Oakville Grille and Wine Bar
10257 Old Georgetown Rd
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakvillewinebar.com/home.html
- Phone: (301) 897-9100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Melody 3018979100x
A word from Oakville Grille and Wine Bar
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar serves American cuisine in a California inspired atmosphere. Enjoy innovative cuisine and a wonderful wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (42)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (28)special occasion (23)good for groups (14)romantic (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for brunch (4)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good not greatKurlyDined on 11/15/2014for over $100 per couple I want to feel less cramped, I want better service, and if I request the round table, I want that too. I won't be rushing back.Special Features:
- TompiDined on 11/14/2014Delicious food, innovative presentation and excellent service characterized our initial visit to Oakville Grill. Noise level increased with the crowd but never disrupted conversation. A neighborhood treat well worth sampling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find.IrnieVIPDined on 11/14/2014We keep forgetting about this very fine establishment. Each time we go there, we say to ourselves that we ought to be there more frequently. Good, well prepared food with an easy menu for almost everybody. Nice, reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for lunchenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 11/14/2014The restaurant was very busy for lunch, but we received very nice service. We ordered a chicken salad and a portabella salad. Both were presented beautifully. The chicken was delicious and tender and my friend said that her salad was equally good. We had asked for a bright seat and were seated in the bay window, which was perfect. Ladies next to us, ordered the chicken sandwich with onion rings piled high. They said it was wonderful. I would definitely recommend going to Oakville Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Picky eaterTuckerDined on 11/13/2014I am a picky eater, the one who orders and gives the waiter a list of modifications ("on the side" "no salt" "on the side"....). The food here is delicious, plated beautifully, and served at the right temperature, hot or cold. And, the menu includes a balance of fresh, healthy choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DESTINATION for FOOD & CONVERSATION!LoisVIPDined on 11/13/2014A perfect spot to meet for a business lunch or dinner or just to meet friends, especially if you begin early when it is less crowded. It is possible to to order from a healthy menu of choices. Substitutions for dietary reasons, such as my no-salt regimen, are respected and the food is tasty and imaginatively presented. A wide choice of salads adds to the problem of which of several delectable descriptions to choose. Full entrees and sandwiches are also offered but the salad was so filling, there was no space left for additional dishes...nor dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine $$$LJKtownDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful meal for four people celebrating a special occasion. It is expensive, however, especially if you are ordering wine. I'm not sure if it was that specific Saturday night or the time (we ate from 6-7:30 because we wanted to make it to a movie), but the clientele was definitely older...not that there's anything wrong with that ;-) !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentSandraDined on 11/8/2014We have eaten here several times and I find that not all dishes are that good; the Cornish hen was tasteless; the fish was well prepared and the sides were good, but someone needs to find that spice rack and add some excitement to the food. We'll be back anyway; it is so convenient and they do have a good menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentJFC1VIPDined on 10/27/2014The fish, meat and chicken is always good. Salads are hearty and a wonderful lunch. Service is always great and servers are always pleasant. I eat here all the time and love it!Special Features:
- ExcellentRickyDined on 10/23/2014Great place for lunch. Good service and food. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grill is goodAmyHVIPDined on 10/22/2014The food at this Wildwood shopping center establishment is not indicative of what we think of when we dine at a grill type of restaurant. And, neither are the prices. The food was good, but not memorable. If I'm going out in the middle of the week, at least Oakville, is convenient, but the prices and the food are not drawing me back there. The food attempts to be sophisticated, and I applaud the effort, but it doesn't quite cut it for me. Perhaps, if the chef made grill-tyoe food such as burgers, club sandwiches, plentiful salads, I would return for another try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKarenVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food is wonderful. We tried 3 different appetizers and loved them all.Special Features:
- Once a monthenjoyeatingoutDined on 10/14/2014I have a business lunch here once a month. Very good restaurant.Special Features:
- CharmingMollyVIPDined on 10/6/2014Lovely atmosphere. Friendly but not hovering service. Excellent chef with varied foods. Desserts splendidSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spotFriendsnlunchDined on 9/19/2014The menu is varied and the food always great. Definitely a lunch spot to recommendSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Ambiance & ServiceGourmetFoodieDined on 9/17/2014Fresh ingredients, beautifully prepared and served! Good menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menuSandraDined on 9/13/2014As someone who prefers to eat fish rather than meat, this place has the best selection around and prices are competitive. The Chilean sea bass was nicely prepared although it comes with risotto, which is not my favorite food, and in this case was rather tasteless. Everything else was great; the spinach salad, the bread, the drinks, the service, the dessert, etc. A wonderful restaurant to have in the neighborhood, free of parking hassles, and very popular, from what one can see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive food and serviceRandyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were seated immediately and enjoyed wonderful cocktails. We were pleasantly surprised by the attentive wait staff. We had seafood and excellent coffee. Although this is a neighborhood restaurant, we forget how easy it is to park and how great the food always is. We will return soon!Special Features:
- Lunch was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/8/2014I ordered the Santa Fe salad. I thought the portion could have been a bit larger, but it tasted fine. I like how they bring slices of bread before your meal arrives.Special Features:
- Convenient, good foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014For some reason when my wife and I do the inevitable: "where do you want to go for dinner?" dance, we never think of Oakville first. But once it is suggested, we frequently choose it and we have never been disappointed. We have tried both lunch and dinner. The menu has a reasonable selection of choices to suit varied tastes and every meal we have tried has been delicious. The wait staff is friendly and attentive and have never had a problem with modifications or substitutions to make it just right. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- luv2gardenDined on 9/1/2014Our dining experience was on Monday, Labor Day. My husband and I noticed that it was largely an elderly crowd having dinner. Perhaps there is more of a mix on the weekend. We had a wine mix cocktail that was delicious. Dinner was seafood risotto. It was good, but nothing special. The calamari was rubbery, which I find more than not when I order it outside of California. We had a mushroom pizza for appetizer that was good. We will probably return for a drink and appetizer in the future.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Consistently excellent food. Five of us each had a different seafood entree and everyone was more than happy.
- Scallop salad is to die for!CaryDined on 8/29/2014We had the scallop salad with mango - OMG - it was absolutely delicious and neither one of us left a bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot!MrsK5Dined on 8/17/2014My daughter lives in Bethesda and has always wanted to try Oakville Grille! So when we visited we went there and it was great! The menu selections were perfect - there was something for everyone's taste! The wine was lovely and the service just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BumbleVIPDined on 8/15/2014Good food and service, but pricey. Especially for the portion sizes. calamari was delicious, especially with the dipping sauces of cocktail and tar tar. Side salad way over priced at 10 dollars. Maybe for a special occasion but as a regular night out for a party of 3 without alcohol a bill of over 115 dollars without tip is excessive.Special Features:
- A local favoritePickyeaterVIPDined on 8/15/2014We go to the Oakville Grille almost weekly. The staff knows us and usually knows what we are going to order before we say anything. We often go with different friends who enjoy it as much as we do. Their fish is particularly good and always fresh. I also like the chicken which is served with a delicious twice-baked potato. The wine list is nice and wines by the glass are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Lovers FindhappydinerDined on 8/12/2014Delicious food and excellent wine list! We enjoyed ourselves totally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againLightningSailorDined on 8/10/2014One of our favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent, and their wine selection is superb. We often go for special occasions, and we've never been disappointed whether with meat, poultry or fish. The salads are good and the calamari was tender and flavorful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Foodunseen18VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our dinner at Oakville. The menu was interesting and innovative. The smoked salmon pizza was very good. My scallops were perfect, some of the best I have ever eaten. My husbands steak was cooked exactly as he wanted it. The service could not have been nicer. All in all it was a very nice evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JFC1VIPDined on 8/7/2014Always love it here! Food and service is consistent--great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- The seafood salads are amazingPRawlinsVIPDined on 8/5/2014Each shrimp, scallop or salmon salad I've had is perfect. Light, perfect quantities of ingredients, and tasty! Their specials menu is always a great choice.Special Features:
- Three and a half starsLPG1VIPDined on 8/4/2014My lunch companion really enjoyed the "crab tower," but my Santa Fe Salad was marred by a very peculiar tasting lime vinaigrette and a mound of limp tortilla shreds. (On the other hand, the salad's avocado was plentiful and perfectly ripe.) Despite the uneven food, I'd return to Oakville Grille because it offers good service and a serene atmosphere perfect for conversation.
- Oakville is A-OKleniVIPDined on 7/30/2014Oakville is in a pleasant strip shopping center with upscale shops. It fits right in. The restaurant is pretty with white table cloths and a rose on every table. The food is well flavored and creative. I had a delicious grilled mushroom salad! My colleague had a salad with salmon which he said was very good. We did not have wine, but there are MANY wines available by the glass and the selections are broad and good. Bread are freshly made and creative as well. Tables are well spaced so it is easy to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 597 reviews are from the Oakville Grille and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- disappointedpoknDined on 7/23/2014When this place first opened they were great. As most places, they quickly went down hill. We heard they had gotten better lately, so we gave it another shot. Frankly the food was average at best and some items were just plain BAD. Very disappointed! We won't be back.
- MartyDined on 7/20/2014A very nice spot in a quiet shopping center with outdoor seating and a lovely dining room. Very polite, attentive, and accommodating staff. We had some well prepared dishes including a zesty gazpacho with lots of diced cucumber, celery and onions, and a well seasoned rock fish with orzo. Chef doesn't lean on salt like so many do.Special Features:
- Our favorite place to dine!SabrinaDined on 7/17/2014The Oakville Grill is our special night out restaurant! We just enjoyed our anniversary dinner there. The Caesar salad and pistachio encrusted rockfish is the perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jan18Dined on 7/16/2014Service and food at Oakville Grill is superb. I discovered it in the past few months and have enjoyed it every time I have been.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencedebandjimDined on 7/6/2014After thoroughly enjoying the Easter Sunday Brunch here, I decided that I wanted to return for my birthday. My husband, 22 year-old son and I enjoyed the menu options including cocktails, wine, appetizers, entrees and dessert. The food and the service were excellent. We appreciated that our server allowed us to go at the leisurely pace we desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/2/2014I was there with a group of 9. Service was great, food was exceptional, all enjoyed their meal. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!DonnaVIPDined on 6/30/2014Our first time back to the Bethesda area in many years and Oakville Grille was a nice surprise! Excellent wine list and the food was exceptional.Special Features: