Oak & Vine at Springside
6141 West Lake Road
Auburn, NY 13021Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Oak & Vine at Springside
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.oakandvine.com/
- Phone: 3152528463
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday: 10:30 am - 2:00 pm, Sunday: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30 pm - 10:00 pm, Sunday: 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Java
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Oak & Vine's private dining facilities can accommodate up to 30 guests. Featuring the great cuisine of Oak & Vine.
- Private Party Contact: Chad Siddall 3152528643
- Entertainment: Live entertainment Wednesdays 8-11pm. Featuring local music talent. Talented musicians playing a wide array of great music. Always a great time at the Oak & Vine.
A word from Oak & Vine at Springside
Oak & Vine at The Springside Inn is a modern gastro-pub located in the heart of the Finger Lakes, just a stone's throw from Owasco Lake and The Merry-Go-Round Theater. Our CIA trained chefs offers an array of American cuisine featuring delicious burgers, creative specials, locally-sourced organic produce from Happy Bee Farms. Seasonal-menu offerings range from creative pizzas, vegetarian and gluten-free options, to our hoisin-marinated bone-in pork chop and sashimi-grade tuna club sandwich. Off-menu we emphasize fresh fish and regionally-sourced beef. The restaurant provides private dining, casual pub-seating, and outdoor tables overlooking The Springside's Gazebo Gardens. Our knowledgeable staff strives to create a vibrant, neighborly atmosphere, so come enjoy our inspired fare, our extensive selection of craft beers, and our Wednesday-night live music!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGastro Pub
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Oak & Vine at Springside - Best Restaurants in Auburn ›
Oak & Vine at Springside reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (23)special occasion (15)scenic view (15)good for groups (13)romantic (10)great for brunch (9)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Perfect eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014When we made our reservation we asked for outdoor seating and that is just what we got. We had a nice table on the porch which is covered by a huge canopy ( no dodging sun under small umbrellas). Service was there promptly. We asked for time to enjoy our drinks and they did not keep pestering us until they thought we might want another drink. At that time they took our order. Our meals were very much to our liking and I had excess to take home. Very pleasant experience and one I should have done more often this summer. Inside bar area looked very appealing too if it was a cooler evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We were married at the Springside Inn 8 years ago. We decided to go there for our anniversary dinner. We've been there for brunch a few times since we were married but we hadn't had dinner since our first anniversary. The food, service and atmosphere was wonderful! Perfect really. We are planning to return (at the very least) every year for our anniversary. We hope to dine there more often! :-)Special Features:
- Experience at Oak and VineAlong4rideDined on 8/16/2014I thought it was a nice place and our waiter was very good. I had some "Greens and Beans" soup that was very good. And then I had a salad with tuna added, and it was not good at all. The salad was ok, but did not have tomatoes or enough onion. And the tuna was awful. It was dry, WAY over cooked and hard, like crusty and dry. If I was not with friends I would have sent it back. Instead, I did not want to make a scene, so I just ate it, but it was not good. It seemed like everyone else's entrees were good, but mine was a failure because the tuna was terrible. Would ahve been better to just empty a can of tuna on the salad rather than the dried out little piece that I got with my salad for ANOTHER 7 DOLLARS!Special Features:
- A nice place to have dinnermacaroniDined on 8/13/2014The major distraction was a group of 6 or 7 noisy women, who cackled loudly and ruined our otherwise nice evening. I made a momment to the host when she tried to seat us next to the women, but even at a distance it was a major distraction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add this to your bucket listOwascoiteDined on 7/30/2014For anyone living in or vacationing in the Finger Lakes, taking in a meal at Oak and Vine is a must do. The Springside Inn is dear to those of us who grew up in Auburn and it has maintained its charm and warmth through the decades. The menu at Oak and Vine reflects that charm and warmth while presenting contemporary and well prepared cuisine. If it is not seriously stormy, opt for a table on the porch. The view is lovely and the lake breezes will make you fall in love with the Owasco Lake. This restuarant should be on your bucket list!Special Features:
- FrenchyDined on 7/24/2014Our first time here. Service was attentive & food was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely outdoor settingmarbraDined on 7/21/2014We were hoping for a nice day that allowed us to eat outside, and were not disappointed. Outdoor setting is lovely and peaceful. Food was delicious. Service was great. A good experience. Will plan to return.Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerDLoebDined on 7/18/2014We had a moderately large group (8 people) and felt that everything went smoothly. Service was just right and we left there quite happy. It was a gorgeous evening and we were happy to be able to sit outside. Thank you for accommodating us!Special Features:
- Great evening out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014We split a couple pizzas and an order of each side. Everything was delicious and the everyone left full with even a couple leftovers. We sat out on the porch and ate, and even though it rained the awning still allowed us to stay outdoors. Great food, great service!Special Features:
- Good food and service!BenaroundDined on 6/28/2014Good was of good quality. Nice outdoor seating and a good waiter. Prices are reasonable for ala cart menu. Enjoyable but nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014Great experience - all in my party were very satisfied!Special Features:
- Outdoor dining, delightfulmarbraDined on 6/16/2014We had been to the Oak and Vine before and enjoyed the wonderful food. This was our first outdoor dining experience. The weather was perfect and the view is delightful. Unfortunately a bus arrived to unload passengers, right in front to the outdoor dining area. Toward the end of our meal this happened again. It is too bad the buses have to stop in just that spot and not a little further down the driveway. ' The waitress was very pleasant and for the most part the service was good, but she did bring the wrong meal whaich had to be returned.Special Features:
- penneyDined on 6/12/2014seemed as though the waitress was new or occuopied someplace else. i had to ask another waitress for my drink. she brought my wifes but not mine. we were there for our anniversary . waitress needs better training.Special Features:
- Nice Surprisedreamnest3Dined on 5/24/2014We are new to the Auburn area and were looking for a nice place to take my in-laws for dinner. This was a last minute suggestion from someone at work and it turned out to be a pleasent surprise. The food was excellent if a tad pricey. Our waiter was gracious and informative, helping us feel relaxed and pampered. It was a beautiful setting on a goreous night.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go backJoeyRocketDined on 5/9/2014Found it by chance on OpenTable while driving on I-90. Warm atmosphere, great service. Spectacular food. Pork Shank with Polenta was to die for. Portion was a little large so go easy on apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting from KansasjustvisitingDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed dinner at Oak and Vine 3 years ago on our way to Syracuse to drop off our son for graduate studies. We enjoyed the same excellent experience this year in celebration of his graduation. We hope to dine here again when we visit this area in our future travels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 99 reviews are from the Oak & Vine at Springside reviews archive.
- Food was great, Seth was awesome.judyDined on 3/21/2014Food was great, Seth was awesome. Great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Always a great nightMikeDined on 3/14/2014Oak & Vine is excellent for a special dinner or for a night out with friends. Beth and Sean always make people feel welcome and the wait staff is always friendly and provides great service. They go out of their way to make special events happen in the winter and summer. Great selection of beers on tap and the wine list is always up to date. Foods specials are always unique and worth trying. Tuna club is a favorite bar menu item. If I was to sum it up why we go there, it is a comfortable place to go out and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationeba1Dined on 3/4/2014For a weeknight the Oak and Vine was pleasantly busy! As always the food and service was a delight....so attentive! Recommend this to one and all for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Butternut Squash soupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The Butternut Squash soup is a Must! Ordered the special - Sea Bass - yum!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girlfriends get togetherDaisymasyDined on 2/4/2014On a snowy night had dinner with a friend. Fireplace warmed the Dining Room. Hot cheddar broccoli soup was perfect for the night. After our soup we had a Caesar and Beet salads. Our attentive waitress suggested a glass of wine with dinner. Everything was delicious and it was a perfect way to spend a Winter night. I would highly recommend Oak&Vine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special EventCindyDDined on 1/17/2014The special Blues and Burgers night was again a great hit. Food was very good and the band was awesome as usual !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a Slow NightRichDined on 12/27/2013My wife and I were there the Friday after Christmas which turned out to be an unusually slow night for them. Started with a couple of drinks at the comfortable bar then went into the Dining Room where we were greeted by a friendly host who gave us choice of seating. But that was easy since we were the only ones in there until another couplel arrived just prior to our departure. The waiter was very professional but friendly. Make sure you try the Butternut Squash soup which is excellent! Food was available in about 20 minutes from ordering and was very well presented and tasteful. Not the least expensive price but we got a good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely return...a gem!SteveDined on 12/14/2013My wife & I were looking for accommodations for the nearby Seneca Falls' 'It's a Wonderful Life' festivities. We [thankfully] stumbled onto the Springside Inn, attached to Oak & Vine. The dinner was part of a package get away deal with a one night stay. I'm pleased to say the accommodations were great, and the dinner even better. The service was outstanding - our waiter Kevin was attentive, knowledgeable, and engaging. The food was excellent - my filet was cooked perfectly with a tasty reduction sauce, and my wife's ribs tender & flavorful. With a gorgeous blanket of snow outside, we enjoyed a table right next to the fireplace. Would recommend this as a nice 'off the beaten path' place for a delicious dinner & charming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BYOB MondayspmrthirdVIPDined on 11/25/2013Monday is BYOB night with no corkage fee. Great food and atmosphere and loved ability to bring my own wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuEmmelleDined on 9/20/2013Chicken Alexis was really a pasta dish more than a chicken dish. Mostly pasta and a few chunks of chicken etc.Special Features:
- Room with a ViewalnbarthelVIPDined on 9/8/2013After driving back roads of Connecticut, Massachusetts and New York for 7 hours, the Oak and Vine was a delightfully quiet find in a superb setting. The food was delicious gastro-pub fare. My fillet was prepared to perfection! The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceRobiDined on 9/7/2013Hi - my party of 8 dined with you on Sat, Sept 7th and we all enjoyed our meals. We had two children with us and they, along with the rest of us, were treated very well by your wait staff - very friendly and courteous. Will definitely be returning - especially loved the butternut squash soup!!Special Features:
- The food was average or slightlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013The food was average or slightly above. The service was the worst!Special Features:
- Owasco GemMaryDined on 8/31/2013Our innkeeper at a local B&B where we were staying recommended Oak and Vine. We were not disappointed. We were able to book a reservation online, which was fantastic, and were waited on very quickly despite the fact that there were two rehearsal dinners and a wedding going on. The menu had something for everyone, and the food was fresh and delicious. Great job! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time here - and equallyArracanDined on 8/19/2013Second time here - and equally pleased as we were the frst time. Outstanding food - fabulous service - great location. The owners have tried to expand the menu a bit which is a good idea as the old menu was a tad limiting. The additions (which are not listed on the menu but come as specials) included two appetizers and two mains. Only comment - not sure you can improve on an excellent creme brule - the three pack of creme brule specials (mint chocolate and two other forgetable flavours) would be much better as a "real" traditional creme brule.Special Features:
- ConfusedRVAWmVIPDined on 8/17/2013Lane leading in makes one think of a private club or country inn and maybe this once was same. Unfortunately, the current addition seems a bit confused about what they are. While a wedding was obviously going on somewhere on the property, the dinner crowd was outfront under a Monet-like 'Boating Party' awning. The view is outstanding. The food, well let's say more like a marina grub fare. Fair wine list, lots of beer and much fried entrees abound. While the entry is impressive, the experience is not. Sorry folks, try to get a grip on what/who you are.Special Features:
- enjoyable dinnercrumblyDined on 8/13/2013my husband and I enjoyed our first time there very much; very nice waiter that was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2013We have been to Oak and Vine frequently and have always been happy with everything except the Pinot noir choice...blah! This visit our food was not what it once was but the porch dining ambiance was lovely. Our party of 4 were not pleased with their meals. Is there a new chef? The salmon that went along with the salad used to be outstanding. If you call yourself Oak and Vine...your wine selections could be changed up once in a while. Try a Wild Horse Pinot Noir or even Sheldrake Luckystone Red it will be awhile until we visit again and that's too bad.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationGoodeatsDined on 7/10/2013We celebrated a milestone anniversary at the Springside Inn, eating dinner at the Oak and Vine. Meal was delicious although the green salad was simply too much as a starter. Filet was cooked perfectly and tender. Service left something to be desired as there was a wait for our dessert to come out and it appeared the waiter would have rather been anywhere but there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!luv2eatDined on 7/8/2013We did not know this place existed - It was a great find! It was easy to make reservations on-line. While there we enjoyed a comfortable atmosphere, friendly and efficient service, and excellent food! We went after going to see a play at the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse. The Oak and Vine at Springside will be a part of our cultural experience every time we attend a play:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As we have mentioned previously,ListentousDined on 7/5/2013As we have mentioned previously, while the food was quite tasty and the service was good, the noise level at The Oak and Vine made it difficult to converse comfortably. There must be some way to "soak up" the sound.Special Features:
- Oak & Vine a winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2013Our party of 8 had a great experience. A diverse menu that was well executed from the Tuna Club and Gumbo to full entrees. Something for everyone from Ribeye & Osso Bucco specials to Roasted Vegetable Risotto for the Vegetarian in the group. Outstanding appetizers (Calamari and Carpaccio) and salads. Our Waiter and the rest of the Staff were very helpful and responsive without being intrusive. We enjoyed some live music before and during dinner with a short walk to watch the Fireworks. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Yum yum!BBFoodieDined on 6/26/2013One of our favorite spots! Sat on the veranda and enjoyed the beautiful grounds. Crab cakes did not disappoint! Lump crab with a tiny bit of filler to bind. Carefully chopped onion and pepper and fresh herb to season the cakes, delicately seared, served with a lovely aioli. Planked zucchini and yellow squash sautéed with scallops was very tender. One minor suggestion- the white rice(basmati) as an accompaniment was fine, but the plate needed a bit more texture - a brown rice (with almonds?) would have been preferable, in my opinion. Service was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Have dined there several times, and never disappointed. The grilled salmon and lemon herb risotto is delicious! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty YumsBigfootDined on 6/15/2013Had 4 people in our party. Everyone had something different. All was tasty. I highly recommend the cheese soufflé and the butcher steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.