690 Newport Center Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakgrillnb.com/
- Phone: (949) 760-4920
- Hours of Operation:
Daily from 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Daily from 11:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Sunday - Thursday from 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Friday - Saturday from 5:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Marc Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Plan an intimate gathering for a more customized dining experience in one of two private dining rooms ― featuring a private space that adjoins the deck with floor-to-ceiling windows― to celebrate your group from 4 to 12 guests. For more information, please contact Miguel Rodriguez-Vidal at 949.892.0258.
- Special Events: Plan an intimate gathering for a more customized dining experience in one of two private dining rooms ― featuring a private space that adjoins the deck with floor-to-ceiling windows― to celebrate your group from 4 to 12 guests. For more information, please contact Miguel Rodriguez-Vidal at 949.892.0258.
A word from Oak Grill
Oak Grill is a true Newport Beach original. This exciting new dining destination combines influences from around the globe, as well as the American south resulting in an inspired taste you cannot miss. Our specially curated wine, beer and spirits programs, along with our polished and knowledgeable service team's attention to detail make Oak Grill the center of relaxed coastal luxury.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Oak Grill - Best Restaurants in Newport Beach ›
Oak Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (88)special occasion (50)fit for foodies (41)romantic (40)good for groups (36)great for lunch (34)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (29)vibrant bar scene (26)notable wine list (19)late-night find (18)great for brunch (15)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- NotesCdMlocalVIPDined on 11/22/2014At the end of the day, this is a hotel restaurant. That said, food was pretty good, especially the tuna tartar appetizer. Service very spotty, and ambience was that of a bar - huge TV playing football.
- Fine dining in Newport.DillHbDined on 11/15/2014Beautiful restaurant. Amazing food. Great service. Newport beach hot spot. Fire pit outside where you can enjoy a cigar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fairly goodseafoodloverDined on 11/8/2014I certainly recommend this place for its ambiance , wasn't to impressed with the food nor with the desert menu , very limited ! Late night ,by the fire plc its what I loved the most and it sure can be a happening plc for the younger crowd :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New IN PLACECruise2eatVIPDined on 11/7/2014Dinner or lunch at the Oak Grill will be the same. The menu doesn't change but it really doesn't have too. Although a few different entrees would be nice on a dinner menu or add as a special daily. Consistent and good.Special Features:
- Spread the word!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Our first time having dinner for our special occasion! From the time we arrived we were greeted warmly by the manager Josh. We first enjoyed a cocktail at Aqua ( a must ). I had a signature drink called cucumber cobbler. Danny our bartender was personable and makes the best drinks!!He went out of his way to accommodate our special drink request!!! The Oak experience was memorable. From the hostess to Annie, the entire staff we were greeted warmly. We sat outside even on a cool nite, they offer blankets upon request, how cozy!! The food was delicious! Food highlights, little neck clams is savory and full of flavor, the duck risotto rich and creamy perfect side dish. The Seabass was cooked to perfection and very mild and fresh!Fantastic nite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ShelfLuv2caboDined on 11/1/2014Want to dine on some of America's favorite foods cooked in delicously original ways? Do you want to eat in a dinning area that feels like Rock, Dean, Frank, Ginger and Lucille may have sat in this very room or outside on an elegant patio straight off the front page of Home an Gardens? Want to wear a tie an coat or khakis and a polo? You choose and get yourself to Oak Grill. Make a reservation, get there early so you can have a cocktail before your dinner is served to you by a well trained, pleasant, easygoing staff. What a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great outdoor patiomaryannVIPDined on 10/29/2014this was my 2nd time in 2 days and i will be back Food ambiance and service are all greatSpecial Features:
- beautiful outdoor settingmaryannVIPDined on 10/28/2014I was delighted with the newly renovated Oak Grill outdoor setting Food was great and the service superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWFUL!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014This grill used to be packed with locals on Sunday am for breakfast/brunch. However, they changed Chef's, completely changed the menu and now it's terrible! There was nobody in the restaurant Sunday at 9:30am, which is peak breakfast time. Now I understand why! The restaurant was empty! The eggs were tasteless and over cooked, toast was burnt and presentation totally lacking. The food looked....and tasted terrible! Do not waste your time or money on this place!!!
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Best 1st experience ever. Celebrating a 11 year anniversary. Great food and great service. Would definitely come back again. Thanks OAK GRILLSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venueGr8chefDined on 10/18/2014The arrival experience is amazing , we sat outside to enjoy the natural breezes and remind us of dinner in the small villages of Italy The food ,,,spectacular , everything about the food was superb The service ,,,well forget about it , when they get that ironed out ,,,whenever,,,, it will truly be a wonderful dining adventure until then hurray up and wait , bring a small flag or silver bell so you can alert them when you want to place your order or get your water glass refilled Do not be in a hurray and order some bread so it will tie you over in between the coursesSpecial Features:
- Surprisingly goodALocal1Dined on 10/11/2014I didn't expect much, but was pleasantly surprised by the creativity of the menu. Dishes had subtle flavors that blended well without any one over powering others. There were a few hiccups with the service: slow to refill our wine glasses from the bottle we purchased, and main course served a bit too soon. But all in all a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside EatingAndreaDined on 10/11/2014Great place to eat outside, the huge trees give shade to 90 of the outside area, cool breeze, great look!! The food super delicious!Special Features:
- Great dinner settingjslakingsDined on 10/10/2014Make sure you sit on the patio and you will definitely enjoy dinner here. Sitting inside is nothing special. The prices are high, especially the wine. The wine I normally pay $15.00 a glass for was $23.00 here. This is a nice, special occasion place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseLULU80OCVIPDined on 10/5/2014Ambience was so beautiful. We say outside. Food was really yummy. Flatbread was sooo good and so was he pineapple warm cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Great food and really reasonably priced. Ask for a table outside. It's beautiful. The scene next door at Aqua is extremely amusing so you should have your fair share of entertainment.Special Features:
- HappydinersVIPDined on 10/3/2014First visit, not the last, loved everything about the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Note quite there yetalphonso14VIPDined on 10/3/2014Very nice, good food but somewhat limited choices. A bit pricy for what you get. There are other high priced restaurants that I think are better suited to a "special occasion". They have not been open that long so I'd give them a little time and then try them again.Special Features:
- Wow!MIAGVIPDined on 10/2/2014We had a fantastic time. The grilled calamari is delicious, Salmon in red curry sauce is a must try and the pineapple butter cake is pretty much on every table. Great outdoor seating with trees and beautiful lanterns. Waitress was very attentive and friendly, Miguel, the general manager went the extra mile with his recommendations and constant presence at the dinning room.Special Features:
- Lovely setting but expected moreOCdiner2014VIPDined on 9/30/2014I went for lunch for the first time the other day. Great setting and food. Great service. I was surprised that the quality of the dining room furniture was very "mid-level hotel" dining room--nothing special. And the end of our experience was hurt when the valet (not friendly at all) brought my car around and promptly parked it right behind another vehicle and I had to manuever to get out. Very odd.Special Features:
- DisappointedQualityfood1Dined on 9/26/2014At oak grill, staff seemed inexperience and in a rush to clear the table and turn over to another party. Multiple times the server would come to the table to take our appetizers away even though we were clearly not done , still had food on the plate and still eating it . I had to ask the server three times not to take the plate away as we were still working on it and the fourth time he came to the table and took my plate away with food in it as I was talking to my friend without asking if I was finished. Same with bread. I asked to bring the bread back and he took the bread away again after I took one roll out . The Chilean sea bass was so greasy and salty and tasted so fishy that I had to send it back .Special Features:
- Great Food, Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Service was amazing, good was great..will definately be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's not the old Hotel RestaurantLocaldinerVIPDined on 9/20/2014They have really updated the place, and the outside patio area is beautiful and active. Our food was excellent. Young, trendy clentele.Special Features:
- Great SpotTallGirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014I thoroughly enjoyed Oak Grill. It is a beautiful spot with a great vibe. I loved my time here and will recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!NeighborsDined on 9/17/2014This was my 4th time to the Oak Grill. Great outdoor ambiance and the food is good too. Love the pork chop for dinner! BUT the corkage fee of $30.00 is outrageous!!!!!Special Features:
- not the samejj1010VIPDined on 9/6/2014This new restaurant is definitely not the four seasons...
- very disappointedlovetoeatDined on 9/5/2014We were sitted over 1 hour after our appointed time. The food was ok definitely over priced for the amount of food. And the service was so so do damn slow....Special Features:
- A gem in Newport BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a birthday dinner at the Oak Grill and I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was. Service was spot-on, the venue is breathtaking, especially if you sit outdoors. This is a big restaurant, but you don't get that feeling. No hustle, bustle …no frantic servers running around. You can actually talk and hear at the Grill. What a concept!! The food was delish….each course beautifully presented and so tasty. Can you ask for anything more?? Just wish it was closer to where we live. Can't wait for a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romantic evening under the starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Elegant setting . Great wait staff. Really listen to you . Food was awesome. Especially soft shell crab special. Going back soon .Special Features:
- diamondsNheelsDined on 8/28/2014The ambiance was amazing. ... Food & Presentation was fantastic. ...Our server Genalyn was genuine in her recommendation and attentive to our every needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellaDined on 8/26/2014My first visit for lunch as well as my guest. I loved it! Food was exceptional and so was the service. And you are right next door! I will definitely come back and have been telling all my friends and co-workers about the Oak Grill!Special Features:
- On the fenceTrendyDiningDined on 8/23/2014The food was great...the service was terrible. Took us 15 minutes to receive water for the table. Alrhough we relieved bread shortly after the water, we never received a plate to serve ourselves the bread. Our appetizers came before we were even served our drinks. We ordered the grilled calamari which was fantastic. Our drinks finally came, as well as our food. My martini was terrible. Not chilled, not mixed well, no olives. We ordered the lobster Cobb salad and the steak. Both extremely delicious. Seems like the only thing this place has is a great chef.....Special Features:
- CathyDined on 8/19/2014Had a great lunch and our server was the best !! I would come back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TIMWDined on 8/18/2014We went there for my birthday. Service was great and the food better. Outside seating was terriric.Special Features:
- Back AgainLovetodineVIPDined on 8/16/2014This our second time at the new Oak Grill. We were just as pleased this time as last. This becoming our favorite up scale restaurant in the OC. The food is excellent. Do not miss the flat bread pizza to start with. Service is professional and very attentive. We had recommended the restaurant to friends who just happened to be there when we were. They came over to thank us for the reservation. Tip reserve a table on the patio.Special Features:
- Great place!AndreaDined on 8/15/2014We lived blocks away, we went for the first time on Friday, and we were very surprised how awesome the place looked after the remodeled!!!! Loved the area outside with the huge trees and the lights on the trees, the food was delicious, the service was superb! Denny was our waiter and he was knowledgeable, very polite and friendly at the same time! We went back on Sunday for lunch, to check out the lunch menu, and it was a hit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting a Mastro's experienceOuteverynighttoeatVIPDined on 8/14/2014Does not compare, food was great, but just a nicer Hotel type restaurant.....I was expecting a lot more since the Mgmt team came from Mastros and Mortons , but the look and feel of the restaurant look like a nice lunch spot.Special Features:
- LoveGoodFoodDined on 8/14/2014Been there twice now and LOVE it. Food from that young chef is amazingly good. Love the outdoor space.Special Features:
- Limited MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Wonderful outdoor patio. Food selection was interesting but limited. Nice lunch. Look forward to trying the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potentialnoneDined on 8/8/2014An OK location for the guest in the hotel. But to attract outside guest and keep them returning they need to have a first class restaurant to go along with the first class hotel. The food was good but the service very slow. The food came out cold.(a real NO NO!) Our waiter was pleasant but you could tell the staff lacked training. Additional training, and better leadership, (No one looked to be in charge), I think this spot could be a place to remember.Special Features: