780 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oasisgrille.com/
- Phone: 925-417-8438
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Sadaf Shaghasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact the restaurant directly for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Sadaf Shaghasi 925-417-8438
A word from Oasis Grille
According to the Mercury News (2007), "The menu in the main restaurant is equally eclectic (compared to its wine lounge), with unusual dishes such as pumpkin borani, which features spicy peppers and garlic, and aushak, pasta filled with leek and cilantro and topped with garlic-yogurt sauce and sautéed ground beef, and simpler starters and entrees such as grilled salmon and beef, shrimp, lamb, and chicken kabobs. The owners have designed their menu to accommodate the palates of those who like spicier, more exotic dishes and those who prefer milder, well-prepared salads, vegetables, and grilled seafood and meat.” Come experience this treasure in Downtown Pleasanton in either the main dining room or our relaxing wine lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oasis Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)neighborhood gem (44)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (25)romantic (25)great for lunch (18)notable wine list (14)great for brunch (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Just very solidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Good people...good food...nice atmosphere! We've been here a few times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Ok food- great environmentMorganDined on 8/16/2014Food was just ok... Nothing too special. Loved the atmosphere though and rigt in the heart of downtown Pleasanton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummVIPDined on 8/16/2014Best Lamb Shank I've had anywhere! Cooked perfectly where the meat falls off the bone and melts in your mouth!!Special Features:
- Dinner at Oasis GrilleJanoDined on 8/14/2014There were annoying flies and server didn't try to swat them. To go boxes are weak, it broke in my car an food spilled all over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Med food with a safety netLoosechangeDined on 8/10/2014Good mix of mediterranean classics and fusion dishes. Wine list has something for everyone. Noisy and a bit expensive, but service was outstanding. Great for a special occasion with friends.Special Features:
- Oasis Grille - MediterraneanSweetCDined on 8/9/2014We love to go to downtown Pleasanton to try the different restaurants and this is one of our favorites. We have been here twice - service was outstanding and food so good both times! Borani and Pumpkin Bolani are out favorite appetizers. Our party of five ordered different entrees and we were all pleased with our selections (portions were very generous). There is ample outdoor dining but we have eaten inside both times due to chilly weather. I accidentally knocked my wine glass over and our waiter was at the table immediately cleaning up the mess as discreetly as possible. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate!kelhirDined on 8/8/2014Celebrated with a friend getting married for the first time (at 50 plus) and it was a perfect choice. Good food, nice dining and an energetic adult crowd. Our service could have been better, but the restaurant was quite busy on a very HOT night. Our food was wonderful and our friend enjoyed the evening immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great celebration!foodforhealthDined on 8/5/2014Went here for my recent birthday celebration with my family. Food was wonderful. Enjoyed eating outside in summer. The server misunderstood one of our orders and was VERY slow to bring the check and just kind of disappeared at the end but otherwise a very enjoyable night and I will return.Special Features:
- RustyDined on 7/30/2014Pleasanton has many fine restaurants. The Oasis Grille has to be one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good. The only downside was the bar was very noisy and it was hard to hear.Special Features:
- Interesting Food in Nice AtmosphereFoodie84VIPDined on 7/15/2014Have had a few meals here, both lunch and dinner. Servers are always helpful in making a selection. They have some memorable dishes, such as the pumpkin biryani and oshuk; however, I wish they wouldn't be so heavy handed on the garlic sauce. It seems that garlic sauce overpours some of the delicate flavors.Special Features:
- Love this place!GabeDined on 7/7/2014Great service, great food. Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Neighborhood OasisShaedaVIPDined on 6/28/2014Neighborhood gem. Great for happy hour as well. Every time I am back in town visiting, it is a must visit and wk wonderful place to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Pleasanton's BestGibSDined on 6/27/2014This is one of our favorites. Outstanding menu and the kabobs are our favorites. Good wine list, great full service bar. Enjoy a stroll downtown before or after dinner. Omar and crew are outstanding in every aspect. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner meetingaTXNinCADined on 6/25/2014Met a local client for dinner. The food was excellent and different. We enjoyed and he said he was considering bring his wife to dinner there at another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014The food there is just terrifice. I had the rack of lamb and it was perfect. The pumpkin borani is just great and so is the flat bread.Special Features:
- Awesome placerajsfoDined on 6/21/2014Was recommended by friends long time back; but never tried it till recently. Great food; awesome preparations. Culinary delight; OK to take kids. Very impressedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No rose gardenNodineinthere456Dined on 6/6/2014I reserved the table for the rose garden....there was NO rose in the patio! Compare to the quality, the food is pricey. The server took the rest of my salad without asking if I would like to eat more or take it home.
- Love this placeFoodloverDined on 6/4/2014We have been to this place numerous times and we keep coming back. The food is consistently good and the service is as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasanton Downtown GempammyjDined on 6/4/2014The stuffed Moroccan Chicken is outstanding! We also like the sampler appetizer plate. Very consistent good food and this restaurant has never disappointed us.Special Features:
- Can't wait to come back !Joy4funDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I had a perfect romantic delicious, tasty and healthy time in the patio surrounded by beautiful flowers. Drinks and food were excellent and the service couldn't be better. The weather was amazing so having the patio option was a plus. If you want it more formal, inside the restaurant is beautiful and more fancy. We live in San José but definitely will come back soon. Perfect for a romantic date and groups as well. We will bring some friends next time to share it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love menuNickiDined on 5/18/2014I love the food at this restaurant this was my second visit and I enjoyed it a lot but I thought the food I had was not as good as when I ate dinner here about a year ago. I think it was what I ordered. Our pumpkin appetizer was delicious. This is a real neighborhood gem. Try it when in Pleasanton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The appetizer menu is incredibleDaynaDined on 5/13/2014This was our first visit (we used a restaurant.com coupon) and we were extremely impressed. Their particular strength is their appetizer menu. I recommend making an entire meal of that. Our entrees were good (tabuli and the pesto pasta) but the appetizers, including the pumpkin with yogurt sauce, were heavenly! We sat under a big tree on the patio. It was a warm night. The only reason I didn't give them 5 stars was the service. It was slow from the beginning to the end.Special Features:
- Mediterranean geminsearchofgreatfoodDined on 5/7/2014Stellar food, great ambiance, noise level fine for a good conversation. The food took a bit of time to arrive, but it was definitely worth the wait. I will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendsEatoutVIPDined on 5/5/2014We had a nice dinner last Monday night at Oasis Grille. Their food is consistently good, we are never disappointed. My husband loves the shrimp kabob and gets that almost every time. I had the rack of lamb which was very tasty. It was a very pleasant dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lovelywilln2sampleDined on 5/1/2014Food was great. I loved the neighborhood. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 436 reviews are from the Oasis Grille reviews archive.
- Enjoyable experienceAndyDined on 4/17/2014This was my first time going to Oasis. It was recommended by my boss who doesn't live far from there. We came as a group from work and had an excellent time. Food and service was great and definitely worth going back the next time I'm on that side of the country.Special Features:
- Always a great place to meetSFfoodieDined on 4/5/2014Always a great place to meet and take people in the east bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed with foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/1/2014Our waiter was rife best though....the wine selection was just adequate
- Loved the Oasis GrilleGotta2go2theOGDined on 3/29/2014We absolutely loved the Oasis Grille! The food was wonderful, starting from the delicious flat bread, to our beautifully presented Caprese starter, to the amazing filet mignon kabobs with the Cilantro Chutney, and the Oasis perfectly Grilled Salmon! And the Warm toffee nut cake dessert is as our waiter Dominic put it "A few seconds of heaven!" The ambience was just perfect, and the service outstanding. (Thank you Dominic for all your great suggestions) This was a last minute decision, and was exactly what my husband & I were looking for, so glad we chose to go here....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFinedinerDined on 3/29/2014Came here for a Saturday morning brunch to celebrate a birthday. Great service with excellent food reccomendations by our server Sierra. We all had an idea if what we wanted them after the waitress explained the specials. We all changed our minds on what we ordered based on Sierra's reccomendations. We all loved her choices. Great wine list, great food, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service - food mixedFlyerSQLVIPDined on 3/26/2014The service was great. We had a group of seven and we ordered the hummus and mixed appetizers, which was very good. For the main course we order kebabs for the table to share - Chicken, Shrimp and Koobideh. The chicken was tender and juicy, and the shrimp was good. The Koobideh, unfortunately, was dry and a bit tough. The atmosphere was very good and contributes to lively discussions.Special Features:
- patio is very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2014Of course, pumpkin borani is the signature dish. Been to Oasis a number of times and they seem to "forget" you often there. You can be seated, then wait and wait for your water. Or be brought your appetizer, then the forget to bring your entree till you ask. Not always, but service is hit or miss.
- Good experiencereginacDined on 3/22/2014Overall the food was very good as was the service. My only drawback was the noise level which was loud. Perhaps due to the layout. Lks like a great place for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceLovinPiattiDined on 3/21/2014Our waitress was great, very friendly and attentive. The hostess was a bit on the rude side, but she was young and I can ignore that. Overall our experience was pleasant and we loved the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing fareDiscerningDinerDined on 3/15/2014Had heard good things . . .can't imagine why! Expected quality food; found some dishes tasty but some pedestrian at best. Caesar salad was served with a bottled dressing and when I asked the waitress about it her answer was that this item was not one of their specialties. The rack of lamb (4 little chops) and lamb shank were okay but a weird presentation for the shank with the bone chopped into three sections. Hummus side was bland and needed lemon, garlic, tahini -- anything! Ordered two desserts, neither of which was good enough to waste calories on. Asked the waitress if there was a pastry chef or if the desserts were from an outside vendor, she said they were brought in. Certainly not worth another visit!
- Friendly but noisysamsoonDined on 3/15/2014We enjoyed the food, the service was excellent, but the noise level was way too noisy. We had to shout at each other to be heard. We are senior citizens and although we like lively...this was the noisiest restaurant we've ever been to. It was probably due to the lively bar scene...probably great for younger patrons.Special Features:
- EmbarrassedBobBDined on 3/14/2014Took friends to dinner - Service was poor, long wait for entre which was delivered over cooked and cold.
- KabobsMikeVIPDined on 3/13/2014The kabobs are amazing and so are their sauces they make! Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town visitJimbreDined on 3/13/2014Excellent food preparation and good service. Popular and therefore could be loud so ask for quieter option. We did and were pleased overall.Special Features: