Oakville Grille and Wine Bar
10257 Old Georgetown Rd
Bethesda, MD 20814Neighborhood:
Bethesda / Chevy Chase
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakvillewinebar.com/home.html
- Phone: 3018979100x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Melody 3018979100x
A word from Oakville Grille and Wine Bar
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar serves American cuisine in a California inspired atmosphere. Enjoy innovative cuisine and a wonderful wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Bethesda / Chevy Chase ›
Oakville Grille and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)great for lunch (44)fit for foodies (33)special occasion (28)notable wine list (23)romantic (15)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great foodKarenVIPDined on 10/16/2014The food is wonderful. We tried 3 different appetizers and loved them all.Special Features:
- Once a monthOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014I have a business lunch here once a month. Very good restaurant.Special Features:
- CharmingMollyVIPDined on 10/6/2014Lovely atmosphere. Friendly but not hovering service. Excellent chef with varied foods. Desserts splendidSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spotFriendsnlunchDined on 9/19/2014The menu is varied and the food always great. Definitely a lunch spot to recommendSpecial Features:
- Good Food, Ambiance & ServiceGourmetFoodieDined on 9/17/2014Fresh ingredients, beautifully prepared and served! Good menu selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menuSandraDined on 9/13/2014As someone who prefers to eat fish rather than meat, this place has the best selection around and prices are competitive. The Chilean sea bass was nicely prepared although it comes with risotto, which is not my favorite food, and in this case was rather tasteless. Everything else was great; the spinach salad, the bread, the drinks, the service, the dessert, etc. A wonderful restaurant to have in the neighborhood, free of parking hassles, and very popular, from what one can see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive food and serviceRandyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were seated immediately and enjoyed wonderful cocktails. We were pleasantly surprised by the attentive wait staff. We had seafood and excellent coffee. Although this is a neighborhood restaurant, we forget how easy it is to park and how great the food always is. We will return soon!Special Features:
- Lunch was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/8/2014I ordered the Santa Fe salad. I thought the portion could have been a bit larger, but it tasted fine. I like how they bring slices of bread before your meal arrives.Special Features:
- Convenient, good foodFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014For some reason when my wife and I do the inevitable: "where do you want to go for dinner?" dance, we never think of Oakville first. But once it is suggested, we frequently choose it and we have never been disappointed. We have tried both lunch and dinner. The menu has a reasonable selection of choices to suit varied tastes and every meal we have tried has been delicious. The wait staff is friendly and attentive and have never had a problem with modifications or substitutions to make it just right. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- luv2gardenDined on 9/1/2014Our dining experience was on Monday, Labor Day. My husband and I noticed that it was largely an elderly crowd having dinner. Perhaps there is more of a mix on the weekend. We had a wine mix cocktail that was delicious. Dinner was seafood risotto. It was good, but nothing special. The calamari was rubbery, which I find more than not when I order it outside of California. We had a mushroom pizza for appetizer that was good. We will probably return for a drink and appetizer in the future.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Consistently excellent food. Five of us each had a different seafood entree and everyone was more than happy.
- Scallop salad is to die for!CaryDined on 8/29/2014We had the scallop salad with mango - OMG - it was absolutely delicious and neither one of us left a bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot!MrsK5Dined on 8/17/2014My daughter lives in Bethesda and has always wanted to try Oakville Grille! So when we visited we went there and it was great! The menu selections were perfect - there was something for everyone's taste! The wine was lovely and the service just perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BumbleVIPDined on 8/15/2014Good food and service, but pricey. Especially for the portion sizes. calamari was delicious, especially with the dipping sauces of cocktail and tar tar. Side salad way over priced at 10 dollars. Maybe for a special occasion but as a regular night out for a party of 3 without alcohol a bill of over 115 dollars without tip is excessive.Special Features:
- A local favoritePickyeaterVIPDined on 8/15/2014We go to the Oakville Grille almost weekly. The staff knows us and usually knows what we are going to order before we say anything. We often go with different friends who enjoy it as much as we do. Their fish is particularly good and always fresh. I also like the chicken which is served with a delicious twice-baked potato. The wine list is nice and wines by the glass are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine Lovers FindhappydinerDined on 8/12/2014Delicious food and excellent wine list! We enjoyed ourselves totally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great againLightningSailorDined on 8/10/2014One of our favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent, and their wine selection is superb. We often go for special occasions, and we've never been disappointed whether with meat, poultry or fish. The salads are good and the calamari was tender and flavorful. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Foodunseen18VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were pleasantly surprised with our dinner at Oakville. The menu was interesting and innovative. The smoked salmon pizza was very good. My scallops were perfect, some of the best I have ever eaten. My husbands steak was cooked exactly as he wanted it. The service could not have been nicer. All in all it was a very nice evening here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Always love it here! Food and service is consistent--great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- The seafood salads are amazingPRawlinsVIPDined on 8/5/2014Each shrimp, scallop or salmon salad I've had is perfect. Light, perfect quantities of ingredients, and tasty! Their specials menu is always a great choice.Special Features:
- Three and a half starsLPG1VIPDined on 8/4/2014My lunch companion really enjoyed the "crab tower," but my Santa Fe Salad was marred by a very peculiar tasting lime vinaigrette and a mound of limp tortilla shreds. (On the other hand, the salad's avocado was plentiful and perfectly ripe.) Despite the uneven food, I'd return to Oakville Grille because it offers good service and a serene atmosphere perfect for conversation.
- Oakville is A-OKleniVIPDined on 7/30/2014Oakville is in a pleasant strip shopping center with upscale shops. It fits right in. The restaurant is pretty with white table cloths and a rose on every table. The food is well flavored and creative. I had a delicious grilled mushroom salad! My colleague had a salad with salmon which he said was very good. We did not have wine, but there are MANY wines available by the glass and the selections are broad and good. Bread are freshly made and creative as well. Tables are well spaced so it is easy to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedpoknDined on 7/23/2014When this place first opened they were great. As most places, they quickly went down hill. We heard they had gotten better lately, so we gave it another shot. Frankly the food was average at best and some items were just plain BAD. Very disappointed! We won't be back.
- MartyDined on 7/20/2014A very nice spot in a quiet shopping center with outdoor seating and a lovely dining room. Very polite, attentive, and accommodating staff. We had some well prepared dishes including a zesty gazpacho with lots of diced cucumber, celery and onions, and a well seasoned rock fish with orzo. Chef doesn't lean on salt like so many do.Special Features:
- Our favorite place to dine!SabrinaDined on 7/17/2014The Oakville Grill is our special night out restaurant! We just enjoyed our anniversary dinner there. The Caesar salad and pistachio encrusted rockfish is the perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jan18Dined on 7/16/2014Service and food at Oakville Grill is superb. I discovered it in the past few months and have enjoyed it every time I have been.Special Features:
- Great ExperiencedebandjimDined on 7/6/2014After thoroughly enjoying the Easter Sunday Brunch here, I decided that I wanted to return for my birthday. My husband, 22 year-old son and I enjoyed the menu options including cocktails, wine, appetizers, entrees and dessert. The food and the service were excellent. We appreciated that our server allowed us to go at the leisurely pace we desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/2/2014I was there with a group of 9. Service was great, food was exceptional, all enjoyed their meal. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!DonnaVIPDined on 6/30/2014Our first time back to the Bethesda area in many years and Oakville Grille was a nice surprise! Excellent wine list and the food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Nice but much too noisyanonymousVIPDined on 6/25/2014We have enjoyed Oakville for dinner in the past but... My latest experience was at lunch on a weekday. It was completely full, the tables were so close to each other they might as well have been communal tables (and communal conversations), and the noise level was absolutely impenetrable for any conversation with my friend (the noise did decrease by about 1:30-2p). If you have to go at peak lunchtime, and if the weather is good, I would strongly recommend you sit outside. They have tables out on the sidewalk which were nicely set, seemingly well attended and in the shade at lunch, and the decibel level was significantly lower (even with a few passing cars).Special Features:
- Oakville Grille - is excellentleniVIPDined on 6/23/2014What a find! I have walked by on many occasions and have not been in for years. I was delightfully surprised and pleased. the Crab tower was superb- the freshest crab with no filler stacked with avocado and more. It was a bit too hearty than what I may have desired for a "light" lunch, but I certainly managed to finish every bite. The bread is made in house and is likewise very good. My husband had a burger which he said was delicious. The service was attentive - but not cloying. And the place is pretty! White table cloths and flowers on the tables. I look forward to returning.Special Features:
- The following 588 reviews are from the Oakville Grille and Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Nice but PriceyOutofTownerDined on 6/15/2014Had a nice Fathers Day dinner. Food was very good but not great considering the price. Fantastic selection of fish dishes. Service was warm and friendly. They took back a soup I ordered (and did not like) and did not charge me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findnewfindDined on 6/15/2014We had been to Geppetto many times, but this was a first at the Grille. Great surprise Cucumber soup a real delight. Tuna carpaccio perfectly served. Good wine, nice atmosphere. Will keep in mind for future dining with guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always reliably goodSilverSpringDinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014We've never had a bad meal at Oakville Grille. Good food, relatively quiet, and excellent service. Rockfish was especially tasty, and seafood risotto is a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual eleganceCiaoMaineVIPDined on 6/6/2014Finally - a place for grown-ups. Good food, imaginatively prepared, with lots of non-red-meat options. A reduced noise level conducive to conversation (and no TVs to disrupt the mood). Cloth-covered tables set sufficiently apart so one doesn't have to hear one's neighbor's conversation. And a wide-ranging, reasonably priced wine list. What's not to love?Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/3/2014What a pleasant surprise!! Everything about this restaurant, nestled in a strip shopping center, was superb! We live in Annapolis & were looking for someplace between here & Dulles airport to meet up with my brother-in-law. It was close to the beltway and an absolutely delightful dining experience! Food was excellent and service was wonderful. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- gmanDined on 5/31/2014Food and service were great. The noise level, however, was distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably excellentSilverSpringDinerVIPDined on 5/29/2014Good place for lunch, or for dinner (especially before Strathmore. We come often. Pasta and salads especially good.Special Features:
- Very Nice Place Close to homelgowenDined on 5/24/2014We took my eighty-something Mother-in-Law out to dinner and Oakville Grille and it was perfect. We were able to chat comfortably. The food was excellent. They have an eclectic menu. I got Pad Thai and the others ordered steak. All very good. Good portions, too. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:
- Terrific lunchgirlsluncherVIPDined on 5/15/2014The best seasonal salads close to the office. Easy in and out!Special Features: