Oak at fourteenth
1400 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oak at fourteenth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakatfourteenth.com/
- Phone: 3034443622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Mid-Day: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: Thursday - Saturday 10:00PM - 12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Redzikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oak at Fourteenth does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Phoebe to reserve your space in our private dining area, the Acorn Room.
- Private Party Contact: Phoebe Trotta 3034443622x
- Special Events: Oak welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer our Acorn Room with seating for up to 40 guests, or exclusive use of the restaurant for up to 90 guests.
For inquiries or event bookings, contact our private event coordinator, Phoebe Trotta, at 303-444-3622.
A word from Oak at fourteenth
Oak at Fourteenth is a neighborhood restaurant that features local and seasonal new American Cuisine in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night. Chef/Owner Steven Redzikowski’s simple yet inspired menus are focused around wood fire cookery. Oak offers a creative hand- crafted cocktail menu, artisan wine and beer list that help create a fun and energetic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Oak at fourteenth - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Oak at fourteenth reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (118)special occasion (77)hot spot (65)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (32)romantic (31)great for lunch (29)good for groups (26)great for outdoor dining (25)late-night find (11)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great food, overall experience, mehst329Dined on 10/26/2014Our feeling was that the chef is doing a great job, but the rest of the restaurant experience isn't at the same level. The service was good, but slow, the music was a strange choice of rock barely audible over the noise of the room. The food was excellent but overpriced. $6.00 for a soda ? $25.00 for chicken ? As much as we enjoyed the shrimp and grits, the scallops, and the pork tenderloin, the prices will stop us from returning.Special Features:
- kinotedkinotomDined on 10/26/2014other than high noise level and excellent meal and great serviceSpecial Features:
- A Boulder Bestkwm57Dined on 10/25/2014The food and service at this restaurant is among the best we have found in Boulder. Creative flare with seasonal and delicious combinations. One pork dish was underdone on the meat but informing the staff it was well handled. One salt sensitive diner in our group thought salt was heavy handed in some things. But from start to finish an excellent experience.Special Features:
- Great mealmomoflisaVIPDined on 10/25/2014We were there for lunch and it was delicious! One of the best meals we've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Excellent!bravoDined on 10/20/2014We took my parents to Oak at Fourteenth while they were visiting and we all had a lovely time. The beer and wine list is extensive and everyone had the opportunity to imbibe what he or she wanted. We ordered the hamachi crudo and shrimp & grits as starters and they were excellent! The shrimp and grits were a definite hit with my parents who said that it was the best they'd ever had, and they live in South! We also ordered the chicken and the scallops for our large plates and those dishes were outstanding as well. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Oak at Fourteenth. 10-18-2014DauvardDined on 10/18/2014Reservation was ready when we walked in on time. Food was varied, well explained and well cooked. Service was great. A small mistake on the tab but it was quickly and cheerfully corrected. We were very pleasedSpecial Features:
- Choose Cuisine or ConversationmemememeVIPDined on 10/14/2014Food and service are excellent. The menu has wonderful choices & servers are knowledgable & attentive. The noise level is horrible. Bring your energy to yell your conversation. You'll need it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on Pearl Street!lindsathVIPDined on 10/13/2014The food was rich but very tastey! Service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service food was pretty goodAngieTDined on 10/13/2014There were some really great things about this restaurant. The service was great, the ambiance is nice and the meals were pretty good. My daughter's hamburger had some weird plastic melted to the side of it, and that was weird. My son's chicken nuggets were pretty good, but a little bland. The tator tots were really good, probably the best thing we had. My husband's scallops were good, except they were gritty. My bacon wrapped pork was really good, but the bed of hominy it was served on was pretty bland and boring. I would have much preferred some nice veggies. Here's the thing, this is an expensive restaurant, and I expect higher quality food for that price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2014thought the food was outstanding...had the shaved lamb sandwich which I loved...was please that the noise level wasn't so great on the south end that we could talk...it is a huge problem in restaurants! for some of us that is the reason we go to a restaurant-to chat, catch up, connect...very difficult in many restaurants and a little difficult on your north side..I do love your restaurant...keep up the great food and service.Special Features:
- how lucky !WinnieDined on 10/6/2014We were lucky enough to choose to have dinner at Oak at 14th while on vacation in Boulder. Our dinner was excellent from start to finish. The cocktail menu was so cool! It is worth having at least one before dinner. We had the fried pickles for an appetizer and they were great. For dinner two of had the chicken, one had the pork, and my son had steak. We all cleaned our plates. The flavor of the oak fire for cooking was so good. The Brussels sprouts on my plate were to die for...yes, Brussels sprouts. Since we cleaned our plates, we did not have room for dessert. Everything was delicious, service was great and the visit to Oak at 14th was fun! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- So loud my head hurtnevergoingbackDined on 10/6/2014I felt like I needed ear plugs just to lower the roar of noise. It could have been the best food in the world, but the noise level (music, people talking over music, music turned louder, people talking louder, etc) make me just want to get out of there as fast as possible. Not a place I would recommend if you want to have a conversation.
- Their is no bad choiceJohnyappleDined on 10/4/2014Everything is wonderful. Especially the shrimp and grits. Shaved lamb sandwich is also amazing. They have it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experienceboulderdotVIPDined on 10/3/2014Not only is the food creative, fresh and local, but our server (I wish I knew her name) was amazing....the way she described each dish allowed you to taste it before you ever ordered it. Everything was great!Special Features:
- ExcellentDrmickjrVIPDined on 10/3/2014Oak at Fourteenth is one of a handful of 'go to' restaurants for us when we plan to eat lunch in Boulder. We can take our daughter, who is 27, and my Mother-in-Law, who is 85, and each of us can dine on the kind of food they prefer, from fried pickles to shrimp with grits. There are occasional slips, but they are rare and just part of the restaurant experience. The wine list is very interesting, comprising eclectic selections that may not reflect value but do represent quality. Service is consistently excellent. Reservations are needed, because this is a popular dining spot.Special Features:
- Excellent as AlwaysBeezieDined on 10/3/2014I bring clients here for lunch often. It never disappoints, clients love it. We also go for special occasion dinners, food is outstanding, bar program is world class.Special Features:
- Great food, overly sarcastic waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/2/2014A great experience spoiled by our waiter being overly sarcastic about one of us asking if he had coffee. "Are you serious? Really? Do we have coffee? Oh c'mon, where do you think you are..." on and on.... He realized he went overboard by apologizing later, what a bone head.Special Features:
- Anniversary NightbbernardDined on 9/29/2014I could not think of a better place to spend our anniversary. The cocktails, wine and food were exceptional. The cocktail list is unique and very creative. We all (4 of us) had a different dish and we could not decide which we liked best. We also had a Cab Franc with our meals that was out of this world. This is the 3rd time I have dined at this restaurant, and it has been outstanding every time.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedBearNecessitiesDined on 9/26/2014I have been here to celebrate my birthday 2 years in a row and I haven't been disappointed. The menu is always different and I love the chef's ingenuity with classic favorites like pork tenderloin or braised bass. Wonderful quality of ingredients and unique flavor combinations that I only wish I could mimic at home in my own kitchen! The service is always friendly so even though the food is upscale - the atmosphere feels more casual and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!loloDined on 9/25/2014I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant. Food was excellent, cocktails were delightful, and the most notable part was the service. Not only was our waiter very diligent, but several other servers made the whole experience extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experiencecatsluv2eatDined on 9/24/2014The food is definitely foodie food and very tasty. The service was amazing, they really went above and beyond to make it a special evening for my spouse and I.Special Features:
- Perfect for our anniversary dinnerPK24Dined on 9/18/2014What a treat! When we arrived with our toddler, they were ready with a high chair and stored out stroller in the coat room. We were seated and they brought us complimentary glasses of champagne to kick off our anniversary celebration. The service was excellent and the menu had choices that worked great for our little boy (meatballs and grits). The napa cabbage salad was very refreshing. The NY strip was extremely flavorful and tender. The cocktails menu is very creative as well. The waiter brought me an excellent glass of red wine based on how I described what I typically drink. We love in Denver but will definitely make the trip back up to boulder to return to this spot. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Astoundingly noisygrw720Dined on 9/17/2014I like Oak and have eaten there numerous times. But it is so astoundingly noisy that I have come to the conclusion it is not a place to take anyone for a business lunch and possibly not even to go with friends if you want to have a conversation. I am sure they could install some sound mitigation baffling and retain atmosphere but damp the noise level to where you can still have a conversation without wondering if it's time to get a hearing aid. The servers are well intentioned but need better training. In particular they need to be trained how to be attentive but not intrusive. Our server disrupted our conversation repeatedly to the point where he was being a nuisance. He had no idea he was being so intrusive - he just didn't know better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, pricey and dicey.GourmooDined on 9/12/2014Service was slow - food was good - bill was high for what you got.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Boulder!AndreaDined on 9/11/2014Our group of 4 shared almost every salad on the menu as a starter and they were the best salads I've ever had. The main course was flawless. Love the seasonal menu, offers variety between visits. Wine list is great. My only regret is that we didn't get dessert.Special Features:
- OAK is AOKalwayshungry4moreVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had dined at Oak's sister restaurant Acorn not long ago and LOVED it. This was a very close second. Do try the fried pickles.Special Features:
- Fabulous food!ace1Dined on 9/4/2014We really enjoyed our meal at Oak last week. Food and service were outstanding. One of our favorite restaurants in Boulder. My only complaint was that the room seemed much louder than in previous times. It was literally hard to hear conversations on our 4-top. Not sure if different acoustics or just a louder crowd that night.Special Features:
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Good food and service. It was by far the noisiest restaurant I have ever visited. Probably would not return for that reason.Special Features:
- NanaJoanieDined on 9/2/2014The Food was amazing and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Thom's birthday at OakfloodedDined on 9/2/2014Because of the flood we don't have a lot of extra money to spend so we decided to have a simple but delicious supper at Oak. Everything was very good AND there are two things that were problematical... 1. The tables for two along the back wall always get a long blast of sun from the uncovered high windows blinding the person facing them. I have sat there before and should know better. 2. The chocolate cake desert was very small and uninteresting and certainly not worth $10.00. When and if we recover financially we would love to have many more special expensive dinners at OAK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Food was fabulous and the waiter was just delightful.Special Features:
- Great evening in BoulderptnewyorkerDined on 8/28/2014Warm atmosphere, creative menu, great food, and remarkable service.Special Features:
- Another great experienceRobinBoulderDined on 8/25/2014Everything spot on and fantastic service from Rich - again. He's a solid 9.5-10 waiter. Love it there.Special Features:
- Shrimp and gritsmaneatsDined on 8/25/2014One of the most amazing dishes I have ever eaten. Creamy, spicy, full of flavor. Just fantastic.Special Features:
- too noisy! pricey menu!boulderannDined on 8/24/2014Two pet peeves of mine: 1 - a restaurant where everyone at every table has to talk loud to talk over the ambient noise of the restaurant. The result is frustration and fatigue. 2 - a wine menu where there is nothing under $14. You have to think twice about ordering a second glass.
- Great decor and food, Slow serviceGlobalphileVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a great meal with friends but the service was extremely slow. Too many people on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great foodjofilogomoVIPDined on 8/23/2014I must say those meatballs were to die for!!! We just loved all the food and can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We love eating here! The Branzino is amazing as well as their small plates. Everything was brought to us in a timely manner with lots of attention and kindness. The only complaint is the noise. It gets very loud in the evening. We were sitting in the corner and could hardly hear each other. It is worth it for the food!Special Features:
- Nice night outNickNameDined on 8/23/2014Food was exceptional. My party of four went for dinner on a Saturday night and everyone was very pleased with their food. However, the consensus was that the portions were a bit small for the pricing. Also, we felt that though the restaurant was clean and spacious, it felt a bit sterile in there- not a ton of warmth and welcome. Service staff was very friendly and willing and able to answer all questions. Aside from the decorations (which I'm sure some like it), I had a great experience at Oak and I recommend trying it.Special Features:
- Out of townFoodieRIDined on 8/22/2014It just so happen my family and I had one more night in Boulder before leaving and were recommended to go here. Being a foodie I was extremely pleased with everything! From the service to the menu. Small and selective menu made it hard to choose. Meatballs were the best I've ever had in addition to the Ribeye for two. I would say the Ribeye can feed more than 2 people (3 is more appropriate for the size of the plate). Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.