Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
680 Falmouth Rd.
Mashpee, MA 02649Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oakandember.com/
- Phone: 5084770060x
- Hours of Operation:
4:00 pm to 10:00 pm Sunday - Wednesday
4:30 pm to 11:00 pm Thursday
4:30 pm- 12:00 Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Southern, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cigar Room, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Mashpee Cape Cod Whiskey Bar
Live Entertainment see web-site for details
A word from Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill
City steakhouse meets southern smokehouse in an elegant setting. Featuring over 140 whiskeys and 120 wines as well as local micro brews on tap. Featuring all natural USDA prime meats, creative seafood entrees as well.Continued
One of the most beautiful bars on Cape Cod.
One of the most beautiful bars on Cape Cod.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill - Best Restaurants in Mashpee ›
Oak and Ember Whiskey Bar and Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
143 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (72)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (54)notable wine list (46)vibrant bar scene (40)romantic (35)hot spot (26)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (20)late-night find (12)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Steak, chicken & fishpopseedDined on 10/21/2014But stay away from the ribs. Very disappointing. The chicken, on the other hand, first rate! And the mixed drinks are exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Great service.BigMDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food, quick and fast service. Will was very helpful and informed about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!PgrowDined on 10/18/2014We had the most perfect dining experience here last night. The food was a amazing-- from the delicious bread and corn muffins, to the sirloin my husband enjoyed so much, to the yummy cod dish I had. The outstanding service was equally impressive... on a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate our experience 11.Special Features:
- Perfect EveningPerfectDined on 10/14/2014Wonderful restaurant to dine alone or meet friends, enjoy great food with excellent wine/bar choices and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix fixed menuTobyDined on 10/12/2014Went there on a Sunday night. We all ordered off of the prix fixed menu. Good food, great service and the price was very fair. $25 for three courses. Also had a glass of wine for $5. What a steal!Special Features:
- Exceptional Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Exceptional Service. Loved the food especially the lobster cake! Great ambience overall albeit a little noisy at times. I already recommended to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentab11Dined on 10/11/2014Scallops could have been more colorful but were otherwise very tasty. Steak was cooked perfectly, tender, delicious. They might have put salt and pepper on the tables but it was a fine meal. Excellent, friendly service.Special Features:
- DisappointedJohnDined on 10/11/2014This was our second visit to Oak and Ember. Although the food was very good the pour volume of our single malt scotches was very disappointing. Two small sips and it was gone. We didn't voice any complaint to the wait staff but in comparison to any other restaurant we've been too this was sub-par. We won't be returning any time soon as there is better value for the money elsewhere.
- Food hit all notesJulesDined on 10/4/2014We love to dine out. Many of our outings are based on phantom gourmet suggestions. Oak and Ember was one. This experience was flavorful and was truly one of the best meals we have had from start to finish in some time. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special meetingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014I took a group of 9 for a special meeting. The service was excellent, we did not feel rushed. While an open room, it was easy to have the needed conversations.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2014We had a very nice dinner - started with tuna bruschetta - very nice, and peach and arugula salad. Seafood was very good - cod prepared with spinach. side of wild mushrooms was not that special, but the hushpuppies were very good.Special Features:
- ONE DISAPPOINTMENTirishfanDined on 9/26/2014Since the restaurant is known for offering flights of whiskeys, I invited my brother and his wife to the restaurant to enjoy the good food, but especially to indulge in a flight of Irish whiskeys. Since I had enjoyed such a flight during my prior 2 visits even though an Irish whiskey flight was not specifically listed on the menu. I was very disappointed to be told by our server that the manager had said that an Irish whiskey flight could not be made up on a Friday night. I have to ask, since you already have several Irish whiskeys listed on your menu, how difficult would it be to take 4 of our choosing from the menu, and pour a shot of each into 4 separate glasses for our tasting and comparison?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Been here 3 times and will keep coming back. The staff is very knowledgeable of the menu which has much to offer. The hush puppies appetizer is a must. There's a ton of whiskeys to try and the flights are great way to do that. I've had the salmon, the grilled chicken and this last time had the sirloin which I think will be my go-to. It was cooked perfectly med-rare and the bleu cheese aioli on the side was a nice addition. Excited to try everything else the menu has to offer. Oh also make sure to try the chocolate cake if you've saved room.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant!Bhc123Dined on 9/17/2014I dined on Wednesday night with a friend. Oak and Ember came highly recommended by a coworker and so I had high expectations. I was not disappointed! My meal, the prime flat iron with creamed spinach was fantastic; the meat just melted In my mouth. My friend enjoyed the shrimp and scallop over grits, the presentation was beautiful and she said the flavors were great. Fantastic wine selection and it was fun to end the night trying a whiskey flight. I am new to whiskey and our server guided us to a perfect beginners choice! Thank you for the attentive and informative service and the delicious food. I will spread the word and be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Mashpee RestaurantbierundweinDined on 9/14/2014The restaurant breaks the habit of Cape Cod restaurants to all have a "Cape menu." This restaurant is nothing short of refreshing, for a southern transplant, It is an oasis in a desert of lobster rolls and quahogs. The steaks and ribs are great, the grits are better than any grits I've had in the South, as are the hush puppies. They have a Pre Fix menu as well, which for 25 dollars is a bargain for a 3 course meal. What really gets me excited is the bar with 140 whiskeys and all of their unique cocktails. This a bar that offers a serious experience, when people realize how good it is, there will probably be lines to sit at the bar. Overall the servers and managers are incredibly professional and knowledgeable. Would recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- Very noisy on Saturday night3MNMTSVDined on 9/13/2014Staff tried hard to provide service on a very busy night; disorganized and a confused. They ran out of menus. Even with a reservation, we sat for 20 minutes before being offered menus or water. Bread came in a half hour. Each staff member seemed to be handing off tasks to another, and I think we got forgotten. Food is delicious but service needs work. Maitre d' has attitude which is an unpleasant start.Special Features:
- Good bar selectionsCapenanaDined on 9/13/2014The wait staff at Oak and Ember are exceptional and very professional from the bartender to the host and wait staff....all great! LOVE the fried green tomatoes . Our dinners were good, not great, but We will definitely go back and try other offering in the menu. Ambience is lovely !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back39CallanDined on 9/11/2014From the time I walked in to the time I left I found my experience to be by far the best experience I have ever had on Cape Cod. From the greeting at the door to the most knowledgeable and professional service staff to cuisine that was well presented and delicious Oak and Ember is here to stay. Whether you are looking for a restaurant with a wide variety of whiskeys and wines to a menu where there is something for everyone. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencejackcdrpDined on 9/7/2014Totally enjoyed our experience with Oak and Amber. Waiter very knowledgeable about menu and how food is prepared. Timing of selections was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sensual feast for the eyes & palateFood4goolieDined on 8/31/2014Outstanding service, unique food choices, and extensive whiskey & cocktail menu combine for a special dining treat. The staff is very helpful in navigating the extensive unique whiskey menu and were very helpful with food recommendations. A lot of extra touches like special wine glasses, interesting serving platters and a beautiful display of whiskey bottles at the bar combine for a visual feast for your senses.The menu, while not extensive, has multiple sauces and unique combinations of flavors to stimulate the palate. Something for everyone! Even delicious gluten free choices! The only complaint are the bulky menus which clutter the table tops in the bar leaving little space for dishes. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very InflexiblepoppydiningDined on 8/30/2014Due to dietary restrictions we asked for three simple side substitutions such as slaw vs fried, all of which were tersely rejected. An ordered bottle of wine did not show up until we were half way through dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014There was a very mediocre band playing so loudly that it was impossible to enjoy the evening. The food was ok. Fries were cold and reheated, ribs not tender and another of our guests food was cold. Overall we could hardly wait to get out of there.
- ExcellentCCClassicVIPDined on 8/26/2014We enjoyed everything about this restaurant - the menu, the food, the service and the physical facility. The menu was extensive with something for everyone. The wine list was good with a number of reasonably priced selections. This the fourth owner of this property and hopefully these folks have the winning formula. We enjoyed our first visit and will return.Special Features:
- Keeps us coming backFood4thoughtDined on 8/24/2014This was our third time at Oak and Ember, and it was as good if not better than before. We were immediately welcomed, and laughing as soon as we got there. Samantha was our server and not only was she extremely efficient, but very friendly and knowledgable! They would bring things that we needed before we had to ask. They have an amazing wines by the glass list, and you love whiskies this needs to be your restaurant of choice; however, the shandy is simply fantastic! My wife had the halibut and loved it while I had the best ribeye I have ever had with Au pouve! We ended the night with the beignets, and were not disappointed! The manager stopped by several times and that was very reassuring-he was funny too! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingpopsDined on 8/23/2014Appetizer was OK. Duck was rare after requesting medium. Even when re-done, not particularly tasty. Just not an enjoyable experience.
- Surprising chickenPeteyDined on 8/22/2014We came for steak and had the fried chicken. Delish! Came with Mac and cheese and had collard greens and hush puppies as sides. Great! And reasonably priced. Live music was too loud in early evening and then got lower - much better as background. Kevin - the host - was great and very attentive. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014We rented a home for the summer in Mashpee and only found Oak & Ember a week ago after looking online for some new restaurants. The only negative about this fabulous restaurant was not knowing it existed! I shop at Roche Brothers 3-5 times a week and I never knew this hidden jewel was literally right around the corner! Anyway, in 1 week we dined at Oak & Ember three times! We were fortunate to have William as our waiter - he is one of the most knowledgeable waiters and his explanations of the food, wine & cocktails made our dining experience enjoyable! He is top notch! The decor, atmosphere and service are second to none - we can't wait for our next dinner at Oak & Ember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first dining experienceGuidoDined on 8/21/2014Really enjoyed this place. An all around pleasant dining experience. Only been open a year but projects real staying power. Use of fresh local ingredients is apparent in the dishes. Staff is friendly and knowledgable. Nice atmosphere whether inside or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calypsoDined on 8/21/2014we were a party of 9 for my husband's birthday. We had great service, the food was fabulous and the atmosphere is very pretty...a good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in New Seabury AreadavemVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had a wonderful dinner with the family. I highly recommend it if you want a higher-end steak/bbq experience. I loved the scotch and wine selection. The older crowd and locals will probably think it is too expensive. But, the price is about right for this quality restaurant. I go to New Seabury once or twice a year... for sure this will be on my must-do list every time I go.Special Features:
- Solid fare and ambianceJSS2016Dined on 8/20/2014It was a quiet evening, so the noise level was good since there was not much of a crowd. The service was good. The wine and beer selection (don't like whiskey, so you'll have to read a different review for that.) was good. I had wanted a steak and they had a few good options. Plating was good. Sat outside and that was comfortable. Price was a bit steep overall. Maybe reasonable for summer on the Cape, but $200 for 3 people was a bit over my expectations and budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstanding!! Don't Miss...Canee1VIPDined on 8/19/2014Started by making a special request of an off the list Irish whiskey flight which was graciously accepted. It was wonderful. Then moved on to the deviled eggs appetizer and lobster cake. Outstanding. All of this was topped off with the scallop and shrimp grits. Superb!! I wanted to do something special for my significant other, and the Oak and Ember surpassed my expectations.... We will be back..Special Features:
- SlowFoodieDined on 8/19/2014Food is fine but the service was slow from the Kitchen. Waited a long time for our food and mine came cold so I needed to send it back to be reheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Qbee318Dined on 8/15/2014Went here for dinner with my mom and my 4 year old daughter. We ordered the filet mignon. It was cooked perfectly and was delicious. It comes with your choice of steak sauce, but it didn't need any. Had a side of white cheddar Mac and Cheese and asparagus. Thought sides would be small but they were large enough to share. Had peach crisp for dessert...also delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We've been here twice now and have enjoyed it each time. Cocktails, food and chocolate cake were excellent. Service was 'eh' - they need a lesson or two on how to establish a relationship with their guests and also NO reading the specials. Memorize them and know the correct pronunciations. The atmosphere and good food made up for the server who just needs a little more experience.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Bruinsfan321Dined on 8/14/2014This is my third time to Oak and Ember and every meal has been excellent AND the service is outstanding. It's always disappointing when a good meal is ruined by poor service. Not here -- in fact, I praised both food and service to the general manager as we departed the restaurant. I highly recommend Oak and Ember.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseMaggieDined on 8/13/2014Chose this restaurant due to Open Table connection & they offered a prix fixe menu. We had fried green toms & trio of deviled eggs as app & husband loved his eggs, toms were good. Entrees were fish for husband (can't remember type) which he enjoyed & I had fried chicken w/mac & cheese which was tasty. I took home my peach crisp dessert which was still good hours later. Husband opted for salad as 2nd app rather than dessert, which they accomodated. I had their signature Manhattan, which was very smooth. Also an outstanding Sauvignon Blanc. House vodka is Tito's & reasonably priced @$8, which husband enjoyed. Our waiter, Michael, was friendly & knowledgeable. Beautiful restaurant, warm welcome at the door, felt very upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy place!ScottRosenthalVIPDined on 8/12/2014Great ambiance, great food and very classy place! Good wine and drink list and a nice menu. Presentation was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUSCapeCodVegetarianDined on 8/12/2014as always :) the fried green tomatoes are a must have!Special Features:
- SeatinglikegoodfoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant has easy, comfortable seating but the Restaurant's reservation system randomly seats Open Table diners at high tops in the bar without request. This should be changed so the diner doesn't have to special request a change.Special Features: