Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
680 Falmouth Rd.
Mashpee, MA 02649Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakandember.com/
- Phone: 5084770060x
- Hours of Operation:
4:00 pm to 10:00 pm Sunday - Wednesday
4:30 pm to 11:00 pm Thursday
4:30 pm- 12:00 Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Mashpee Cape Cod Whiskey Bar
Live Entertainment see web-site for details
A word from Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
City steakhouse meets southern smokehouse in an elegant setting. Featuring over 140 whiskeys and 120 wines as well as local micro brews on tap. Featuring all natural USDA prime meats, creative seafood entrees as well.Continued
One of the most beautiful bars on Cape Cod.
One of the most beautiful bars on Cape Cod.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Mashpee ›
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (71)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (46)vibrant bar scene (37)romantic (37)great for outdoor dining (26)hot spot (22)good for groups (21)late-night find (12)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Special meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I took a group of 9 for a special meeting. The service was excellent, we did not feel rushed. While an open room, it was easy to have the needed conversations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a very nice dinner - started with tuna bruschetta - very nice, and peach and arugula salad. Seafood was very good - cod prepared with spinach. side of wild mushrooms was not that special, but the hushpuppies were very good.Special Features:
- ONE DISAPPOINTMENTirishfanDined on 9/26/2014Since the restaurant is known for offering flights of whiskeys, I invited my brother and his wife to the restaurant to enjoy the good food, but especially to indulge in a flight of Irish whiskeys. Since I had enjoyed such a flight during my prior 2 visits even though an Irish whiskey flight was not specifically listed on the menu. I was very disappointed to be told by our server that the manager had said that an Irish whiskey flight could not be made up on a Friday night. I have to ask, since you already have several Irish whiskeys listed on your menu, how difficult would it be to take 4 of our choosing from the menu, and pour a shot of each into 4 separate glasses for our tasting and comparison?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant!Bhc123Dined on 9/17/2014I dined on Wednesday night with a friend. Oak and Ember came highly recommended by a coworker and so I had high expectations. I was not disappointed! My meal, the prime flat iron with creamed spinach was fantastic; the meat just melted In my mouth. My friend enjoyed the shrimp and scallop over grits, the presentation was beautiful and she said the flavors were great. Fantastic wine selection and it was fun to end the night trying a whiskey flight. I am new to whiskey and our server guided us to a perfect beginners choice! Thank you for the attentive and informative service and the delicious food. I will spread the word and be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Mashpee RestaurantbierundweinDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant breaks the habit of Cape Cod restaurants to all have a "Cape menu." This restaurant is nothing short of refreshing, for a southern transplant, It is an oasis in a desert of lobster rolls and quahogs. The steaks and ribs are great, the grits are better than any grits I've had in the South, as are the hush puppies. They have a Pre Fix menu as well, which for 25 dollars is a bargain for a 3 course meal. What really gets me excited is the bar with 140 whiskeys and all of their unique cocktails. This a bar that offers a serious experience, when people realize how good it is, there will probably be lines to sit at the bar. Overall the servers and managers are incredibly professional and knowledgeable. Would recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Very noisy on Saturday night3MNMTSVDined on 9/13/2014Staff tried hard to provide service on a very busy night; disorganized and a confused. They ran out of menus. Even with a reservation, we sat for 20 minutes before being offered menus or water. Bread came in a half hour. Each staff member seemed to be handing off tasks to another, and I think we got forgotten. Food is delicious but service needs work. Maitre d' has attitude which is an unpleasant start.Special Features:
- Good bar selectionsCapenanaDined on 9/13/2014The wait staff at Oak and Ember are exceptional and very professional from the bartender to the host and wait staff....all great! LOVE the fried green tomatoes . Our dinners were good, not great, but We will definitely go back and try other offering in the menu. Ambience is lovely !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back39CallanDined on 9/11/2014From the time I walked in to the time I left I found my experience to be by far the best experience I have ever had on Cape Cod. From the greeting at the door to the most knowledgeable and professional service staff to cuisine that was well presented and delicious Oak and Ember is here to stay. Whether you are looking for a restaurant with a wide variety of whiskeys and wines to a menu where there is something for everyone. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencejackcdrpDined on 9/7/2014Totally enjoyed our experience with Oak and Amber. Waiter very knowledgeable about menu and how food is prepared. Timing of selections was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensual feast for the eyes & palateFood4goolieDined on 8/31/2014Outstanding service, unique food choices, and extensive whiskey & cocktail menu combine for a special dining treat. The staff is very helpful in navigating the extensive unique whiskey menu and were very helpful with food recommendations. A lot of extra touches like special wine glasses, interesting serving platters and a beautiful display of whiskey bottles at the bar combine for a visual feast for your senses.The menu, while not extensive, has multiple sauces and unique combinations of flavors to stimulate the palate. Something for everyone! Even delicious gluten free choices! The only complaint are the bulky menus which clutter the table tops in the bar leaving little space for dishes. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very InflexiblepoppydiningDined on 8/30/2014Due to dietary restrictions we asked for three simple side substitutions such as slaw vs fried, all of which were tersely rejected. An ordered bottle of wine did not show up until we were half way through dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014There was a very mediocre band playing so loudly that it was impossible to enjoy the evening. The food was ok. Fries were cold and reheated, ribs not tender and another of our guests food was cold. Overall we could hardly wait to get out of there.
- ExcellentCCClassicVIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed everything about this restaurant - the menu, the food, the service and the physical facility. The menu was extensive with something for everyone. The wine list was good with a number of reasonably priced selections. This the fourth owner of this property and hopefully these folks have the winning formula. We enjoyed our first visit and will return.Special Features:
- Keeps us coming backFood4thoughtDined on 8/24/2014This was our third time at Oak and Ember, and it was as good if not better than before. We were immediately welcomed, and laughing as soon as we got there. Samantha was our server and not only was she extremely efficient, but very friendly and knowledgable! They would bring things that we needed before we had to ask. They have an amazing wines by the glass list, and you love whiskies this needs to be your restaurant of choice; however, the shandy is simply fantastic! My wife had the halibut and loved it while I had the best ribeye I have ever had with Au pouve! We ended the night with the beignets, and were not disappointed! The manager stopped by several times and that was very reassuring-he was funny too! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpopsDined on 8/23/2014Appetizer was OK. Duck was rare after requesting medium. Even when re-done, not particularly tasty. Just not an enjoyable experience.
- Surprising chickenPeteyDined on 8/22/2014We came for steak and had the fried chicken. Delish! Came with Mac and cheese and had collard greens and hush puppies as sides. Great! And reasonably priced. Live music was too loud in early evening and then got lower - much better as background. Kevin - the host - was great and very attentive. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014We rented a home for the summer in Mashpee and only found Oak & Ember a week ago after looking online for some new restaurants. The only negative about this fabulous restaurant was not knowing it existed! I shop at Roche Brothers 3-5 times a week and I never knew this hidden jewel was literally right around the corner! Anyway, in 1 week we dined at Oak & Ember three times! We were fortunate to have William as our waiter - he is one of the most knowledgeable waiters and his explanations of the food, wine & cocktails made our dining experience enjoyable! He is top notch! The decor, atmosphere and service are second to none - we can't wait for our next dinner at Oak & Ember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dining experienceGuidoDined on 8/21/2014Really enjoyed this place. An all around pleasant dining experience. Only been open a year but projects real staying power. Use of fresh local ingredients is apparent in the dishes. Staff is friendly and knowledgable. Nice atmosphere whether inside or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calypsoDined on 8/21/2014we were a party of 9 for my husband's birthday. We had great service, the food was fabulous and the atmosphere is very pretty...a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in New Seabury AreadavemVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had a wonderful dinner with the family. I highly recommend it if you want a higher-end steak/bbq experience. I loved the scotch and wine selection. The older crowd and locals will probably think it is too expensive. But, the price is about right for this quality restaurant. I go to New Seabury once or twice a year... for sure this will be on my must-do list every time I go.Special Features:
- Solid fare and ambianceJSS2016Dined on 8/20/2014It was a quiet evening, so the noise level was good since there was not much of a crowd. The service was good. The wine and beer selection (don't like whiskey, so you'll have to read a different review for that.) was good. I had wanted a steak and they had a few good options. Plating was good. Sat outside and that was comfortable. Price was a bit steep overall. Maybe reasonable for summer on the Cape, but $200 for 3 people was a bit over my expectations and budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding!! Don't Miss...Canee1VIPDined on 8/19/2014Started by making a special request of an off the list Irish whiskey flight which was graciously accepted. It was wonderful. Then moved on to the deviled eggs appetizer and lobster cake. Outstanding. All of this was topped off with the scallop and shrimp grits. Superb!! I wanted to do something special for my significant other, and the Oak and Ember surpassed my expectations.... We will be back..Special Features:
- SlowFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Food is fine but the service was slow from the Kitchen. Waited a long time for our food and mine came cold so I needed to send it back to be reheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Qbee318Dined on 8/15/2014Went here for dinner with my mom and my 4 year old daughter. We ordered the filet mignon. It was cooked perfectly and was delicious. It comes with your choice of steak sauce, but it didn't need any. Had a side of white cheddar Mac and Cheese and asparagus. Thought sides would be small but they were large enough to share. Had peach crisp for dessert...also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We've been here twice now and have enjoyed it each time. Cocktails, food and chocolate cake were excellent. Service was 'eh' - they need a lesson or two on how to establish a relationship with their guests and also NO reading the specials. Memorize them and know the correct pronunciations. The atmosphere and good food made up for the server who just needs a little more experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Bruinsfan321Dined on 8/14/2014This is my third time to Oak and Ember and every meal has been excellent AND the service is outstanding. It's always disappointing when a good meal is ruined by poor service. Not here -- in fact, I praised both food and service to the general manager as we departed the restaurant. I highly recommend Oak and Ember.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseMaggieDined on 8/13/2014Chose this restaurant due to Open Table connection & they offered a prix fixe menu. We had fried green toms & trio of deviled eggs as app & husband loved his eggs, toms were good. Entrees were fish for husband (can't remember type) which he enjoyed & I had fried chicken w/mac & cheese which was tasty. I took home my peach crisp dessert which was still good hours later. Husband opted for salad as 2nd app rather than dessert, which they accomodated. I had their signature Manhattan, which was very smooth. Also an outstanding Sauvignon Blanc. House vodka is Tito's & reasonably priced @$8, which husband enjoyed. Our waiter, Michael, was friendly & knowledgeable. Beautiful restaurant, warm welcome at the door, felt very upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy place!ScottRosenthalVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great ambiance, great food and very classy place! Good wine and drink list and a nice menu. Presentation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSCapeCodVegetarianDined on 8/12/2014as always :) the fried green tomatoes are a must have!Special Features:
- SeatinglikegoodfoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant has easy, comfortable seating but the Restaurant's reservation system randomly seats Open Table diners at high tops in the bar without request. This should be changed so the diner doesn't have to special request a change.Special Features:
- Great time at oak and emberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Went to oak and ember while on vacation at the cape and had a great time. The restaurant was beautiful and elegant, we had an excellent waiter who was able to explain the menu. The seating was very comfortable and the food was excellent . My family wanted steak and we got it. Everything about the restaurant was great, and we would go back in a minute.Special Features:
- Take a Break...2togoVIPDined on 8/3/2014If you need a break from fried clams, fish & chips, steamers & beer etc etc this is a good place to go. Like the name implies, the focus is on whiskey & beef, but they have enough other choices to satisfy varied tastes at the bar and on the menu. Plus, if you're over 30 you won't feel out of place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Whiskey loversCeeDeeDined on 8/2/2014Had flights of whiskey, made it fun to try new thingsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Oak and EmbertravelingirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014We arrived a few minutes late for our 8 pm reservation and the place was so busy we waited anothe 20+ minutes for our table. It was well worth the wait as our dinners and the service was really quite good. Chelsea took excellent care of us. Our dinners were quick to arrive and delicious. Scallop and shrimp dish was perfect as was the rib sampler. The whiskey selection added nicely to the celebration. Oak and Ember is a terrific addition to the dining scene on the upper cape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as always!CapeCodVegetarianDined on 8/1/2014This weeks vegetarian special entree was truly a work of art. soooo delicious! Loved the raggae band in the bar area too! Thank you for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- 3rd times a charmQuellieDined on 7/28/2014We first visited this restaurant when it first opened and did not have a grt experience. Upon our 2nd attempt to return we had a terrible run in with management and decided not to go. Its now been almost a year and we decided to give it one more shot and glad we did. The host/manager at the door greeted us with a friendly 'hello' and promptly seated us. He also checked in a few times to ask how our experience was and I will say it was overall much better. truth be told the food has always been grt here, but our past experience with management/staff was enough to keep us away. This has obviously changed for the better!! Glad to know it. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak and Ember is outstandingPrinceCoveDined on 7/26/2014We made a meal out of drinks, sharing appetizers, and desserts. Everything was perfection. The staff is excellent as well. Save room for dessert! We shared the Lemon Meringue Cloud and the Beignets. Both are incredible. We ate at the bar.Special Features:
- Change of Pace for the CapeelvisVIPDined on 7/26/2014City steak house experience on Cape Cod. We tried a variety of items from the menu and the burger and the halibut did not disappoint. The BBQ short ribs looked like small charcoal bricks and were very dry. I found the onion soup very sweet but the others in my party enjoyed the flavor. Desserts were good and the fact that we had such a great waitress made the overall experience very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The food was fresh and delicious. Our waiter was great but the host was not. I had a reservation for two people and when I arrived, I asked if we can not have a table for 3 and if that was OK. The host answered no it is not OK which I was shocked by his response. I told him I was willing to wait for a table anywhere in the restaurant or bar. He didn't seemed pleased but ended up telling me that I would have to wait 20 minute which was perfectly fine for the party we were with. We ended up getting at table of 4 within 5 minutes. Once we sat down our waiter was excellent and very attentive and the food was devine. It's too bad the host had to be so rude arriving at the resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CapeCodVegetarianDined on 7/26/2014The customer service is always superior. We live close by and love to dine here frequently. So great that they have a vegetarian chef's special all the time. The peach crisp dessert is amazing!! Highly recommend!!Special Features: