the beach dining, interesting and wonderful starters, great salads, fish and beef to die for. They preach farm to table and deliver in every aspect possible. it is definitely our new favorite place on Kauai besides being incredibly reasonable... Great value for amazing food. Definitely give this restaurant a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST RESTAURANT ON EASTSIDEMAMAELZDined on 7/31/2014AMAZING HAND CRAFTED DRINKS! AMAZING FOOD MENU. STAYS TRUE TO WHAT THEY ARE GOOD AT LOCAL, FRESH AND CREATIVE! MONEY WELL SPENT EVERYTIME AND STAFF IS FANTASTIC FROM BEGINNING TO END!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at OasisJajkmelvinDined on 7/31/2014Our party of four, two adults and two young adults, enjoyed our dinner at Oasis. We all had the half portions so could enjoy an appetizer and desert. I appreciate a restaurant where a half option is on the menu. Our server explained all the choices and ingredients to us, we each had something different and it was all good! We try not to eat at the same restaurant on our vacations, but Oasis has us considering a second visit so we can sample more of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/29/2014Atmosphere, food, and service was outstanding. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- AmazingMissWendeeDined on 7/24/2014Oasis is an amazing restaurant if you are looking for ocean front dining and delicious food! We found it by googling Ocean front dining in Kauai and couldn't have been more pleased. We were seated on the patio with breathtaking views of the north shore! The food was outstanding - grilled catch of the day was Ono cooked to perfection on a bed of Japanese mashed pumpkin with a side of Arugula! Healthy and tasty! My husband had their burger and it was also quite tasty! The Oasis offers gluten free and vegetarian dishes as well as selections for patrons with severe food allergies. We couldn't have been more pleased with our meal or location! We also met a nice couple from Washington and we are from California. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing !Luv2eatDined on 7/20/2014Henry was our waiter, ask for him. The locally grown food and fresh caught fish was outstanding as well as artfully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy!freaky808Dined on 7/15/2014everything was great and amazing view of the oceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ocean front diningUbcool2Dined on 7/12/2014Oasis truly is an oasis in the heart of Kapaa. It's one of the few open air restaurants where you can sit outside under an umbrella enjoying the sights and sounds of the ocean. Not only that, but the food was excellent. Loved it all. We met our mainland friends there, and had a very leisurely dinner, not once being made to feel like we needed to hurry. Service was well paced with no pressure. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East shore must!HawaDined on 7/10/2014Beautiful spot. Outside table with gorgeous ocean view. Party of four, everyone enjoyed their meals. The mai tai is not the typical fare and is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and lastHlssDined on 7/5/2014This was the very first and last place we had dinner. I rarely have the same thing twice, opting to sample menus, but the curry with local catch was so good I had it twice--amazing. The view is wonderful, good service, and friendly for our 8 month old. No doubt we'll be back next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant ocean front restaurant.marketranDined on 7/5/2014I went there with my wife for dinner. We arrived there when it was not dark yet until it is completely dark. They gave us ocean front but under the roof table. Some table are really outside. Since it rains several times a day without any pattern, I think it is better to have a roof over you. They have menu that you can chose size, like "full" or "half". We chose fish dishes of halves. They were proper size for small eater like us, the taste was great, and the fish were fresh. The waiter were very kind and friendly. What else? The sound of surf is soothing, the room and the tables are spacious, we had very relaxing dinner.Special Features:
- Oceanside DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014Overall good experience... very slow paced (not ideal for kids) but views and food were good. Limited menu. We would go back again without our teens to enjoy the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the Oasis reviews archive.
- Definitely an oasis to return toAlaskanAstlesDined on 6/28/2014We loved it so much we returned the next night for appetizers and drinks before returning to the airport back to Oahu. Our Wailua River Guide Chris recommended the Oasis for dinner and we're so glad he did. Absolutely wonderful scenery on the beach, terrific bartender & servers, and the calamari, mahi mahi, and swordfish were wonderful. While not a huge Mai Tai fan, these were the best we've found on the islands so much that they brought us back. We didn't get the name of our bartender but she not only made us wonderful drinks but was also fun to talk to when she had a chance. The Oasis was so good, we are sure when we return to Kauai next we'll be staying at the Outrigger instead of the hotel we stayed at this trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristytooDined on 6/28/2014Good food. Staff we're very friendly. I appreciated the ability to order half portions on most menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated our 25thOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014We chose Oasis from a number of restaurants on Kauai under the heading of "fine dining" part of the selection process was their prices which were significantly less than others. In addition the ocean view was a really bonus. We thorough enjoyed our meal and when we told them we were celebrating our 25th anniversary they brought champagne and a special treat on the house.Special Features: