Oak at fourteenth
1400 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oak at fourteenth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakatfourteenth.com/
- Phone: (303) 444-3622
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Mid-Day: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: Thursday - Saturday 10:00PM - 12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Redzikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oak at Fourteenth does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Phoebe to reserve your space in our private dining area, the Acorn Room.
- Private Party Contact: Phoebe Trotta 3034443622x
- Special Events: Oak welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer our Acorn Room with seating for up to 40 guests, or exclusive use of the restaurant for up to 90 guests.
For inquiries or event bookings, contact our private event coordinator, Phoebe Trotta, at 303-444-3622.
A word from Oak at fourteenth
Oak at Fourteenth is a neighborhood restaurant that features local and seasonal new American Cuisine in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night. Chef/Owner Steven Redzikowski’s simple yet inspired menus are focused around wood fire cookery. Oak offers a creative hand- crafted cocktail menu, artisan wine and beer list that help create a fun and energetic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Oak at fourteenth - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Oak at fourteenth reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (122)special occasion (77)hot spot (73)notable wine list (49)neighborhood gem (47)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (32)good for groups (30)great for outdoor dining (21)late-night find (12)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Fantastic Experience!EmbargadoDined on 11/24/2014Went to Oak at Fourteenth for lunch and it was excellent! Highly recommend this restaurant as a lunch stop while enjoying a day on Pearl Street MallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant with good food.PearlDined on 11/22/2014For a date night for an old married couple it was a little too loud but the food was delicious, the staff very attentive, the atmosphere energetic. It was just a little hard to hear the waiter at times and a little too noisy for me. However, others obviously love it because it was a lively, happy crowd. If one is looking for a vibrant atmosphere and great food it is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the food during the day and the bar at nightyummaDined on 11/22/2014perfect service, tasty fresh farm food, crazy affordable....yummy!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/21/2014Since Oak is on a 2-week booking wait for friday night dinner, it takes a lot to meet the expectations. The food does not disappoint, even with such a high bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- savorySoupsDined on 11/17/2014Oak was a great birthday location for a birthday dinner. Savory and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but I've had betterCapitolHillManVIPDined on 11/15/2014I read about Oak in 5280 and was excited to try a Boulder restaurant on the list. What my wife and I found was a good restaurant but not a great one. We've hit many of the 5280 top 25 restaurants and we felt this one was not quite up to par. We were excited about many of the small/share-able plates but each of them were just fine, none were great and all lacked any wow factor. The octopus was actually not good, too oily, and we had to send it back. The only reason I gave them 3 stars on service was because our waitress took it back without hesitation. Other than this, our waitress was lack luster in providing recommendations and was just not the top level service I have come to expect at great restaurants where I'm dropping a lot on a great meal. I might try Oak again in the future but it will be a long time from now after I've had a chance to hit the other many great restaurants in Boulder.
- Much too loud- couldn't hear our table 4 talk.JackyDined on 11/15/2014Would not go again, Food was much too expensive for what was served. Dish that was to take and extra 30-40 minutes was almost an hour late. Harvest Salad that my husband and I split consisted of 3 beats each, 4 stands of arugula or lettuce and a sliver of thin bread. Server spilled meat juices over our guests pants and restaurant was too noisy. Our guests put it perfectly: This was on of the most expensive meals in Boulder for a mediocre meal. I will not go again nor would I recommend it.
- FrankVIPDined on 11/14/2014Great as always. God and service excellent! I plan to be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service with campfireFoodieDined on 11/13/2014Our food at Oak was very good, and the service was perfect. Something should be done about their exhaust system. The restaurant was very smoky. When I left, I smelled as if I had eaten dinner by a campfire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go ToOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014Oak is our "go to" place in town. Special occasion, date night, friends in town, after concert late night. As a chef and owner of a food biz, it's really great to go somewhere and have great food, get great service and still be able to pay the mortgage. All while supporting the local private biz. We love Oak.Special Features:
- This is the placeOurnightoutDined on 11/8/2014If you are looking for an excellent night out then this is the place. The food is fantastic, crew is very attentive and friendly, ambiance is just right and price is right. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodBlacklabby317Dined on 11/8/2014The food is amazing here as always. We love the mix up of the small plates and shared plates and everything is always spot on. The service is great and my water glass was never empty. The only drawback is this is such a hot spot that there were several tables of the 20-something crowd just milling about which made the atmosphere more like a bar scene and less like a restaurant.Special Features:
- Very good but LOUD.KateDined on 11/7/2014Great food, but very, very loud. They need some fabric in there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/3/2014Been here a couple of times now and will continue to return while the food and service remain this good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and uniqueFoodiefanVIPDined on 11/2/2014This was a repeat trip to Oak, this chef continues to perform at a high level. Lemon sole, cooked just right and served in a lovely pesto butter sauce with delicate calamari. Two had scallops with chorizo, romanesco, raisins and curry and raved about it. Kale salad, cut into shreds, is delicate with shaved apples and candied almonds and a light dressing. We devoured the wood roasted brussel sprouts, which had a good amount of charring on them (tastes sooooo good). Contemplating dessert choices, the waitress insisted we have budino, she was right, a delicious, thick, pudding, total yum. It was completely filled at 6:30 on Thursday, the noise level was high, making it challenging to talk at times.Special Features:
- Amazing foodF00dieintrainingVIPDined on 11/2/2014We went to Oak to celebrate our anniversary. The food was incredible, the service was outstanding, we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/1/2014We absolutely loved the food, the decor, the waiter, it was all around so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestVisitnomoreDined on 11/1/2014Visiting Boulder again and working our way through the cities long list of great eating places. Oak was outstanding top to bottom. Great atmosphere (a little noisy), exceptional food and outstanding service. We had a beautiful window table to watch all the action on Pearl Street. Can't think of anything negative to say about this restaurant at all. Highly recommend you give it a try if you visit Boulder. Make a reservation though as this is a very popular dining destination.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and service!Enzo76VIPDined on 10/28/2014The apple kale salad is just amazing! Squash soup and scallops were also great. The service was excellent from the moment we walked in the door, to the moment we walked out. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food, overall experience, mehst329Dined on 10/26/2014Our feeling was that the chef is doing a great job, but the rest of the restaurant experience isn't at the same level. The service was good, but slow, the music was a strange choice of rock barely audible over the noise of the room. The food was excellent but overpriced. $6.00 for a soda ? $25.00 for chicken ? As much as we enjoyed the shrimp and grits, the scallops, and the pork tenderloin, the prices will stop us from returning.Special Features:
- kinotedkinotomDined on 10/26/2014other than high noise level and excellent meal and great serviceSpecial Features:
- A Boulder Bestkwm57Dined on 10/25/2014The food and service at this restaurant is among the best we have found in Boulder. Creative flare with seasonal and delicious combinations. One pork dish was underdone on the meat but informing the staff it was well handled. One salt sensitive diner in our group thought salt was heavy handed in some things. But from start to finish an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Great mealmomoflisaVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were there for lunch and it was delicious! One of the best meals we've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Excellent!bravoDined on 10/20/2014We took my parents to Oak at Fourteenth while they were visiting and we all had a lovely time. The beer and wine list is extensive and everyone had the opportunity to imbibe what he or she wanted. We ordered the hamachi crudo and shrimp & grits as starters and they were excellent! The shrimp and grits were a definite hit with my parents who said that it was the best they'd ever had, and they live in South! We also ordered the chicken and the scallops for our large plates and those dishes were outstanding as well. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Oak at Fourteenth. 10-18-2014DauvardDined on 10/18/2014Reservation was ready when we walked in on time. Food was varied, well explained and well cooked. Service was great. A small mistake on the tab but it was quickly and cheerfully corrected. We were very pleasedSpecial Features:
- Choose Cuisine or ConversationmemememeVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food and service are excellent. The menu has wonderful choices & servers are knowledgable & attentive. The noise level is horrible. Bring your energy to yell your conversation. You'll need it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on Pearl Street!lindsathVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was rich but very tastey! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service food was pretty goodAngieTDined on 10/13/2014There were some really great things about this restaurant. The service was great, the ambiance is nice and the meals were pretty good. My daughter's hamburger had some weird plastic melted to the side of it, and that was weird. My son's chicken nuggets were pretty good, but a little bland. The tator tots were really good, probably the best thing we had. My husband's scallops were good, except they were gritty. My bacon wrapped pork was really good, but the bed of hominy it was served on was pretty bland and boring. I would have much preferred some nice veggies. Here's the thing, this is an expensive restaurant, and I expect higher quality food for that price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014thought the food was outstanding...had the shaved lamb sandwich which I loved...was please that the noise level wasn't so great on the south end that we could talk...it is a huge problem in restaurants! for some of us that is the reason we go to a restaurant-to chat, catch up, connect...very difficult in many restaurants and a little difficult on your north side..I do love your restaurant...keep up the great food and service.Special Features:
- how lucky !WinnieDined on 10/6/2014We were lucky enough to choose to have dinner at Oak at 14th while on vacation in Boulder. Our dinner was excellent from start to finish. The cocktail menu was so cool! It is worth having at least one before dinner. We had the fried pickles for an appetizer and they were great. For dinner two of had the chicken, one had the pork, and my son had steak. We all cleaned our plates. The flavor of the oak fire for cooking was so good. The Brussels sprouts on my plate were to die for...yes, Brussels sprouts. Since we cleaned our plates, we did not have room for dessert. Everything was delicious, service was great and the visit to Oak at 14th was fun! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- So loud my head hurtnevergoingbackDined on 10/6/2014I felt like I needed ear plugs just to lower the roar of noise. It could have been the best food in the world, but the noise level (music, people talking over music, music turned louder, people talking louder, etc) make me just want to get out of there as fast as possible. Not a place I would recommend if you want to have a conversation.
- Their is no bad choiceJohnyappleDined on 10/4/2014Everything is wonderful. Especially the shrimp and grits. Shaved lamb sandwich is also amazing. They have it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceboulderdotVIPDined on 10/3/2014Not only is the food creative, fresh and local, but our server (I wish I knew her name) was amazing....the way she described each dish allowed you to taste it before you ever ordered it. Everything was great!Special Features:
- ExcellentDrmickjrVIPDined on 10/3/2014Oak at Fourteenth is one of a handful of 'go to' restaurants for us when we plan to eat lunch in Boulder. We can take our daughter, who is 27, and my Mother-in-Law, who is 85, and each of us can dine on the kind of food they prefer, from fried pickles to shrimp with grits. There are occasional slips, but they are rare and just part of the restaurant experience. The wine list is very interesting, comprising eclectic selections that may not reflect value but do represent quality. Service is consistently excellent. Reservations are needed, because this is a popular dining spot.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysBeezieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I bring clients here for lunch often. It never disappoints, clients love it. We also go for special occasion dinners, food is outstanding, bar program is world class.Special Features:
- Great food, overly sarcastic waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/2/2014A great experience spoiled by our waiter being overly sarcastic about one of us asking if he had coffee. "Are you serious? Really? Do we have coffee? Oh c'mon, where do you think you are..." on and on.... He realized he went overboard by apologizing later, what a bone head.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightbbernardDined on 9/29/2014I could not think of a better place to spend our anniversary. The cocktails, wine and food were exceptional. The cocktail list is unique and very creative. We all (4 of us) had a different dish and we could not decide which we liked best. We also had a Cab Franc with our meals that was out of this world. This is the 3rd time I have dined at this restaurant, and it has been outstanding every time.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedBearNecessitiesDined on 9/26/2014I have been here to celebrate my birthday 2 years in a row and I haven't been disappointed. The menu is always different and I love the chef's ingenuity with classic favorites like pork tenderloin or braised bass. Wonderful quality of ingredients and unique flavor combinations that I only wish I could mimic at home in my own kitchen! The service is always friendly so even though the food is upscale - the atmosphere feels more casual and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!loloDined on 9/25/2014I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. Food was excellent, cocktails were delightful, and the most notable part was the service. Not only was our waiter very diligent, but several other servers made the whole experience extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experiencecatsluv2eatDined on 9/24/2014The food is definitely foodie food and very tasty. The service was amazing, they really went above and beyond to make it a special evening for my spouse and I.Special Features: