780 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oasisgrille.com/
- Phone: 925-417-8438
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sadaf Shaghasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant directly for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Sadaf Shaghasi 925-417-8438
A word from Oasis Grille
According to the Mercury News (2007), "The menu in the main restaurant is equally eclectic (compared to its wine lounge), with unusual dishes such as pumpkin borani, which features spicy peppers and garlic, and aushak, pasta filled with leek and cilantro and topped with garlic-yogurt sauce and sautéed ground beef, and simpler starters and entrees such as grilled salmon and beef, shrimp, lamb, and chicken kabobs. The owners have designed their menu to accommodate the palates of those who like spicier, more exotic dishes and those who prefer milder, well-prepared salads, vegetables, and grilled seafood and meat.” Come experience this treasure in Downtown Pleasanton in either the main dining room or our relaxing wine lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oasis Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
76 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (31)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (24)romantic (21)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Surprise HitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014I have driven by Oasis Grille frequently and never thought to go in for dining. I decided to the other day and was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was very nice, comfortable and spacious. The food is Mediterranean and very good. I was a little concerned by the small menu until I realized that they are focusing on quality, not quantity. On my way out, I noticed a large room that is perfect for big parties - I will definitely avail myself of this in the future.Special Features:
- Great Find-Will be Going Back!ChrisTDined on 10/6/2014Had lunch with girlfriends. What a wonderful surprise. I have never been to Oasis Grille before. Had Vodka martini and shrimp kabob with special dipping sauce....delicious. Our service could not have been any better. Our server was attentive, offered suggestions as we were all new....cocktail was a well-made martini! The setting is beautiful both inside and out. Has a garden area for outdoor dining. Area in front would be great for meeting friends for cocktails and appetizers after work.Special Features:
- First time visitorwinnerwinnergotodinnerDined on 10/3/2014Oasis is on a popular street in town. The ambiance is ok but be prepared for noise. The food is average depending upon what is ordered. I found the pumpkin dish on the sample platter amazing but the hummus and cucumber very pedestrian. The salmon was good for the money, and well presented. The Oasis mixed grill needed an additional side. It seemed as though the lettuce underneath the skewered meat was there to make up for the empty plate. Not a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis...great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2014Oasis restaurant offers consistently good food, unique menu choices, great service...beautiful setting in downtown Pleasanton with options of outside dining area in a beautiful patio area. In addition, there is a small seating area on a balcony near the entrance... Great place for drinks and apps! Oasis has a beautiful private dining room which can be reserved for parties up to 40 guests. It was the perfect venue for my son's rehearsal dinner! The owners were so accommodating and service was outstanding! Try the borani and/or bolani appetizers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atkainDined on 9/27/2014I really like this restaurant. The food is great. It is reasonably priced and has a great atmosphere. I enjoy the outside dining during the summer months and the inside dining is very nice. Service is great. We've been there 3 times, once for lunch (outside), once with a large group (outside) and once for dinner with friends. It is a very nice place.Special Features:
- Beautiful view...Beautiful food!aortizyDined on 9/26/2014Oasis Grille is a definite go - to for delicious food and drinks. The service is attentive, the rose garden delightful, and the ambiance is welcoming. I recommend the curry chicken or kabobs....Although I haven't had a meal that disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No serviceJaySevenVIPDined on 9/26/2014We attempted to dine at Oasis Grille on Friday Sept 26th. Upon arrival we were greeted and seated promptly. Water arrived to the table immediately and then we waited...and waited...and waited for a server. After more than 10 minutes of waiting we left. The restaurant was not busy and even if it was, it is in business to SERVICE patrons, not ignore. As we departed, we informed a person that appeared to be a manager of our reason for leaving...he seemed indifferent and did not make any attempt to salvage the reservation. Apparently Oasis Grille is the rare exception in the service business and can afford to lose a customer. *gave 3 stars for food even though we did not eat. No reason to knock the chef for non-existent service.
- Consistently goodNonicomDined on 9/23/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. Food is always prepared well and menus don't change. Why change a good thing I say. My favorites are the rack of lamb (medium rare), potato bolani, and pumpkin borani.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an great experience!SandyDined on 9/19/2014We have dined here numerous occasions! While we love the food, we love the cocktails to start the evening, too. Marcos makes the best drinks! I love the martini and my husband their margarita. Always a place I use open table since typically hard to get a table if this is a late minute decision for dining! While a bit pricey, worth it. The service staff typically very attentive, however our server was rather slow this time. Love the Mimi gyros only an appetizer on the lunch menu, should be a menu item, they are delicious. Love the pumpkin bouroni! A must have! I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Been here with the husband on a date, with a large group of friends, and with kids... every time, it's been consistently delicious with great service. Will continue coming back...Special Features:
- Ambiance & delicious food!NanourksaDined on 9/12/2014A popular spot on Friday night--our dining area in the bar area was noisy- next time we'll ask for a quieter area. Our meals were delicious--from the Sampler Platter to our entrees: Chicken & Koobideh Kabobs, Mediterranean pasta, stuffed Moroccan chicken--all excellent! Enjoyed a nice bottle of wine--good selections at reasonable prices. Definitely recommended!Special Features:
- Just very solidBigCDined on 8/19/2014Good people...good food...nice atmosphere! We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Ok food- great environmentMorganDined on 8/16/2014Food was just ok... Nothing too special. Loved the atmosphere though and rigt in the heart of downtown Pleasanton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummVIPDined on 8/16/2014Best Lamb Shank I've had anywhere! Cooked perfectly where the meat falls off the bone and melts in your mouth!!Special Features:
- Dinner at Oasis GrilleJanoDined on 8/14/2014There were annoying flies and server didn't try to swat them. To go boxes are weak, it broke in my car an food spilled all over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Med food with a safety netLoosechangeDined on 8/10/2014Good mix of mediterranean classics and fusion dishes. Wine list has something for everyone. Noisy and a bit expensive, but service was outstanding. Great for a special occasion with friends.Special Features:
- Oasis Grille - MediterraneanSweetCDined on 8/9/2014We love to go to downtown Pleasanton to try the different restaurants and this is one of our favorites. We have been here twice - service was outstanding and food so good both times! Borani and Pumpkin Bolani are out favorite appetizers. Our party of five ordered different entrees and we were all pleased with our selections (portions were very generous). There is ample outdoor dining but we have eaten inside both times due to chilly weather. I accidentally knocked my wine glass over and our waiter was at the table immediately cleaning up the mess as discreetly as possible. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate!kelhirDined on 8/8/2014Celebrated with a friend getting married for the first time (at 50 plus) and it was a perfect choice. Good food, nice dining and an energetic adult crowd. Our service could have been better, but the restaurant was quite busy on a very HOT night. Our food was wonderful and our friend enjoyed the evening immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great celebration!foodforhealthDined on 8/5/2014Went here for my recent birthday celebration with my family. Food was wonderful. Enjoyed eating outside in summer. The server misunderstood one of our orders and was VERY slow to bring the check and just kind of disappeared at the end but otherwise a very enjoyable night and I will return.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 7/30/2014Pleasanton has many fine restaurants. The Oasis Grille has to be one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good. The only downside was the bar was very noisy and it was hard to hear.Special Features:
- Interesting Food in Nice AtmosphereFoodie84VIPDined on 7/15/2014Have had a few meals here, both lunch and dinner. Servers are always helpful in making a selection. They have some memorable dishes, such as the pumpkin biryani and oshuk; however, I wish they wouldn't be so heavy handed on the garlic sauce. It seems that garlic sauce overpours some of the delicate flavors.Special Features:
- Love this place!GabeDined on 7/7/2014Great service, great food. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood OasisShaedaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Neighborhood gem. Great for happy hour as well. Every time I am back in town visiting, it is a must visit and wk wonderful place to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Pleasanton's BestGibSVIPDined on 6/27/2014This is one of our favorites. Outstanding menu and the kabobs are our favorites. Good wine list, great full service bar. Enjoy a stroll downtown before or after dinner. Omar and crew are outstanding in every aspect. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can count on a good mealFitfoodieVIPDined on 6/26/2014if you want casual dining - ask to sit outside. A romantic night for 2 - sit inside, the ambience is nice. you can count on a good meal here, the food is pretty good and very tasty. service is fine depending who you get as your waiter - we have lucked twice with the same waiter so can't complain. dessert here is amazing especially the toffee nut cake with vanilla bean ice creamSpecial Features:
- dinner meetingaTXNinCADined on 6/25/2014Met a local client for dinner. The food was excellent and different. We enjoyed and he said he was considering bring his wife to dinner there at another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 447 reviews are from the Oasis Grille reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014The food there is just terrifice. I had the rack of lamb and it was perfect. The pumpkin borani is just great and so is the flat bread.Special Features:
- Awesome placerajsfoDined on 6/21/2014Was recommended by friends long time back; but never tried it till recently. Great food; awesome preparations. Culinary delight; OK to take kids. Very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No rose gardenNodineinthere456Dined on 6/6/2014I reserved the table for the rose garden....there was NO rose in the patio! Compare to the quality, the food is pricey. The server took the rest of my salad without asking if I would like to eat more or take it home.
- Love this placeFoodloverDined on 6/4/2014We have been to this place numerous times and we keep coming back. The food is consistently good and the service is as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasanton Downtown GempammyjDined on 6/4/2014The stuffed Moroccan Chicken is outstanding! We also like the sampler appetizer plate. Very consistent good food and this restaurant has never disappointed us.Special Features:
- Can't wait to come back !Joy4funDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I had a perfect romantic delicious, tasty and healthy time in the patio surrounded by beautiful flowers. Drinks and food were excellent and the service couldn't be better. The weather was amazing so having the patio option was a plus. If you want it more formal, inside the restaurant is beautiful and more fancy. We live in San José but definitely will come back soon. Perfect for a romantic date and groups as well. We will bring some friends next time to share it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love menuNickiDined on 5/18/2014I love the food at this restaurant this was my second visit and I enjoyed it a lot but I thought the food I had was not as good as when I ate dinner here about a year ago. I think it was what I ordered. Our pumpkin appetizer was delicious. This is a real neighborhood gem. Try it when in Pleasanton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appetizer menu is incredibleDaynaDined on 5/13/2014This was our first visit (we used a restaurant.com coupon) and we were extremely impressed. Their particular strength is their appetizer menu. I recommend making an entire meal of that. Our entrees were good (tabuli and the pesto pasta) but the appetizers, including the pumpkin with yogurt sauce, were heavenly! We sat under a big tree on the patio. It was a warm night. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was the service. It was slow from the beginning to the end.Special Features:
- Mediterranean geminsearchofgreatfoodDined on 5/7/2014Stellar food, great ambiance, noise level fine for a good conversation. The food took a bit of time to arrive, but it was definitely worth the wait. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsEatoutVIPDined on 5/5/2014We had a nice dinner last Monday night at Oasis Grille. Their food is consistently good, we are never disappointed. My husband loves the shrimp kabob and gets that almost every time. I had the rack of lamb which was very tasty. It was a very pleasant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lovelywilln2sampleDined on 5/1/2014Food was great. I loved the neighborhood. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceAndyDined on 4/17/2014This was my first time going to Oasis. It was recommended by my boss who doesn't live far from there. We came as a group from work and had an excellent time. Food and service was great and definitely worth going back the next time I'm on that side of the country.Special Features:
- Always a great place to meetSFfoodieDined on 4/5/2014Always a great place to meet and take people in the east bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.