Oak at fourteenth
1400 Pearl St
Boulder, CO 80302Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Oak at fourteenth
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakatfourteenth.com/
- Phone: 3034443622x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am-2:30 pm
Mid-Day: Monday - Saturday: 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Late Night: Thursday - Saturday 10:00PM - 12:30AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steven Redzikowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Oak at Fourteenth does one-of-a-kind catering functions based on customer requests.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Phoebe to reserve your space in our private dining area, the Acorn Room.
- Private Party Contact: Phoebe Trotta 3034443622x
- Special Events: Oak welcomes your celebrations, events, and business gatherings. We offer our Acorn Room with seating for up to 40 guests, or exclusive use of the restaurant for up to 90 guests.
For inquiries or event bookings, contact our private event coordinator, Phoebe Trotta, at 303-444-3622.
A word from Oak at fourteenth
Oak at Fourteenth is a neighborhood restaurant that features local and seasonal new American Cuisine in a friendly and professional atmosphere. Open daily for lunch, dinner and late night. Chef/Owner Steven Redzikowski’s simple yet inspired menus are focused around wood fire cookery. Oak offers a creative hand- crafted cocktail menu, artisan wine and beer list that help create a fun and energetic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Oak at fourteenth - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Oak at fourteenth reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (73)hot spot (55)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (40)romantic (36)vibrant bar scene (31)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (28)good for groups (15)late-night find (14)great for brunch (10)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great evening in BoulderptnewyorkerDined on 8/28/2014Warm atmosphere, creative menu, great food, and remarkable service.Special Features:
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014Everything spot on and fantastic service from Rich - again. He's a solid 9.5-10 waiter. Love it there.Special Features:
- Shrimp and gritsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/25/2014One of the most amazing dishes I have ever eaten. Creamy, spicy, full of flavor. Just fantastic.Special Features:
- too noisy! pricey menu!boulderannDined on 8/24/2014Two pet peeves of mine: 1 - a restaurant where everyone at every table has to talk loud to talk over the ambient noise of the restaurant. The result is frustration and fatigue. 2 - a wine menu where there is nothing under $14. You have to think twice about ordering a second glass.
- Great decor and food, Slow serviceGlobalphileVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a great meal with friends but the service was extremely slow. Too many people on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great foodjofilogomoVIPDined on 8/23/2014I must say those meatballs were to die for!!! We just loved all the food and can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We love eating here! The Branzino is amazing as well as their small plates. Everything was brought to us in a timely manner with lots of attention and kindness. The only complaint is the noise. It gets very loud in the evening. We were sitting in the corner and could hardly hear each other. It is worth it for the food!Special Features:
- Nice night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food was exceptional. My party of four went for dinner on a Saturday night and everyone was very pleased with their food. However, the consensus was that the portions were a bit small for the pricing. Also, we felt that though the restaurant was clean and spacious, it felt a bit sterile in there- not a ton of warmth and welcome. Service staff was very friendly and willing and able to answer all questions. Aside from the decorations (which I'm sure some like it), I had a great experience at Oak and I recommend trying it.Special Features:
- Out of townFoodieRIDined on 8/22/2014It just so happen my family and I had one more night in Boulder before leaving and were recommended to go here. Being a foodie I was extremely pleased with everything! From the service to the menu. Small and selective menu made it hard to choose. Meatballs were the best I've ever had in addition to the Ribeye for two. I would say the Ribeye can feed more than 2 people (3 is more appropriate for the size of the plate). Wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veatsDined on 8/22/2014My friend's burger was fabulous. I had the Quinoa chicken salad and was surprised that the lettuce was wilted and looked like it had seen better days. We were there at opening - 11:30, so one would assume everything would be fresh. Not sure if the lettuce wilted due to adding the grilled chicken?? I didn't say anything because it was a special birthday celebration.Special Features:
- Good Food, disappointing dessertWorldF00dieDined on 8/17/2014We spent over 290USD, and the savory part of the meal was delicious, and the server was really wonderful pointing at the "local farm" information... But, the dessert was very disappointing in comparison with the overall food quality. Found out there is not a PASTRY chef (very important in a restaurant as EXPENSIVE as this). There was not even a slight knowledge (as the local farm provider), about the source of the ingredients in the making of the dessert. Specially in the "Devil's food cake"... When having wonderful chocolate makers in the US, even more important, having good chocolate been made in Colorado!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful experiencebravoDined on 8/16/2014The servers are very polite and courteous, the ambiance of the restaurant is excellent, and the food is spectacular. They also have a very impressive selection of beer, wine, and cocktails. I highly recommend the pork tenderloin and scallop dishes, as well as the hamachi crudo, which is one of the best dishes I've had this year!Special Features:
- Pricy and LoudRsssDined on 8/15/2014Not my kind of restaurant when you have to yell to be heard. Even for Boulder, the drinks are a bit pricy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealJ4abrahamDined on 8/10/2014Dinner with my husband and teenage son, everyone left full and happy. Great meal and drinks, we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good service, noisyBoulderBusinessDinerDined on 8/5/2014This was my first visit to Oak. The food was excellent through all courses, just as I had been told it would be. Service was good but a bit slow. The restaurant was very loud, even though it was not full and all the diners in my room appeared to be fairly muted. If I want great food, I'll consider going back to Oak. If I want great food and conversation, I'll look for someplace that has invested a few dollars in some sound dampening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific eveningKarenDined on 8/5/2014What a great meal! Two of us shared four small plates - shrimp and grits, pate, asparagus with this AMAZING panna cotta cup of heaven, and pork belly. Each one was beautifully presented and delicious with interesting flavors all working well together. I wish I knew our waiter's name - he was so great... just the right amount of attentiveness and knowledge. I look forward to my next visit there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing find!MarissaDined on 8/5/2014The food was delicious and fresh. The service was attentive and friendly. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Our server was amazing! We chose our first round of drinks and asked for food recommendations to compliment our cocktails. He was spot on!!!!!!! i can't stop thinking about the Kale salad. Amazing place for a date night, although it can get a bit loud, it just makes you get closer to your date.Special Features:
- Great find in BoulderBluegrass932VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had dinner there on a Saturday night. Food was great atmosphere was great, beet market salad with peaches was super and the service was terrific. The young serving staff was energetic and knowledgable. Would definitely go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, however...BeckyDined on 7/25/2014Delicious meal, beautifully presented in a very noisy dining room. The noise was created by customers in lively conversations. We find most restaurants in Boulder too noisy. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old ReliableMrDeerDined on 7/24/2014Love this place. Food is always great and service is excellent. Usually prefer the small plates to the entrees. The cocktails are exceptional. It's our go-to spot for any special occasion and never disappoints. The main dining room is better experience than the side one. Haven't dined outside yet, but looks nice as well. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Exceptional Farm to Table FareSLynnCDined on 7/24/2014Everything was terrific - appeared to have been hand picked that morning..... Excellent produce from Munson Farms, locally sourced goat cheese, etc. If you want fresh, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cj6796Dined on 7/23/2014Very nice meal. A real hot spot. Noise level is high so hard to carry on much of a conversation. Wait staff was attentive. Nice evening.Special Features:
- Always good!CCboulderDined on 7/23/2014Took a business associate to lunch here because I know it's a hit. Good, as usual, but air conditioning was a bit overdone! Noise level seemed a lot louder this time, but we definitely enjoyed the food!Special Features:
- New approaches to traditionalSoBuenoDined on 7/22/2014I rarely compliment the chef, but I did when I ate here. It also helped that I ate at the row of seats overlooking the kitchen. I noticed the care they took with each entree and gave easy access to the chef. I had eggplant with a zingy, nutty tapenade, and the main course was expertly plated and surprisingly colorful. The bacon-wrapped tenderloin arrived in medallions laid in a mixture of beets, pearl onions and other veggies with a spicy mustard sauce. I'm not one for beets and onions, but whatever they did to boost that flavor was deliciously done.Special Features:
- Lunch and DinnerMayouDined on 7/22/2014Recently I had lunch at Oak. The food was outstanding. I had a pasta special of the day and then my friend and I split a chocolate cake for dessert. The service was right on. I never had to search for anyone to ask for anything. Dinner: After a successful lunch I returned to have dinner at Oak. I had 1/2 roasted chicken (special of the night) with a side of vegetables. Very tasty. The only comment that I have that is negative is that it tends to be somewhat noisy. Great food/great service.Special Features:
- All Hard SurfacesJDofBoulderDined on 7/19/2014When your waitperson apologizes by saying that "it's really noisy in here" ... well, you can kiss any chance of a conversation at dinner goodbye. The food was good to very good, but the ambiance was REALLY LOUD! For me, that trumps the quality of the food when considering the overall experience for dining out. The bill for our party of four (including one strict vegetarian/non-drinker) was $300 (before tip). We did have a bottle of wine ($55 - which was among the least expensive bottles available). The cost of our meal may be "normal" for Boulder, but I don't see the overall value. There was not a single 'soft' surface in the main dining area. We won't be rushing back.
- Small plates are greatBoulderDinerDined on 7/17/2014Just had a very enjoyable meal at Oak. Tired a variety of small plates-all were incredibly tasty, well presented, had unique twists. The waiter took the extra time to split dishes for the two of us when it made sense-such as the salad courses we tried. Only complaint is that the bartender continued to engage and chat up some drunk obnoxious 50-something ladies at the bar who were loud and obnoxious. While this was great for his tip, the volume level of of snorts and barks coming from the trio was loud enough to turn distract more than just our table.Special Features:
- Great cocktails and foodmacinjaynDined on 7/14/2014Great place for a fun dinner out. Delicious cocktails, unique menu items, and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!acstDined on 7/12/2014The burrata and shrimp and grits are not to be missed. Service was perfect! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingzeldasmomDined on 7/12/2014We celebrated our 34th anniversary at the oak and had an amazing dinner. We started with some of the small plates to share and ended up sharing the red fish. Also had a wonderful strawberry dessert. Loved the kale salad, shrimp and grits and pork belly (my favorite). Would drfinately definitely go again. Had great service too.Special Features:
- wonderful food - lots of optionshungryladyDined on 7/12/2014Oak at fourteenth is a fabulous restaurant with great fresh food options - try the buratta! There are great choices of appetisers and entrees - something to please everyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/10/2014Extremely noisy! Cannot have a conversation inside!
- Way overpriced!4krcDined on 7/8/2014From the ridiculously priced wine list (not a single bottle under $40....but plenty over $100) to the entrees, all of which were $25 or over, to the $13 salads (6 roasted beet pieces with a sprinkling of basil and cheese)....I will not be back.
- Great restaurant!WsweVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had a great lunch at this place! Service was excellent! Fried pickles to start which were wonderful! I had a noodle salad which was very good. My husband loved his turkey sandwich. Dessert was a coffee dusted/frosted donut which was also wonderful! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Food overrides noiseGuidoVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a very noisy restaurant, however the quality of the food makes up for it. The small plates are varied and not really small, good for sharing. The kale/ apple salad and shrimp& grits were outstanding. Try to get a patio (sidewalk) table if the weather permits.Special Features:
- college town servicesjspismeDined on 7/1/2014slow, slow, slow. Slow first contact with waiter, slow drink order, slow refills of alcohol, slow check delivery, slow pick-up, it would be difficult to say a complete lack of interest on the part of the waiter but I am willing to say a 99% lack of interest in our experience. Could this curly haired lad be a bad apple? The pretty well all-around ennui was obvious, hostess, bussers, food runners. As a chef for over 35 years I tend to give staff a break when it comes to "one-of-those-days". I am always explaining to friends who have not worked in the restaurants why what they think is bad service is excusable. My only explanation here: disinterest as an overall restaurant wide policy-no thanks. Weird think was that the food was great.Special Features:
- Pretty goodPlaneCrazyVIPDined on 6/29/2014House drinks were amazing. Bone marrow appetizer was pretty good. Dessert was a bit disappointing (both of them). Entrees were tasty, but portioning seemed wrong. I had probably too much food, while my wife's portion was a bit small. Overall, its better than average. I might go back, but its not at the top of my list to do so.Special Features:
- Creative diningThommoVIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent, innovative food and outstanding service. Appetizers were tasty but skimpy in portion size. Entrees were generous and flavorful. Wine list was not expansive but well chosen. Overall, a restaurant that I would have no hesitation in visiting again and recommending to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS - again!raftingandravenousDined on 6/24/2014Last time 3 of us ate all the small/shared-plate options. All excellent. This time, my husband and I split two small plates and each had our own entree. Even being nine months pregnant, I was able to comfortably finish the entree after sharing the starters. The "large" plates are healthy, normal size portions, not 'fast casual heapings' of food. The menu had some lovely new items on it - a parmesan custard with shaved asparagus salad, squid ink pasta with king crab and manila clams, bacon-wrapped pork tenderlion cooked to perfection. You just can't go wrong at this place. If you walk in, grab a bar seat by the wood-fired stove to watch the action happen as you eat. It's an excellent spot that's reliably awesome time and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.