Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
680 Falmouth Rd.
Mashpee, MA 02649Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakandember.com/
- Phone: 5084770060x
- Hours of Operation:
4:00 pm to 10:00 pm Sunday
4:00 pm to 11:00 pm Monday thru Thursday
4:00 pm- 12:00 Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Mashpee Cape Cod Whiskey Bar
Live Entertainment Every Thursday and Friday Night
Pat Ryan Trio
6:30 PM- 9:30 PM
Featuring band members...
Jon Evans on bass and Dave Scandurra on drums.
Playing an eclectic mix of creative improvisational
music, jazz, classic rock, and blues interpretations.
Including some original music as well.
Mike Dumas Satellite Band
Performing Friday Nights
7:30 PM- 10:30 PM
Classsic Rock and Contemporary Hits
A word from Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
City steakhouse meets southern smokehouse in an elegant setting. Featuring over 130 whiskeys and 120 wines as well as local micro brews on tap. Featuring all natural USDA prime meats, creative seafood entrees as well.Continued
One of the most beautiful bars on Cape Cod.
One of the most beautiful bars on Cape Cod.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Mashpee ›
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
136 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)special occasion (62)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (45)romantic (39)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (11)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed everything about this restaurant - the menu, the food, the service and the physical facility. The menu was extensive with something for everyone. The wine list was good with a number of reasonably priced selections. This the fourth owner of this property and hopefully these folks have the winning formula. We enjoyed our first visit and will return.Special Features:
- Keeps us coming backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was our third time at Oak and Ember, and it was as good if not better than before. We were immediately welcomed, and laughing as soon as we got there. Samantha was our server and not only was she extremely efficient, but very friendly and knowledgable! They would bring things that we needed before we had to ask. They have an amazing wines by the glass list, and you love whiskies this needs to be your restaurant of choice; however, the shandy is simply fantastic! My wife had the halibut and loved it while I had the best ribeye I have ever had with Au pouve! We ended the night with the beignets, and were not disappointed! The manager stopped by several times and that was very reassuring-he was funny too! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpopsDined on 8/23/2014Appetizer was OK. Duck was rare after requesting medium. Even when re-done, not particularly tasty. Just not an enjoyable experience.
- Surprising chickenPeteyDined on 8/22/2014We came for steak and had the fried chicken. Delish! Came with Mac and cheese and had collard greens and hush puppies as sides. Great! And reasonably priced. Live music was too loud in early evening and then got lower - much better as background. Kevin - the host - was great and very attentive. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014We rented a home for the summer in Mashpee and only found Oak & Ember a week ago after looking online for some new restaurants. The only negative about this fabulous restaurant was not knowing it existed! I shop at Roche Brothers 3-5 times a week and I never knew this hidden jewel was literally right around the corner! Anyway, in 1 week we dined at Oak & Ember three times! We were fortunate to have William as our waiter - he is one of the most knowledgeable waiters and his explanations of the food, wine & cocktails made our dining experience enjoyable! He is top notch! The decor, atmosphere and service are second to none - we can't wait for our next dinner at Oak & Ember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dining experienceGuidoDined on 8/21/2014Really enjoyed this place. An all around pleasant dining experience. Only been open a year but projects real staying power. Use of fresh local ingredients is apparent in the dishes. Staff is friendly and knowledgable. Nice atmosphere whether inside or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in New Seabury AreadavemVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had a wonderful dinner with the family. I highly recommend it if you want a higher-end steak/bbq experience. I loved the scotch and wine selection. The older crowd and locals will probably think it is too expensive. But, the price is about right for this quality restaurant. I go to New Seabury once or twice a year... for sure this will be on my must-do list every time I go.Special Features:
- Solid fare and ambianceJSS2016Dined on 8/20/2014It was a quiet evening, so the noise level was good since there was not much of a crowd. The service was good. The wine and beer selection (don't like whiskey, so you'll have to read a different review for that.) was good. I had wanted a steak and they had a few good options. Plating was good. Sat outside and that was comfortable. Price was a bit steep overall. Maybe reasonable for summer on the Cape, but $200 for 3 people was a bit over my expectations and budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding!! Don't Miss...Canee1VIPDined on 8/19/2014Started by making a special request of an off the list Irish whiskey flight which was graciously accepted. It was wonderful. Then moved on to the deviled eggs appetizer and lobster cake. Outstanding. All of this was topped off with the scallop and shrimp grits. Superb!! I wanted to do something special for my significant other, and the Oak and Ember surpassed my expectations.... We will be back..Special Features:
- SlowFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Food is fine but the service was slow from the Kitchen. Waited a long time for our food and mine came cold so I needed to send it back to be reheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Qbee318Dined on 8/15/2014Went here for dinner with my mom and my 4 year old daughter. We ordered the filet mignon. It was cooked perfectly and was delicious. It comes with your choice of steak sauce, but it didn't need any. Had a side of white cheddar Mac and Cheese and asparagus. Thought sides would be small but they were large enough to share. Had peach crisp for dessert...also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We've been here twice now and have enjoyed it each time. Cocktails, food and chocolate cake were excellent. Service was 'eh' - they need a lesson or two on how to establish a relationship with their guests and also NO reading the specials. Memorize them and know the correct pronunciations. The atmosphere and good food made up for the server who just needs a little more experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Bruinsfan321Dined on 8/14/2014This is my third time to Oak and Ember and every meal has been excellent AND the service is outstanding. It's always disappointing when a good meal is ruined by poor service. Not here -- in fact, I praised both food and service to the general manager as we departed the restaurant. I highly recommend Oak and Ember.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseMaggieDined on 8/13/2014Chose this restaurant due to Open Table connection & they offered a prix fixe menu. We had fried green toms & trio of deviled eggs as app & husband loved his eggs, toms were good. Entrees were fish for husband (can't remember type) which he enjoyed & I had fried chicken w/mac & cheese which was tasty. I took home my peach crisp dessert which was still good hours later. Husband opted for salad as 2nd app rather than dessert, which they accomodated. I had their signature Manhattan, which was very smooth. Also an outstanding Sauvignon Blanc. House vodka is Tito's & reasonably priced @$8, which husband enjoyed. Our waiter, Michael, was friendly & knowledgeable. Beautiful restaurant, warm welcome at the door, felt very upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy place!ScottRosenthalDined on 8/12/2014Great ambiance, great food and very classy place! Good wine and drink list and a nice menu. Presentation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSCapeCodVegetarianDined on 8/12/2014as always :) the fried green tomatoes are a must have!Special Features:
- SeatinglikegoodfoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant has easy, comfortable seating but the Restaurant's reservation system randomly seats Open Table diners at high tops in the bar without request. This should be changed so the diner doesn't have to special request a change.Special Features:
- Great time at oak and emberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014Went to oak and ember while on vacation at the cape and had a great time. The restaurant was beautiful and elegant, we had an excellent waiter who was able to explain the menu. The seating was very comfortable and the food was excellent . My family wanted steak and we got it. Everything about the restaurant was great, and we would go back in a minute.Special Features:
- Take a Break...2togoVIPDined on 8/3/2014If you need a break from fried clams, fish & chips, steamers & beer etc etc this is a good place to go. Like the name implies, the focus is on whiskey & beef, but they have enough other choices to satisfy varied tastes at the bar and on the menu. Plus, if you're over 30 you won't feel out of place...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Whiskey loversCeeDeeDined on 8/2/2014Had flights of whiskey, made it fun to try new thingsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night at Oak and EmbertravelingirlVIPDined on 8/2/2014We arrived a few minutes late for our 8 pm reservation and the place was so busy we waited anothe 20+ minutes for our table. It was well worth the wait as our dinners and the service was really quite good. Chelsea took excellent care of us. Our dinners were quick to arrive and delicious. Scallop and shrimp dish was perfect as was the rib sampler. The whiskey selection added nicely to the celebration. Oak and Ember is a terrific addition to the dining scene on the upper cape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful as always!CapeCodVegetarianDined on 8/1/2014This weeks vegetarian special entree was truly a work of art. soooo delicious! Loved the raggae band in the bar area too! Thank you for a lovely eveningSpecial Features:
- 3rd times a charmQuellieDined on 7/28/2014We first visited this restaurant when it first opened and did not have a grt experience. Upon our 2nd attempt to return we had a terrible run in with management and decided not to go. Its now been almost a year and we decided to give it one more shot and glad we did. The host/manager at the door greeted us with a friendly 'hello' and promptly seated us. He also checked in a few times to ask how our experience was and I will say it was overall much better. truth be told the food has always been grt here, but our past experience with management/staff was enough to keep us away. This has obviously changed for the better!! Glad to know it. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak and Ember is outstandingPrinceCoveDined on 7/26/2014We made a meal out of drinks, sharing appetizers, and desserts. Everything was perfection. The staff is excellent as well. Save room for dessert! We shared the Lemon Meringue Cloud and the Beignets. Both are incredible. We ate at the bar.Special Features:
- Change of Pace for the CapeelvisVIPDined on 7/26/2014City steak house experience on Cape Cod. We tried a variety of items from the menu and the burger and the halibut did not disappoint. The BBQ short ribs looked like small charcoal bricks and were very dry. I found the onion soup very sweet but the others in my party enjoyed the flavor. Desserts were good and the fact that we had such a great waitress made the overall experience very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The food was fresh and delicious. Our waiter was great but the host was not. I had a reservation for two people and when I arrived, I asked if we can not have a table for 3 and if that was OK. The host answered no it is not OK which I was shocked by his response. I told him I was willing to wait for a table anywhere in the restaurant or bar. He didn't seemed pleased but ended up telling me that I would have to wait 20 minute which was perfectly fine for the party we were with. We ended up getting at table of 4 within 5 minutes. Once we sat down our waiter was excellent and very attentive and the food was devine. It's too bad the host had to be so rude arriving at the resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CapeCodVegetarianDined on 7/26/2014The customer service is always superior. We live close by and love to dine here frequently. So great that they have a vegetarian chef's special all the time. The peach crisp dessert is amazing!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Expected better.Foodie11Dined on 7/25/2014Had to send back my filet. It was cooked MW and had ordered MR. The service was good and the live band was good And a nice touch.Special Features:
- Upscale CapeJbradDined on 7/25/2014Very nice resteraunt, especially nice for the Cape. Went on a Friday and there was a live blues band which was very nice. Food is great compared to other resteraunts in the area. Very nice, and special for the Cape.
- Another great experience!aka1Dined on 7/25/2014Second great dining experience here this summer this past Friday evening. Food was delicious. Great service. Martinis were perfectly created per our specific request. The four man jazz band was awesome and created the perfect ambiance. We moved to the bar and remained for the rest of the evening because we enjoyed the music so much! Will be back again!Special Features:
- Great dining in MashpeeMomzVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was delicious and well prepared. Had the grilled jumbo shrimp and the dry aged sirloin. Our server was knowledgable and attentive. A bit on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice discovery.SandyNeckdinerDined on 7/23/2014We dined late on a Wednesday night and the dining room was fairly quiet. Our waiter explained the whiskey menu and made a couple of suggestions. Both were fantastic! Thank you, William. While enjoying our cocktail we shared the peach and arugula salad. I liked that the goat cheese was on the side. My vegetarian dish was a Nepolean, a short stack of thinly sliced vegetables, eggplant, squash and tomatoes with a bit of homemade ricotta on top of lemon risotto. It was delicious! My husband had the grilled jumbo shrimp and enjoyed it very much. William also recommended wines for our dinner as well as perfect after dinner drinks. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent meal & service!FitfoodieDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant has a beautiful, cozy decor, very friendly staff & great service. The food was fantastic! We started with the peach arugula salad & apple bacon hush puppies. Both were delicious! For our entrees, we had the halibut with peach chutney, scallops, and fried chicken. We enjoyed all of them but the halibut was amazing! Will definitely come back on our next visit to The Cape!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak and EmberPM30Dined on 7/20/2014Great food, definitely a meat lover specialty. Great steak and ribs. Extensive wine list. Service was excellent, resteraunt is on the smaller side but very well put together.Special Features:
- Second visit this week!CapeCodSandyDined on 7/18/2014Introduced friends to O&E. They loved it as much as we did. We had a great dinner (two men ordered the veal special) (one strip steak) (one planked salmon). The food, as usual, was cooked to perfection! Our waitress (Coleen???) was fun and informative. We had a GREAT corner booth as I requested (but never hoped to get on a Friday night!!). The only......and ONLY negative was the volume of the music. We were in a far corner and it was very loud. It was hard to carry on a conversation it was so loud. Something to think about in the future. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally, a great Cape Restaurant!Need2feedVIPDined on 7/18/2014We really liked Oak and Ember! After a couple of dud restaurants in this lovely South Cape Plaza location, Oak and Ember seems to have found the secret recipe for success. The food was excellent, and the service just right. All of our waitress' recommendations were on the mark, and if you like whiskey this is your place. Will definitely return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fare, service and GF menuZhournyaDined on 7/16/2014Great food, service and atmosphere! My fiancé has a gluten allergy and the menu offered many options. Service we'll timed and friendly. Very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oak and EmberMurphatNFalmouthDined on 7/16/2014Nowhere as good as Wicked. Would never return, and will not recommend it to anyone.
- Great local restaurantSusanoVIPDined on 7/15/2014Part of the Wicked restaurant family - Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar & Grill is a great option if you are interested in steak, bbq and seafood. Smoke flavors the meals - the salmon was great. Family members got the twin filet and special pork loin which they loved. Hope theySpecial Features:
- Great experienceCapeCodSandyDined on 7/14/2014Great night with my daughter and husband. Michael was the absolute best server! His suggestions were welcomed and spot on. I am not a whiskey drinker, but he suggested a whiskey that I thoroughly enjoyed. His knowledge of the menu was extraordinary. Husband devoured his pork shank, my planked salmon was to die for, and daughter's rib sampler was great.....happy stomachs all around. Topped the night with delicious creme brulee. This is our 2nd dining experience at O&E and we will be back again soon. Love the fact that we can make reservations; especially during the busy summer. We are year round residents and definitely eat out more in the cold winter months. Looking forward to many more visits and we hope Michael will be working!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.