17 Broad Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oaksteakhouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8437224220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday and Staurday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Sunday-Friday 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremiah Bacon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Only semi-private rooms available
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Pavlakos 8347224220
A word from Oak Steakhouse
Oak Steakhouse presents an exquisite selection of succulent signature cuts of PRIME Certified Angus Beef such as the 24-Ounce Prime Bone-In Ribeye or Prime NY Strip. Seafood specialties include Local Seasonal Market Catch, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Whole Fried Lobster, Oysters Rockefeller or Oysters on the Half Shell. House Specialties and Vegetarian options: Housemade Pappardelle (Classic Bolognese or Marinara), Grilled Dutch Valley Veal Porterhouse or CAB Prime Niman Ranch Braised Short Rib. Executive Chef Jeremiah Bacon partnered with Executive Chef de Cuisine Joseph Jacobson, both native to Charleston S.C., execute the Farm to Table concept sourcing ingredients from local farmers and fisherman for their menu whenever possible. Specialty Crafted Cocktails, Martinis and an extensive wine selection artfully complement the restaurant's unique historical setting located in the quiet South of Broad neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Oak Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Oak Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)romantic (100)fit for foodies (76)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (35)vibrant bar scene (18)scenic view (14)hot spot (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A sixth star is needed for OakprefernottocookVIPDined on 8/26/2014We are regulars at Oak for a reason--it is consistently outstanding in all respects. Those less familiar with the restaurant should be aware that despite the name, this is not just a steakhouse. Alternative choices are equally excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014We spend our second anniversary dinner at this wonderful restaurant. We had excellent service. My wife is a very challenging customer, and she smiled the entire time. The food was unbelievable good. I had flowers delivered and they were already on the table to surprise my wife. I will visit this restaurant every time I am in the Charleston, SC area. Great Job to the management and Staff of Oak Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southern CharmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014I was extremely pleased with my experience at Oak Steakhouse and would plan on returning whenever I had the opportunity the visit Charleston again! The restaurant not only had character, but an antique southern charm that was warn and inviting. From the friendliness of the hostess to the attentiveness of our waiter and manager; we were more than please with our dinner! Large wine and specialty drink selection, filet that will knock your socks off, and smokey bacon mac and cheese that will have you begging for more. A big thank you to Oak Steakhouse for making a family of three from South Jersey feel so welcome so far from home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like an OakHowitwasDined on 8/24/2014Excellent service. Great seating. Pleasant reception. Food was stellar. Worth every penny. Great selection of wine and liquor. We got to full for dessert. One of the best experiences we have had downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFirsttimerDined on 8/23/2014One of the best Steaks I have ever had and the service was top notch. Will definitely be visiting this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Shelf Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was our first time in Charleston. We didn't have much time, asked the hotel for a recommendation for dinner and they booked us at the Oak Steakhouse. What a great night!!!!!! The old world charm of the building was wonderful, the waiter was so personable & engaging and the food, well it was outstanding!!! We knew when we requested a steakhouse to expect a pricey meal. Not somewhere to go on a budget but if you're looking for top shelf food and great atmosphere - this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodanniversaryDined on 8/22/2014If u get burger order it med well if u want medium. Large burger but inside was pretty raw...dry aged steak and wet steak were great but room temp. Dessert and wine fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak is a classicchsfoodieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Oak is a classic and it's a great choice if you're not in the mood to fight for parking and deal with the hustle and bustle of Upper King. Our server was outstanding - he's an Italisn wine expert and offered to make suggestions that everyone enjoyed. The food was delicious - classic steakhouse fare done very well. The butter lettuce salad was simple, but really stood out. I had the 5 oz CAB filet, which is a perfect portion and leaves room for a starter and dessert...and trust me, you're going to want to order dessert! The trio of ice creams was my favorite - piña colata! The GM also made sure to visit our table to ensure our party was happy - a very nice touch! Can't say enough nice things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific as always!AnnawtbDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Oak many times since moving back to charleston from Los Angeles two years ago. It is very consistent. Always friendly greeting by host staff. Usually a visit by the lovely dark haired Manager occurs at some point in the visit. Wait staff is always helpful and knowledgable; happy to assist in decision making if needed. Waiters are always vigilant and provide great service. This visit our server brought me a fresh iced tea as mine "looked a little light, watered down". Food is always superbly prepared and presented. We had the Caesar salad and tomato soup to start, both were so good! We shared the special 3# Tomahawk bone in ribeye- and took quite a bit home! The bacon Mac n cheese is a definite must try, you will love it!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerCindyVIPDined on 8/16/2014First time there and had a fabulous experience. Food was fantastic and waiter was terrific helping us with decisions. Timing of dinner was super, We were so full that we passed on dessert, He gave us a piece of chocolate cake to take to celebrate our anniversary. It was the BEST chocolate layer cake ever. Very sweet of him to do. Would highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our nightwaxhawDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service and high quality food. Everything was prepared well and steak was cooked perfectly. Wine selections were generally weighted to the very expensive side, which was disappointing.
- Had to try OakFoodfriendsfunDined on 8/16/2014I had heard about Oak through several people and media so decided to try it. First - - thank goodness for the complimentary valet parking. A must considering the location. Loved the restaurant decor and ambience. Michelle, the general manager was attentive but never hovered. We both ordered fillets. They were properly cooked and flavorful. Side dish vegetable and dessert were very good, but not particularly special. I struggle with the price of the overall dinner. Great place to celebrate a special occasion, but still a little overpriced.Special Features:
- Great as alwayssingnkittyVIPDined on 8/16/2014Another great experience with wonderful food, good wine & outstanding service. We ask for Dave's service every time & he takes care of us, remembers our sauce preferences, favorite sides & makes us feel so welcome. Michelle the manager remembers us & makes sure we enjoy everything. The lovely bartender suggested a variation on my favorite before dinner cocktail that was fantastic. Oak delivers a first rate meal & 5 star service every time. You get what you pay for here & more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Great food, good service! Perfect steaks. Beautiful location- pretty inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-end but you get wht u pay fortraveljunkieDined on 8/15/2014Great service! Great portions. I could get full off appetizers alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014the food was excellent unfortunately the ala carte menu was a bit to pricy for us to return, each side at 12 to 17 dollars each is a bit much for potatoes and veggies and by the way what the heck is a foodie?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks!OvechkinFanDined on 8/14/2014My husband and I dined here on the last night of our honeymoon and we couldn't have chosen a better location. From the impeccable service provided by Bradley to the manager, Michelle, thanking us for coming before we were given our check. The food was absolutely amazing. It was the best steak I have ever has and my husband concurred. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice night out! Thank y'all for making our last night in Charleston memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak in CharlestoniammistercraigDined on 8/14/2014Don't let places like Grill 225 fool you. This is where to go for great food and service.Special Features:
- Great food and great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014My new husband and I ate at Oak Steakhouse while on our honeymoon. The salad was delicious, our steaks were cooked perfectly and dessert was amazing. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere was lovely. I would recommend Oak Steakhouse to anybody and everybody.Special Features:
- Excellent food.... Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Food was amazing as always. Service staff is friendly and very professional from the valet all the way through to the bus boys. Hostess was friendly and server was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant was greatamandaryan23Dined on 8/9/2014Food was excellent and they even gave us free dessert for our anniversary however our waiter was not very attentive we had to keep asking other servers for things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OtisDined on 8/8/2014I thought the food overall was very good. The one exception were the filet mignons, which were ok but not great as one would expect from a steakhouse of Oak's reputation. The last time I ate at Halls Chophouse the steak was better, although that was a strip steak. The service was less than one might expect. I would, however, give it another try.Special Features:
- Great once againEdgarDined on 8/8/2014Our group of four enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Oak. Service was spot on, with our needs readily taken care of or anticipated. The food was prepared perfectly and enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- Wonderful MealGoBulldogsDined on 8/2/2014Once again, Chef Bacon and the staff at Oak Steakhouse did a wonderful job creating a great dining experience. Top notch service, friendly staff, and awesome food. We learned about Chef Bacon years ago during a culinary tour with Bulldog Tours. He was the chef at another restaurant and we've followed him since. Super nice guy and a phenomenal chef.Special Features:
- Very good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Great wine. Perfectly grilled steak. Knowledgeable and attentive staff made for a wonderful experience. Would return for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billlowrieDined on 8/1/2014This was our third visit over the last 5 years. Not much has changed as it is a very busy and somewhat noisy place. We found the food to be good but not up to what we had expected based on previous visits. Steaks are very large but good. The rack of lamb was very disappointing as it was excessively fat and difficult to eat given the presentation in a shallow bowl on top of potatoes in a somewhat thin broth or gravySpecial Features:
- Always GreatAWAandAPADined on 7/31/2014Another wonderful experience. Not in our budget but once or twice a year but walk out each time feeling like it was 100% worth every penny. Met our exact seating request through Open Table reservation. Service, food, whole experience were wonderful. Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!out4dinnerDined on 7/30/2014Couldn't get into Hall's Steakhouse and went to Oak instead (party of 4). Great decision...delicious meal, wonderful service and we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Had read a few negative reviews before going but did not experience any of the problems/issues others noted. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rivals NYCcharbonoDined on 7/30/2014This is a great steak and done perfectly. Third visit...each worth the trip. The grouper was also exceptional.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServicecrobDined on 7/26/2014Staff was nice and accommodating our change in plans, as we ran into friends and joined them. Service and food were on point. The staff was awesome and made our experience most enjoyable. Great atmosphere as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our second wedding anniversary in Charleston this year and Oak was recommended by multiple people. We were promptly greeted by the hostess and seated. The wait staff were quick but not pushy and answered all of our questions. He also sold me on getting the steak based on his description! :) Multiple managers (or upper level staff) checked in on us throughout the meal and struck up great conversations. They were good at getting questions answered/asking for our opinion without asking outright :) We learned that Oak will be opening a steakhouse in Atlanta and sushi restaurant in Atlanta, so we will definitely check those out in the future! My husband also loved the mini muffins you gave us as we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but so loud!SCVisitorVIPDined on 7/25/2014The aged beef was perfect,the decor was delightful(we sat in the bird room). But the noise level was obnoxious. From the bar to our table we had to scream to be heard. At this price point I would like have a conversation with my dining companion. The house Cabernet was very good. The service was top notch.Special Features:
- OutstandingTuriDined on 7/24/2014Everything was perfect. Everyone's meal was prepared exactly as requested. Decanted our wine while enjoying a cocktail before dinner. Staff was attentive. Manager visited every table. One of our top picks every time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top steakhouseLuvEatingVIPDined on 7/21/2014Went to Oak for a birthday celebration -- great choice. Service was fabulous and our server was extremely knowledgeable and personable. Steaks were terrific as were the rest of the dishes.Special Features:
- In town on vacationJackVIPDined on 7/19/2014Our waiter Herman did a great job of taking care of us, guiding us through the menu. Everyone's food was prepared as expected, hot and quite tasty. While we could not all agree on a bottle of wine, ordering by the glass proved to be a fine compromise for style and cost. The cheese plate appetizer was wonderful.Special Features:
- Fabulous meal and service!Melb123Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Oak this past Saturday evening and everything was wonderful! We wanted to treat my husband's parents to a nice birthday dinner and they were so happy. The food was amazing.....we loved the oysters rock as an app! I got the grouper special and it was delish! Tried some of my husbands steak and that was also fantastic. Matt (I think I have the name right) was our server and he was just so knowledgeable and fun. Great server and overall fantastic night!Special Features:
- Excellent find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014This is a must visit restaurant and ask for Herman to wait on you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST STEAK IN CHARLESTONChrisRonVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were in Charleston on vacation - Went to Oak Steakhouse twice - 1st time had dinner in the bar - food was so good we made a reservation for our last night - this time we dined upstairs in a beautiful room - wait staff was excellent - will go again our next time in Charleston.Special Features:
- We always enjoy dinner at the OakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014We visit Charleston often and enjoy ending our visits with a dinner at The Oak. Steaks are tremendous--tender, thick, and perfectly cooked. It's a special place in a special city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Everything we ordered was great from appetizers to entrees. When ordering steak definitely make sure to look at their temperature guide as is different than most. Staff was very friendly and always checking in without hoovering. Definitely will consider going again.Special Features: