O Steaks and Seafood
62 Doris Ray Court
Laconia, NH 03247Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
O Steaks and Seafood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.magicfoodsrestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 603-524-9373
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Scott Ouellette
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full service on and off premise catering. For off premise catering please call 603.707.6929 or visit us at www.magicfoodsrestaurantgroup.com or
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact restaurant for information. 603-524-9372.
- Private Party Contact: Scott Ouellette 6035249373
- Special Events: Absolut Martini Tuesdays-$5 Absolut martini's in the bar.
BFD Wednesdays: $5 burgers, $3 fries, $2 drafts
A word from O Steaks and Seafood
We welcome you to experience sophisticated dining overlooking Lake Opechee. Enjoy hand cut steaks and the freshest seafood complemented by a new world of wine and martinis. We are loacated in the Lake Opechee Inn and Spa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
O Steaks and Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)fit for foodies (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great food - long wait!!!tonyDined on 8/10/2014We made a reservation for 7:30 and when we got there, we were told that because we made our reservation through open table the same day, we had to still wait for a table. Why bother with a reservation? There were tons of empty tables and we could have at least had a seat assigned to us and order a drink. Also, there were a bunch of tables outside with no one sitting at them. We ordered a drink from the bar and sat at one of those tables. 5 mins later we were asked to move. This is an expensive restaurant, and, they should get their act together. We had to stand around with our drinks for OVER AN HOUR even though we had a reservation and there were TONS OF TABLES EMPTY. 7:30 reservation, I didn't get served dinner till almost 10:00.Special Features:
- Usually Great, But Not Last NightDonMDined on 8/6/2014O's was one of my fav spots and I was always confident about bringing guests and business associates to dine there. I made a reservation on OpenTable at the time I wanted and ended up getting a outdoor table. While the view was fantastic as the sun set, services was slow, out of sync and impersonal. Two of our guests complained to the server about the Shrimp Cocktail tasting funny. The server didn't seem to care and walked away. An overcooked steak arrived at the table and the server said it was probably cooked as ordered by the "lighting" made it look overcooked. My Thai seafood special was terribly salty, the mac and cheese side was bland, the replacement steak came undercooked and very salty and the duck was overcooked as well.
- The following 28 reviews are from the O Steaks and Seafood reviews archive.
- Always a great experienceElaineDined on 12/29/2013When we want a special treat, we always think of one of Scott Ouellette's great dining establishments. Whether it be O Steaks and Seafood in Laconia, O Concord or Canoe in Center Harbor (all our faves) it is pretty much guaranteed to be great food and great service. Our recent experience at O in Laconia was just that. The food was delicious, the service we received from our server, Courtney, was just right and the ambiance of the restaurant was fantastic! The couple we met for dinner are old friends and they brought along their two school age children. Courtney was kind and very helpful, answering their questions and helping out with special requests. All in all, just a great evening out with friends, enjoying great food and company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night with friends!LakegirlDined on 10/12/2013We had a wonderful time at O's. The food was great. Our waitress was attentive however it took quite a while for our food to come. This was our second visit to O's. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Crabby ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2013Great food as usual, but the server was rude, condescending and ruined a nice dinner with friends. Normally, service at O's is great but I wad tempted to not leave a tip. I decided to take the high road but will ask for a different server if I ever get the same one ever again. I love this resturant and visit it about once a month. I also like to bring friends and guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at a reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2013Great food at a reasonable price. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Steak is outstanding...but...LynneDined on 7/11/2013The restaurant always seems to be smokey, like they have a ventilation problem. I've been there on 3 separate occasions and all three times I felt it was too smokey. My guess is, it must just be inadequate ventilation. Outside is nice, but eventually you get bombarded with Mosquitos! I keep going back for the steak and everything else I have ordered is also very good. So 5 stars for the food, but only 2 for the atmosphere due to the smoke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be careful where you're seatedDavidDined on 5/4/2013We liked this restaurant and will go back. The food was very good and not outrageously priced. But we were seated in a small windowless room off the main dining room better suited for very small group private functions or as a utility room. In fact, there was a cabinet and countertop and wall cabinets along one entire wall with glasses wine bottles and linen stored. Next time we'll specify that we wish to be seated in the main dining room which is airy and spacious. But for this we give three stars would be 4.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening and good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013went with family for our son's 18th birthday. It was fun. the food was good, the service as well. Definitely worth going to in the Lakes region. Glad we found it.Special Features:
- A really nice place in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012A really nice place in the lakes region.A place where my family gets excited to eat at.For the price our Steaks were not the best quality meats we have had.Still good . This is our favorate place for Oyster Rockefellers. Deep fried oreols are great as well .Special Features:
- I didn't realize O was relatedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2012I didn't realize O was related to Canoe of Center Harbor, NH, which is also fantastic. Food is interesting and portions are generous (i.e., seafood risotto would feed at least two people, if not three). Side dish of lobster mashed potatoes (yum) is enough for two. Prices aren't ridiculous either. Location is beautiful and convenient, on the shore of Lake Opechee.Special Features:
- Good Food Average ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2012The meal was delicious as usual, but the waitress we had was a bit distracted, resulting in spotty service in terms of timeliness with drinks and their pouring.Special Features:
- Great OverallJBWhVIPDined on 8/5/2012We were pleasantly treated to a wonderful experience. Great atmosphere, great food. The waitress greeted us promptly and offered us water, but seemed to forget to take our beverage order quickly, that was indeed the only slip up of the evening though. Food and service continued on to be fantastic. We had our 10 yr. old with us, and they also had a great selection on their kids menu.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2012The food was excellent, Service was marginal and do not let the hostess seat you in the first area on the right. There is no ambiance compared to the rest of the restaurant. On one side we had the family with a three year old and a three month old. The other side had a bacholorette party of 7 women. This area of several tables is the dumping zone. After making reservations a week in advance and other tables available in the rest of the dinning room, I do not understand being stuck where we were seated.
- O's Steakhouse is probablyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2012O's Steakhouse is probably the best restaurant in the Lakes Region, which unfortunately is not renown for great restaurants! What sets O's apart is consistently tasty apps and main dishes combined with a beautiful buildout. I live in Meredith and O's is well worth the drive.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012The food was outstanding! This is not the first time we have dined at the O and my husband always gets the lobster mac and cheese. He has never been disappoined! We had two other couples with us and they raved about the Kobe steak! The portions are generous as we all brought home a To Go Bag!Special Features:
- Consistently great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2011Highly recommend this restaurant. The food is consistently great, portions are hardy and staff is knowledgeable and attentive. Several decent wines are available by the glass thanks to a special system that ensures freshness.Special Features:
- What a treat! My favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/22/2011What a treat! My favorites were the oysters Rockafeller and the lobster Mac & cheese which was recommended to us by a friend. Our party was but six people this visit. I had been there previously for a 60th birthday party as well.Special Features:
- Since it was New Year's Eve,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010Since it was New Year's Eve, we had a party of 6 and were make a night out of our dining at O. The pace between courses was set perfectly. The service was excellent. Everyone's entree was cooked exactly as expected. Delicious food as usual, as we frequent O quite often during the summer mnonths. We knew we couldn't go wrong with celebrating New Year's Eve at this fabulous restaurant.Special Features:
- The BEST in the Lake's RegionOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/27/2010The BEST in the Lake's Region and beyond......PERIOD!Special Features:
- The best meal I have everOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010The best meal I have ever had. The owner ( chef ) greeted us when we arrived the food was 5 star. The service was impeccable. I have never went online to respond to any type of survey but I had to for this restaurant.Special Features:
- This is the 2nd time I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2010This is the 2nd time I have been to this restaurant and I went back because the 1st time was excellent. The food was still great but we were seated in a separate room with a party of 10 and they were loud and did nothing but complain. Our waitress also was not that attentive to us because of this party on 10. When she took our food to wrap up she tried to carry too many meals at once and she spilled my meal all over herself. I will however go back again becaus the food was excellent
- beautiful decor, fabulouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2010beautiful decor, fabulously attentive (but not bothersome) waitstaff; outstanding food...cannot wait for the next time!Special Features:
- O steaks and seafood was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2010O steaks and seafood was great! Everyone at the table was happy. Portions were huge and the sides were enormous. One is definitely enough!Special Features:
- Had a great meal on the beautifulTbelmontVIPDined on 8/12/2010Had a great meal on the beautiful terrace. Caesar salad and scallops were greatSpecial Features:
- We LOVE O's Steaks & Seafood!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2009We LOVE O's Steaks & Seafood! Best restaurant in the region!Special Features:
- Have been here several times..TbelmontVIPDined on 8/22/2009Have been here several times.. and last saturday night was very disappointing-- really off night. Had to wait 30 minutes even with reservation, served tepid water, out of several wines by the glass and selection poor and expensive for what it is. Some food was cold. We ordered things that never came yet they were on bill-- my suggestion is to try this off-season and avoid the place in the summer- they cannot keep up .
- great atmosphere food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/7/2009great atmosphere food was fantastic frindly and knowlegeable serverSpecial Features:
- I live in boston, my parentsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009I live in boston, my parents live in Laconia. I try to make it to O's every time I travel north. Great space, in the summer we've enjoyed a drink overlooking the scenic lake. Try the lobster mac and cheese, itself worth the drive.Special Features:
- We went to O'Steaks and SeafoodamfLDined on 12/31/2008We went to O'Steaks and Seafood for New Year's eve. They were a little late with our table but the owner offered free drinks while we waited which was very nice. The food was superb!! We all ordered different appetizers and entrees from the prix fixe menu and everyone in our group was absolutely delighted. If O'Stealks can turn the quality of food we got, that late on a very busy night, I can't wait to get back there on a more quiet occasion.Special Features: