1464 W 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakleysbistro.com/
- Phone: 3178241231x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven J. Oakley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering Options Available
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Options Available, call for details
- Private Party Contact: Chris Hopkins 3178241231x
- Entertainment: No live entertainment
- Special Events: Monthly Wine Dinners, Tuesday Wine Tastings 5-6pm, holiday happenings
A word from OAKLEYS bistro
Welcome to OAKLEYS bistro where food is our passion and sharing it with our guests is our joy! To learn more about us, we encourage you to visit our website at www.oakleysbistro.com; better yet, we invite you to join us and experience for yourself that we love what we do and it shows! We’re honored with local and national recognition such as Indianapolis Monthly’s 2006 “Super Star” and 2005 “Restaurant of the Year” and Bon Appétit’s “hottest restaurant from coast to coast;” but, we most cherish the accolades from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you ~ Steven J. Oakley, Chef/Proprietor...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
OAKLEYS bistro - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
OAKLEYS bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (74)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (44)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (16)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- OverpricedlookingforbetterDined on 10/22/2014This was just disappointing. While they try to be inventive, it just somehow falls short. "Duck and Duck" entrée was tough; they tried to flavor it up with the confit but just didn't come together. For the $$, we will return to Late Harvest instead, while has never failed to be a total treat to the senses. Would not bother to return to Oakley's since there are much better choices around here.
- Always look forward to oakleysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Love the menu, the variety of excellent soups like no where else. Often just dine from their starter menu as it has so many of my favorites that I have no room for an entree. Everything is meticulously prepared, creatively developed, and presented spectacularly. Service is always great. You do need to leave room for their special unconstructed deserts, especially anything with their homemade peanut butter gelato. I'm from the east coast where there are lots of unique restaurants. It is a pleasure to discover this find here in the chain restaurant capital of the midwet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oakley's is FabulousKimHDined on 10/18/2014Oakley's is a local gem and very deceiving from the outside. It's located in a strip mall but when you walk in it is very warm, inviting and fantastic dining experience. Out waiter was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu. My husband gave him free reign to order for him and everything he chose was fabulous. The shrimp corn dog and Pumpkin Gnocchi as starters were delightful. We also had the Duck Confit and Shrimp & Wild Boar. The flavors were delicious and complimentary - we would highly recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:
- Very delicious ... varied menu...WilsonVIPDined on 10/18/2014A very nice restaurant with very good service and a great diversity of menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!AWESOMEDined on 10/16/2014This was the 3rd time we've eaten at Oakley's recently. The food is AWESOME! Not sure how they combine all those different foods and come out with truly amazing flavors, but they do it consistently! A wonderful place for a special dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely soup & tartNoNameVIPDined on 10/15/2014The venison tart was excellent, as was the ginger butternut squash soup. Perfect for a dreary rainy day!Special Features:
- Fresh Food great service-LUNCHFoodFanDined on 10/14/2014You can tell from the minute you walk in Oakley's that great care and consideraton has been given to every detail from the physical pieces of dining (heavy utensils and nice flatware) to the ingredients that go into the dishes (fresh herbs and locally grown produce). This was my first visit to Oakley's and I was not disappointed. Our waiter was very attentvie and made sure to check on us often enough to make us feel we were being observed but not so much that it was annoying. There was a steady lunch crowd and it never got to a point where we felt we had to speak loudly or strain to hear. Overall, it was a fantastic lunch. I look forward to going back for dinner..Try the creme bruelee - and thank me later!Special Features:
- Sheer perfection start to finishEGFJVIPDined on 10/11/2014This is our third trip to Oakleys and it gets better every time. Start with welcoming hostess, knowledgeable wait staff & incredible food. I am not a foodie nor am I adventurous but this restaurant has a lot for me and also for my more adventurous guests. Jar of pickles appetizer was fabulous as was the onion soup, crusty warm boule, pork tenderloin that is nothing like anything out of a typical restaurant, short ribs to die for and duck...well I don't care for duck but my husband loved it. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Cindyluv2eatDined on 10/11/2014We had our best friends and 3 college age kids come to Indianapolis and wanted to go out to eat at a nice restaurant since they all were "foodies". All I can say is they were VERY impressed with the food and raved about the quality of the food from the soup to the entree to the dessert. The food was excellent and the atmosphere and restaurant layout made it easy to talk and laugh as if we were sitting within our own home. I also want to point out how accommodating the restaurant was as our timing for eating was constantly moving earlier and later. They were able to make it all work for us and I really appreciated there help. Trust me - you won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Fantastic Meal!RonHDined on 10/11/2014In Indianapolis for the first time and had heard rumors about this place, the fact is they were understated! What a great meal and what great dishes! This is easily one of the best places I've eaten in a while. The wait staff was one of the best we've come across. They were knowledgeable, pleasant and personable, and kept a good pace flowing. The food itself was outstanding, we started with one of the night's special featuring Foie gras. Just the right mixture of pancake, micro green, sauce and well prepared & season foie gras. Not to be outdone both our main course shined with well prepared duck, seasoned with crisp skin as well as the pork dish with a depth of flavor. Next time we are back in Indy this place is at the top of my lists!Special Features:
- Amazing Special TouchesLisaDined on 10/7/2014Took my husband for a birthday celebration. They seated us in the kitchen "nook" table. The chefs greeted us and spoke with us throughout the meal. Service was AMAZING, but as good as that was the food was even better. Appetizers - dinner - wine - dessert - absolutely impeccable. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW, just wow!Gener8Dined on 9/30/2014This is the "don't judge a book by its cover" place - towards the end of a strip mall behind an Applebees, couldn't look any more common. Then we went inside. Accolades line the foyer walls. Pleasant greeting, open kitchen, chefs wearing white. The tables are far enough apart to make it comfortable. Booths line the walls. Staff share table duties, and all are exceedingly professional. We were happy with everything placed in front of us, from appetizer to soup (wanted to lick the bowl) entree and dessert. Just outstanding, and although the portions look small, we were very full and very satisfied when we left. Dinner for two, no alcohol, was $80 - worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingamazingDined on 9/30/2014hidden treasure! Unique food with creative twist! Every bit is a foodie dream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chef in Indianapolis!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Oakleys is always outstanding and Steven Oakley is a genius. We always love to taste the diverse flavors and see the beautiful presentation of his dishes. The service is very professional and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent anniversary dinner spotBrandonDined on 9/27/2014I found Oakleys on a "best of" list and wasn't sure exactly what to expect. What we found was outstanding cuisine and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but overpricedmisterproseDined on 9/25/2014We walked away from Oakley's Bistro with the thought that they thought they were fancier than they really were. We elected to go small plates and share and everything was very good, however each dish had some obvious flaw (salad wasn't well mixed, etc...)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Another great dinner at Oakley's Bistro. I took my wife and my mother to dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Great food, excellant service and a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant!ValdecapVIPDined on 9/24/2014Oakley's is my favorite restaurant in Indianapolis and in my visit the other night, it was the delicious experience I've come to expect! I started with the beet salad, which was different than many I've had, it was fresh, innovative and delicious like everything else I've ever eaten here. I then ordered the tilapia with corn risotto for my entree. The tilapia was perfectly prepared, moist and delicious and the corn risotto was one of the best risottos I've eaten. We didn't have dessert and I'm sad I didn't order one because their desserts are to die for! Always a wonderful eating experience!Special Features:
- Lovely Bistro Lunch!NLB1964Dined on 9/24/2014Lunch at Oakleys was to celebrate a colleague's birthday. We dined outside which was lovely, very relaxing, and food was very good. We both had the goat cheese salad and the lobster pot pie. I noted that the lobster pot pie was a little saltier than I would have preferred, but the flavor was very good, and for dessert, some of the flour-less chocolate tart with fruit and a candle. Overall a very good experience and a nice celebration venue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoritemdkoVIPDined on 9/23/2014We were able to dine at the chef's table for the first time, which was fun, but nothing special. The creativity and blend of flavors represented on the menu is always a treat to experience. Our server was knowledgeable about all the menu items and provided additional explanation. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and have identified this as one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner was fantastic - we'll be back. All the courses were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coming back!welbyVIPDined on 9/20/2014have thought about eating there for years but always chose someplace else, wow, did not realize what we have been missing , is different and is what we like, we will come back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our anniversary dinnerThompsons10Dined on 9/19/2014We were treated pleasantly at our dinner. The waiters were great, food was awesome. You all made our Anniversary dinner very special and we thank you. P. S. My husband LOVED his meatloaf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointmentWillbebackDined on 9/13/2014Always enjoyed in the past but not this time. So called prawns were out of the bag u20s and we're overlooked and rubbery. Also tasteless. Boar was nothing special. R Butchers block mostly pickled veggies.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014I had a tomato salad which was good but cost $13.75 for two tomatoes, sprigs of green and two pieces of shaved carrot! Overpriced... Also, my husband asked for a Hendricks gin martini. It tasted odd. The waitress then explained that you not have Hendricks gin when bringing another. She have said upfront that you do not carry the type of gin asked for. The service was also a bit slow. The restaurant was extremely loud.
- Top SpotcreeDined on 9/9/2014A real gem in the northern Indianapolis area, Oakley's was the perfect place for a special birthday lunch. The food presentation was camera worthy and loved the tastes of shrimp bisque, chicken/artichoke tart, yummy risotto. Enjoyed the fresh pea tendrils garnish on a few dishes. Cute bistro interior, outside dining too overlooking the parking lot of the strip mall. Attentive service. But, where was everybody?? We were only one of three or four tables during our hour lunch on a weekday. This restaurant deserves to be busier!Special Features:
- Completely satisfiedDisappointedDined on 9/6/2014The food was wonderful and the service very good. The presentation of the entrees was Artistic and appealingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indy1Dined on 9/6/2014Good venue for small (5-8) groups, creative menu, reasonable wines choices (quality and price)...service usually prompt and curteous, sometimes a little slow when very full (e.g. this past Saturday)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not for vegetariansTraveler2014Dined on 9/5/2014Good food, but mostly meat based. Not the best for my vegetarian wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelishSwangoDined on 8/30/2014We haven't been to Oakley's in about 8 years. It was good then...it is amazing now. Yum. Our entrées were so wonderful...The steak was quite good, although the Duck was perfectly cooked and accompanied by the perfect ingredients. The goat cheese mac n cheese and fried Brussels sprouts were so delicious and so satisfying that they could have been a meal all of its own. Even the red sauce on my daughter's pasta was incredible...fit for a 9 year old or an adult. And the featured wine was Carr estates...ok...a second bottle please. We couldn't stop making yummy sounds.Special Features:
- Among the best in IndyTNT17Dined on 8/30/2014We've been Oakley's customers for many years, and it's still among our favorites in Indy. They always do whatever they can to make the evening special. The food is uniformly excellent. Current, modern-American flavor combinations and presentations, but not heavy on fads or gimmicks. Try a variety of small and/or medium-sized dishes for the best experience.Special Features:
- Seemed Like a Good IdeaSuburbanDadDined on 8/26/2014We arrived and I began to explain to the hostess I had a reservation, her phone rang and without saying a word she picked up the receiver and began taking some one else's reservation for the weekend. A waitress then came over, took our name, and seated us. Our waitress was great but we continually had to deal with the hostess who came by to take our order but began walking away before we had finished telling her our choices We finished that little process by talking over the booth wall as she walked toward the kitchen. The spinach salad was great, the meatloaf a little too BBQ flavored and the Chicken fettuccini was a big plate but very good. The Crème Brule was fantastic. Chef Oakley thanked us as we left which helped a little.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in indyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014For a special occasion or romantic evening, this is my favorite place in indy. The service is always spot on, the food inventive and superbly prepared, and the atmosphere is elegant with being fussy. We looked the gnocchi appetiZer, and this place knows how to do duck rightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trying hard but too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The service was very good. The deviled eggs apps were tasty. The salad lacked lettuce a hand full would have made it a salad. The entrees were OK but the plates were not a meal even by European standards. The Deserts were a sample. Overall a 70 % meal at 120% price.
- Best in TownNutmegDined on 8/22/2014Our guests from Chicago always ask to go to dinner at Oakley's. They say its the best restaurant in Indianapolis. He praised the food and the waiter to the skies for knowing the menu, wine list and accommodating the special needs of our lady tuest.Special Features:
- Great local findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Great local find, great place to get caught up with a good friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always - PerfectHilotheBostonDined on 8/16/2014One of our favorite places. Every item that comes out of the kitchen is delightful and bulging with a surprise taste with each bite. The service is always excellent but not overbearing. The small plates and appetizers make a whole meal although the meals are supreme. For the quality of food you receive and the service rendered, I would say the meals are reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best.JonLucDined on 8/16/2014Celebrated our anniversary at Oakley's Bistro. This was our first visit. One of the most delicious and elegant meals we have ever eaten at a restaurant. The Tilapia was fresh from South America, not China, which was important to us. The risotto was amazing! Service was great. Wow, can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food and servicesuperiorfoodandserviceDined on 8/15/2014The staff was very helpful in the wine choice and were willing to have us not buy a bottled they opened but we didn't like. The taste and presentation of the appetizers was excellent. Everyone really liked their meals. The quantity was sufficient. The waitress was truly excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding FooddrwojoVIPDined on 8/13/2014Really an outstanding meal. Great selection of appetizers, but make sure you get the bacon wrapped apricots and the deviled eggs. There are also others, so it was hard to choose. My wife had the duck duck entree and I had the special fried chicken. Beautifully prepared and delicious. Make sure you get the fried brussel sprouts as a side. Oakley's is perhaps the best restaurant in Indy, or at least head to head with Late Harvest Kitchen. Well worth it.Special Features: