1628 Oak Lawn Avenue, Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oakdallas.com/
- Phone: 2147129700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Zenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: From intimate gatherings to large party events, Oak is the perfect place to provide a sophisticated and memorable dining experience for your guests. Our private dining room, known as The Mighty Oak, seats up to 12 people. Separated from the main dining area by sheer curtains, diners at The Mighty Oak can enjoy a gourmet meal, special privacy, or opt to become part of the entire dining room experience by a simple pull-back of the curtain. Our main dining room will accommodate up to 80 people for large parties and special events. In addition, we are able to accommodate private functions with seating up to 40 on our fully enclosed, temperature control terrace.
A word from Oak
Oak is the perfect place to BE, EAT and CELEBRATE! Nestled in the gateway to the Design District and set in the shadow of its namesake, Oak is an experience of global cuisine from a medley of cultures wrapped in a comfortable, modern design that is spiced with a sexy, avant-garde soundtrack. Simply elegant cuisine, thoughtfully crafted cocktails and a worldly yet approachable wine list gives guests the pleasure to imbibe and indulge in an intimate dining experience shared by the entire restaurant.Continued
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)special occasion (95)romantic (66)notable wine list (54)neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (36)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (16)great for lunch (13)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Blown awayBaylorADined on 10/18/2014The service, presentation, attention to detail, and food were all outstanding! Would love to return soon!Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchDiningthrudallasDined on 10/16/2014Oak is officially my "go-to" for business lunches. Hope to try dinner soon. If lunch was any indication of dinner menu, it will fabulous!Special Features:
- AnonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Awesome Brussels sprouts. Branzino was unusually strong in flavor. Great atmosphere, good food.Special Features:
- Great food poor valuePeteluv2eatDined on 10/15/2014Oak is a great restaurant but value for price is really lacking. When you eat appetizer's that cost $6 per bite and mini main course portions for their prices its a turn off. Don't get me wrong food is great just no value for price.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentPamdinesoutDined on 10/11/2014I"ve eaten at Oak twice now and each time it was a delightful experience. The food was flawlessly prepared, the service was very good and the evening was enjoyable in every way. On my last visit I had the oysters and the beef cheek entree, both equisite. We also appreciated the knowledgeable wait staff who made numerous helpful suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumDined on 10/11/2014Very sophisticated restaurant with a nice atmosphere and extremely interesting menu. Food and wine were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and ambianceDiningTeachDined on 10/11/2014I have been planning on coming here since it opened, and so glad I finally did! The service is impeccable, the food deliiiiiiiicious, and specialty drinks creative. I will definitely be coming back. Highly recommended for a nice date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and great foodTravelgirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food! Very interest items that taste great! Service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oknotafanDined on 10/8/2014Looks better than it tastes. Glass which they served was stinking with fish smell.Special Features:
- Gr8 Atmosphere exceptional serviceFoodLoversDined on 10/7/2014party of 8 on Tuesday night so it was not crowed, exceptional services, very attentive servers. Several great appetizers but nothing stands out. Entree were decent, Short Ribs again was probably the best we had in DFW area. Branzinos was decent but nothing exceptional. Missing the days of the original chef and his Pork Jowl with Octopus appetizers (melt in your mouth tender) and crisp on the outside. That was exceptional and the best dishes we ever had, and what brought us back to try out the new chef at Oak. We are not looking for same food created by the previous chef but we do look for the outstanding dishes that was his own and I would have to say that the best dishes for the night was the Short Ribs and 2great desserts out of the threeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner at OakdlehnorttDined on 10/4/2014I had heard exceptional reviews from some friends, mediocre reviews from others. However, our dining experience at Oak was exceptional. The service was outstanding, the food was amazing, and the patio setting was perfect for the cool evening. From the moment we were greeted at the door, to when we left the restaurant, all of the staff were friendly and professional. Sam, our waiter, answered all of our questions about various menu items, and made several excellent recommendations about food and wine pairings. He also had a great sense of humor, and his timing (with respect to checking on us through appetizers and dinner) was perfect. We will definitely return to Oak, sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceDallasFoodieDined on 9/30/2014Service can make or break any fine dining experience. At Oak, it is the specialty of the house, backed by a well-crated menu with something fresh to suit any mood or taste. Oak is at the same time casual and formal -- a comfortable and satisfying choice for the neighborhood or the visitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedawesomebrandiDined on 9/29/2014We are pretty hard to impress these days, but we really enjoyed Oak. The food was good, the service was great and the ambiance was nice. We LOVED their brussels sprouts and the gnocchi sides. I wished I could take them home by the 5 gallon bucket full.Special Features:
- great for a celebration.CelebrationDined on 9/29/2014I took a friend for his birthday. Oak made it a lovely and delicious night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelled in all phasesTopDogDined on 9/25/2014I took a business collegue from India who's also a vegeterian and he declared. ' The Trio of Eggplant was the best dish he'd ever had' I tried the Beef Short Rib and the beef was moist and tender! Simply devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/25/2014I have dined at Oak for both lunch and dinner. Every time the service, food, and ambience far exceeds my expectations. If you have the opportunity to dine at oak you MUST request Gadi. He takes you through a journey of their menu, offering an expertise unlike any other waiter I have ever had. Providing knowledge on the food preparation and pairing, and a description of flavors that makes you wish you could try every dish. Last time we were at Oak everyone at our table truly enjoyed their dishes....plates were left clean. I highly recommend a nigh out at Oak with friends and family you will definitely come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Off DayDinesOutOftenVIPDined on 9/25/2014I've dined at Oak before and was really impressed but during a lunch meeting with clients last week, the service failed to impress. Our waiter seemed to be the only server on the floor and requests took way longer than they should have to be filled. Our server seemed frazzled despite a relatively empty restaurant. The food was still fantastic, especially the desserts. I hope the service was just an off day, but I will hesitate to recommend this to anyone for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Worst Lunch ServicewgehirgDined on 9/25/2014Was probably the slowest service ever had, only received half of what I ordered, server never asked how I wanted my meat cooked and was the rarest burger I could not even eat it. I had two clients with me...I would not take business clients there again. I have eaten at Oak in the past for dinner and previously when they use to be open for lunch. This was a horrible expierance.Special Features:
- Excellent!TravisVIPDined on 9/23/2014Honestly, the best double cut pork chop I've ever had. Very, very good!Special Features:
- A Dallas Must for Fine DiningbigdogandkittyDined on 9/13/2014This is a very nice restaurant with a great ambiance. The bar is very comfortable and the bartenders were very experienced and confident. The service was 5 star from the minute we walked in the door. Best of all it, the noise level was perfect. My wife and I could carry on a conversation without raising our voice but we didn't feel like we had to whisper. The menu is pretty simple looking but the food is fun, complex and delicious. The wine list was more than adequate but not overwhelming. Everything at Oak was just right!Special Features:
- Oak is BACkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Oak is definitely back. The food , with the new chef, is masterly it is varied, prepared well, and has subtle variations in taste. All four of the people at our table, 2 who had reluctantly come back raved about the dishes. One had a stunning appetizer of short ribs and squid (sounds awful) but was exquisite and I had a gorgeous compressed melon with thin slivers o cucumber on a delicious cilantro sauce base, compressed with beauty. often the main courses are not as good-but the mini short ribs were phenomenal, the scallops to die for etc etc. Wait staff was knowledgeable and adaptable making changes as requested, including gracious suggestions. Oak is really back. No TV. Serene and a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for a special occasionfoodforthoughtDined on 9/12/2014In the Dallas surroundings this is one of my preferred fine dining experiences, very often in the DFW area the most renown places try to overdo the creative cooking. Oak has a good balance the menu selection and the execution is excellent. I have travelled and dined in the best restaurants around Europe where the quality of the food is outstanding, specifically thinking of Italy and France. Very often this is also due tho the availability of the best ingredients the chef can find. The chef at Oak does an excellent job with what he has at his fingertips. Also the wine selection is interesting with good variety, we found several wines reasonably priced of very good quality.Special Features:
- RagingJediDined on 9/12/2014Requested Gadi as our waiter and he made our visit an absolutely wonderful experiance. It was like the chef was at the table guiding us through the menu. I'd read some reviews about poor service, but we had nothing but spectacular service with Gadi.Special Features:
- FlawlessCriticalfoodloverDined on 9/12/2014Food was splendid. Service outstandingly polished. Excellent wine list. Just about perfect mealSpecial Features:
- Best Dining Experience!MlrhgDined on 9/11/2014Random Thursday night in Big D and decided to try Oak. That was a good call! Beautiful restaurant and the best dining experience we've had in a long time. Perfect Rye Manhattans to start. Mussel/coconut milk soup was divine. Pork chop was a religious experience and the short ribs made me wipe my plate clean with pieces of baguette. We even had chocolate tart for dessert because we didn't want dinner to end. (We never order dessert). Excellent service and lovely ambiance. Music/noise level is just right . All around awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Visiting out of town and I was using Chef Feed App to find a place for dinner. Food was outstanding, service was a 10, and our waiter did a fantastic job with recommendations on food and drinks. Highly recommend, not for someone looking for an inexpensive dining experience, but we'll worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OAK reviewMarkFromDallasVIPDined on 9/6/2014Hand crafted cocktails were very good. Best old fashioned i've had in a while..I had two in fact. I would not recommend the oysters. There were only 4, they were small and served on a rather odd bed of colored green sea salt. Our main courses were fabulous.Special Features:
- rude watitermonkey501VIPDined on 9/6/2014you would think in a restaurant like oak that waiters are trained well. not this one - he was rude & hard to get service from & his timing is just messed up. with the amount one pay to dine here and the type of service one gets not worth it. will not recommend this restaurant and will not come back. Food was ok but was diminished due to bad serviceSpecial Features:
- DisappointedOTDinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was our second trip to Oak. The first was wonderful, though this trip had definite issues. The major disappointment was the lack of attentive service. Another waiter took pity on us, as we had waited an extraordinary amount of time between courses. Food was good, though not outstanding as before. Nice melon salad. Coconut mussel soup lacked flavor. Branzino main course was tasteless and oddly presented. Gnocchi side was delicious. Would have to think hard about returning again any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous RoomNickieDined on 9/5/2014The oak never disappoints. From the super cold, perfectly thrown martinis to each item on the menu... The dining experience at Oak is always delightful. Additionally, the welcome one receives as you enter the restaurant is instantly special.Special Features:
- Flavor ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Dining At Oak for our anniversary we were immediately impressed with the simple elegance. We started with a Ceasar Salad which was fresh and delicious. Next the surf & turf appetizer which was amazing. The flavor combination was extraordinary. My husband had the melt in your mouth fillet and I had the chicken entree which was good, but didn't meet my expectations after the app. Service was good & we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Oak Lawn RestaurantKonacallahansVIPDined on 8/22/2014MY wife and I had an early (5:45 reservation) dinner there Friday night before the theatre. The waiter, Gadi, was a hoot. Great personality and clearly passionate about food. His descriptions were right on and the food was very good, from the caesar salad, risotto, chicken, monkfish, to the chocolate dessert. The wine list was also very nice with a large enough selection to find most any style of wine you like at most price points. We enjoyed it and wouldnt hesitate going back.Special Features:
- Everthing was greatjwalkersVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food and service, nice decor, good selection.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014gratly over-priced for quality of the food and portion sizes. new managers appear to be intrested in feedback so we will see.
- TerrificaJBRDined on 8/14/2014Went to Oak for the first time on Thursday and had a tremendous meal. Every course was strong and steady and the cocktails and wine matched the excellence of the food. If you have not been, or if you only hit the design district to go to the Moth or FT33, you should be sure to add Oak to your list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/13/2014The food was very uneventful. The bartender had to open the safe to get change for a 20! No one was there.
- Love OakDPhillDined on 8/11/2014The food was wonderful, and the service was perfect. Great wines and Monday is half price on most wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 9th, 2014ReavitupDined on 8/9/2014We are total foodies. We went to Oak on the above date. We are still raving about Oak 11 days later. Everything we ordered from 1st cocktail, to appetizers, to Wine, to entree, to desert, coffee and Frangelica, elicited words like "oh my god, this is so gooooooood. We are looking forward to the next visit. We hope the second experience is as engulfing as the first. Btw, absolutely or the gnocchi side dish. These are gnocchi's totally different from any you've tasted. You're welcome :)Special Features:
- Great date night placeCathyDined on 8/8/2014The service was impeccable. The good choices were great...I like the fact he menu changes based on local fresh products. I had monkfish....so good.Special Features:
- LarryrmcDined on 8/4/2014Several of our party Had the Halibut, though taste was fine the fish itself was overcooked to the point of being dry. first course was excellent. Wild Alaskan salmon was excellent. plate presentation was very good.Special Features: