Oasis Cafe - Salt Lake City
151 South 500 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84102Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oasis Cafe - Salt Lake City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://oasiscafeslc.com/
- Phone: (801) 322-0404
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Daily: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Lunch: Daily: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Billy Sotelo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Oasis Cafe - Salt Lake City
The Oasis Cafe specializes in good food that is good for you. We use local fresh produce, sustainable meats and seafood. We at Oasis Cafe offer both indoor and outdoor dining. We have an amazing courtyard that is full of beautiful flowers and vibrant plants surrounding a weeping fountain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Oasis Cafe - Salt Lake City - Best Restaurants in Salt Lake City ›
Oasis Cafe - Salt Lake City reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (17)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (16)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Sunday BreakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Breakfast sandwich was a bit greasy and the onions were too powerful. Eggs Benedict were delicious and well done. Coffee from the coffee bar was great! Service was perfect.Special Features:
- Love this place!DaniDDined on 11/5/2014The Tuna Steak Sandwich is divine. It's a great lunch spot to just sit down and relax with friends. They have a coffee bar and their desserts are very tasty as well.Special Features:
- First Time DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014This was our first time, husband and wife, dining at the Oasis Café. We went on a Saturday morning about 9:45a, but by the time we left there and the accompanying book shop after 11:00a the place was jammed. The German pancake is like eating a piece of moist cake. Very good, our first visit but certainly not our last!Special Features:
- Apart from the City BustleSilverDined on 10/31/2014The Oasis Cafe is a true escape. It's modern yet quaint. The food is healthy and fun. The connection with Golden Braid Books is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch visitInfrequenteatouterDined on 10/23/2014Went there for lunch. Although the restaurant had a good number of people inside, it wasn't excessively noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemThomDined on 9/28/2014Who would think Great World Class Indian Cuisine in Salt Lake City? Think again the Copper Pot is as good as any of my Washington DC.. Favorites noSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud restaurantCollinDined on 9/28/2014The coffee is great, as was the food. We enjoyed the experience. It was, however, a very loud environment for brunch and could barely hear our server speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Longtime favoriteSaltySueDined on 9/25/2014This restaurant has been giving fine food, sometimes local and usually seasonal, in a nicely relaxed atmosphere for many years now. My last experience involved taking a friend out for a birthday dinner: as a vegetarian, she can have difficulties with chain eateries and comfort food situations. Oasis offers a variety of options and our choices were delicious: a moist fresh fish with coordinated mashed root veggies and spinach, and a delightful wild chantarelle mushroom dish on fresh pasta with shredded brussel sprouts. The outdoor patio was quiet but the location is near downtown and we did have a burst of firetruck sirens at one point. Service has much improved over the years and was nicely attentive.Special Features:
- Interesting and responsible foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in SLC. I've been here mostly for breakfast and lunch, which has always been spectacular and healthy, and the dishes are creative. I recently had dinner there, and the food was good, but not as good as the breakfast menu in my opinion. I appreciate being able to go somewhere where you can find responsibly sourced food that is delicious and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegetarian/Vegan & Everything Else!takemeout4Dined on 9/7/2014I eat a plant based diet, but the rest of my family does not. This is a great place to make everyone happy! We've just recently dined for dinner and again for breakfast and everything everyone ordered was absolutely delicious. Will definitely be our new go to place!Special Features:
- It's alrightpickymeDined on 8/24/2014The food was alright, good tasting for cheaper price. my egg Benedict was too salty and the dessert lavender panna cotta have too much lavender tastes like soap. i was happy with the creme brulee though. as for service I asked for a straw twice and was told "ok" never got a straw. otherwise servers were friendly and service was goodSpecial Features:
- Fabulous findLbjpianoDined on 8/20/2014I was looking for a unique restaurant near my son's apt and am so glad I found The Oasis Cafe. Service and food were great. I highly recommend the beet tower salad although everything we ordered was tasty. We will be back.Special Features:
- Love this place!cmraddDined on 8/17/2014We found this place about 6 months ago and have already been about 6 times. We love the food and the staff! Keep up the great work! Thank you for providing a great place to eat and hang out!Special Features:
- Oasis Experience for ThreeMotherHenDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed salmon, appetizer plate as entree, and pasta dish with mushrooms. Shared lavender flavored custard dessert--yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good, Usually Great!MichaelCDined on 8/9/2014Oasis Cafe has been a favorite restaurant of mine for years. There are so many awesome options on their menu that my biggest challenge is deciding which item to choose. The food is outstanding, the wait staff are very friendly, and the ambience is classy without being uncomfortable or pretentious. During lunch rush the restaurant can get rather busy and, of course the noise level goes up accordingly (but it's never all that loud). During dinner time it's much more quiet and relaxing. I can't think of any other restaurant that has food this good where I can be equally comfortable wearing hiking shorts and a tee shirt, or a suit and tie. One of the best restaurants Salt Lake City has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would CERTAINLY returnUtahVisitorDined on 8/9/2014We found this restaurant from looking at online reviews. Our experience was fabulous, and we went back a second time the next night... agin fabulous. We'd have gone back the third night if we hadn't left town. Food was great, and the environment was very relaxing. Servers were excellent.Special Features:
- Guiltless and Good For YouSamchildVIPDined on 8/9/2014It is very difficult to find something on Oasis' menu that is not good for you. The revelation is that this stuff also tastes delicious. Laid back, roomy and attentive, friendly service. A nice, enjoyable lunch without the guilt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time eating at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014I found a recommend of this restaurant on the internet and we decided to try it. Was hoping it would be good, but we have had many less than "good" meals since moving to Utah from Ohio, this restaurant lived up to the ratings on the internet site, so happy we went, we will be going back soon!Special Features:
- The following 164 reviews are from the Oasis Cafe - Salt Lake City reviews archive.
- Oasis Cafe is excellent all-aroundOrganicArchitectDined on 7/27/2014The Oasis Cafe is excellent all-around. Experienced a dinner there on a Sunday evening. Originally had planned a lunch, but after seeing their menu fare online, changed minds to experience their dinner. First time there. Sat on their patio which felt like outdoor eating, but under the cover of canvas tenting felt protected from the sun or weather, had it been inclement. Very pleasant. If you dined inside, the atmosphere is equally pleasant, appointed with a fine sense of interior design. Service was perfect. Ambiance was perfect. Food was perfect. Both myself and my friend were undecided about which entree to order, and asked the waiter's recommendation. Both proved winning selections. Without hesitation, I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner is great too!Gecko22Dined on 7/13/2014Normally go to Oasis for brunch and lunch, but thought we'd try it out for dinner. Menu was fantastic. Service from Mason was superb. Had the paprika chicken over risotto and the tasting plate both delicious. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/8/2014What a wonderful dinner. They've recently made some changes to the dinner menu and it is excellent. Our group had the Paprika Crusted Chicken, Pork Chile Verde, Seafood Coconut Curry, and Penne Pasta. Everything was delicious, expertly cooked and perfectly portioned. Our server Lindsay was fantastic. Oasis has become one of our "go to" spots for dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful Outdoor Summer BrunchLadyADined on 7/6/2014Great covered outdoor seating allowing neighborhood views. Delicious coffee cake. Fantastic menu options. I will be returning whenever I am in Salt Lake City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLC "oasis"FoodsnobDined on 6/30/2014Beautiful and delicious salads. Good offerings for vegetarians. Draft beers. We will return.Special Features:
- Something newDooleyDined on 6/21/2014My first time time there. My reservation was recognized and we were seated promptly. The food looks to have moderen sustainable agriculture in mind. I had a risotto that despite it greenish appearance was absolutely divine. The appetizers were great and abundant. There is an energy about the place but it is not so loud you can't talk in a normal voice. it is a modern style. The creme brule was also very good. The prices were surprisingly low. Yes, I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We love the Oasis. It's definitely worth the drive for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningsugarnspiceDined on 6/10/2014My grandmother and I enjoyed a lovely summer evening at the Oasis Cafe. The service was excellent, the ambiance was soothing, and the food was divine. We ate outside and had a nice meal on the patio. I highly recommend treating yourself to the Oasis Cafe.Special Features:
- Great food and great scenePokyTravelerDined on 5/16/2014Very jnice place; interesting and different food selections that are well prepared and presented. Good service and good ambiance.Special Features:
- ServicefishfoodieDined on 5/16/2014Our server was named Ty. He was outstanding! He was patient, informative and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Fabulous Mother's Day brunch!psquaredDined on 5/11/2014We made a 2:15 reservation for Mother's Day brunch, as that is the earliest afternoon reservation we could get. We were so hungry, and the mall was closed, so we went to Oasis an hour early. They were so busy, but they seated us within 10 minutes!!! The food was divine! Lots of variety! My favorite was the maple mustard glazed salmon! Our waitress was crazy funny! We really had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oasis cafe never dissapointedcastle7905Dined on 5/11/2014Oasis is great..i find my self there 2 or 3 times a week...the specials are always great and the staff i awesome...i have Never left there UnsatifiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mothers Day brunchmanyrollingpinsDined on 5/11/2014We were seated quickly with our reservation. We had never been to Oasis before and enjoyed the food. The cheeze blintzes were excellent, the baked french toast & buttermilk syrup was very good as was the potato hash. The variety was very good. The herb omlette only had a very herbs sprinkled on top that really didn't make it taste like anything other than eggs and a little cheese. Overall, the food was very good.Special Features:
- LovelyDiamondEaringDined on 5/11/2014We were there for the Mother's Day brunch. Stand outs...great coffee. Really good food. Loved the fact that the stations were not so overwhelming that you couldn't figure out what to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed-2 thumbs down!MrsJBDined on 5/6/2014I've been to this place a million times for lunch and loved it. Brought my kids for a bday dinner bcuz my 15-yr old is a vegan and this is one of the restaurants that has vegan options in SLC...service was horrendous. Place was more than half empty yet it took 20 mins for our waitress to come take our order and only bcuz we finally got up and asked if someone was going to take our order. From that point on she acted completely rude and wouldn't surprise me if she spit in our food which came 40 mins after the 20 mins we waited to order it. The ambience was really dead too, just not a lively place to go for dinner, huge contrast to the lunch hour. Bottom line, the food was decent but the service was so bad I will never go back again.Special Features:
- good but not greatslcbrunchloverDined on 5/4/2014We have frequented Oasis for brunch numerous time and we love that we can sit in the patio and bring our dog. But this last time I feel like the food was not the best that we are used to getting there. Also there were many items that we wanted and were on the menu but they had ran out of. We were a little disappointed one of out items came out a little bit before we had to leave and took it to go . We were not charged for it which was really nice of our waitress ..she was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceCdivesDined on 5/4/2014We are regulars that go to Oasis on Sundays for breakfast and we are treated with such exceptional friendliness and courtesy and professionalism. It is our favorite place to eat not just for the exceptional food but for the exceptional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it was betterwhamDined on 5/3/2014I really like the whole feel of this restaurant, but the food is just not that good. I have eaten there twice and both times I was not thrilled with my food. My fish was over cooked, and a stir fry had way to much of a peanut flavor that overpowered the dish. The grilled shrimp appetizer was good, however, I wish that for two people they would give you 4 shrimp not just 3.Special Features:
- Most excellentCERREPROVIPDined on 5/2/2014We dine out a LOT and as a result have a broad range of places to compare. We're also extremely health concience and like our dishes prepared a specific way which usually results in the kitchen needing to tweak them just a little. Oasis is as good as they get. There menu is broad. Food is quality and fantastic. Portions and prices are extremely fair. Different decor mind you but a fabulous place to dine. Specials are to die for and a real bargain too.Special Features:
- Great office lunchLMNPDined on 5/2/2014Lunch was good. Even our picky eater enjoyed it. Our table was ready and waiting after using open table to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at OasisFoodiextremeDined on 4/26/2014My friends and I had a great time at Oasis Cafe. Our waiter Marty was a gem and other than the fabulous food, he made the experience extra pleasant. Definitely recommend it for a weekend brunch if you're wanting a great place to relax, have some yummy drinks, and late brunch.Special Features:
- Great food; superior staffOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014I love going to the Oasis, especially for brunch! I don't eat eggs and many brunch places don't realize that if you don't eat egg dishes you need granola, pancakes and other dishes. Also, I really appreciate the wait staff. Even when the place is really busy, they are great. They have back up in place so that as soon as your food is ready, it is delivered to you. The popularity of the place has grown over the years so, especially for brunch, it is good to make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.