1628 Oak Lawn Avenue, Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oakdallas.com/
- Phone: 2147129700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Zenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: From intimate gatherings to large party events, Oak is the perfect place to provide a sophisticated and memorable dining experience for your guests. Our private dining room, known as The Mighty Oak, seats up to 12 people. Separated from the main dining area by sheer curtains, diners at The Mighty Oak can enjoy a gourmet meal, special privacy, or opt to become part of the entire dining room experience by a simple pull-back of the curtain. Our main dining room will accommodate up to 80 people for large parties and special events. In addition, we are able to accommodate private functions with seating up to 40 on our fully enclosed, temperature control terrace.
A word from Oak
Oak is the perfect place to BE, EAT and CELEBRATE! Nestled in the gateway to the Design District and set in the shadow of its namesake, Oak is an experience of global cuisine from a medley of cultures wrapped in a comfortable, modern design that is spiced with a sexy, avant-garde soundtrack. Simply elegant cuisine, thoughtfully crafted cocktails and a worldly yet approachable wine list gives guests the pleasure to imbibe and indulge in an intimate dining experience shared by the entire restaurant.Continued
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)fit for foodies (80)romantic (62)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (29)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Flavor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Dining At Oak for our anniversary we were immediately impressed with the simple elegance. We started with a Ceasar Salad which was fresh and delicious. Next the surf & turf appetizer which was amazing. The flavor combination was extraordinary. My husband had the melt in your mouth fillet and I had the chicken entree which was good, but didn't meet my expectations after the app. Service was good & we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Oak Lawn RestaurantKonacallahansVIPDined on 8/22/2014MY wife and I had an early (5:45 reservation) dinner there Friday night before the theatre. The waiter, Gadi, was a hoot. Great personality and clearly passionate about food. His descriptions were right on and the food was very good, from the caesar salad, risotto, chicken, monkfish, to the chocolate dessert. The wine list was also very nice with a large enough selection to find most any style of wine you like at most price points. We enjoyed it and wouldnt hesitate going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014gratly over-priced for quality of the food and portion sizes. new managers appear to be intrested in feedback so we will see.
- TerrificaJBRDined on 8/14/2014Went to Oak for the first time on Thursday and had a tremendous meal. Every course was strong and steady and the cocktails and wine matched the excellence of the food. If you have not been, or if you only hit the design district to go to the Moth or FT33, you should be sure to add Oak to your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014The food was very uneventful. The bartender had to open the safe to get change for a 20! No one was there.
- Love OakDPhillDined on 8/11/2014The food was wonderful, and the service was perfect. Great wines and Monday is half price on most wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 9th, 2014ReavitupDined on 8/9/2014We are total foodies. We went to Oak on the above date. We are still raving about Oak 11 days later. Everything we ordered from 1st cocktail, to appetizers, to Wine, to entree, to desert, coffee and Frangelica, elicited words like "oh my god, this is so gooooooood. We are looking forward to the next visit. We hope the second experience is as engulfing as the first. Btw, absolutely or the gnocchi side dish. These are gnocchi's totally different from any you've tasted. You're welcome :)Special Features:
- Great date night placeCathyDined on 8/8/2014The service was impeccable. The good choices were great...I like the fact he menu changes based on local fresh products. I had monkfish....so good.Special Features:
- LarryrmcDined on 8/4/2014Several of our party Had the Halibut, though taste was fine the fish itself was overcooked to the point of being dry. first course was excellent. Wild Alaskan salmon was excellent. plate presentation was very good.Special Features:
- My new FavLove2dineDined on 8/2/2014Outstanding food and service,beautiful and we could actually hear each other...no horrible noise bouncing off the floor and walls, loved the Salmon and Halibut.....excellent salt taffy macaroonsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinnerOakCliffDinerVIPDined on 8/1/2014My husband, teenage son and I dined at Oak to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The wonderful food, ambience and service made it a night to remember. Some highlights: freshly made bread with sweet butter started it all off. The torchon was buttery soft and served with perfect toast, not too crunchy, not too soft. The crudo was delightfully refreshing. My son had melt in your mouth short ribs. My husband had the Alaskan Halibut with pork belly and chantarelles that was perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked. The creme fraiche cheesecake with macerated fruit was a nice light ender to our evening. On our dessert was a chocolate Happy Anniversary. We also were given a congratulatory note from the restaurant owners. Nice touch! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningDinerDined on 7/30/2014We had a hard time finding this since the oak tree out in front blocks the name and the valet is in a sort of driveway, but what a nice spot. The very comfortable seating made for a relaxed atmosphere and we had plenty of time to visit before, during and after the meal. Our food was delicious and the wine excellent, though we just had wine by the glass. The menu is not extensive, but the selections are varied and unusual. An unexpectedly outstanding experience for a weeknight.Special Features:
- GradMomDined on 7/26/2014Oak is always a favorite of ours and our go-to spot for special occasions. Our most recent visit was, although a little pre-occupied with large parties, did not disappoint. Although you will look forward to enjoying your previous visits favorites, you won't find them on the menu. The Chef is constantly introducing new items, that than will become your new favorites.Special Features:
- Great Dinneraleak1202Dined on 7/26/2014I was very pleased with my experience at Oak. From the food to the service it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- teegieDined on 7/26/2014You will go back again and again. The menu changes with availability of local produce and seasonal meats and seafood.Special Features:
- Great eveningtleakeyDined on 7/26/2014Husband took me there with another couple for my Birthday. The food was the best we have had in a long time. The other couple emailed me the next day and said the same thing. We ALL want to go back!!! The tables are spaced apart enough that we could carry on a conversation. Waiter made excellent choices on wine pairing and on food selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrewmDined on 7/25/2014Will try for lunch and for brunch later. We were celebrating my husband's 75 th birthday and this was a perfect choice and our first visit. Staffl is impeccable! From the moment you walk in the door until the time you leave. The halibat was some of the best I have ever eaten. A great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Must try restaurant in Dallas design district. This was our second time there and everything was just as good as the first. The restaurant is beautiful and our booth table was very comfortable. The wait staff was very attentive. I recommend the oyster appetizer and macaroons for dessert .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top in Big DLateNightMikeDined on 7/18/2014One of the best dining experiences in Dallas. Unique wine selections. For creative items, get the green fried tomato with goat cheese purée appetizer. The main course we had the halibut with a bacon reduction sauce, mushrooms and root vegetables or dinner. Great management and staff. In the hip area of the design district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bummer!MnegrelliDined on 7/16/2014I made a reservation through open table but when I got there, the restaurant was closed for a privet event. I was informed about that through the valet guy..
- Great food & atmosphere...bit slowynotknowDined on 7/11/2014My wife and I went to Oak for our anniversary. Nice urban chic design.We arrived a few minutes early for our 8:30 reservation so took a seat at the bar. Bartenders were great and seemed to enjoy working together. My wife is not a bourbon drinker but she took a flyer on their "Mighty Oak" signature drink and loved it! We noticed a table for two (the one at which we were ultimately seated) open but were not told our table was ready for more than 1/2 an hour. The menu was interesting and varied. The salmon tartare opener was outstanding. My wife (she's Italian and makes homemade pasta) ordered the fettuccine. They make the pasta in house and it passed her high standards. Only neg was the rather slow pace food was delivered.Special Features:
- diverse menuwickDined on 7/11/2014lots of options with creative and delicious sides the dessert menu is creative and yummySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on Monday for 1/2 price winefoodmdVIPDined on 7/7/2014My wife and I had a fabulous meal, excellent service and an enjoyable experience. Everyone was friendly and knowledgeable. Our server knew his food well and was able to answer my foodie wife's specific questions about ingredients and techniques. Monday night is 1/2 price wine night. We had a fabuous bottle of Merryvale marked down from 150 to 75 dollars (discount applies to bottles 150 or less). Some of the reviews complain that the portions are too small. Well, Oak is NOT the cheesecake factory so don't be surprised when the portions are appropriate, delicious and yes, filling. Go, check it out, and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cannes06Dined on 7/4/2014after 17 years in dallas' I finally fond the right place. Oak is perfect for inventive cuisine. will returnSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Food and ServiceMavsFanVIPDined on 7/3/2014We went to Oak on July 3rd which was a very quiet night for them. The service was outstanding from the start. The bartender was very knowledgeable about the wines and the menu even before we went to our table. Service was very attentive and accommodating. The food was definitely the star. We started with hearts of palm with heirloom tomatoes in coconut dressing which was an amazing blend of flavors. They split it for us and it was still a very generous portion. Next we had the fried green tomatoes which were the best I've ever had. For the main course we had halibut - crispy on top, moist and delicate inside - on a bed of peas, white asparagus and fava beans - very fresh and tasty, and quail - good, but not as stellar as the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's with the naysayers?AnahataDined on 6/28/2014After reading so many negative reviews I was tempted not to go, but glad I did. 7PM reservation on a Saturday and seated promptly. Waitstaff was efficient and knowledgeable. Our waiter made a wine suggestion at my request and it was a good one. The many comments about inadequate portion sizes seem grossly unfounded to me. We each had a starter and an entree and that was all we could eat. The food was good, imaginative, properly cooked and well plated although I can't say it had any wow factor. We did consider an after dinner drink at the bar but it was jammed by the time we were leaving so just went home. Possibly some of the bad experiences others cite are a result of arriving later in the evening, but overall we had a good time.Special Features:
- Always deliciousNickieDined on 6/27/2014Beautiful bar. You can enjoy a full dinner seated comfortably at the bar. The chef is so talented and doesn't mind working with you to fit your meal to a diet restriction. Young ladies at the front desk are always happy and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2014Our waiter, Gaddy, was very warm and very professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past it's primeimonsecondVIPDined on 6/24/2014My 3rd visit to Oak was a so-so experience. Try the Seared Scallops or the Halibut which are reliably pretty good. Beyond that the starters and other entrees were okay but not spectacular. It's a very trendy place but I think it's lost some of it's pizzazz. As for service, there seems to be a lot of staff hovering "elsewhere" i.e., it was difficult to get anyone's attention.Special Features:
- Agonizingly slow serviceeljgmpDined on 6/23/2014I don't normally fill out these surveys, but the service was horrible--couldn't have been slower. The portion sizes were a joke, and the food was average at best. I had the fish and it was SO salty, it didn't even taste like fish. I brought a group of colleagues with me for this nice meal, which was somewhat embarrassing. This was my first and last time at Oak.Special Features:
- Great spotFoodFiendDined on 6/21/2014Variety of entrees was very good. Food was fresh and prepared nicely. Waiter was very knowledgeable about the offerings. Only complaint was that the bus boys were getting a bit too comfortable in the dinning room (walking around with a football, removing their uniform shirts, etc) before we received our dessert. That felt a bit rushed, and our reservation was for 9:15pm, so not too late. We would go there again, but would try to eat earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OakSirSpeedDined on 6/21/2014Atmosphere, food and service were all very good. We went for a romantic dinner and it was our first time there. We enjoyed the entire experience but the salmon and halibut dishes we a bit too salty. Still very good overall, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDB13Dined on 6/21/2014As I was searching for a romantic restaurant to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary, I came across The Oak and simply feel in love with traditional old school, yet modern look of the restaurant. My husband and I had a wonderful experience and we couldn't have asked for more! From start to end, our waiter was amazing with detail along with the rest of the staff. They made it even more special as they wrote in chocolate "Happy Anniversary" on our dessert. Next came an Anniversary card with a special note from the staff. It was an absolutely "Perfect" experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/20/2014Everything from the cheese flight to the short rib and halibut, anything you eat here is guaranteed to be great. Also had a French Amarone which was delicious! Also provided a handwritten Bday card - what a nice personalized touchSpecial Features:
- Very dissapointedDissappointedDined on 6/14/2014Portions were super small and didn't taste good. Service was slow. Nothing like the first time I went.
- Very Good FoodGlennDined on 6/14/2014Oak is very nice and the food was perfect. The plating was special and the food well prepared exactly as you would expect from a restaurant like this. The interior is very trendy and had a great vibe. Very good restaurant that I would recommend others try.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014This was a great place. The waiter, the chef coming to speak with us and explain his experiences, and everyone that served us made this place special.Special Features:
- DfwtravelerDfwtravelerDined on 6/13/2014I hate to start out a review with one of those "I used to live in NY" comments, but I did. I am in no means a native New Yorker and am well aware of its pitfalls. However, I have had some of the most top notch meals there as well as SFO, Napa, Paris and Portland. I had hoped to experience this at Oak before I move from Dallas shortly. NOT THE CASE. Absolute mess from start to finish. No one in the restaurant on a Friday night should have been a sign. I read about this restaurant in D Magazine. Won't ever look there again. We were given a bad table on the 'porch', drinks were late, service was horrible, food mediocre and definitely not worth it. Overrated and did I mention service was HORRIBLE. So disappointed. Overpriced to boot.
- Remarkable DEFINITELY recommend. !ShirlGirlDined on 6/12/2014Your senses are triggered and tantalized as you smell the soaked woods lining the path of your entrance into the door. Upon entering we were warmly greeted and never pressured to move from the bar to our group seating area. Our waiter was beyond words and made our experience truly remarkable. He made me look like a hero for not only the venue selection but the food presentation and overall experience. We will definitely be back AND we are bringing the same client back in October.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great MealPhillyFoodLoverDined on 6/7/2014Third time at Oak and they continue to impress. Great service, enjoyable atmosphere and the food is just terrific. I've been there for business and I've been there for pleasure, and each time the food is the highlight of the evening with a big assist from the knowledgeable staff. The cheese board is incredible. All the apps are terrific, perfect for a glass of champagne and some apps at the bar if you don't want to get a table.Special Features: