17 Broad Street
Charleston, SC 29401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oaksteakhouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: (843) 722-4220
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Friday and Staurday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Happy Hour: Sunday-Friday 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeremiah Bacon
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Only semi-private rooms available
- Private Party Contact: Michelle Pavlakos 8347224220
A word from Oak Steakhouse
Oak Steakhouse presents an exquisite selection of succulent signature cuts of PRIME Certified Angus Beef such as the 24-Ounce Prime Bone-In Ribeye or Prime NY Strip. Seafood specialties include Local Seasonal Market Catch, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, Whole Fried Lobster, Oysters Rockefeller or Oysters on the Half Shell. House Specialties and Vegetarian options: Housemade Pappardelle (Classic Bolognese or Marinara), Grilled Dutch Valley Veal Porterhouse or CAB Prime Niman Ranch Braised Short Rib. Executive Chef Jeremiah Bacon partnered with Executive Chef de Cuisine Joseph Jacobson, both native to Charleston S.C., execute the Farm to Table concept sourcing ingredients from local farmers and fisherman for their menu whenever possible. Specialty Crafted Cocktails, Martinis and an extensive wine selection artfully complement the restaurant's unique historical setting located in the quiet South of Broad neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Oak Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Downtown Charleston ›
Oak Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (175)fit for foodies (130)romantic (113)notable wine list (100)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (45)vibrant bar scene (30)hot spot (24)scenic view (11)late-night find (7)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Outstanding customer service!! Very great attention to detail and professionalism on all levels. It's very pricy but you pay for great food, classy atmosphere and fantastic service. We went for our anniversary and the staff made us feel very welcome and unique. Cheers to oak steakhouse for a job well done. Thanks. I would recommend to all in the charleston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate and upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014We were sold on this place by locals while visiting Charleston, and I have to say, their rave reviews didn't do it justice - it's that good. During our extended stay in the "Holy City" we ate at multiple establishments (and most were very, very good) but The Oak was definitely the best. Everything was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef HeavenFoodieDined on 11/13/2014Charming steak house which had been a bank in a former life. Used the elevator, which is located in the kitchen and quite slow, to reach the second floor (a mezzanine made it 2 1/2 floors total). Second floor front room should be a request for the street view. Good choice of steaks, while not inexpensive, were cooked perfectly. Creamed spinach is excellent! I would come back but only after trying several other Charleston superb restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/10/2014Great for date night! Treated us like royalty, food and service were both perfect. Jared is a great server and went out of his way to make sure we had a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!Awt123VIPDined on 11/9/2014Everything at Oak was phenomenal! The service was helpful, knowledgable of the menu, and incredibly friendly. The food was delectable. Without a doubt, one of the best, if not the best, filet I have ever had. I had heard that it could be very loud, so I was concerned about that, but we were seated on the 3rd floor, all tables were full, and did not find it loud at all. I cannot say enough good things about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 50 in US?BayonneBobDined on 11/8/2014Was going to be in Charleston and noticed AOL list of top 50 steakhouses in US. This was about #40, so we went. About par for a top steakhouse. $45 8oz filet mignon and then all sides extra. We compared it to Mortons, Ruths' Chris and Strip House, places we've been to before. So if you're familiar with any of those, expect the same. Third floor is nicest and, in keeping with the local art scene, has an continuously "in progress" bird mural on the walls as explained by our very good waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notchWillDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I had a fantastic dining experience at Oak from start to finish. The hostess warmly greeted us and our table was ready precisely at our scheduled reservation. Our server was very friendly and extremely helpful with the menu. We started with the butcher's and cheese plates. The charcuterie was very good - my favorite was the pate. My wife ordered the 8 oz filet with the crab cake and I went with the 12 oz dry aged CAB New York strip. Both our steaks were cooked perfectly. This was my first dry aged steak and our server was spot on with his description - the amazing buttery popcorn aroma and the very bold flavor. The smokey bacon mac and cheese side was excellent. We lingered a little after dinner and didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!MartiniqueenDined on 11/7/2014Food, service and ambiance could not have been better. Maybe the best filet ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/6/2014We had an excellent meal. The steaks were very tender, well seasoned and perfectly cooked to our preferences. The sides of spinach and truffled potatoes were quite good. The server was very attentive and knowledgable and friendly. I didn't have any wine but my guests had a bottle recommended by the waiter and said it was excellent (they are well informed wine drinkers). Our dinner was early, so the bar was quiet when we arrived, but as the meal progressed the bar became active, vibrant and a little noisy. The prices were about as expected for prime cuts of steak, but the portions were large enough, that my wife and I split a 14 oz. boneless ribeye between us and we were quite pleased and satiated. Overallit was a great experience.Special Features:
- The evening was outstanding!ReubenVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great food, outstanding service, quiet corner so we could talk and enjoy, very good wine list. Did I say the food was great. It was one of the very best meals I've had. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steakhouse in charleston!SilverWk2VIPDined on 11/4/2014Lives up to all the hype in the online publications I've read recently. A wonderful dining experience from beginning to end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Excellent food and excellent service. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- ALWAYS IMPRESSED!!!repeatdinersatthe4areasonDined on 10/27/2014As a frequent customer at the Oaks, our experience has been that they always manage to out-do themselves. This most recent visit was no exception! Just when we think it can't get any better, it gets better!Special Features:
- Great food and service but priceyTraciLSDined on 10/25/2014We took close friends out to dinner to celebrate their anniversary. We specifically chose this restaurant because of the variety on the menu and location. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Our friends were offered free dessert in honor of their anniversary, which was a nice gesture. Our table was near the bar and the entrance, so it often got quite loud and difficult to hear one another across the table. If you are looking for a romantic evening, I would request a table on an alternate floor (they have 2 others). Lastly, it is expensive to dine there, so if value for the money is what you are looking for, look elsewhere. If cost is not a concern and you sit away from the bar area, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Awesome!JakeDined on 10/25/2014Great service and delicious food. My husband and I had steaks, cooked to perfection. Everything we ate was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Service was perfect and food was amazing. Get your steak "Pittsburgh style" (sugar coated) sounds strange but incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Charleston CountdownBalletnightDined on 10/24/2014So many new restaurants have moved into Charleston since we lived here in the 80's. After we retired and moved back we never had the time to visit them; now that we live in Beaufort, we make a monthly trek back to Charleston to try each and every restaurant that we have not visited before! Oak was high on the list, and we were not disappointed! We definitely planned on steak, and the aged ribeye was simply fabulous. Our server was exceptionally pleasant and made fine recommendations to accompany our entree, including wine. The apple dessert (not certain what it was called) was wonderful...I want more!Special Features:
- Expecting more!Hofstra64VIPDined on 10/20/2014It was rated as one of the top steak restaurants in the US and it simply didn't live up to its ranking. It was a good meal but nothing special!Special Features:
- Fabulous experience!MagnoliaDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated our daughter's 21st birthday at Oak Steakhouse and could not have asked for a better experience. Herman, our server, was knowledgeable and personable. The food was outstanding. Al-in-all A+!Special Features:
- The Out of TownersSTEAKDined on 10/18/2014Other than freezing and being reseated to another table even colder, we went there to enjoy a delicious steak dinner, and that is exactly what we had! We were at the restaurant two years ago and just happened upon the restaurant and couldn't wait to come back to Charleston. It wasn't exactly how it was the first time, but still very nice. A little loud for a romantic dinner, it would be nice to have a quieter place to enjoy one another's company. A lot of distractions around. The food was delicious and the waiters were very knowledgeable and friendly and attentive. Thank you!!Special Features:
- Great mealErinlDined on 10/17/2014We visited here while on vacation and it was a great pick! Everything we ate and everything we drank was fabulous! Highly recommend if you are looking for a great steakhouse. Service was fabulous as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular QualityArmstrong56VIPDined on 10/17/2014This is my second experience at Oak Steakhouse. What started out as a regrettable evening turned out to be a spectacular meal. When we arrived at Oak Steakhouse, we were presented with a table location that was not preferential in our opinion. We were given little choice, however, after sternly expressing our dissatisfaction we were given another option. In fairness, it needs to be noted that the restaurant was extremely busy that evening. That said, we then embarked on a fabulous meal, starting with oysters Rockefeller, then moving on to sliced tenderloin, deep fried lobster and frites. All were top quality ingredients, prepared expertly. We finished off the evening sharing the pumpkin bread pudding. Best meal in some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How loud can you go?alwaysthere1VIPDined on 10/17/2014Once our table was moved from " out if the closer" we were able to enjoy a delicious steak meal. Waiter was excellent , but noise level so loud that conversation was difficultSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewreviewDined on 10/16/2014We had heard wonderful things but were disappointed in the food. Service was excellent.
- JbushVIPDined on 10/14/2014Had not been there in several years, and it was "good to come home". Do prefer the top floor which we were not on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as AlwaysDRGxDined on 10/12/2014Had dinner here in Sunday, and the experience was excellent, as it always is. My husband and I had our regular meal: butchers plate as a starter (the pate was delicious) and dry aged rib eye and 8 ounce filet as the main entrees. Both steaks were wonderful. The wine list is extensive, and the Sunday wine specials are even better! The service is excellent. Jerrod and Herman were very attentive and helpful. We eat at the Oak every time we're in Charleston, and it is always an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional as always.singnkittyVIPDined on 10/11/2014Staff got us in earlier than our 9:15 reservations, our server Dave made this another fantastic experience. Baked oysters & steak tartar were off the chart delicious, our steaks were fantastic & the lemon cake is wonderful.1 of Charleston's best everytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem of CharlestonChrisDined on 10/7/2014Took a lady here for dinner on a Tuesday evening. I recommend dinning on the 3rd floor as it was the most quiet. I ordered the fillet and it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- perfectkakoklas1218Dined on 10/7/2014oysters, salad, lobster mac and cheese, steak, apple cake, and wine....perfect!Special Features:
- Wonderful once again!luvtosnorkleDined on 10/6/2014We dined here with our son and once again we enjoyed our dinner and ambiance. Lovely setting.Special Features:
- Always fantasticLuv2eatgr8foodDined on 10/4/2014Reservations for 9:15 on a Saturday night and the place was super busy. We were seated on the 3rd floor right next to a window overlooking Broad St. Service was great with our waiter being very attentive and friendly but not intrusive. I had the cab filet and my friend had the pork chop. We got spinach and roasted potatoes to share. All the food was delicious. My steak was cooked perfectly. There was a very large group of men who were extremely loud and boisterous stomping feet, clapping, singing. The manager came to our table and apologized for the noise and comped our cocktails which was a pleasant surprise. Overall another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jghotovDined on 10/4/2014Food was delicious, the service exceptional, and the ambience notable. All around outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High marksOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/201410 ten Resturant in charleston and the food is amazing!Special Features:
- Great food & service; Really loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Our server was attentive & very good. We were seated quickly. Our reservations were at 8:30. The restaurant and bar were very busy and it seemed VERY loud.e Thankfully, we were tucked into a corner and were able to have conversation without yelling at each other. We'll try for an earlier seating next time and maybe it won't be quite so loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak SteakhouseLuv4CharlestonDined on 9/30/2014Very enjoyable meal from the moment we arrived!! Dave was our waiter & very attentive. Shared info on the menu & also points of interest in the neighborhood! Food & drink was exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining to PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Oak is by far one of the premier restaurants in Charleston. The whole experience was wonderful and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Charleston Oak steakhouse1kidneycoupleDined on 9/25/2014Our seating was delayed but up pops 3 appetizers on the house. All very good. Food was very good but nothing I don't already cook at home for about one fourth the price. Service was outstanding however!Special Features:
- Great Engagement DinnerBreezerDined on 9/25/2014I took my fiancee to Oak for a celebratory dinner after proposing earlier in the evening. I had called ahead and let them know that I was having flowers delivered and it was a special occasion and they were even able to give me a very private table on short notice. The food was exceptional, just as we expected, and the service was top notch. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable on the menu and was very helpful, and even insisted on buying us dessert. I wanted to make it a special night and Oak didn't disappoint!Special Features:
- Oak NotesCharlestonNewbieDined on 9/25/2014Overall a great experience. This was my third visit and second time with Colin our server-he is outstanding-attentive and very knowledgable about the food and wine. Great pairings keeping in mind your individual tastes. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Oak SteakhouseKuttyDined on 9/24/2014Steaks are superb! Service is excellent. Side orders are for sharing and are excellent. Steaks are pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.