35 NE 40th Street
Miami, FL 33137Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oaktavernmiami.com/
- Phone: 7863911818x
- Hours of Operation:
CLOSED ON MONDAYS UNTIL OCTOBER
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am- 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday- Friday 12pm - 3pm
Happy Hour Daily: 4pm - 7pm
Dinner: Tuesday- Thursday: 6pm - 10:30pm, Friday 6:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday 6pm- 2am
Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Bracha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music "Under The Oak" Summer Series from 11pm - 2am
A word from Oak Tavern
A twist to American modern cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Oak Tavern - Best Restaurants in Design District ›
Oak Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (21)great for brunch (19)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (13)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always ConsistentEKOPDined on 10/18/2014Great food, good service & great ambience. I had a grilled Bronzino & it was superb. Grilled octopus is a no miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timing tryingsneakepete20Dined on 10/5/2014Went for brunch recently. First time ever. Made reservations and still waited about 25 minutes for our table to be ready. Once seated it was another wait for someone to come around just to fill up the water glasses. Started with the charcuterie platter. Not bad but a little on the small side if you're sharing with more than 2 people. For the entrees our table ordered the French Toast, enjoyed. Crab Omelette, enjoyed. Duck Hash and Fried Duck Egg, liked. Last one was the Shrimp n Grits. Flavors were fantastic but not enough grits served with the dish. I like grits a lot. Overall a good experience. Loved the feel and decor of the place. Especially the herb garden out on the courtyard. I would definitely give them another try.Special Features:
- It was no worth thw waitInthefieldDined on 9/27/2014My reservation was made for 9:30pm. We got ther at 9:10pm. We got sat at 10:20pm. Adter teceived the appetizers before than the bread (biscuits) and at the se time of the champagne. The appetizers were really good but nothing new or different. Main courses took for ever, Then my friends got their food first and 8min after i got my burger. It was no worth to wait so long ofr the table and then for the food. Decor very nices, thenfood ok, nothing new in Miami and the service wasnt bad but it was no right.Special Features:
- Oak TavernJDC07Dined on 9/19/2014Came in for my birthday. We were late 30min due to the weather , I call ahead to let them know, very accommodating. Everything we ordered was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister to river oyster barBigG5VIPDined on 9/17/2014Overall the dining experience was excellent. Started with the grilled octopus, ver good. Entrees were Bronzino, short ribs and a strip steak. All were most delicious. Only problem is the entree menu is VERY limited, which is the only reason I would not go out my way to dine here again
- Thank You, Oak Tavern!PoochyDined on 9/13/2014Had an amazing time!! Amazing menu and Miami Spice. Took my parents there for their 21rst wedding anniversary and after a delicious dinner (must order the skirt steak and the pot de creme), I realized that Oak Tavern is the old "The District" where I used to party in college! I would recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:
- NEW LOVE IN DISTRICTDutch17Dined on 9/12/2014Great food, great service , can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGNINO2020Dined on 9/7/2014The Food is the star of the restaurant, simply delicious! menu is truly inovated and quality of products is superb!! I am not a drinker but if you are in the mood for one please order the Frida Khalo, in my opinion is more than a drink. it's an experience. Love the restaurant for Dinner and Brunch.....There, charcuterie is doing right!! as well as the Cheese board a must have! lastly, the Sticky Cinamom Buns are awesonme! Not too sweet not too heavy. it's my favorite place now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendsouthfloridatransplantVIPDined on 9/6/2014Used Miami Spice as opportunity to try Oak Tavern. Wonderful in all respects. Every dish that we selected from the spice menu was delicious and generous. Very large party at nearby table but we were not ignored or inconvenienced in any way; service was excellent. Will definitely return for regular menu and will add to our list of recommendations for out-of-town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for LunchtrigeekVIPDined on 9/5/2014Interesting menu with a variety of seafood dishes and some steak/burger items as well. Ambience was nice for business lunch as it you are not rushed. A nice relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good food at Reasonable PricesPhilSommelierVIPDined on 9/5/2014We went for Miami Spice lunch but decided to order off the regular menu since prices are reasonable and we're not big on dessert. I had oysters $15 for 1/2 dozen and the grilled shrimp country salad $14, both were ok, but my dining partner raved about his Kale salad with apple, almonds, frisee and blue cheese vinagrette $8, followed by his fish of the day $18 which he though was excellent. Wine prices are fair, we had a bottle of Mulderbosch Chenin Blanc for only $30, $15 is retail, would be $50+ on South Beach.
- Couldn't have done moreOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/3/2014The staff at the oak tavern are great. From the welcome to the goodbye. The food is rustic, elegant and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodAwesomeDined on 8/26/2014the best feature of this restaurant is the service. The food is outstanding, but the service is superb. I love the valet parking at the door, and the beautiful courtyard.Special Features:
- Dined 08/13/2014AleNinoDined on 8/13/2014Excellent service. Attractive spot. Very interesting menu, outstanding Rabbit/ Will be going back.Special Features:
- Design DinnersobepsychVIPDined on 8/10/2014Inventive fish dishes and very lovely service. Went went on a quiet night but enjoyed being in this interesting neighborhood.Special Features:
- likeit1Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent service. Attractive spot. Very interesting menu. Will be going back.Special Features:
- Slow serviceAlexTDined on 8/6/2014I had tried to eat at this restaurant a couple of times but was usually full when I had gone. This time I reserved. It had been recommended to me by friends. Ambience is nice inside and out. Took some visitors from out of town with us. The food was good but the service was extremely slow from the beginning. It took over 10 minutes for the waiter to come greet us and offer us something to drink. The drinks and appetizers were slow to come out. The music in the background was very loud. I was very disappointed. First and last time to visit this restaurant.Special Features:
- lblbVIPDined on 8/5/2014outstanding lamb...despite it being slightly overcookedSpecial Features:
- Cool place for brunchToteDined on 8/3/2014Miami is full of places for tourists and I love finding places for locals. A friend recommended this restaurant even though she has only been there for happy hour and I'm glad she did. We went for brunch and I love it. All their meals have a twist, so foodies will love it. Me and a friend both ordered the eggs Benedict and they were delicious (a little spicy for me but I liked it anyway). The twist was kale and pulled pork. Simply amazing. My husband had the steak and eggs and he loved it. I only tried his potatoes and they were super good. For desert, we share the french toasts as the waiter suggested. They loved it, but I didn't because I don't like coconut, but that's just my personal taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunch!rabbitfoodieDined on 8/3/2014Came for an early brunch this past weekend, on a tip from Yelp, and was totally blown away. The service was superb, the servers extremely attentive (never was there a half-empty or warm glass of water) and knowledgeable about the food. The food was exceptional. Definitely get the sticky buns! Out of this world.Special Features:
- Fantastic ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014All the food was really good. The Lamb Meatball was a little dry, but the flavors were all there. Amazing pasta small plates - the anglonotti and gnocchi were amazing!!! We also had the steak and scallop large plates -- divine! The suckling pig was good -- but not as strong as the steak and scallop entrees! I will be back -- wine list is fantastic and service was great! A must do -- and go to share -- you get to try more things that way!Special Features:
- service was not goodbernardoDined on 7/26/2014Food very good Service was not good enough I like itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing and deliciousjoeyVIPDined on 7/26/2014We ordered all small plates and shared among the 4 of us. Everything was great, priced well and good portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find in the Design DistrictLuisDined on 7/19/2014First time at Oak Tavern. We showed up at about 9:30 for a 10:00 PM reservation and were greeted by two beautiful girls at the front desk - very friendly and accommodating. We were offered a table outside right away or wait for an inside table - we chose to wait and had drinks at the bar. Very friendly atmosphere and a great bartender. At about 10:15 we walked back to the front desk and they had a table ready for us - a great corner booth. The waitress was great, the food was eclectic and very well prepared. We had appetizers - the lamb meatballs and cod croquettes were wonderful, large plates - lamb chops and red snapper - and dessert - cherry pie - with a bottle of wine - highly recommended and not expensive either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food approach in Midtownpancho65Dined on 7/19/2014Since Michael's Genuine started, quite a few restaurants have copied the concept, with more or less success. Oak Tavern is definitely a concept restaurant which does its job well. The ambience is clean and pleasant without overdoing it, service is impecable, and the food was very good. The apperizers are vey small, but delicious, and the entrees, albeit also on the small size, perfectly presented and quite filling. All in all a pleasant experience, with one little critic, if I may: why do restaurants in general, including this one, gouge its patrons with way overpriced alcoholic drinks? I know this is a great money maker, but if the prices were a bit more "reasonable" than the competition, more patrons would go and consume more!Special Features:
- AMAZINGlorddillonDined on 7/19/2014fresh ingredients, innovative dishes, cool ambiance, great service - hands down the best place for brunch, lunch and dinner!! MY FAVORITE SPOT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatmariagonzaVIPDined on 7/18/2014the food was amazing the service too i love that place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasure dining thereLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 7/11/2014We always feel good when we are there. Great menu, tasty food, great atmosphere either inside or outside, and always great hospitality. Prices very reasonable. The kale salad was very tasty, as well as the octopus, sea urchin, sea scallops and salmon. Can't ask for tastier food. The biscuits are addictive! We have always found that the manager, Gary, to be extremely professional, sharp and very personable. We are looking foward to going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2014Food service and ambiance, the old Piccadilly place has been reborn and is top notch, service by our French waiter was fantastic, food was super!Special Features:
- marsVIPDined on 6/28/2014the food and service are excellent. The pork and the short ribs are among the best I have eaten. The only thing to watch out for is that it can be a bit noisy..especially inside...if you want a quiet place, this is not for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pot de creme forever!LinkkageDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant is a longtime favorite of mine. The Pot de creme is something I talk about to everyone. I was a bit disappointed when I noticed that they had taken some favorites off the menu and limited the choices and raised the prices a bit. Also, the vegatarian options are a bit limited. I still love the place though and will have to return for the dessert and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adanVIPDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food and reasonably priced outdoor dinning spot. Well curated wine list and top pick from menu was the bone marrow. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 146 reviews are from the Oak Tavern reviews archive.
- KITCHEN & BAR: Delivery:TerribileNotthebestDined on 6/21/2014Very noise beyond a level to have a conversation with out yelling! Food tastes are good but our order was not all delivered Ordered wine was never delivered VERY DISAPPOINTING! There are a lot better places to enjoy a night out
- I really wanted to love itfoodie56VIPDined on 6/10/2014I have now been for brunch and dinner and was not impressed. The descriptions sound better than the dishes. The prices are also a bit high for what you get. I ordered the veggie pizza and for almost $20 it's very small. The description had squash flowers and I didn't see any--just a ton of zucchini. The biscuits they give everyone are good. I remember my husband saying that the brunch portions were also not that big for the prices. The outside is great for outdoor dining and they seem to have a pretty extensive cocktail menu.Special Features:
- Elevated tavern fareGatorFoodieDined on 6/10/2014Tavern takes some of the favorites and ups them. The pastrami is house made. The burger has an edge. Even the ketchup is homemade with its own distinctive flavor. Recognizable food with an unexpected twist. +1Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming & DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2014I've been several times for dinner and happy hour and recently for brunch. All I can say is WOW. We had the deviled eggs, pancakes, eggs benedict, and smoked salmon. Every dish was perfect, had it's own uniqueness, and absolutely delicious. It was my friends' first time and they couldn't stop raving and wondering why they hadn't been there before.Special Features:
- RosyGGDined on 6/1/2014a great place to stop if you are in the neighborhood. creative brunch andSpecial Features:
- Nice brunch spot overallKnickiTableFor2Dined on 5/25/2014We ordered the crab stuffed omelette, oatmeal and chicken and waffles, lots of Bellini's and Mimosa's. The omelette and oatmeal was wonderful. The Bellini's and mimosas kept coming - wonderful. However the chicken and waffles was terrible. The waffle was so hard, it was like a brick and the chicken was extra greasy and tasted like it had sugar in it. It was quite disgusting. I pulled the chicken apart and tried to eat the inside but it still wasn't any good. So I sent it back. They did t take it off the ticket, but it's ok. The service was excellent, eclectic and wonderful server. The valet was excellent as well. We sat outside and it was like an English garden scene....great....would've been perfect if my meal was good.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/18/2014This was not my first time for brunch but it will be my last! Food was very disappointing. Ordered two sticky buns and when the waitress brought them it looked liked one was half eaten. The burratta appetizer was so small it was only enough for one! Eggs were overcooked. Brought my son from out of town here to eat and I was very disappointed. Have dinner plans to entertain here in a week but not sure now.
- Late night after theaterMarkFVIPDined on 5/16/2014We were looking for a place to have a late night dinner after the theater in downtown. So happy we found Oak. We tried a number of the appetizers, never even got to trying the meals. The Octopus a la plancha was fantastic, and there is no way to adequately describe how good the bacon marmalade and blue cheese toast tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.