780 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oasisgrille.com/
- Phone: (925) 417-8438
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sadaf Shaghasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant directly for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Sadaf Shaghasi 925-417-8438
A word from Oasis Grille
According to the Mercury News (2007), "The menu in the main restaurant is equally eclectic (compared to its wine lounge), with unusual dishes such as pumpkin borani, which features spicy peppers and garlic, and aushak, pasta filled with leek and cilantro and topped with garlic-yogurt sauce and sautéed ground beef, and simpler starters and entrees such as grilled salmon and beef, shrimp, lamb, and chicken kabobs. The owners have designed their menu to accommodate the palates of those who like spicier, more exotic dishes and those who prefer milder, well-prepared salads, vegetables, and grilled seafood and meat.” Come experience this treasure in Downtown Pleasanton in either the main dining room or our relaxing wine lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oasis Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (33)fit for foodies (32)special occasion (32)great for lunch (21)romantic (19)notable wine list (11)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Overall very good place for dinner!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014I always like dining at the Oasis for the great energetic environment, wonderful menu for food and drinks. It's great for a quaint dinner or large group and the food is always prepared well and tastes wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerMikeVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food was great! Especially the dessert. The hot toffee nut cake was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 11/15/2014We've been going to Oasis for at least 5 years. Not much changes which, in Oasis' case, is a good - very good - thing. Menu has stayed pretty much the same. We can't resist the Warm Flat Breads with Dipping Sauces - great starter! By no means have we tried all the dishes, but the ones we have - in particular chicken Sabzi and chicken Kabuli are our favorites. The grilled chicken kabob is always perfect. The seasoning is extremely flavorful and tasty without overwhelming. My wife, in particular, has limited tolerance for spicy food – she loves the chicken Sabzi and easily tolerates the seasoning/spicing. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed First-time ExperienceNebuchadnezzarDined on 11/15/2014I very much looked forward to my first time at Oasis this past Saturday night, as I had heard high praise for them. They have a very well done website. My two friends and I arrived in time for the final 30 minutes of their Happy Hour. The young lady (hostess) at the entrance wasn't particularly welcoming, and smiled little if at all. I indicated it was our first time there. We were seated at our table. Our waiter was a bit slow (5-10 minutes) in coming to the table, and I very nearly went to the bar and ordered our drinks myself as I knew there was not much time remaining in Happy Hour. When he did arrive, he was pleasant, although he didn't know what the red and white wines of the day were, which seemed odd. Our drinks were a little slow in coming out. I indicated in advance I would like a second one. When it arrived later I asked if he was able to get it under the 5 PM bell, and he said yes. The appetizers we ordered- olives, stuffed grape leaves, and flatbread with 5 dipping sauces- were generally good although 2 or 3 of the dipping sauces were very hot (beware). Our dinners were quite good- the skewered shrimp had a wonderful flavor and the skewered chicken was tasty as well. My garlic mashed potatoes were barely warm and I nearly sent them back. Other reviewers have commented about the noise level in this restaurant and I'm afraid it's true- as the evening wore on and the place filled up, it became very noisy to the point where conversation at your table was very difficult. Next time I will ask to be seated in another area. When the bill arrived sure enough my second drink did not receive the Happy Hour price. I asked our waiter to correct this, which he did. I felt that was rather unprofessional as I had gone out of my way to ensure this very thing wouldn't happen- and it did. Overall I enjoyed my first time at Oasis and will return. The food was good. Some of the staff need additional training/hatting as noted.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Private room was cozy & classyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Spouse & I took dad to dinner here. We try new places looking for restaurants with a quiet ambiance since both our dads are hard of hearing. We were seated in the round room just before the patio. It was quiet enough for Dad to hear and there were other diners in the room with us. The menu was trickier, but we found some dishes where the food was not too garlic-y (Dad's allergic), and we had a nice and attentive waiter throughout the evening. Very convenient location in charming downtown Pleasanton, with off street parking available, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DDTTDDTTDined on 11/8/2014The food was great, especially the grilled pumpkin starter and any of the kabobs. Our server was pleasant and helpful as well!Special Features:
- Good Food but Inspect your billMAJTimDined on 11/7/2014Food and ambiance were very good. Have a couple complaints which will prevent us from coming back. My wife and I used a Passport discount and were automatically charged tip as if we were a party of 6 to ensure that the restaurant could base tip off the original total. We never had this occur from other participating restaurants. They also tried to sneak in a $2 split plate fee when we didn't even ask for it. After raising the issue it was removed. We still ended up spending over $100 with the free entree because we bought appetizer, salad, wine, entrees and dessert, but the meal was ruined because we felt nickel and dimed. This restaurant is always packed, there is no need to play games.Special Features:
- PleasantonNanDined on 11/6/2014We always enjoy our dining experience when we eat at Oasis. The servers are helpful and friendly, the food is great and the ambience is fun and lively, while still being "elegant".Special Features:
- Good Food but...Too NoisyRochelleDined on 11/1/2014We really like the food at the Oasis Grille but it is so very difficult to have a conversation with anyone at your table. The noise level in the main part of the restaurant is very high and really distracts from enjoying your dinner. It is also difficult to hear your waitress or waiter. Next time I need to request a table in the back room where there are less people and it is so much quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JandTDined on 10/31/2014Food is always presented well. Pumpkin baroni is a must try. We have been many times. The wait staff are very friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great relaxed lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/27/2014Very nice place for a quiet lunch with friends. Would go again for sureSpecial Features:
- Nice place to celebrate birthdayinconnueVIPDined on 10/26/2014The service from our waiter Paul was excellent. He was attentive, and even sang happy birthday with us. The pumpkin (butternut squash) appetizer we had was excellent. We had two subziz: one with lamb shank and other with rack of lamb. The lamb shank was a dry and lukewarm. Was hoping it had osso buco-type sauce on it. I sampled the rack of lamb, and it was very good. The accompanying portions of basmati rice and spinach were generous. My other friend had the manager's special tortellini. She cleaned up her plate well. We sat in the hexagonal room and were the only ones in there for a while. It was a little cold for my liking, but loved the window view and privacy.Special Features:
- All Things GrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/26/2014Great grilled meats simple and tasty with a wonderful bar. Great space for casual gathering of friends.Special Features:
- delishkristyDined on 10/24/2014had a lunch here with 11 people during the week. the service was great, food was equally as great.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014After hearing some positive comments about Oasis, we decided to try it for dinner. The server was very efficient. Wine was very good. My chicken Kebobs were very dry/overcooked. The seasoned Basmati rice was very bland. The Chicken BQ Pizza was just OK. Desserts terrible. The Baklava was like cardboard.
- Beautiful night, wonderful mealDavidVIPDined on 10/23/2014I am new to Pleasanton but the menu looked very inviting on the web. The photos on their web site do a nice job of capturing the visual appeal of the restaurant. For the exhibitionists there are a few tables in front of the restaurant on a small patio outside the front door. There is also a nice patio to the side behind a fence and some landscaping which provides a smidgen more privacy. I am looking forward to my return visit although the lamb shank was so good I may not branch out.Special Features:
- Surprise HitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/14/2014I have driven by Oasis Grille frequently and never thought to go in for dining. I decided to the other day and was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant was very nice, comfortable and spacious. The food is Mediterranean and very good. I was a little concerned by the small menu until I realized that they are focusing on quality, not quantity. On my way out, I noticed a large room that is perfect for big parties - I will definitely avail myself of this in the future.Special Features:
- Great Find-Will be Going Back!ChrisTDined on 10/6/2014Had lunch with girlfriends. What a wonderful surprise. I have never been to Oasis Grille before. Had Vodka martini and shrimp kabob with special dipping sauce....delicious. Our service could not have been any better. Our server was attentive, offered suggestions as we were all new....cocktail was a well-made martini! The setting is beautiful both inside and out. Has a garden area for outdoor dining. Area in front would be great for meeting friends for cocktails and appetizers after work.Special Features:
- First time visitorwinnerwinnergotodinnerDined on 10/3/2014Oasis is on a popular street in town. The ambiance is ok but be prepared for noise. The food is average depending upon what is ordered. I found the pumpkin dish on the sample platter amazing but the hummus and cucumber very pedestrian. The salmon was good for the money, and well presented. The Oasis mixed grill needed an additional side. It seemed as though the lettuce underneath the skewered meat was there to make up for the empty plate. Not a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis...great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/29/2014Oasis restaurant offers consistently good food, unique menu choices, great service...beautiful setting in downtown Pleasanton with options of outside dining area in a beautiful patio area. In addition, there is a small seating area on a balcony near the entrance... Great place for drinks and apps! Oasis has a beautiful private dining room which can be reserved for parties up to 40 guests. It was the perfect venue for my son's rehearsal dinner! The owners were so accommodating and service was outstanding! Try the borani and/or bolani appetizers!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- atkainDined on 9/27/2014I really like this restaurant. The food is great. It is reasonably priced and has a great atmosphere. I enjoy the outside dining during the summer months and the inside dining is very nice. Service is great. We've been there 3 times, once for lunch (outside), once with a large group (outside) and once for dinner with friends. It is a very nice place.Special Features:
- Beautiful view...Beautiful food!aortizyDined on 9/26/2014Oasis Grille is a definite go - to for delicious food and drinks. The service is attentive, the rose garden delightful, and the ambiance is welcoming. I recommend the curry chicken or kabobs....Although I haven't had a meal that disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No serviceJaySevenVIPDined on 9/26/2014We attempted to dine at Oasis Grille on Friday Sept 26th. Upon arrival we were greeted and seated promptly. Water arrived to the table immediately and then we waited...and waited...and waited for a server. After more than 10 minutes of waiting we left. The restaurant was not busy and even if it was, it is in business to SERVICE patrons, not ignore. As we departed, we informed a person that appeared to be a manager of our reason for leaving...he seemed indifferent and did not make any attempt to salvage the reservation. Apparently Oasis Grille is the rare exception in the service business and can afford to lose a customer. *gave 3 stars for food even though we did not eat. No reason to knock the chef for non-existent service.
- Consistently goodNonicomDined on 9/23/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. Food is always prepared well and menus don't change. Why change a good thing I say. My favorites are the rack of lamb (medium rare), potato bolani, and pumpkin borani.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an great experience!SandyDined on 9/19/2014We have dined here numerous occasions! While we love the food, we love the cocktails to start the evening, too. Marcos makes the best drinks! I love the martini and my husband their margarita. Always a place I use open table since typically hard to get a table if this is a late minute decision for dining! While a bit pricey, worth it. The service staff typically very attentive, however our server was rather slow this time. Love the Mimi gyros only an appetizer on the lunch menu, should be a menu item, they are delicious. Love the pumpkin bouroni! A must have! I would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Been here with the husband on a date, with a large group of friends, and with kids... every time, it's been consistently delicious with great service. Will continue coming back...Special Features:
- Ambiance & delicious food!NanourksaDined on 9/12/2014A popular spot on Friday night--our dining area in the bar area was noisy- next time we'll ask for a quieter area. Our meals were delicious--from the Sampler Platter to our entrees: Chicken & Koobideh Kabobs, Mediterranean pasta, stuffed Moroccan chicken--all excellent! Enjoyed a nice bottle of wine--good selections at reasonable prices. Definitely recommended!Special Features:
- Just very solidBigCDined on 8/19/2014Good people...good food...nice atmosphere! We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Ok food- great environmentMorganDined on 8/16/2014Food was just ok... Nothing too special. Loved the atmosphere though and rigt in the heart of downtown Pleasanton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummVIPDined on 8/16/2014Best Lamb Shank I've had anywhere! Cooked perfectly where the meat falls off the bone and melts in your mouth!!Special Features:
- Dinner at Oasis GrilleJanoDined on 8/14/2014There were annoying flies and server didn't try to swat them. To go boxes are weak, it broke in my car an food spilled all over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Med food with a safety netLoosechangeDined on 8/10/2014Good mix of mediterranean classics and fusion dishes. Wine list has something for everyone. Noisy and a bit expensive, but service was outstanding. Great for a special occasion with friends.Special Features:
- Oasis Grille - MediterraneanSweetCDined on 8/9/2014We love to go to downtown Pleasanton to try the different restaurants and this is one of our favorites. We have been here twice - service was outstanding and food so good both times! Borani and Pumpkin Bolani are out favorite appetizers. Our party of five ordered different entrees and we were all pleased with our selections (portions were very generous). There is ample outdoor dining but we have eaten inside both times due to chilly weather. I accidentally knocked my wine glass over and our waiter was at the table immediately cleaning up the mess as discreetly as possible. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate!kelhirDined on 8/8/2014Celebrated with a friend getting married for the first time (at 50 plus) and it was a perfect choice. Good food, nice dining and an energetic adult crowd. Our service could have been better, but the restaurant was quite busy on a very HOT night. Our food was wonderful and our friend enjoyed the evening immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great celebration!foodforhealthDined on 8/5/2014Went here for my recent birthday celebration with my family. Food was wonderful. Enjoyed eating outside in summer. The server misunderstood one of our orders and was VERY slow to bring the check and just kind of disappeared at the end but otherwise a very enjoyable night and I will return.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 7/30/2014Pleasanton has many fine restaurants. The Oasis Grille has to be one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 454 reviews are from the Oasis Grille reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good. The only downside was the bar was very noisy and it was hard to hear.Special Features:
- Interesting Food in Nice AtmosphereFoodie84VIPDined on 7/15/2014Have had a few meals here, both lunch and dinner. Servers are always helpful in making a selection. They have some memorable dishes, such as the pumpkin biryani and oshuk; however, I wish they wouldn't be so heavy handed on the garlic sauce. It seems that garlic sauce overpours some of the delicate flavors.Special Features:
- Love this place!GabeDined on 7/7/2014Great service, great food. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood OasisShaedaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Neighborhood gem. Great for happy hour as well. Every time I am back in town visiting, it is a must visit and wk wonderful place to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.