17 Broad Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oaksteakhouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8437224220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday and Staurday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Sunday-Friday 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremiah Bacon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Only semi-private rooms available
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Pavlakos 8347224220
A word from Oak Steakhouse
Oak Steakhouse presents an exquisite selection of succulent signature cuts of PRIME Certified Angus Beef such as the 24-Ounce Prime Bone-In Ribeye or Prime NY Strip. Seafood specialties include Local Seasonal Market Catch, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Whole Fried Lobster, Oysters Rockefeller or Oysters on the Half Shell. House Specialties and Vegetarian options: Housemade Pappardelle (Classic Bolognese or Marinara), Grilled Dutch Valley Veal Porterhouse or CAB Prime Niman Ranch Braised Short Rib. Executive Chef Jeremiah Bacon partnered with Executive Chef de Cuisine Joseph Jacobson, both native to Charleston S.C., execute the Farm to Table concept sourcing ingredients from local farmers and fisherman for their menu whenever possible. Specialty Crafted Cocktails, Martinis and an extensive wine selection artfully complement the restaurant's unique historical setting located in the quiet South of Broad neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Oak Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Oak Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (181)romantic (119)fit for foodies (110)notable wine list (100)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (22)scenic view (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Dining to PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Oak is by far one of the premier restaurants in Charleston. The whole experience was wonderful and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Charleston Oak steakhouse1kidneycoupleDined on 9/25/2014Our seating was delayed but up pops 3 appetizers on the house. All very good. Food was very good but nothing I don't already cook at home for about one fourth the price. Service was outstanding however!Special Features:
- Great Engagement DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014I took my fiancee to Oak for a celebratory dinner after proposing earlier in the evening. I had called ahead and let them know that I was having flowers delivered and it was a special occasion and they were even able to give me a very private table on short notice. The food was exceptional, just as we expected, and the service was top notch. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable on the menu and was very helpful, and even insisted on buying us dessert. I wanted to make it a special night and Oak didn't disappoint!Special Features:
- Oak NotesCharlestonNewbieDined on 9/25/2014Overall a great experience. This was my third visit and second time with Colin our server-he is outstanding-attentive and very knowledgable about the food and wine. Great pairings keeping in mind your individual tastes. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Oak SteakhouseKuttyDined on 9/24/2014Steaks are superb! Service is excellent. Side orders are for sharing and are excellent. Steaks are pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerryDined on 9/23/2014Steak and rack of lamb was superb ! We will returnSpecial Features:
- Excellent restaurantChucktown83Dined on 9/22/2014The service was amazing and the waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu. Requested a table and staff was able to fill my need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very noisyCharlestonvisitorDined on 9/21/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner. Everything was delicious but it was difficult to converse as there is nothing to absorb the noise of this busy restaurant. Unfortunately we were sitting next to a table for eight most of whom seemed to think they had to say everything at top volume. Perhaps another night it would have been quieter. We would go again for the great food and hope to not have to contend with such loud people next to us.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/20/2014Just wonderful. Sent my dad here for his birthday and they could not have done a better job. If you can't have fun here… You can't have fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lived up to the hype!AmericasGuestDined on 9/20/2014I've heard about Oak for years and with every trip to Charleston I have wanted to go but never had a chance. This weekend we did and it was even better than the hype! Great waiter (Josh) who knew the wine list backwards and forwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasedGabbyCDined on 9/18/2014Great staff, food is always consistently perfectly and the GM is the best! Another great evening at Oak Steakhouse.Special Features:
- Great findRio1dontdineDined on 9/14/2014One of the places we tried during restaurant week and by far the best in food. The filet was cooked to prefection. Most tender and oooo so delicious. Our table server was great but not much as I could say about the bar tender who I thought was rude, and spent her time laughing with other couples and seemed to ignore us for quiet some time before she decided to come over and ask what we wanted without nene offering a drink menu special selection or nothing. But when another couple sit beside us she was all over them with drink menus and everything didn't receive that service when we sat at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steakhousereview1Dined on 9/14/2014I experienced the most tender cut of meat of my lifetime at Oak Steakhouse. Hands down the best restaurant we experienced while in Charleston, but not only was the food great, the service was great as well. I highly recommend Oak to anyone who is looking for a great dinner. Sure, there are other restaurants that may have more adventurous menus, but Oak is where you need to go. They do not have to wow you culinary buzz words and trendy ingredients because the food is prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Fabulous filetJudiDined on 9/14/2014Not only is the staff outstanding, the filets are the best I have ever had. Medium rare!Special Features:
- Best steak ever!Work4foodDined on 9/13/2014The filet was the best I've ever had. Sorry, but Ruth's Chris doesn't hold a candle. The lobster mac and cheese is worth a try as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fair at bestsadieDined on 9/13/2014Bread not very good. Filet mignon very dry. Excellent dessert.Special Features:
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014This was our first trip to Oak but it will not be the last. The strip sirloin and petite filet was the best we have had. Loved the atmosphere and the wait staff was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as I hoped!SuzeDined on 9/12/2014Our server was excellent and friendly, the atmosphere was great! We sat by the window which was a great spot to people watch. The food was as good as I had hoped. The filet melted in your mouth and the portions were plenty even for the Restaurant Week specials. Would highly recommend if you're wanting a special night because of the prices not something for everyday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceWalkerDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed my experience. The staff was very friendly and pleasant. The food was great and the plating display was amazing. Would recommend for anyone looking for setting to enjoy a great steak and wine with friends and love ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$$ struckdaveDined on 9/12/2014This was without a doubt the worst steak house we have ate. I think this is a restaurant for the "elite" crowd in Charleston (lol) to mingle. kinda like the reality show crowd. I am amazed at how many reviews think this is good steak. $$$1300 for Harlan WINE? please!!!! All for making a profit, but give me a break. They did have a good wine list if you don't mind a 100-150% mark up. We went during restaurant week so maybe we weren't with the right folks. Kinda got the feeling we were a necessary evil rather than a valued customer with the waiter. Food was bland and in no way would it compete with steak houses in other cities. Seattle, Kansas City, Chicago, Dallas, Oklahoma city, San Diego, or NYC.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceAshleyDined on 9/12/2014We loved Oak. The food and service were both great! It was a great place for our anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- Very Good Not StupendeousFoodiesDined on 9/12/2014We ate here during Restaurant Week & are local. Very good service. Good atmosphere but compared to some other high end places in town at this price point, could be improved, by perhaps updating the lighting, paint and/or adding table cloths and flowers and/or with better acoustics. (2nd floor is spartan, ask for 1st floor booth).Wine list extensive but very expensive w/ high markup - bottles starts at $43 & goes much higher, glass $12 +; no reasonably priced house wine offered as an option. Fabulous, tender filet mignon - best we have had. Cheesecake dessert dissapointing as just average & lacked in presentation.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodbfoodDined on 9/12/2014The filet was well seasoned and cooked to perfection. The roasted tomato Bisque was exquisite and the Danish bleu dressing was delicious. The service was attentive and the stop-by from the GM is a nice touch.Special Features:
- I can not say enough great thingscarolatoaksteakhouseDined on 9/11/2014From the moment we walked in the door, the ladies that greeted us were so pleasant. The restaurant was so beautiful and I since only have 618 characters remaining that I can use for this review. Which means I can not truly express how amazing the service was. Our server was enthusiastic and passionate about the food on the menu. I have visited many states and countries and honestly, Oak Steakhouse was one of the absolute best. With all this said, I hope my appreciation and how pleased we were comes across.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014I celebrated my boyfriend's birthday at Oak and from start to finish it exceeded our expectations. The staff was friendly and provided prompt service from beginning to end and the food was delicious. We couldn't have asked for a better dining experience for a special occasion. I left a special note on the reservation stating it was for a birthday and they put us in a very secluded almost semi-private room that just fit a table for two. I would suggest Oak to anyone wanting a romantic night for two with all the trimmings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverDined on 9/10/2014Visited Oak Restaurant during Charleston Restaurant week for the first time. Was very impressed with the ambiance, food and service. Will definitely be returning and highly recommend this fine establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StarbuckStarbucksDined on 9/9/2014The food was excellent and ambiance was beautiful.i would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraDined on 9/9/2014Wonderful steak, flavorful and a nice size for Restaurant week menus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic BirthdayLisa24Dined on 9/8/2014The Oak Steakhouse was Amazing! I had requested a romantic table for two ..... They delivered and the food was Perfect!!!! It was a little loud but we were in a secluded table so did not notice it. Our service was fantastic!! Thank you so very much Oak Steakhouse!!Special Features:
- Amazing steaks done perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014The prices are healthy but the food and service were totally outstanding so there is value. I also had the bacon mac and cheese which was really good. The lobster mac and cheese are probably the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!WIgirlDined on 9/7/2014I took my Dad who was in town visiting for his birthday dinner and it was a wonderful experience! They went above and beyond to make our experience memorable. The food and the service was great. Thank you Oak Steakhouse!Special Features:
- Best dinner for the Restaurant WeekCabellsVIPDined on 9/7/2014Phenomenal food and excellent service! We had a great time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and excellent serviceLoveTheSeaDined on 9/7/2014We had the pleasure of eating at Oak Steakhouse during Restaurant week. It was remarkable. The steak was perfectly cooked. It was flavorful and remarkably tender and juicy. It was truly one of the few steaks that I have had that can rival, and dare I say be superior to, Ruth's Chris. In my opinion, the service at a steakhouse is almost as important as the food itself. Oak excels here as well. The server was gracious, knowledgeable and quick to recommend the perfect wine with our courses. The manager came around to ensure that everything was to our liking and then quickly left so we could go back to our conversation. Oak steakhouse is exactly what I look for in a fine steak restaurant and we will certainly be returning.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014It was my first time at Oak and it definitely will not be my last! The food was great, the service was awesome, and the Ambiance was wonderful. Everyone was so polite to my mom and I from the second we walked in and all throughout our time there. We came in for restaurant week but I sure won't wait that long again before going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- once in a lifetime experienceoriginalfatkid2Dined on 9/6/2014I loved Oak Steakhouse. I would be tempted tp go again and again to try all the appetizers. I love how they use local vendors. It's good to know that I too can buy from the same people they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlestonNativeDined on 9/6/2014Dinner at Oak Steakhouse was amazing. I had perhaps the best filet mignon I have ever tasted. The service was very attentive, without being obtrusive. Among all the great restaurants in Charleston, Oak stands among the best.Special Features:
- did not honor seating requestgreatbutnottherightableDined on 9/6/2014I had a specific table request and had made the reservation almost a month in advance, when we arrived they had not honored that request. Very disappointing to say the least. Luckily another table that we enjoy opened up while we were waiting for our friends to arrive, so it worked out..but I was super suprised Oak did not honor such a specific request…they offered no explanation.Special Features:
- Restuarant WeekLocalsDined on 9/5/2014It's been a while so we chose Oak as one of our Fall 2014 Charleston Restaurant Week places to dine, and we were not disappointed. The wait staff is extremely professional and expertly explained all of the menu choices and options. The food was delicious and the steak cooked exactly as ordered. Overall a wonderful dinner and well worth the money. We won't wait as long to visit next time!Special Features:
- Dinner OutGoodnotGreatDined on 9/4/2014We had always heard it was a great restaurant. The bar was lively when we walked in. We were seated upstairs. The food was good but not great. The waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Date NightkkingscDined on 9/4/2014Amazing service and an overall wonderful experience. Restaurant week was in full swing, so it was busy and a bit noisy. However, it all added to create a great energy to the restaurant.Special Features: