1628 Oak Lawn Avenue, Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oakdallas.com/
- Phone: 2147129700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Zenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: From intimate gatherings to large party events, Oak is the perfect place to provide a sophisticated and memorable dining experience for your guests. Our private dining room, known as The Mighty Oak, seats up to 12 people. Separated from the main dining area by sheer curtains, diners at The Mighty Oak can enjoy a gourmet meal, special privacy, or opt to become part of the entire dining room experience by a simple pull-back of the curtain. Our main dining room will accommodate up to 80 people for large parties and special events. In addition, we are able to accommodate private functions with seating up to 40 on our fully enclosed, temperature control terrace.
A word from Oak
Oak is the perfect place to BE, EAT and CELEBRATE! Nestled in the gateway to the Design District and set in the shadow of its namesake, Oak is an experience of global cuisine from a medley of cultures wrapped in a comfortable, modern design that is spiced with a sexy, avant-garde soundtrack. Simply elegant cuisine, thoughtfully crafted cocktails and a worldly yet approachable wine list gives guests the pleasure to imbibe and indulge in an intimate dining experience shared by the entire restaurant.Continued
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)fit for foodies (86)romantic (65)notable wine list (50)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (32)good for groups (26)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Dallas Must for Fine DiningbigdogandkittyDined on 9/13/2014This is a very nice restaurant with a great ambiance. The bar is very comfortable and the bartenders were very experienced and confident. The service was 5 star from the minute we walked in the door. Best of all it, the noise level was perfect. My wife and I could carry on a conversation without raising our voice but we didn't feel like we had to whisper. The menu is pretty simple looking but the food is fun, complex and delicious. The wine list was more than adequate but not overwhelming. Everything at Oak was just right!Special Features:
- Oak is BACkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Oak is definitely back. The food , with the new chef, is masterly it is varied, prepared well, and has subtle variations in taste. All four of the people at our table, 2 who had reluctantly come back raved about the dishes. One had a stunning appetizer of short ribs and squid (sounds awful) but was exquisite and I had a gorgeous compressed melon with thin slivers o cucumber on a delicious cilantro sauce base, compressed with beauty. often the main courses are not as good-but the mini short ribs were phenomenal, the scallops to die for etc etc. Wait staff was knowledgeable and adaptable making changes as requested, including gracious suggestions. Oak is really back. No TV. Serene and a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a special occasionfoodforthoughtDined on 9/12/2014In the Dallas surroundings this is one of my preferred fine dining experiences, very often in the DFW area the most renown places try to overdo the creative cooking. Oak has a good balance the menu selection and the execution is excellent. I have travelled and dined in the best restaurants around Europe where the quality of the food is outstanding, specifically thinking of Italy and France. Very often this is also due tho the availability of the best ingredients the chef can find. The chef at Oak does an excellent job with what he has at his fingertips. Also the wine selection is interesting with good variety, we found several wines reasonably priced of very good quality.Special Features:
- RagingJediDined on 9/12/2014Requested Gadi as our waiter and he made our visit an absolutely wonderful experiance. It was like the chef was at the table guiding us through the menu. I'd read some reviews about poor service, but we had nothing but spectacular service with Gadi.Special Features:
- FlawlessCriticalfoodloverDined on 9/12/2014Food was splendid. Service outstandingly polished. Excellent wine list. Just about perfect mealSpecial Features:
- Best Dining Experience!MlrhgDined on 9/11/2014Random Thursday night in Big D and decided to try Oak. That was a good call! Beautiful restaurant and the best dining experience we've had in a long time. Perfect Rye Manhattans to start. Mussel/coconut milk soup was divine. Pork chop was a religious experience and the short ribs made me wipe my plate clean with pieces of baguette. We even had chocolate tart for dessert because we didn't want dinner to end. (We never order dessert). Excellent service and lovely ambiance. Music/noise level is just right . All around awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Visiting out of town and I was using Chef Feed App to find a place for dinner. Food was outstanding, service was a 10, and our waiter did a fantastic job with recommendations on food and drinks. Highly recommend, not for someone looking for an inexpensive dining experience, but we'll worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OAK reviewMarkFromDallasVIPDined on 9/6/2014Hand crafted cocktails were very good. Best old fashioned i've had in a while..I had two in fact. I would not recommend the oysters. There were only 4, they were small and served on a rather odd bed of colored green sea salt. Our main courses were fabulous.Special Features:
- rude watitermonkey501VIPDined on 9/6/2014you would think in a restaurant like oak that waiters are trained well. not this one - he was rude & hard to get service from & his timing is just messed up. with the amount one pay to dine here and the type of service one gets not worth it. will not recommend this restaurant and will not come back. Food was ok but was diminished due to bad serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOTDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our second trip to Oak. The first was wonderful, though this trip had definite issues. The major disappointment was the lack of attentive service. Another waiter took pity on us, as we had waited an extraordinary amount of time between courses. Food was good, though not outstanding as before. Nice melon salad. Coconut mussel soup lacked flavor. Branzino main course was tasteless and oddly presented. Gnocchi side was delicious. Would have to think hard about returning again any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous RoomNickieDined on 9/5/2014The oak never disappoints. From the super cold, perfectly thrown martinis to each item on the menu... The dining experience at Oak is always delightful. Additionally, the welcome one receives as you enter the restaurant is instantly special.Special Features:
- Flavor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Dining At Oak for our anniversary we were immediately impressed with the simple elegance. We started with a Ceasar Salad which was fresh and delicious. Next the surf & turf appetizer which was amazing. The flavor combination was extraordinary. My husband had the melt in your mouth fillet and I had the chicken entree which was good, but didn't meet my expectations after the app. Service was good & we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Oak Lawn RestaurantKonacallahansVIPDined on 8/22/2014MY wife and I had an early (5:45 reservation) dinner there Friday night before the theatre. The waiter, Gadi, was a hoot. Great personality and clearly passionate about food. His descriptions were right on and the food was very good, from the caesar salad, risotto, chicken, monkfish, to the chocolate dessert. The wine list was also very nice with a large enough selection to find most any style of wine you like at most price points. We enjoyed it and wouldnt hesitate going back.Special Features:
- Everthing was greatjwalkersVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food and service, nice decor, good selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014gratly over-priced for quality of the food and portion sizes. new managers appear to be intrested in feedback so we will see.
- TerrificaJBRDined on 8/14/2014Went to Oak for the first time on Thursday and had a tremendous meal. Every course was strong and steady and the cocktails and wine matched the excellence of the food. If you have not been, or if you only hit the design district to go to the Moth or FT33, you should be sure to add Oak to your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/13/2014The food was very uneventful. The bartender had to open the safe to get change for a 20! No one was there.
- Love OakDPhillDined on 8/11/2014The food was wonderful, and the service was perfect. Great wines and Monday is half price on most wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 9th, 2014ReavitupDined on 8/9/2014We are total foodies. We went to Oak on the above date. We are still raving about Oak 11 days later. Everything we ordered from 1st cocktail, to appetizers, to Wine, to entree, to desert, coffee and Frangelica, elicited words like "oh my god, this is so gooooooood. We are looking forward to the next visit. We hope the second experience is as engulfing as the first. Btw, absolutely or the gnocchi side dish. These are gnocchi's totally different from any you've tasted. You're welcome :)Special Features:
- Great date night placeCathyDined on 8/8/2014The service was impeccable. The good choices were great...I like the fact he menu changes based on local fresh products. I had monkfish....so good.Special Features:
- LarryrmcDined on 8/4/2014Several of our party Had the Halibut, though taste was fine the fish itself was overcooked to the point of being dry. first course was excellent. Wild Alaskan salmon was excellent. plate presentation was very good.Special Features:
- My new FavLove2dineVIPDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding food and service,beautiful and we could actually hear each other...no horrible noise bouncing off the floor and walls, loved the Salmon and Halibut.....excellent salt taffy macaroonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerOakCliffDinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband, teenage son and I dined at Oak to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The wonderful food, ambience and service made it a night to remember. Some highlights: freshly made bread with sweet butter started it all off. The torchon was buttery soft and served with perfect toast, not too crunchy, not too soft. The crudo was delightfully refreshing. My son had melt in your mouth short ribs. My husband had the Alaskan Halibut with pork belly and chantarelles that was perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked. The creme fraiche cheesecake with macerated fruit was a nice light ender to our evening. On our dessert was a chocolate Happy Anniversary. We also were given a congratulatory note from the restaurant owners. Nice touch! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDinerDined on 7/30/2014We had a hard time finding this since the oak tree out in front blocks the name and the valet is in a sort of driveway, but what a nice spot. The very comfortable seating made for a relaxed atmosphere and we had plenty of time to visit before, during and after the meal. Our food was delicious and the wine excellent, though we just had wine by the glass. The menu is not extensive, but the selections are varied and unusual. An unexpectedly outstanding experience for a weeknight.Special Features:
- GradMomDined on 7/26/2014Oak is always a favorite of ours and our go-to spot for special occasions. Our most recent visit was, although a little pre-occupied with large parties, did not disappoint. Although you will look forward to enjoying your previous visits favorites, you won't find them on the menu. The Chef is constantly introducing new items, that than will become your new favorites.Special Features:
- Great Dinneraleak1202Dined on 7/26/2014I was very pleased with my experience at Oak. From the food to the service it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teegieDined on 7/26/2014You will go back again and again. The menu changes with availability of local produce and seasonal meats and seafood.Special Features:
- Great eveningtleakeyDined on 7/26/2014Husband took me there with another couple for my Birthday. The food was the best we have had in a long time. The other couple emailed me the next day and said the same thing. We ALL want to go back!!! The tables are spaced apart enough that we could carry on a conversation. Waiter made excellent choices on wine pairing and on food selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrewmDined on 7/25/2014Will try for lunch and for brunch later. We were celebrating my husband's 75 th birthday and this was a perfect choice and our first visit. Staffl is impeccable! From the moment you walk in the door until the time you leave. The halibat was some of the best I have ever eaten. A great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Must try restaurant in Dallas design district. This was our second time there and everything was just as good as the first. The restaurant is beautiful and our booth table was very comfortable. The wait staff was very attentive. I recommend the oyster appetizer and macaroons for dessert .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top in Big DLateNightMikeDined on 7/18/2014One of the best dining experiences in Dallas. Unique wine selections. For creative items, get the green fried tomato with goat cheese purée appetizer. The main course we had the halibut with a bacon reduction sauce, mushrooms and root vegetables or dinner. Great management and staff. In the hip area of the design district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummer!MnegrelliDined on 7/16/2014I made a reservation through open table but when I got there, the restaurant was closed for a privet event. I was informed about that through the valet guy..
- Great food & atmosphere...bit slowynotknowDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I went to Oak for our anniversary. Nice urban chic design.We arrived a few minutes early for our 8:30 reservation so took a seat at the bar. Bartenders were great and seemed to enjoy working together. My wife is not a bourbon drinker but she took a flyer on their "Mighty Oak" signature drink and loved it! We noticed a table for two (the one at which we were ultimately seated) open but were not told our table was ready for more than 1/2 an hour. The menu was interesting and varied. The salmon tartare opener was outstanding. My wife (she's Italian and makes homemade pasta) ordered the fettuccine. They make the pasta in house and it passed her high standards. Only neg was the rather slow pace food was delivered.Special Features:
- diverse menuwickDined on 7/11/2014lots of options with creative and delicious sides the dessert menu is creative and yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on Monday for 1/2 price winefoodmdVIPDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I had a fabulous meal, excellent service and an enjoyable experience. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. Our server knew his food well and was able to answer my foodie wife's specific questions about ingredients and techniques. Monday night is 1/2 price wine night. We had a fabuous bottle of Merryvale marked down from 150 to 75 dollars (discount applies to bottles 150 or less). Some of the reviews complain that the portions are too small. Well, Oak is NOT the cheesecake factory so don't be surprised when the portions are appropriate, delicious and yes, filling. Go, check it out, and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannes06Dined on 7/4/2014after 17 years in dallas' I finally fond the right place. Oak is perfect for inventive cuisine. will returnSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceMavsFanVIPDined on 7/3/2014We went to Oak on July 3rd which was a very quiet night for them. The service was outstanding from the start. The bartender was very knowledgeable about the wines and the menu even before we went to our table. Service was very attentive and accommodating. The food was definitely the star. We started with hearts of palm with heirloom tomatoes in coconut dressing which was an amazing blend of flavors. They split it for us and it was still a very generous portion. Next we had the fried green tomatoes which were the best I've ever had. For the main course we had halibut - crispy on top, moist and delicate inside - on a bed of peas, white asparagus and fava beans - very fresh and tasty, and quail - good, but not as stellar as the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's with the naysayers?AnahataDined on 6/28/2014After reading so many negative reviews I was tempted not to go, but glad I did. 7PM reservation on a Saturday and seated promptly. Waitstaff was efficient and knowledgeable. Our waiter made a wine suggestion at my request and it was a good one. The many comments about inadequate portion sizes seem grossly unfounded to me. We each had a starter and an entree and that was all we could eat. The food was good, imaginative, properly cooked and well plated although I can't say it had any wow factor. We did consider an after dinner drink at the bar but it was jammed by the time we were leaving so just went home. Possibly some of the bad experiences others cite are a result of arriving later in the evening, but overall we had a good time.Special Features:
- Always deliciousNickieDined on 6/27/2014Beautiful bar. You can enjoy a full dinner seated comfortably at the bar. The chef is so talented and doesn't mind working with you to fit your meal to a diet restriction. Young ladies at the front desk are always happy and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2014Our waiter, Gaddy, was very warm and very professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.