Oak at fourteenth
1400 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oak at fourteenth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakatfourteenth.com/
- Phone: 3034443622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Mid-Day: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: Thursday - Saturday 10:00PM - 12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Redzikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oak at Fourteenth does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Phoebe to reserve your space in our private dining area, the Acorn Room.
- Private Party Contact: Phoebe Trotta 3034443622x
- Special Events: Oak welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer our Acorn Room with seating for up to 40 guests, or exclusive use of the restaurant for up to 90 guests.
For inquiries or event bookings, contact our private event coordinator, Phoebe Trotta, at 303-444-3622.
A word from Oak at fourteenth
Oak at Fourteenth is a neighborhood restaurant that features local and seasonal new American Cuisine in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night. Chef/Owner Steven Redzikowski’s simple yet inspired menus are focused around wood fire cookery. Oak offers a creative hand- crafted cocktail menu, artisan wine and beer list that help create a fun and energetic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Oak at fourteenth - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Oak at fourteenth reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (99)special occasion (66)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (41)notable wine list (33)romantic (26)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (12)late-night find (10)great for brunch (9)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Delicious, however...BeckyDined on 7/25/2014Delicious meal, beautifully presented in a very noisy dining room. The noise was created by customers in lively conversations. We find most restaurants in Boulder too noisy. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableMrDeerDined on 7/24/2014Love this place. Food is always great and service is excellent. Usually prefer the small plates to the entrees. The cocktails are exceptional. It's our go-to spot for any special occasion and never disappoints. The main dining room is better experience than the side one. Haven't dined outside yet, but looks nice as well. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Exceptional Farm to Table FareSLynnCDined on 7/24/2014Everything was terrific - appeared to have been hand picked that morning..... Excellent produce from Munson Farms, locally sourced goat cheese, etc. If you want fresh, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cj6796Dined on 7/23/2014Very nice meal. A real hot spot. Noise level is high so hard to carry on much of a conversation. Wait staff was attentive. Nice evening.Special Features:
- Always good!CCboulderDined on 7/23/2014Took a business associate to lunch here because I know it's a hit. Good, as usual, but air conditioning was a bit overdone! Noise level seemed a lot louder this time, but we definitely enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- New approaches to traditionalSoBuenoDined on 7/22/2014I rarely compliment the chef, but I did when I ate here. It also helped that I ate at the row of seats overlooking the kitchen. I noticed the care they took with each entree and gave easy access to the chef. I had eggplant with a zingy, nutty tapenade, and the main course was expertly plated and surprisingly colorful. The bacon-wrapped tenderloin arrived in medallions laid in a mixture of beets, pearl onions and other veggies with a spicy mustard sauce. I'm not one for beets and onions, but whatever they did to boost that flavor was deliciously done.Special Features:
- Lunch and DinnerMayouDined on 7/22/2014Recently I had lunch at Oak. The food was outstanding. I had a pasta special of the day and then my friend and I split a chocolate cake for dessert. The service was right on. I never had to search for anyone to ask for anything. Dinner: After a successful lunch I returned to have dinner at Oak. I had 1/2 roasted chicken (special of the night) with a side of vegetables. Very tasty. The only comment that I have that is negative is that it tends to be somewhat noisy. Great food/great service.Special Features:
- All Hard SurfacesJDofBoulderDined on 7/19/2014When your waitperson apologizes by saying that "it's really noisy in here" ... well, you can kiss any chance of a conversation at dinner goodbye. The food was good to very good, but the ambiance was REALLY LOUD! For me, that trumps the quality of the food when considering the overall experience for dining out. The bill for our party of four (including one strict vegetarian/non-drinker) was $300 (before tip). We did have a bottle of wine ($55 - which was among the least expensive bottles available). The cost of our meal may be "normal" for Boulder, but I don't see the overall value. There was not a single 'soft' surface in the main dining area. We won't be rushing back.
- Small plates are greatBoulderDinerDined on 7/17/2014Just had a very enjoyable meal at Oak. Tired a variety of small plates-all were incredibly tasty, well presented, had unique twists. The waiter took the extra time to split dishes for the two of us when it made sense-such as the salad courses we tried. Only complaint is that the bartender continued to engage and chat up some drunk obnoxious 50-something ladies at the bar who were loud and obnoxious. While this was great for his tip, the volume level of of snorts and barks coming from the trio was loud enough to turn distract more than just our table.Special Features:
- Great cocktails and foodmacinjaynDined on 7/14/2014Great place for a fun dinner out. Delicious cocktails, unique menu items, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!acstDined on 7/12/2014The burrata and shrimp and grits are not to be missed. Service was perfect! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingzeldasmomDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated our 34th anniversary at the oak and had an amazing dinner. We started with some of the small plates to share and ended up sharing the red fish. Also had a wonderful strawberry dessert. Loved the kale salad, shrimp and grits and pork belly (my favorite). Would drfinately definitely go again. Had great service too.Special Features:
- wonderful food - lots of optionshungryladyDined on 7/12/2014Oak at fourteenth is a fabulous restaurant with great fresh food options - try the buratta! There are great choices of appetisers and entrees - something to please everyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/10/2014Extremely noisy! Cannot have a conversation inside!
- Way overpriced!4krcDined on 7/8/2014From the ridiculously priced wine list (not a single bottle under $40....but plenty over $100) to the entrees, all of which were $25 or over, to the $13 salads (6 roasted beet pieces with a sprinkling of basil and cheese)....I will not be back.
- Great restaurant!WsweVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great lunch at this place! Service was excellent! Fried pickles to start which were wonderful! I had a noodle salad which was very good. My husband loved his turkey sandwich. Dessert was a coffee dusted/frosted donut which was also wonderful! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Food overrides noiseGuidoVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a very noisy restaurant, however the quality of the food makes up for it. The small plates are varied and not really small, good for sharing. The kale/ apple salad and shrimp& grits were outstanding. Try to get a patio (sidewalk) table if the weather permits.Special Features:
- college town servicesjspismeDined on 7/1/2014slow, slow, slow. Slow first contact with waiter, slow drink order, slow refills of alcohol, slow check delivery, slow pick-up, it would be difficult to say a complete lack of interest on the part of the waiter but I am willing to say a 99% lack of interest in our experience. Could this curly haired lad be a bad apple? The pretty well all-around ennui was obvious, hostess, bussers, food runners. As a chef for over 35 years I tend to give staff a break when it comes to "one-of-those-days". I am always explaining to friends who have not worked in the restaurants why what they think is bad service is excusable. My only explanation here: disinterest as an overall restaurant wide policy-no thanks. Weird think was that the food was great.Special Features:
- Pretty goodPlaneCrazyVIPDined on 6/29/2014House drinks were amazing. Bone marrow appetizer was pretty good. Dessert was a bit disappointing (both of them). Entrees were tasty, but portioning seemed wrong. I had probably too much food, while my wife's portion was a bit small. Overall, its better than average. I might go back, but its not at the top of my list to do so.Special Features:
- Creative diningThommoVIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent, innovative food and outstanding service. Appetizers were tasty but skimpy in portion size. Entrees were generous and flavorful. Wine list was not expansive but well chosen. Overall, a restaurant that I would have no hesitation in visiting again and recommending to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS - again!raftingandravenousDined on 6/24/2014Last time 3 of us ate all the small/shared-plate options. All excellent. This time, my husband and I split two small plates and each had our own entree. Even being nine months pregnant, I was able to comfortably finish the entree after sharing the starters. The "large" plates are healthy, normal size portions, not 'fast casual heapings' of food. The menu had some lovely new items on it - a parmesan custard with shaved asparagus salad, squid ink pasta with king crab and manila clams, bacon-wrapped pork tenderlion cooked to perfection. You just can't go wrong at this place. If you walk in, grab a bar seat by the wood-fired stove to watch the action happen as you eat. It's an excellent spot that's reliably awesome time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable dinner/experienceSpudmanDined on 6/22/2014Excellent all-around find for two "food snobs" during our first visit to Boulder! Would highly recommend --Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Spinal Tap- "these go to 11"tboulderDined on 6/21/2014https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc I gave the ambience a 2 due to the noise level.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/19/2014Easily maintains it's place as one of the top 4 or 5 restaurants in Boulder. Not the place for an intimate dinner, in my opinion, but conversation is certainly not impeded by the lively atmosphere or excessive attention by the wait-staff who are well-informed and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience.tgambeeDined on 6/16/2014There are no specials here because the menu changes daily. The food is always amazing. It is our favorite place to eat in Boulder.Special Features:
- Fathers Day MealDaleDined on 6/15/2014The food was superb, everything was unique and tastefully crafted in it's own way, each bite was a piece of Heaven! The cocktails were wonderful concoctions, blended to perfection. The service was exceptional. Turkey the best Fathers Day meal every:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowIEatFoodDined on 6/14/2014We came for our wedding anniversary and were blown away by the food. Great service as well. We loved the salted caramel pudding/ice cream desert. Spectacular wine too. Perfect meal and a memorable night.Special Features:
- Wonderful!BobbleDined on 6/13/2014First time coming here for lunch, one of the best lunches in Boulder! The food was just stellar.Special Features:
- Great meal, service but too LOUD!RittVIPDined on 6/11/2014I'll continue to return because it's a great restaurant, but it really just gets too loud in the dining room. I know they want it to feel energetic, but it's to excess. They should install something to dampen the sound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014We were seated and lots of hustle and bustle but no drink orders were taken until we flagged someone down after about 7 or 8 minutes. The restaurant is extremely loud. They also mixed up our order, just three of us and it took an extra half hour probably for us to get served. I don't know why we had such bad service. The food was good but we will probably not go back, as we didn't feel like we were being treated well and the prices are not cheap.Special Features:
- Oak was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/4/2014This was the best meal we've had in Boulder. The food was incredible and the service was outstanding. The meal was perfectly paced.Special Features:
- An amazing dinnerdamijenDined on 6/3/2014Oak at Fourteenth is a restaurant everybody should try at least once. We had an amazing dinner. Food and drinks were outstanding. Freshness and quality of the ingredients are remarkable. The noise level can be energetic but the ambience is truly vibrant. Memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, hard to hearjmb39Dined on 5/31/2014Loved our meal! The pork shoulder and kale salad were great. I found it hard to hear at times the acoustics are not great, that would not at all deter me from going back tho. Also, very flexible on converting dishes to gluten free.Special Features:
- Almost 5 starsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/31/2014There were 3 of us dining. 2 had entrees that were outstanding, but one said their meal, while good, did not rank 5 stars. The appetizer was definitely 5 stars. The best desert had by our party was the root beer float. This restaurant has highly creative food and it ranks very highly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSteveVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food and service were great, even down to the timing of the food arrival to rhe table. Atmosphere lively and exciting.Special Features:
- Great foodamfarbsDined on 5/30/2014We were looking for something nice on the later side of the evening, since our flight in was delayed. We found Oak at fourteenth and their excellent food! We ended up getting 3 appetizers, which were quite well sized and were stuffed. Quite delicious! They also have a creative and tasty selection of cocktails which we enjoyed.Special Features:
- Great food/way too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2014Food is really fresh,creative and delicious , but the noise in the restaurant makes it difficult to speak or hear..Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Oak is my go to for special occasions and my experience always meets my expectations.Special Features:
- Fun place on the Pearl St. MallPearlStreetMallDiningDined on 5/25/2014The food is very good, love the shrimp and grits of all things. Fun sitting looking out on the mall. Bar is exceptional. Noisy but worth it,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulously deliscious!JacquelineDined on 5/24/2014Frist time ~Oak smoke aroma lured us up Fourteenth to the front door where we were greeted by an extremely professional, refined, well-tuned staff. Enjoyed the bar while waiting for friends, impressive tempting extensive drink menu including house-made sodas. Shaved kale and apple salad was the best I've ever had while dining out. Shared the massive Wood Grilled Bone-In Ribeye for two which was perfectly presented on a carving board with all accompaniments. Cooked to perfected and decadent! Service was great, wait staff seemed to genuinely enjoy their positions while proprietor Bryan Dayton mingled amongst the crowd shining like the star he is! I do believe Oak on Fourteenth has made our most-favorite-list. Can't wait to go back!Special Features: