1628 Oak Lawn Avenue, Suite 110
Dallas, TX 75207Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.oakdallas.com/
- Phone: (214) 712-9700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Zenner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: From intimate gatherings to large party events, Oak is the perfect place to provide a sophisticated and memorable dining experience for your guests. Our private dining room, known as The Mighty Oak, seats up to 12 people. Separated from the main dining area by sheer curtains, diners at The Mighty Oak can enjoy a gourmet meal, special privacy, or opt to become part of the entire dining room experience by a simple pull-back of the curtain. Our main dining room will accommodate up to 80 people for large parties and special events. In addition, we are able to accommodate private functions with seating up to 40 on our fully enclosed, temperature control terrace.
A word from Oak
Oak is the perfect place to BE, EAT and CELEBRATE! Nestled in the gateway to the Design District and set in the shadow of its namesake, Oak is an experience of global cuisine from a medley of cultures wrapped in a comfortable, modern design that is spiced with a sexy, avant-garde soundtrack. Simply elegant cuisine, thoughtfully crafted cocktails and a worldly yet approachable wine list gives guests the pleasure to imbibe and indulge in an intimate dining experience shared by the entire restaurant.Continued
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Sleek, inviting, and comfortable design elements.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Oak reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (116)special occasion (99)romantic (79)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (49)hot spot (39)good for groups (28)great for outdoor dining (18)great for lunch (14)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Beauty on a plate.planxaDined on 11/24/2014I would recommend this restaurant for groups and even private exquisite dining this is a very well prepared atmosphere the dishes are tasty and reflect some of the local talent that we have in dollarsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014Oak has come along way since it opened with the original chef. I love this chef and think it has found its stride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shining Bright Againsag1VIPDined on 11/18/2014The new chef has returned the dining to its original excellence. Smoked quail app was simulanteously subtle and complex, evoking lovely flavors of the season. Pork osso bucco had a surprising flavorful crisp on the outside with moist fall apart meat on the inside, and the bean ragout side was tasty enough to eat on its own. Several delightful vegetarian options, including on this night an eggplant 3 ways entree to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A so-so experienceFrequentDinerDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant choice was part of a Saturday night "date night". We had 6:00 reservations, thinking that would give us plenty of time to make the Mavs game tip off. There were only two other occupied tables when we seated and we still didn't make it to our Mavs seats until after 8pm. I understand patrons don't like to be rushed to enjoy the "dining experience", but it was slow even by that standard for an appetizer and entree. The two-star rating isn't as harsh as it seems; it has a nice decor, and the food was certainly satisfactory, although we were probably expecting more at this price point. It was a surprisingly older crowd (and I'm saying that as a 50-year old). We were glad we tried it, but I don't see us going back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Service suffered from 2 large parties next to us. These things happen on a Saturday night, but not the experiences I've had before. Will still go back, but was disappointed by the evening's service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Dessert UnderwhelminglovedallascuisineDined on 11/12/2014The interior is absolutely stunning. The appetizers and entrees were delicious, but the pumpkin panna cotta was bland. When we told our server, he didn't offer to bring us something else or take it off the bill. Not worth the extra ten dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreateatsGreateatsDined on 11/11/2014Great spot with outstanding food and service. Only issue was the Wife and I were seated next to a large group that were having a very large time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointing experience.DandyrooDined on 11/10/2014After reading and hearing about Oak for some time now, we have wanted to try it. We were excited to go and expected to have an amazing meal. Unfortunately we were disappointed. The Fairytale Pumpkin Risotto was over cooked and over dressed. The Coconut soup was thin and over seasoned. The Pork Chop was almost burned with too much garlic. The cod was dry. The quail appetizer was good but a little too smokey. The tenderloin was well cooked and tasty. In general the meal was very expensive and not well prepared. One would expect much more from such an establishment. It is almost as though the cooks are not tasting the food they cook. Oak is a very nice environment and the people seem friendly enough. Unfortunately the food is well below peers. As such we will not be back. There are too many better options in Dallas.
- Gourmet DelighttastyfoodieDined on 11/10/2014Friendly, attentive and professional wait staff; served with an unobtrusive flair; knowledgeable of all menu items and wines; went out of their way to please and accommodate. Excellent menu selections; inventive appetizers and main courses with visual appeal and complimentary but contrasting tastes. Imaginative pairings of veggies with main courses. Definitely a place to return to sample more of the chef’s fine offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak is a wonderful restaurantluv2dineVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had a wonderful meal at Oak, although the timing of clearing our salads and bringing our entrees was very poor - either the entrees were brought too fast, or someone failed to clear our first course dishes. This can clearly be fixed. The food was very good; service was attentive and the restaurant is very nice. They do need some senior level management in the restaurant which was missing. We were not certain who was in charge per se.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Experience at OakPamelaDined on 11/7/2014Oak is a lovely restaurant with lovely ambience. The food was beautifully prepared and presented. I particularly enjoyed the Cod dish featured on the menu. I did feel however, that our waiter was not as attentive as he could have been for a restaurant of this type. It seemed like they may have been short staffed that evening.Special Features:
- Not Quite Fit for This FoodieChrisAVIPDined on 11/5/2014The restaurant has a great look and feel. The décor whispered opulence. Unfortunately the food didn't win any awards with me. I had the beef cheeks and dinner was lukewarm and a bit on the greasy side. The tomato and cucumber salad was good. Unfortunately the entre wasn't. The service was OK but not what I would call excellent.Special Features:
- Great 1st Experience!RobertTXDined on 11/1/2014Attended a benefit concert at the Sammon's Center for the Arts and was looking for a great spot for dinner afterwards. Came upon OAK by doing a search and thought we would give it a try. The food was amazing and had the most interesting combinations. Service was excellent (Timothy was our waiter). My only compliant was that due to appetizers, our meal and sides, we didn't leave room for desert which looked fantastic as well. Definitely a great experience, will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An undercover WowEatsDined on 10/31/2014Usually "hot" places are not fabulous on food. This is one of the best meals food wise I have had in a long time. Food was in a word excellent. Portions were correct. Favors did not overpowere the dishes but delightfully enchanted them. Oysters were to die for, very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All over - greatVEBDCDined on 10/29/2014From the friendly and generous bartender to the thoughtful and professional staff - from host to servers - ours was a great experience. We'd recommend Oak to friends and colleagues for a special evening of tasty food and well prepared drinks. I especially appreciated the vegetarian-friendly selections throughout the menu. Prices were very reasonable, ranging from $13 cocktail to $35 entree. I can almost forgive the staff turning on a baseball game on their only flat screen TV since it was the last game of the World Series. However, it did somewhat destroy the ambiance.Special Features:
- Consistently Good - Give It A TryBHDFWVIPDined on 10/27/2014This restaurant has made it to the top of our rotation list - great food - attentive service - all they need to do is fix their half price wine offer and they will have superlatives across the board.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulHawthorneDined on 10/25/2014Everything was great from start to finish - from the smoked quail to the pork (and fish dishes) plus the dessert. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationbulldoggerDined on 10/25/2014We had a lovely evening at Oak out on the veranda. Our server was friendly, personable and attentive. Most of the food choices were terrific: the pumpkin risotto, the caesar and baby greens salads, the sides of gnocchi and brussel sprouts. My husband was a little disappointed with the pork chop but the personalized and comped dessert made up for it. We even got an anniversary card from the owners:)Special Features:
- Interesting combination of flavorsSargeincharge1Dined on 10/24/2014It was pretty good but they were trying to combine so many flavors that don't always go well together that sometimes, it just didn't turn out great. Pork chop was so-so, beef tenderloin was great. Wine was by the bottle only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dallas dinerDallasdinerDined on 10/23/2014We have always enjoyed dinner at Oak, so we were glad the restaurant is now open for lunch. However, it was a big disappointment. The menu is limited and not very appealing. We settled on two salads that were very ho-hum. The tuna "confit" in the nicoise was just a piece of tuna cooked done with no flavor. Will definitely return for dinner but not for lunch.Special Features:
- Blown awayBaylorADined on 10/18/2014The service, presentation, attention to detail, and food were all outstanding! Would love to return soon!Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchDiningthrudallasDined on 10/16/2014Oak is officially my "go-to" for business lunches. Hope to try dinner soon. If lunch was any indication of dinner menu, it will fabulous!Special Features:
- AnonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Awesome Brussels sprouts. Branzino was unusually strong in flavor. Great atmosphere, good food.Special Features:
- Great food poor valuePeteluv2eatDined on 10/15/2014Oak is a great restaurant but value for price is really lacking. When you eat appetizer's that cost $6 per bite and mini main course portions for their prices its a turn off. Don't get me wrong food is great just no value for price.Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentPamdinesoutDined on 10/11/2014I"ve eaten at Oak twice now and each time it was a delightful experience. The food was flawlessly prepared, the service was very good and the evening was enjoyable in every way. On my last visit I had the oysters and the beef cheek entree, both equisite. We also appreciated the knowledgeable wait staff who made numerous helpful suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumDined on 10/11/2014Very sophisticated restaurant with a nice atmosphere and extremely interesting menu. Food and wine were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and ambianceDiningTeachDined on 10/11/2014I have been planning on coming here since it opened, and so glad I finally did! The service is impeccable, the food deliiiiiiiicious, and specialty drinks creative. I will definitely be coming back. Highly recommended for a nice date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphere and great foodTravelgirlVIPDined on 10/10/2014Great food! Very interest items that taste great! Service was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oknotafanDined on 10/8/2014Looks better than it tastes. Glass which they served was stinking with fish smell.Special Features:
- Gr8 Atmosphere exceptional serviceFoodLoversDined on 10/7/2014party of 8 on Tuesday night so it was not crowed, exceptional services, very attentive servers. Several great appetizers but nothing stands out. Entree were decent, Short Ribs again was probably the best we had in DFW area. Branzinos was decent but nothing exceptional. Missing the days of the original chef and his Pork Jowl with Octopus appetizers (melt in your mouth tender) and crisp on the outside. That was exceptional and the best dishes we ever had, and what brought us back to try out the new chef at Oak. We are not looking for same food created by the previous chef but we do look for the outstanding dishes that was his own and I would have to say that the best dishes for the night was the Short Ribs and 2great desserts out of the threeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner at OakdlehnorttDined on 10/4/2014I had heard exceptional reviews from some friends, mediocre reviews from others. However, our dining experience at Oak was exceptional. The service was outstanding, the food was amazing, and the patio setting was perfect for the cool evening. From the moment we were greeted at the door, to when we left the restaurant, all of the staff were friendly and professional. Sam, our waiter, answered all of our questions about various menu items, and made several excellent recommendations about food and wine pairings. He also had a great sense of humor, and his timing (with respect to checking on us through appetizers and dinner) was perfect. We will definitely return to Oak, sooner rather than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LuvtoeatDined on 10/1/2014Had lunch there and loved it! The food and service was impeccable! Loved the decor and comfortable seating. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ServiceDallasFoodieDined on 9/30/2014Service can make or break any fine dining experience. At Oak, it is the specialty of the house, backed by a well-crated menu with something fresh to suit any mood or taste. Oak is at the same time casual and formal -- a comfortable and satisfying choice for the neighborhood or the visitor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedawesomebrandiDined on 9/29/2014We are pretty hard to impress these days, but we really enjoyed Oak. The food was good, the service was great and the ambiance was nice. We LOVED their brussels sprouts and the gnocchi sides. I wished I could take them home by the 5 gallon bucket full.Special Features:
- great for a celebration.CelebrationDined on 9/29/2014I took a friend for his birthday. Oak made it a lovely and delicious night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelled in all phasesTopDogDined on 9/25/2014I took a business collegue from India who's also a vegeterian and he declared. ' The Trio of Eggplant was the best dish he'd ever had' I tried the Beef Short Rib and the beef was moist and tender! Simply devine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/25/2014I have dined at Oak for both lunch and dinner. Every time the service, food, and ambience far exceeds my expectations. If you have the opportunity to dine at oak you MUST request Gadi. He takes you through a journey of their menu, offering an expertise unlike any other waiter I have ever had. Providing knowledge on the food preparation and pairing, and a description of flavors that makes you wish you could try every dish. Last time we were at Oak everyone at our table truly enjoyed their dishes....plates were left clean. I highly recommend a nigh out at Oak with friends and family you will definitely come back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Off DayDinesOutOftenVIPDined on 9/25/2014I've dined at Oak before and was really impressed but during a lunch meeting with clients last week, the service failed to impress. Our waiter seemed to be the only server on the floor and requests took way longer than they should have to be filled. Our server seemed frazzled despite a relatively empty restaurant. The food was still fantastic, especially the desserts. I hope the service was just an off day, but I will hesitate to recommend this to anyone for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Worst Lunch ServicewgehirgDined on 9/25/2014Was probably the slowest service ever had, only received half of what I ordered, server never asked how I wanted my meat cooked and was the rarest burger I could not even eat it. I had two clients with me...I would not take business clients there again. I have eaten at Oak in the past for dinner and previously when they use to be open for lunch. This was a horrible expierance.Special Features:
- Excellent!TravisVIPDined on 9/23/2014Honestly, the best double cut pork chop I've ever had. Very, very good!Special Features: