629 West Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.o-toro.com/
- Phone: 610-254-0777x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Wine Bar, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from O-toro
Nestled next to Landmark Americana on Lancaster Avenue, o-toro is an intimate wine bar featuring sushi and tapas. Its quaint ambiance, created by natural black walnut tables, bamboo bar and Japanese cork covered walls, invokes a cozy dining experience.The Chef utilizes familiar flavors to create a modern menu that pairs perfectly with the extensive wine list featuring 24 varietals by the glass, which are served from a state of the art cuvinet system ensuring every glass is fresh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
O-toro - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
O-toro reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (11)good for groups (11)romantic (9)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Great Food and Manager So Nice!NewZagats2VIPDined on 9/14/2014The food here was very good and the manager, Joe, was so nice to us! We had an Open Table Reservation for 9, but the restaurant closed at 9! We happened to arrive early. So the manager was so nice to us! Very generous and accommodating! The food was excellent! Highly recommend the Perfect meal we had! The flat bread mushroom (pizza) appetizer, and the Crunch Shrimp tempura roll. (For next time, easy on the spicy mayo, although we loved it). The California roll, so fresh,and the famous bread pudding with ices cream! Fiji water. So good, we could have had 10 of those rolls! Thank You, Joe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this placefoodfanatic007Dined on 9/13/2014Every time I go here, I try something new and each time, I am more impressed. Their food is seriously to die for and don't even get me started on dessert (two words: bread pudding). This time I tried a raspberry mojito and it was very impressive. I can't afford to go here too frequently; otherwise, I would be a weekly regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to impressAMD718Dined on 9/12/20144th time there. Sushi and tapas were excellent; no surprise there. What was a surprise was the drinks. In the past the drinks have been a weak point for us but this time they were excellent. Kudos to the bartender who made us special, seasonal Old Fashioned's and Manhattans. Price is very reasonable too. Practically half the price of some of the more expensive spots in the area. Will be returning for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always sooo goodDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is a great restaurant for lunch because of the sushi special. The Rolls are innovative and delicious. Each bite was celebrated. The shoestring truffle fries are totally addictive I hope they keep them on the menu. Also try the miso soup with fancy mushrooms it is yummy. We did not get a lot of the tapas small plates this time and I missed them because they are all so good specially nori crusted your filet mignon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely coming backOutwithfriendsDined on 9/6/2014We were looking for a nice sushi spot to celebrate a special occasion, but needed the flexibility to bring our young kids. Positives: All of the sushi rolls were excellent, and we took our server's suggestions, and thoroughly enjoyed those. Edamame was spiced a bit strongly perhaps. Cocktails were tasty. Importantly, however, they had a kids' menu, and they brought that food out as soon as it was ready (at our request). So, for our purposes, it was the best of all worlds. Concerns: It was almost completely empty -- we left at 6:30 on Saturday, and there was only one other customer there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/23/2014great for sushi with a great staff! the atmosphere is romantic,rolls are really tasty and mondays are byob! luv 2 dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WeezyDined on 8/21/2014The service was warm at the door and closely attentive throughout the meal. Ambience was cosy and nice with comfortable chairs and soothing music playing in the background not interrupting our conversations. The food was very good, we tried everything on the 20 for $20 menu, some things twice, and had a truly enjoyable meal. Will definitely be making another date to revisit the restaurant again!Special Features:
- Great food, not so great servicetbird1021VIPDined on 8/18/2014I've been to O'toro several times. The food is always fantastic (both the sushi and the tapas) yet the service always seems to be lacking. Not sure why that is. I should note that whenever I've eaten at the bar - the bartender's service has always been excellent. The table service is the issue. I hope they get their act together - other wise, I'm done with eating in the restaurant. I'll just stick with the bar!Special Features:
- Excellent Late night sushi findShermVIPDined on 8/8/2014Excellent Late night sushi find, sushi is half off between 9-10 pm drinks are discounted during this time!!! just awesome deal!!!Special Features:
- Best rolls and sushiLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/31/2014Relaxing music, great service and food! Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still keeping my interestJillBVIPDined on 7/30/2014The menu changes on a regular basis and the concept still works for me. The interesting mix of sushi options, international and creative tapas, wines and other drinks is a winner. Half price wine on Wednesday is a must since prices are through the roof. The food isn't cheap either, but it is delicious. Service still needs a little polish. Hostess was kind of unwelcoming and the servers are good, but not great.Special Features:
- Saturday at O-ToroDoBoVIPDined on 7/12/2014Surprisingly the restaurant was empty at 7pm on a Saturday, Everyone can't be down the shore! Service was prompt and attentive. Nice wine and cocktail list. The tapas and sushi rolls were presented well and tasted even betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tawnyalunaVIPDined on 7/11/2014We loved the tuna nachos little plate, but the sushi was not that great.Special Features:
- Good food, but hot!EastgateVIPDined on 7/1/2014Sushi was good - ordered off of the happy hour ($5) and got the salmon/avocado, spicy tuna, california, and filet mignon dumplings. Only one waitress on a Tuesday night, but food came out relatively quickly. We sat by the TV to watch the world cup, and the heat radiated through the open front door until a manager asked if he could shut it. Overall, good food, okay service.Special Features:
- Fresh sushi. Half price on weekndsNewZagats2VIPDined on 6/6/2014Half price sushi Fri and Sat! Fresh! Get the Shrimp tempura or the New Englad, minus the spicy. Miso soup is too fishy-weird dashi flavored. NEVER get the mushroom roll. It is horrible. The flatbread pizza with mushrooms, is great! … my friend got Korean rice thing with an egg. yuck! and he got the lobster mac. so yuck. Our server was so nice and smiley, but we mentioned that we had a movie to make in time… and somehow, he made us just late enough, that even with previews, the theatre locked the doors! As it was the last movie of the night, anywhere! So it kind of messed up the Fri night plans. But at least it was fresh and we had plenty of leftovers for lunch. (cooked sushi shrimp tempuras)...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and fresh, but...NewZagats2VIPDined on 6/5/2014Don't get the mushroom roll. YUCK. The tempura roll great and the roll like shrimp tempura without the spicy, was great too. The other rolls were fresh, but not that wonderful in combination… Mushroom flatbread is YUM!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 5/30/2014The food has been consistently delicious. The shoe string fries with truffel aoli are addictive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuff again...My2CentsVIPDined on 5/29/2014Back to o-toro again. Thursday night is best night to go with their sushi combination special - 5 rolls for $20. Great deal and rolls are fantastic. Highly recommend the bread pudding for dessert. Best one on menu.Special Features:
- Girls lunchCoralieDined on 5/29/2014We planned this lunch to say good bye a very good friend and decided to go to O-Toro. We all had been on separate occasions and liked it. You can't beat the half price lunch on week days either, another benefit! We ate well ad had a good time.Special Features:
- Family TimeRetiredGourmetVIPDined on 5/23/2014Nice menu. Offers gluten free pasta. Accommodates kids of all ages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the O-toro reviews archive.
- Jscw6VIPDined on 5/17/2014O-Toro has become our go-to restaurant. We always know that our dinner will be delicious.
- Awesomebmja69Dined on 5/15/2014Such a good time, our waiter was great and the sushi was amazing! We will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Great return visit...My2CentsVIPDined on 5/15/2014Our second time there and it did not disappoint. We went on a Thursday night for dinner. They have a great special on Thursday night - 20 pieces of sushi for $20. Sushi was fresh and delicious. Ordered several tapas plates too - calamari salad excellent and nori crusted filet was great. Definitely save room for dessert. Toro's take on homemade bread pudding was outstanding.Special Features:
- Very Fresh!BryanVIPDined on 5/9/2014I went here with a date who loves sushi, and we weren't disappointed. The place is clean, friendly and the food was wonderful. Our favorite was the Osaka! Then, the Olive Tree (very interesting combo). We both didn't like the Mexicano... I guess sushi and chipotle really don't mix well. But, that said, it was a great meal and we'll be back.Special Features:
- Nice SushiNotallR4sVIPDined on 5/7/2014O-toro is better than I remembered from out first visit. Nice sushi though not an extensive selection but what they do is well done. Also a nice selection of non-sushi items to compliment. The brussels sprouts with kimchee and bacon were outstanding!Special Features:
- Way too saltyMomOnTheGoDined on 3/28/2014I have always enjoyed this places. Not sure if they changed owners, chefs, etc. but the food was too salty overall. The fried rice was not only too salty and way too spicy....no one could eat it and we like spicy foods. I have gotten the Sunflower roll multiple times and always enjoyed it. It just was not the same this time. Not sure I will go back.
- Awesome SushiSummrbabyDined on 3/14/2014We often come here for Sushi. Always fresh and delicious. I appreciate that they will customize any roll for you. I wish they also had brown rice. Can't wait to come back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sushi is always fresh,MarGVIPDined on 3/6/2014The sushi is always fresh, rolls are creative and delicious. All of their tapas are great but their newer addition the kimchee brussel sprouts, are truly amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AverageJordanDined on 2/21/2014We decided to give O-Toro another shot after a subpar experience when it first opened. Unfortunately, we had another average experience and probably won't be back. Servers were distracted & the food is okay - the calamari salad was underdressed and the calamari itself was overcooked. The lobster mac and cheese was great, however, and my boyfriend said his "kfc" chicken skewers were good. I ordered the mushroom sushi roll and thought it was overpriced for the quality. In general, O-Toro is a bit expensive; beer drafts start at $8. Finally (maybe this is just a personal pet peeve), the tables are those long tables where you can't even reach your significant other's plate but can hear every word of the conversation at the table next to you.Special Features:
- Creative fresh sushiRayceeVIPDined on 2/19/2014Nice maki rolls. Wednesday wine bottle special is a clincher. Wine selection by bottle is limited, but dispenser provides great by the glass selection. Service has been stretched.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good sushi and otherAnnaDined on 2/14/2014Very good sushi and other specialty selections. Our service was attentive. We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- eclectic but goodphilaeatsVIPDined on 2/1/2014nice, if unexpected, mix of sushi, tapas, and a wine bar. Food was very good. One warning: pork buns were actually pork sliders. Were good but were expecting pork filled buns.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedjohnDined on 1/31/2014My wife and I picked this place due to the Asian spin on the tapas concept, the traditional variant of which has pretty much run its course as far as I'm concerned. Personal faves were the spicy chicken skewers (timid palette's need not apply, bring the heat!), the calamari salad (really light breading and clean flavor) as well as the nori filet. Yum, Yum, Yum, this place is off the hook!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit - thought wepcje4VIPDined on 1/8/2014Second visit - thought we would give it another try. Nothing special. Food so so and service very slow. Won't be going back.
- The food here is fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2014The food here is fantastic! Every time I come, I bring someone new, so they can fall in love with this place, like I have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Pan Asian tapas/sushiPaigeDined on 12/31/2013The food is very interesting and tasty. Nice atmosphere. I wish it could be a "neighborhood gem," so I could go every week. But at $80 for the two of us, (and $11 for a glass of wine, $7 for a beer), the cost makes it more a special occasion place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ordered Sunflower and OliveShareVIPDined on 12/28/2013We ordered Sunflower and Olive Tree. They were delicious but not crunchy as described on their menu. Duck tacos were okay. Bread pudding was the best.Special Features:
- Great sushi and extensivejohnbosphlDined on 12/22/2013Great sushi and extensive selection of wines by the glass. Ny only menu critcism in three visits was the mediocre filet dumplings. mushroom flatbread and duck tacos were outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; nice ambienceMRS0BEDined on 12/19/2013Great food; defined as sushi and tapas, but even the tapas have an asian influence. Nice ambience; mellow vibe. Waitress could have been a little more attentive, but overall good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourSufjan89VIPDined on 12/19/2013I like to go here for weekday happy hour (for an early dinner) every-so-often. They have specials on food and a limited drink menu. There is a beautiful bar area where we order a variety of sushi and Korean-flavored tapas dishes. I leave full without paying too much for a satisfying meal.